Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My 88 Formula Interior Redesign (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Formula Interior Redesign by Sofa King
Started on: 11-09-2009 07:58 AM
Replies: 865 (61259 views)
Last post by: JohnnyBones on 03-16-2016 07:44 PM
Sharkman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simple and clean

This way the white will follow from the stereo consol over on this peace.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 05-03-2010).]

IP: Logged
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep - Greg,

Now you have to work the shift console! It looks out of place. You can do it!

Pat

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BRILLIANT! I love it!

The design works and naturally flows from the radio to the armrest. The curves on the sides of the shifter captures and creates a visual "cup or bowl" where the radio cover and shifter plate meet - it's brilliant! Of course now... I have to build it...

This is wonderful! I'll play with the overall design a little bit to incorporate the tray and the window switches. But this is a fantastic design and starting point - KUDOS!!!!!

THANK YOU!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Greg,

Check out my solution to my arm rest dilema! Simple, easy and no arm sweating on the vinyl! I love it.

Later

Pat
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GASP!

What is that? A foam pad? Quick! Easy! Genius!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just coveresd an old spare console with packing tape, layed some glass down, Trimmed to the size is wanted and covered it in headliner material. I bet there is not more than 8 bucks in that thing. I cruised the car around town all day today - 80 plus miles - 96* outside - nice and cool inside and no sticking to the console! It works great.

Pat
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King: The design works and naturally flows from the radio to the armrest. The curves on the sides of the shifter captures and creates a visual "cup or bowl" where the radio cover and shifter plate meet - it's brilliant! Of course now... I have to build it...

It would look kinda funny to have a complete custom interior, except for that stock shifter bezel sitting there like a sore thumb.

YES, you MUST build it... and post photos for us to drool over.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys,

I've been really slacking these past couple of weeks. I think I just needed a break from all the dust, sanding and overall frustration I've been having as I get closer to finishing - my mind is constantly racing to improve upon what I've done and it keeps putting me into a bind. Not to worry - I am NOT going to just stop working. I ask you just hang in there with my slackerness.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are doing the right thing. Give it a break and you will get the lust back
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. If you keep trying to slog through it, you'll probably just burn yourself out. Take a break, man. You've earned it!
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its always good to give the dust a few days to get out of your lungs. Feels nice to breathe, don't it?
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good air in - Bad air out!

P.S. I like it when you take a break - then I don't feel like I have to work so hard to try and catch up with you! You need a rest so I can rest..........

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-11-2010).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all go through it.
I too, haven`t done anything for the last few weeks.
I`m just starting to get back on my project.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But no pressure...
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been busy myself, and had not really had time to comment. Then, I come back in, and you are not doing a damn thing! Geez! (He, he, he. Get some rest the brother. You know what they say........all work and no play, will make you SofaKing angry. )
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I just have to press my head into a vice and push out the farts!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008

Originally posted by katatak:

Good air in - Bad air out!

P.S. I like it when you take a break - then I don't feel like I have to work so hard to try and catch up with you! You need a rest so I can rest..........

Well if that's the case... I have to get busy!

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick question: did you keep the insulation in while working on the center console?
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not at all. There's been no fire... so all is well. Come to think of it... I might put it back in...
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:

Not at all. There's been no fire... so all is well. Come to think of it... I might put it back in...

Alright. It'll be easy to work my way around it, I was just wondering. I finally did some fiberglass work today, and I realized I really miss the smell!!!
RUPPERT89

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUPPERT89Send a Private Message to RUPPERT89Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keep it up man! you inspired me to sign up and make this site my homepage. really interested in whats the final product is gonna look like.
PFF
System Bot
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Alright. It'll be easy to work my way around it, I was just wondering. I finally did some fiberglass work today, and I realized I really miss the smell!!!

LOL! The smell is somewhat addictive... I was going to work on the door panels this weekend but I ran into a few personal issues that sidelined me (nothing serious). I'm hoping to get back out there this weekend.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008

Originally posted by RUPPERT89:

keep it up man! you inspired me to sign up and make this site my homepage. really interested in whats the final product is gonna look like.

Thanks! I'll get back out there. The door panels are next in line. The console has been bugging the PEEPEE out of me! I'm not sure what it is but it seems to be missing something. I'll figure it out. In the meantime I'm going to focus on the door panels, headliner and other interior trim pieces.

Funny story! I took a long road trip over the weekend. The one time I needed my exclusively designed / made cupholder... I didn't have it! I actually laughed out loud!

I know I know... enough stories and get back to work!
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:
The console has been bugging the PEEPEE out of me! I'm not sure what it is but it seems to be missing something. I'll figure it out.

How about I toss this out, Too Much White? Cover up the top and sides and lower part with a black paper or something and only leave the gauge/controls/radio area white and see how that looks.

------------------

Found a Red 84 4speed, Waiting to get a house so I can re-home it
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

How about I toss this out, Too Much White? Cover up the top and sides and lower part with a black paper or something and only leave the gauge/controls/radio area white and see how that looks.

Great minds think alike! I thought about that exact thing! I'll be be doing some color tests this weekend and see what patterns looks best.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MINOR UPDATES! I'm BACK!!!! Kinda...

I got started back on the door panel and decided to try something different with the center console...

Door panels - starting to fill in with body filler and then I'll prep to cut out the "armrest" portion of the door panel

And then I decided to paint the console black to see how this looks.

Tomorrow will be full speed ahead! I'm feeling good and I got the bug again!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wahoo!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Minor Update

I'll get a better pic of the console. But here it is painted black and installed.

I think the shifter console might look better with the main plate painted gloss white. I'm still working ideas. It feels good to be back out working!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 05-23-2010).]

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008
That was quick... here are a few more. I think I like this best!

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks so good!!!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing what just changing the color can do! That looks really good Greg.
PFF
System Bot
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Guys!

It really is amazing what a simple color change will do. I'm really happy with it. I'm going to do a few more color tests with the stock grey colors as well. Next is to incorporate the tray and then work on the shifter console / plate - which should prove very interesting... I still haven't decided on the "vent lip" yet. decision decisions...
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm jumping on the project this weekend!

Color change - what do you guys think of this concept?

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it! I can't tell from the pic, but are you matching the grey to the rest of your interior?
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
see what did i tell ya that combo looks great.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better yet!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sofa King are you still sittin on your duff never get it done that way
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys,

Well... the plan was to get back to work on the center console, door panels, etc this weekend - mainly Monday - since it was a holiday. Monday morning I went to open the garage door when the tension spring shattered into 5 different pieces. I've seen them break into 2 or 3 pieces but never 5. Needless to say it was pretty freaky and the noise scared the cr@p out of me! With that, the project was put on hold... UGH...

I'll get to it this week - definately this weekend.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get bondo & glass work done on the other door panel! MORE TO COME!!!!!

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Minor Updates

Added more filler to the door panel cup holder

Painted the console light grey - but I think it needs to be the darker grey

More to Come
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock