Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74021 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Ordered new set of 84-88 Rear Wheel Bearing Kit from the Fierostore:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-18-2015).]

IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: I have painted the backside of the needles with white gauge paint.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Next stage is to paint the front and sides with transparent blue.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-18-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
MyTestarossa Updates: Found my engine plant...plug & play
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have sent you both a PM and email would you please respond to one of them... A simple I'm not interested would be fine
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I have sent you both a PM and email would you please respond to one of them... A simple I'm not interested would be fine

I did reply weeks ago via email and asked for more detailed pictures and other information, but never received a response....I will find the email and resend.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I didn't receive a email... I really like the detail you do to your cars and I would love to pass the Predator on to someone who could take it to a another level.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 05-18-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: We got everything disconnected and ready to drop the engine in preparation of installing the DOHC.

Of course while digging in...we found one spot with a decent amount of surface rust...but nothing that can't be cleaned up:

Already got half of it gone...I little more time with a metal brush and my OSPHRO. Once we drop the engine, I will do a through cleaning and detailing of the engine bay.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-19-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
General UPDATES: I have accumulated a complete perfect brown interior:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Blue Gauge needles completed:

Thanks JohnWPB for the write up and additional updates since the write up.

Argenta UPDATES: All surface rust removed from battery tray and it has a good coat of black Rust-o-leum on it now:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-19-2015).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those seats look really comfortable but, how ya gonna fit em' three wide in a Fiero? (Hey...if you've lost your sense of humor....you don't have anything left that's worth a crap! )

Still lovin' the builds AND coverage of them!

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 05-25-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Here are the completed gauge needles for the ReMera...I am going to utilize a needle from Sunbird gauge for the Fiero Speedometer.

I wanted all the needles to match...Fiero & Sunbird needles are a little bit different style and look.

Argenta UPDATES: I think these are the gauges I will go with on the Argenta:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-20-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by Sage:

Those seats look really comfortable but, how ya gonna fit em' three wide in a Fiero? (Hey...if you've lost your sense of humor....you don't have anything left that's worth a crap! )

Still lovin' the builds AND coverage of them!

HAGO!

Getting them to fit is only half the problem...still working out the head rest speakers
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Started cleaning up the rear calipers:

Still a little more detailing to go

And parts are starting to arrive:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-20-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MyTestarossa UPDATES: Been thinking about her interior and how I want to go on this one. This will be an exact replica of the "T" car on the outside. But I really never liked the stock interior on the "T" car.

So I decided to utilize the very nice two-tone brown interior I have collected (shown above)

And then going to have member, Alex (Irrationable) refurbish one of my stock steering wheels in Beechwood, just like this one:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Suspension parts continue to roll in...only one TRW Tie Rod End before I have everything I need.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Installed a switchable trunk light into the Argenta finally...check that off the list.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-22-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Made some progress on the exhaust.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Removed the stock engine and currently removing the cradle from the engine.

Here are some shots of the engine bay...it is unreal how clean this car is ...was always garaged...very obvious!

She has all her heat shields, all of her engine bay insulation is there and in almost perfect condition and not a part was missing.

This car came out of Ohio and it barely has surface rust...this will be more of a wash and de-greasing...more than anything.

Time to do some cleaning:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-24-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Make steady progress on getting the cradle, spindles, and control arms cleaned up.

Still quite a few hours this week to put in to get them back to where I am want them.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Order a new set of rear rotors.

and a new set of left & right brake cables:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta Updates: Not done quite yet on the exhaust..but dang doesn't part I have cleaned up look GOOD...for a 29 year old exhaust!

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Finished up the spindles.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: One last acid bath on the control arms, then I will burn out the old bushings, and hopefully by tomorrow do one last wire brushing and then Rust-o-leum!

Also making my way around the cradle eliminating any and all surface rust.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-26-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES:

Burning out the old bushings.

I also almost finished up with the exhaust.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Finish up with a few solid coats of black Rust-o-leum.

Also made it to the other side of the cradle...wow I forget every time that this is a very time consuming process to get all the rust of a cradle.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-27-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Finally made it through the cradle...dang my hands hurt!

One good solid coat of Rust-o-leum on the 1st side of the cradle.

Burning out the bushings later tonight... and then will paint a solid coat of Rust-o-leum on the other side.

Should have this wrapped up by COB tomorrow.

The BBQ is almost over...one side is just finishing up...like mine well done please!

BBQ is done and they turned out great:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-27-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Final coat of Rust-o-leum!

Working on a few odds and ends:

More parts are still rolling in...getting closer:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-29-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: New rear rotors showed up.

and my Moog rear lower ball joints:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-29-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW the 50K mark on thread views!
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

WOW the 50K mark on thread views!

If you could only find a way to get a dollar for every view!

You seem to be doing very well on your own though.

I have great respect and admiration for anybody that sets a goal, then finds a way to make it happen, especially when it involves spending wads of money and more importantly.....TIME!

I think maybe about a third of those views must be mine.....constantly checking the updates and drooling. Very thankful for somebody like yourself who shares with the rest of us.

There are/have been quite a few who raised the bar and let us all watch as it happened. Archie comes to mind, but there are many others. You are right up there with the best of them.

Keep up the good work......and letting us watch!

HAGO!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sage thanks for the kind words...glad to share

ReMera UPDATES:

Got word from Rob (Amida) the other day in regards to my last two trim pieces ..."I'll try to work them in within the week."

So hopefully soon I can back to putting the ReMera's interior back together
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES:

Lets give a CHEER for member "GOT2B GM" and his new cool custom dogbones...he is going to make one that will say "ReMera".

Which is need with her 3.4 Turbo setup.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera & Argenta UPDATES: JScott is finishing up my gauges for both.

ReMera:

excuse the old scratched up plastic cover...it was for testing only...have a clean one for the final install.

Argenta:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: The clip on battery cable ends came in and they are going to work perfectly.

Also finished up refurbishing the last of the parts....all ready to dive back into installing the DOHC engine now.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES:

Member "GOT2B GM" completed my custom "ReMera" dog-bone in his last batch...and is shipping it tomorrow:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-05-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Working on the battery relocation post and battery saver.

The bump on the box is not a poor wrap...but a reset button underneath...the wrap is there to cover-up the label...don't really want to advertise

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Argenta UPDATES: The clip on battery cable ends came in and they are going to work perfectly.

The clip on battery cable ends are JUNK!

Replacing them with the following:

and these covers:

pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The clip on battery cable ends are JUNK!

I've used them on my MGB for more than a decade. They're great. Looks like the same ones you have. What problem do you have with them?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Rob (AMIDA) finished my other trim pieces.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by pcgold:

I've used them on my MGB for more than a decade. They're great. Looks like the same ones you have. What problem do you have with them?

They clipped on to the post once really good and now went to put them back on and they slide off...wont grip tight enough anymore...maybe a decade ago they were made better than today?

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-06-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock