Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74025 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

UPDATE: Received my new striker posts...wow a difference they make on how the door seals!

So you broke the plastic off to make this striker work?
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Striker unscrews and you remove plastic and it is perfect size
and these are not Fiero stock strikers...they are for another vehicle and a larger size than the Fiero's...the latch inside the Fiero wears a little and that why it is loose....review my thread for make and model of striker.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-21-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Dang contractors didn't show up yesterday or today...even after promising they would...so hopefully they will be here tomorrow.
There is a full 2 days left to get the FieroCave finish...God...I wish they would just get it done....still need to bring in the electrician behind his slow @ss!

So I decided to push forward without the cave being completed...need to get some of this work completed.

Clutch went out on my newest Fiero...the black/silver 87GT (still un-named)..so have that in the 1st completed building torn apart.
In the middle of replacing the clutch. If the flywheel comes back from being turned in time, will get that completed tomorrow.

Barbie is off to be re-painted....this will only be her 3rd paint job in her long & healthy life...factory white (barely ever had time to even see enough sun to think about oxidizing), her custom pink & black only months after her originally being purchased in 1988 and now another re-paint of her custom pink & black colors....hope this paint job last as well as the last!

Have everything except my front bumper from Jimmy for BluDrm's exterior...still waiting to hear from Greyhound to go pick it up.

Once I have that I am only missing a few interior pieces from Mr Russ...hint, hint...and I will have everything to put her back together.

She is going to my body and paint guy in about 10 days when I pick up Barbie!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update - More progression on the FieroCave:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES:

Received photos from my paint & body guy today:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That color looks better than Mary Kay.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

That color looks better than Mary Kay.

Thanks...agreed, but remember this is Kathy's Fiero! Need a good hot pink stitching to go with that paint on her G1 dash and door panels
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Picked up my mirrors for my MERA. Had been watching them on E-Bay for over a week and was afraid someone else was going to eventually purchase them...even at the somewhat painful price:

A PAIR of TORNADO BY VITALONI
* ORIGINAL NEW OLD STOCK
* EXCLUSIVE PATENTED PROCESS
* DISTORTION FREE NON-GLARE MIRROR LENS
* ALL NECESSSARY PART FOR INSTALLATION ARE INCLUDED
* DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION INCLUDED
* FITS ALL DOMESTIC AND IMPORTED CARS
* ELECTRIC REMOTE CONTROL
* PAINTABLE
* AN EXCLUSIVE FEATURE FOUND ONLY ON VITALONI MIRRORS. UNLIKE COMMON REAR VIEW MIRRORS THE PATENTED VISUAL FILTER LENS HAS THE DISTORTION FREE NON GLARE REFLECTIVE VISUAL FILTER RESULTING IN LESS EYE STRAIN AND BETTER FIELD OF VISION FOR DAY AND NIGHT DRIVING.

And these for BluDrm:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-02-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Taping off to paint the stripes!

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good stuff !
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Barbie regains her stripes!

Still have clear coat and such to go...can't wait till tomorrows pictures
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Russ sent me picture of my modified Corvette visors for BluDrm:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-06-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

More sanding on the rest of the body:

Since we had Barbie pulled apart to paint...we tough we would address a few other issues:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

On one front...More work on Barbie today:

Also work on cleaning up my 87 GT's engine bay:
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loving the color of Barbie.....
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you really replace Koni Struts with Monroes?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Did you really replace Koni Struts with Monroes?

Jefrysuko

Sure did...when the Koni because they were completely blown out and the Monroes was my easy option at local parts store.

These are very temporary...She is going to get coil-overs, 13" brake upgrade and quite a few more upgrades in about 10 weeks when her G1 Dash comes in.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jefrysuko

Sure did...when the Koni because they were completely blown out and the Monroes was my easy option at local parts store.

You are going to get the Koni's rebuilt I hope. I haven't ever done it myself but I hear that they will rebuild them for a fraction of the initial cost.
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim,

You have a PM

W

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know where I will be going to get my paint done...

U putting the OEM style rivets back on?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NO! I hate Rivets!...any place I can replace...I will.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE:

HMMMM...I wonder what's up here?

Think Barbie is wanting to do some accessorizing!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Fiero Cave is FINALLY Complete...will have the electricians out tomorrow to install the two industrial wall heat/cooling units, plugs, switches and all the wiring.
Then next week I will have a company come out and spray insulation on the entire interior and another epoxy seal the floor.
So hopefully by a week from Saturday I will be able to finally move the Fieros and all my tools and such in...also going to throw a few big screens, fridge, and pool table

In regards to Barbie...replacing all the vacuum lines, distributor, plugs, wires, and anything else that she needs while we are dug in!
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Good! I only wish I had that amount of space.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

More Pictures of Barbie today:

Getting closer!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE:

Russ sent photo of center console door for BluDrm:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:
Even closer:

and getting parts ready for powder coating:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-13-2014).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, is your company hiring???
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LMAO...Actually Yes...you would happen to have your CCIE and 5-8 years experience...would you?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Well it looks like things turn out pretty much the way I photoshop'd them out a few months back:

Photoshop:

Reality:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE:

Almost there:

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LMAO...Actually Yes...you would happen to have your CCIE and 5-8 years experience...would you?

Ummm No. Plus the commute would be murder.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Barbie will be complete and delivered on Wednesday:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: going to get her back tomorrow

look real close...those are all reflections, no imperfections!

Had a set of the ford striker bolts put on as well while she was in:

And some new side glass:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Some last minute powder coating:

Still have some clean-up on the valve covers:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-20-2014).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE:

Some last minute powder coating:

WoW...they R hooking it up !
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Barbie is home in the FieroCave! I am very happy with the results.

Yes...lots of pictures will come soon, but it is a rainy day today...maybe tomorrow.

FYI...watch out have a wild hair again...think I am about to purchase another 88.

If I purchase this one... it will mean I have made a definitive decision to replace my two non 88s with 88s.

This is a decision I have struggled with for a long time and still not 100% sure...I put a lot of hours in on my 86GT.

If I do decide this...there is going to be a very nice 86 GT that has been fully restored and tastefully modified.

I will let everyone know what I decided soon!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock