Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-06-2010 01:28 PM
Replies: 839 (30203 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-03-2021 07:59 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

more info please?

I'v been down there about 3 times this week because of wrong air cleaner gasket and the intake gasket. they tried to charge me more for the intake gaskey when they finaly got it right but it was all somewhat mangled and just bearley useable. So when i told them io'll take it but i'm not paying anything extra for it one of there employees snached the gasket right out of my hand putting a pretty deep cut in my finger and basicley tried to walk off without even giving me back the purchase price. This lead to that cops were called and the cop said to the owner "if i were in his posistion I would want the same thing from you" than got back in his cruiser told me to either repoer it to the BBB or small claims corurt because of the cut on my finger. I'm thinking im just going to call NAPA's HQ tomorrow and file a complaint with them.
IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by chadwilkins:

Dont you.. not have a job? how can you not have time?

Other important issues (reason why i dont have a job right now) my time isant all about my car.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 10-06-2010).]

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
I'v been down there about 3 times this week because of wrong air cleaner gasket and the intake gasket. they tried to charge me more for the intake gaskey when they finaly got it right but it was all somewhat mangled and just bearley useable. So when i told them io'll take it but i'm not paying anything extra for it one of there employees snached the gasket right out of my hand putting a pretty deep cut in my finger and basicley tried to walk off without even giving me back the purchase price. This lead to that cops were called and the cop said to the owner "if i were in his posistion I would want the same thing from you" than got back in his cruiser told me to either repoer it to the BBB or small claims corurt because of the cut on my finger. I'm thinking im just going to call NAPA's HQ tomorrow and file a complaint with them.

Make sure you take pics. Did you get an incodent # from the cop?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Make sure you take pics. Did you get an incodent # from the cop?

I got pics. The cop said he cant write up a report on it because its a lot of he said she said. i plan on at least reporting it to NAPA HQ and seeing if they can make it right before going further.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread has more self induced drama than that show, what was the name of it? Downingtown PA 19335, no wait I think I messed up the town and zip code title of that show a little. It's more like a soap opera than a build thread. Come on get back to building it when you can and post when you have progress. I was really impressed with your removing and installing an engine from the top although I don't know why you did it that way, but hey you got it done. Let's hear from you in this thread when you have progress to report. There's no rush, work on it when you can. The other stuff should go somewhere else not here if you want any chance at making the CONSTRUCTION ZONE

On second thought, I guess it's your thread, you can do what you want with it. It just makes it hard for me to read and stay interested as I really don't care about all the other garbage. You seem like an ok guy and I get the feeling you'll get the car done and won't screw it up, so have at the drama if you must. I'll just bring a shovel to plow through the trash when I check into this thread.

Good luck with the build

edited to fix spelling see post below

------------------
BLACKKER 1988 choptop v8

http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/

N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M
http://www.fierofocus.com/

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 10-07-2010).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

This thread has more self induced drama than that show, what was the name of it? Downington PA 19335, no wait I think I messed up the town and zip code title of that show a little. It's more like a soap opera than a build thread.

Close!
Downington PA 19335
Downingtown PA 19335
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

I can not believe that car had a duke in it. What a waste! Unless it was made to race 4banger classes only or something.

Really intelligent, dude.
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KurtAKX

4008 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Well thanks to NAPA AUTO PARTS OF DOWNINGTOWN PA The IMSA will most likley not be ready for lititz. My day with them has been hellish including bodily harm done to myself by one of there employes and some BS charge they threw on me because of there incompetence. I might even be filing a claim aganst them because of it. Tomorrow is another day though I'm going to work extra hard for the IMSA to be there plus autopart international (a really nice groupe of people at my local one by the way) might be comming through for me on the gasket i need where napa couldent.

Why not go to another auto parts store? How do you get the wrong gasket multiple times? Go online next time, and find the PN of what you need first, then make sure they're selling you the same or a direct crossreference to it.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grrrrrrr. I'v about had it with this wiring harness. I'm going to make a run to the yard for another one (this one has a few things changed and hacked on it and i dont feel like hunting on it) i will update this weekend.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mad a lot of leadway today. I gueuss the IMSA decided to be nice to me on my birthday. I have all the hardlines ran now its just down to aquiring a harness i have on the way tightning everything down and fillinf her with fluids and going........ cant wait

BTW I'm 23 years old as of today
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I mad a lot of leadway today. I gueuss the IMSA decided to be nice to me on my birthday. I have all the hardlines ran now its just down to aquiring a harness i have on the way tightning everything down and fillinf her with fluids and going........ cant wait

Happy Birthday old man!

And do you still have a used battery I can buy off you?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy birthday PK

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Happy Birthday old man!

And do you still have a used battery I can buy off you?

Thanks older man

Nah its not avalable anymore. i have to use it for my IMSA.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Danyel:

Happy birthday PK

Thanks a bunch Danyel
As for another update. Loach off the forum (his name will be added to the 1st page) came through for me with a 1984 damn near perfect harness. (just 2 things i need to figure out on it) I'll start the install tomorrow.

NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Birthday!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[singing] "Crappy birthday to you, crappy birthday to you, crappy birthday dear Rick-meister, crappy birthday to you! [/singing]

NOW GET THAT DAMNED THING RUNNING!

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More progress made today. The new harness is installed and all systesm seem to be in proper working order... And the wheels turned under its own power today... well sort of (i bumped the starter with the wheels off the ground) i'll give it till the end of the week till shes running.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the interior of the IMSA anything different at all, or is it just standard 84 interior?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Is the interior of the IMSA anything different at all, or is it just standard 84 interior?

Its a standered 84 interior But came with the suade and felice seats... Also fully optioned with no sunroof as well.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hekky birfdey btay ----- Just thought I'd contribute to the continuing slaughter of the english language
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

hekky birfdey btay ----- Just thought I'd contribute to the continuing slaughter of the english language

LMAO!!!!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are haters
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car catch fire yet? I mean we do realize who's working on it. You going to have a certified mechanic take a look at it?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Car catch fire yet? I mean we do realize who's working on it. You going to have a certified mechanic take a look at it?

Hey i'm not that bad of a mechanic... As for the mechanic looking at it, Yes i'm going to have my trusted if i can fix it he fixe's it mechanic over look the car to make sure everything was done right but its in there pretty solid, I'm going to the bone yard tomorrow to pick up a few lose end things and i should with any luck have the car at least running by the end of next week.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good PK! and hey, I am no more a mechanic then he is, I have made my share of no-no's on my fiero, that's for sure. And I have this really bad habit of swapping spark plug wires by mistake on every Fiero I work on..
Anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing the IMSA on carile next year, along with our three fiero's, including mine with the LQ1 swapped in.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fuel pump is priming and all systems seem normal. Its just a matter og getting the small things done now... man im so excited.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the end of the week has come and gone, is this car running
???

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Well, the end of the week has come and gone, is this car running
???
i mean next saturday. I have to check somthing, It could be because i dident hook somthing up but my check engine light does not come on when the key is cycled, i need to look into this.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The OBD system peroblem has been nailed down.. partialy because of my stupiditey. I thought i would take a break from the big stuff today and replace the bulbs behind the gauge cluster as a lot of them were out........ Turns out Neil or the owner before him removed the CEL bulb I geuss because of the SD4. I replaced the CEL bulb and turned the key and it light up bright as day. I never thought i would be so happy to see a CEL come up. Either way the car now has a working OBD system in it. Basicley all the big stuff has been nailed down. Its all odds and ends from here.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 10-25-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Ladies and getns on today 10/21/2010 at the time of 5:37 EST My 84 DGP IMSA has returned to the land of living Fiero's The engine runs smooth as silk i started it for a couple seconds and it came right to life. Now it is just down to connecting small things (fill the radiator hook up the coolent lines and shifter cables... Mabey around a days work...... And who said PK couldent do it
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ladies and getns on today 10/21/2010 at the time of 5:37 EST My 84 DGP IMSA has returned to the land of living Fiero's The engine runs smooth as silk i started it for a couple seconds and it came right to life. Now it is just down to connecting small things (fill the radiator hook up the coolent lines and shifter cables... Mabey around a days work...... And who said PK couldent do it

Congrats! I start up a duke everyday, nothing really special, but the first start up always is a great feeling.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job, Rick! Good job indeed. Make sure you look that car over well before you decide to start taking it out on the road, though!
NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats PK!
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...The engine runs smooth as silk......

Smooth as silk? Are you sure that's an Iron Duke you put in there?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

Smooth as silk? Are you sure that's an Iron Duke you put in there?

Lol well as smooth a duke can run on stale gas. Its a bit noisey though with no muffler.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 10-25-2010).]

Nazareth

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go kid..... I knew you could do it...
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well feeling like sh*t today i went and an played with it some more. I finaly fot the timing right on the distributer and the engine runs very smooth now I'm going to try and make it to the ogers house when i feel better to get a throttle cable so i can take it out for a drive.
Fierobruiser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jeez you never mentioned your birthday was coming up. Let's see, what can I give you for a birthday present? Hmmmm......I know, how about an '84 decklid with no luggage rack. Happy belated Birthday Rick. Bruce
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock