Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-06-2010 01:28 PM
Replies: 839 (30212 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-03-2021 07:59 PM
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

lol my pops would kill me.

Why, because you have to spend more of his $?

btw wife just asked when your going to get a job
IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Why, because you have to spend more of his $?

btw wife just asked when your going to get a job

For your information i paied for the IMSA all myself i sold my green fiero and had a little money left from the eclipse to at least be able to make neil an offer on the car.

And i start my CDL traning after the summer.
Back on topic.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

Awesome car P-kid!
Great buy!!!!!

I cant wait to see this thing at some shows, im interested to see what you do with it!
Chris

I dont really have any plans for the outside except to adress what needs to be addressed. i just picked up an 84 decklid. I have to modify that to fir the wrap around spoiler and the over the roof scoop on it. the one neil put on was done up great but i want to return this car to its original state... including the sheep skin/suade seats. As far as the engine goes. Im thinking of putting in a 4.9(for now) until a get a little older and more money to throw around than i will put another SD4 in it... This will have an SD4 again someday, but for right now i just want to be able to drive it and enjoy it.. i have a pretty sweed idea for what i want to do with the engine bay as well.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Awesome car P-kid!
Great buy!!!!!

I cant wait to see this thing at some shows, im interested to see what you do with it!
Chris

Lol i think this one might be in store for one of your shortshifters as well.

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Let me know if you want all of the Dole cars decals. I can cut them all out for you.......if you want the race car look

pssssssssssssssssssss. I want em!
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol i think this one might be in store for one of your shortshifters as well.

HAHAHA!
Are you trying to single handedly keep me in business with making short shifters! LOL!
I didnt cut up the ones I got from Carlisle yet, so I can make one from those for you! Actually, if it would make you feel better, I can put a new "shaft" on your old shifter from the pickle! Just in case you miss the pickle, in a small (short) way, it will always be with you
AWDimpreza-L

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car, I think it needs to stay a duke though, or stay a 4 cyl. I second the ecotec notion.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HAHAHA!
Are you trying to single handedly keep me in business with making short shifters! LOL!
I didnt cut up the ones I got from Carlisle yet, so I can make one from those for you! Actually, if it would make you feel better, I can put a new "shaft" on your old shifter from the pickle! Just in case you miss the pickle, in a small (short) way, it will always be with you

That would be kinda nice... im going to give you a diffrent shifter than the one in the IMSa though. i kinda want to keep all the original parts with irt.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Ladies and gents id like to introduce you to my new personal friend... i call him, The Duke Extractor.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-08-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ladies and gents id like to introduce you to my new personal friend... i call him, The Duke Extractor.

I see this ending badly for you. You will probably end up suspended in the air tangled up in the cherry picker. I can see you hanging by your belt loop from it.
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I see this ending badly for you. You will probably end up suspended in the air tangled up in the cherry picker. I can see you hanging by your belt loop from it.

ROFLMAO !!!!!! it should say "Disaster" down the side....
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

ROFLMAO !!!!!! it should say "Disaster" down the side....

HI HATERS

Look what i did all by myself today without droping the cradle. And without anyones help.... hell i even did it in sandels to boot

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You work WAY to close to your other vehicles. Now its time to really kick ass and make that engine bay spotless

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-08-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You work WAY to close to your other vehicles. Now its time to really kick ass and make that engine bay spotless

Lol nothings going to happen to them.. the eclipse was supporting me with music and the 87 was just there being a hater on the IMSA as usual

And yup i intend on making it spotless.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. You pulled an engine that was disassembled. Congrats.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol ya hulki..... i can stand in my trunk

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol ya hulki..... i can stand in my trunk

You look like a trunk monkey!

17Car

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hulki, you just made my day....

PK, didn't anyone tell you they came out the bottom? Coulda saved you having to buy a lift....
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 17Car:

Hulki, you just made my day....

PK, didn't anyone tell you they came out the bottom? Coulda saved you having to buy a lift....

Nah i wanted a cherry picker... plus it really only took me a half hour to pull that out.

Tstang429

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is actually wrong with that motor?
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For your information i paied for the IMSA all myself i sold my green fiero and had a little money left from the eclipse to at least be able to make neil an offer on the car.

Wait you sold the green one? I gotta admit its getting hard to keep track!

PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a non cross flow head?
SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geeeeeeeeez, at this rate you should be at Fieroramma in Sept in Illinois with the IMSA........ cant wait!!

------------------
If I only had ONE more part it will be finished...... famous last words.....

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick. That is a rare car.....You need to pull the cradle and RESTORE everything. Dont just get it on the road. Get it clean enough to eat off any part with a fork. At least load it up on a flat bed and take it to the car wash with many cans of aircraft stripper.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Rick. That is a rare car.....You need to pull the cradle and RESTORE everything. Dont just get it on the road. Get it clean enough to eat off any part with a fork. At least load it up on a flat bed and take it to the car wash with many cans of aircraft stripper.

Lol i plan on doing that but the cradel dosent really need to come out. the engine bay isant dall that dirty at all its nothing i cant do with the cradle in it. theres no rust at all and some greese on some places but i plan on cleaning all that out Neil kept this car very nice besides for the motor and a few other things it really dosent need anything structure wise. i was going to get the cradle powdercoated black again but as stated it dosent need it at all its as close to perfect as it can get.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Is that a non cross flow head?

I'm not really sure i dont know anything about the dukes at all. all i know is it was really easy to take out.

If it is and you want it its yours... shoot me a PM by tomorrow because a couple of my friends are comming by to take the whole block for scrap.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-09-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tstang429:

what is actually wrong with that motor?

Neil said its extremeley tired and not worth even rebuilding... Also i dont think a duke will want to turn thoes huge a$$ wheels for long.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Neil said its extremeley tired and not worth even rebuilding... Also i dont think a duke will want to turn thoes huge a$$ wheels for long.

What are those.....16x9 on the rear?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What are those.....16x9 on the rear?

There some big mother ******* the tire size on them is P295/50R15 105S
I have to do somthing about them to because they lok like they do rub a little.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-09-2010).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There some big mother ******* the tire size on them is P295/50R15 105S
I have to do somthing about them to because they lok like they do rub a little.

Ah so their 15x10 probably. I had a set of those tires but they were on Lambo wheels for a kitcar I was building. When I built my IMSA, I tried them on the car and they were just too big.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah so their 15x10 probably. I had a set of those tires but they were on Lambo wheels for a kitcar I was building. When I built my IMSA, I tried them on the car and they were just too big.

Niel said they dance on the road. which really wont bother me to much as my jeep did it to im just worried about them rubbing.
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Niel said they dance on the road. which really wont bother me to much as my jeep did it to im just worried about them rubbing.

Heres the only option with that wheel size. They don't make low profile tires for 15" wheels that are that wide. If you are truly just going to keep the car for the appreciation, you can go with tires like Paul has on his IMSA. They are the Goodyear racing slicks but are not street legal (like that would stop you or me )

You can see the size is 23" tall which is smaller than the stock 15" tires that come with the Fiero. That would really finish the car nicely and look authentic.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heres the only option with that wheel size. They don't make low profile tires for 15" wheels that are that wide. If you are truly just going to keep the car for the appreciation, you can go with tires like Paul has on his IMSA. They are the Goodyear racing slicks but are not street legal (like that would stop you or me )

You can see the size is 23" tall which is smaller than the stock 15" tires that come with the Fiero. That would really finish the car nicely and look authentic.

Do you want to get rid of your dole sticker?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you want to get rid of your dole sticker?

I have to make them. You want one or some other decal?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol personaly i wouldent really care. Its not going to be allowd to get drivin enough for the popo to really even say anything (classic car insurance) not to mention a lot of the cops around here know me and i tend to get away with a few more things about my cars than others. They might be in the cards.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have to make them. You want one or some other decal?

I want them for the hood of my car LOL.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I want them for the hood of my car LOL.

Lol i think DOLT belongs there though

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol i think DOLT belongs there though

DOLE
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DOLE

Lol look up the meaning of dolt.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol look up the meaning of dolt.

I hate you....YOU NEED THOSE!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock