Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-06-2010 01:28 PM
Replies: 839 (30198 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-03-2021 07:59 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobruiser:

Jeez you never mentioned your birthday was coming up. Let's see, what can I give you for a birthday present? Hmmmm......I know, how about an '84 decklid with no luggage rack. Happy belated Birthday Rick. Bruce

Hhaha i'm going to have to bring the IMSA up there to put it on. BTW you wouldent happen to have any 85-86 duke throttle cables would you?
IP: Logged
Fierobruiser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought you were going to take those off the' 85 when we were over at Minottos. Didn't you hide them in the black trunk carpet I got?.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobruiser:

I thought you were going to take those off the' 85 when we were over at Minottos. Didn't you hide them in the black trunk carpet I got?.

Nah.. i might have to take a ride up there again. either that or take a run down to the ogers place.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got the boat anchor (old engine block) hauled off by my local scrapper.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm SoOOOOOOOOOOOOO close.. so very close... All that is going to be holding me up is a clip that holds the throttle cable to the throttle body arm...... That will be in next week

But im almost there. I'll be doing the finishing touches tomorrow.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I'm SoOOOOOOOOOOOOO close.. so very close... All that is going to be holding me up is a clip that holds the throttle cable to the throttle body arm...... That will be in next week

But im almost there. I'll be doing the finishing touches tomorrow.

Where did you order the clip from? I've been re-using a couple that I've had forever, and they're starting to look pretty tired.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

Where did you order the clip from? I've been re-using a couple that I've had forever, and they're starting to look pretty tired.

I orderd them from the fiero factory in alabama. It cost's more to ship them than the 6 of them i orderd are worth but i need them bad . i ended up paying about $15 shipping included for about 6 of them but out beloved fiero store dosent carry them

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its running? You need a youtube vid of that for us
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Its running? You need a youtube vid of that for us

This weekend i could possabley have a driving video for you guys

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Got all the small things in order.... even found me a clip today, Now all i need to do is bleed the master cylinder and the IMSA is on the road again.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a little "addition" to the car today
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I orderd them from the fiero factory in alabama. It cost's more to ship them than the 6 of them i orderd are worth but i need them bad . i ended up paying about $15 shipping included for about 6 of them but out beloved fiero store dosent carry them

I went to 8 parts stores once looking for those damn clips (when I replaced the throttle cable, the old one flew off at mach 3). Nobody could find them. Finally found one at a junkyard, the guy at the counter thought I was nuts when I told him I'd gladly pay $5 for it (got it for free!). Now I grab them whenever I find them, I think I have four.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In 12 pages, honestly I've seen a direct 2.5 to 2.5 engine swap (not quite done) and a decklid swap.

All I can say is... If you ever actually do a real engine swap into this car, your going to have the longest damn thread in Fiero.nl history.
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

In 12 pages, honestly I've seen a direct 2.5 to 2.5 engine swap (not quite done) and a decklid swap.

All I can say is... If you ever actually do a real engine swap into this car, your going to have the longest damn thread in Fiero.nl history.

lol not PK's fault he seems to have a gray cloud over his head at all times and people like to pick on him every chance they get. Tis why this thread is 12 pages.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This weekend i could possabley have a driving video for you guys

That would be so cool
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I have had so much happen in the 15 pages of my build thread it's not even funny. At least in PK's its more or less clear what is happening. My thread is all over the place, just like its owner.
chadwilkins

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-30-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chadwilkinsSend a Private Message to chadwilkinsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arizona85GT:

lol not PK's fault he seems to have a gray cloud over his head at all times and people like to pick on him every chance they get. Tis why this thread is 12 pages.

Its for sure partially his fault. this is like the "wrong way to do things" handbook
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chadwilkins:

Its for sure partially his fault. this is like the "wrong way to do things" handbook

How is it the wrong way? The engine is in it works nothing got damaged in the change out. It was done diffrentley and efficiantley with the resources i had to work with not wrong.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 10-31-2010).]

SNAPPY829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right on PK ! Methodology is overrated, if it runs and drives and looks good who cares how it got that way.......imho

------------------
If I only had ONE more part it will be finished...... famous last words.....

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How is it the wrong way? The engine is in it works nothing got damaged in the change out. It was done diffrentley and efficiantley with the resources i had to work with not wrong.

inquiring minds want to know why you needed to put the rear on compact spares to get the engine out the top?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

inquiring minds want to know why you needed to put the rear on compact spares to get the engine out the top?

for one the tires on the rear of the IMSA are some huge SOB's so the car sits up a bit higher in the back than most fieros. Than on top of that i have an undersized cherry picker than what i needed so the engine wasent going in as straight as i needed it to on the IMSA's wheels.

PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those rear tires must be really expensive to replace. How wide are they, anyway?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Those rear tires must be really expensive to replace. How wide are they, anyway?

295/50/R15 i found a set of good cheap and name brand replacement's from firestone.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
The IMSA took its 1st couple steps today still have to bleed the clutch but it is working.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I beleave i have nailed down my clutch disengagment problem. My clutch peddel and master cylinder are all kinds of screwed up so i'll be replacing them within the next few days. My dad is going i n for surgery for a while so the IMSA might be put on hold for a few days.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Ok so question for you all.

I have been toying around with this idea for a couple months. I really like my IMSA the way it is but the thought of it being better looking always crosses my mind with this. What if i vinyled up the car to look like the clay young Dole IMSA race car. I really like the idea of it (plus it would give the cops around here somthing to complain about )

Here ar some photos of the real thing

http://www.racingsportscars...n-1984-07-08-084.jpg
http://www.racingsportscars...a-1984-11-25-084.jpg
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I beleave i have nailed down my clutch disengagment problem. My clutch peddel and master cylinder are all kinds of screwed up so i'll be replacing them within the next few days. My dad is going i n for surgery for a while so the IMSA might be put on hold for a few days.

Tell Dad I said the Hulki family is praying for him and wishing for a speedy recovery. As for the IMSA, if you vinyl that car, I will punch you in the head so hard you will vomit your brain stem.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Tell Dad I said the Hulki family is praying for him and wishing for a speedy recovery. As for the IMSA, if you vinyl that car, I will punch you in the head so hard you will vomit your brain stem.

Thanks for the prayers andy..

And as for the vinyl. I wanted to do it up exactley like the clay young racer the car was made to replacate not some outlandish PK BS.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know when you want me to make the decals for you. I have an itchy trigger finger right now and it is hovering above the "begin cutting" button right now.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Let me know when you want me to make the decals for you. I have an itchy trigger finger right now and it is hovering above the "begin cutting" button right now.

I'll let ya know. I think i'm going to do it as it can always be removed at a later time. I'll be thinkin long and hard on this one.

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll let ya know. I think i'm going to do it as it can always be removed at a later time. I'll be thinkin long and hard on this one.

My view on this is, If you are going to vinyl the IMSA, do it sparingly. I don't see a problem with some vinyl, but I think the real DOLE car is just too much. Even more so for a street machine. Like if you did the DOLE (somewhere else then the rear fender area please. Maybe the hood?) and the 84 on the side, that would be great IMHO. Maybe a few small others if placed right.

Just my $0.02

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 11-03-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hulki ---From pickle to pineapple - you know he won"t be to resist going from vegatable to "fruit"

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 11-03-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Hulki ---From pickle to pineapple - you know he won"t be to resist going from vegatable to "fruit"

Lol
SNAPPY829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do it!!
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hahaha. Now that's comedy.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol get it right its fruit can
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look what aAdam (IMSA GT) hooked me up with today. I'm going to be using it on the IMSA

Thanks Adam

(pic from another thread my camra is busted )

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-05-2010).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hulki --- It's even worse than expected --- he's now copying and pasting from one of his post to another of his post -- It's kind of like the instructions on a shampoo bottle--- shampoo rinse and repeat -- there appears to be no end!!!!! Professional help maybe required
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great progress. Step by step. How's your Dad doing? He's in our thoughts
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Great progress. Step by step. How's your Dad doing? He's in our thoughts

Hes doing good. Hes a little loopy because they have him on a high pain medication but hes doing very well.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock