Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-06-2010 01:28 PM
Replies: 839 (30203 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-03-2021 07:59 PM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

...also the alignment issue was due to the neil when he took out the koni shocks...

What kind of neil? Neil Patrick Harris, or Neil Armstrong?

Gettin her back soon...

*Nods and smiles like he believes him*
IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

*Nods and smiles like he believes him*

Lol no the guy who owned it before me.

And this time im sure i'll be gettin it back.. while its been in there my mechanic has been finding small things that could use addressing on it and he has a bunch of work in there right now so this car has been a bit of a project for him and his minions.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see the bill for all these 'little' problems
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't wait to see the bill for all these 'little' problems

Ohh its gona be slightley up there. My dads helpin me out with some of it until i get on my feet. I just need to have it moving before i get complaints from the township.

Hes an honest guy though he wouldent hit me up for somthing i dident need.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-09-2010).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also expect many pic of the car this weekend... its going to its 1st show

and waitin and waitin .... still waitin .... hummmm first show when in 2020 ???

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
you know like a pic like this !!!

hummmm that really does look like your car there and its at a show too !!!! PK
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many times has this motor "purred" now? I can't wait to see it in 2020 when you get it back.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

How many times has this motor "purred" now? I can't wait to see it in 2020 when you get it back.

Lol i mean purr as in it dosent shutter or stall out due to bad gas..... HATER

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Danyel:

you know like a pic like this !!!

hummmm that really does look like your car there and its at a show too !!!! PK

Lol thats back in its SD4 days

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol thats back in its SD4 days

I think I asked this before but what happened to that SD4? They just don't...die! They are nearly bulletproof racing engines.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Ok, someone had to post a recent pic...

heres a cellphone pic taken 30 minutes ago

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I think I asked this before but what happened to that SD4? They just don't...die! They are nearly bulletproof racing engines.

Lol you dont know your SD4's than. theyre actuley very fragiel engines. The one that was in it seized up suposedley.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Ok Ok, someone had to post a recent pic...

heres a cellphone pic taken 30 minutes ago

That'd be her.. He should be done it today its just a matter or bleeding the clutch now.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dear Rick,

Thank you rick for helping to restore the troubled economy. And for the swimming pool.

Love,
Your Mechanic

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gotta ask. Rick is that the parking spot for that car? Out in the weather? or do you have a garage that it'll camp out in for the winter?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

I gotta ask. Rick is that the parking spot for that car? Out in the weather? or do you have a garage that it'll camp out in for the winter?

i have a garage at my house. thats at my mechanic's

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

His driveway has more cars than that!
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dear Rick,

Thank you rick for helping to restore the troubled economy. And for the swimming pool.

Love,
Your Mechanic

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

ROFLMAO - Now that's funny right there!
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol you dont know your SD4's than. theyre actuley very fragiel engines. The one that was in it seized up suposedley.

I don't believe this. I will do my research on it when i have a chance, but how can a Racing engine be fragile? I mean, I understand nothing is "bulletproof" if you don't take care of it, but one would think a engine built purposely for racing would be a fairly tough engine, even more so when it's running at 300+HP.

But in favor of your statement, I'm sure something could have happened like low oil or a bad internal part that caused its downfall.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't believe this. I will do my research on it when i have a chance, but how can a Racing engine be fragile? I mean, I understand nothing is "bulletproof" if you don't take care of it, but one would think a engine built purposely for racing would be a fairly tough engine, even more so when it's running at 300+HP.

But in favor of your statement, I'm sure something could have happened like low oil or a bad internal part that caused its downfall.

In the reaserch i have one them. there more or less one of thoes engines that you race the crap out of till it blows up. hell my IMSA only has 40K miles on it and the SD4 in it went within that time frame.

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In the reaserch i have one them. there more or less one of thoes engines that you race the crap out of till it blows up. hell my IMSA only has 40K miles on it and the SD4 in it went within that time frame.

Ah, ok, I get what your saying. 40k would be a lot for a racing engine....that has been used in racing. Lol.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah, ok, I get what your saying. 40k would be a lot for a racing engine....that has been used in racing. Lol.

My car wasent raced (i dont think). its just like the concept with ferrari's and lamborghini's. 40K miles on a ferrari is the equivilant to 100K miles on your every day car. and the SD4 from what i gather is also not a street legal engine.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-12-2010).]

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a difference between fragile and high maintenance. The SD4 is the latter, and the duke the former.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's a difference between fragile and high maintenance. The SD4 is the latter, and the duke the former.

^ This makes more sense to me, indeed the SD4 is a high maintenance engine due to several factors.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GRRRRRR I want my IMSA back.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GRRRRRR I want my IMSA back.

So go get it!!!!

DAYS IN SHOP:

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 12-12-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So go get it!!!!

DAYS IN SHOP:

lol here we go
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know the more I think about it, I think this may ONLY be a Pennsylvania thing. Having 16 pages of a "build thread" and 2 full pages of actual progress..... I believe Hulki's "Project Thunder" thread is the same way. You PA guys really know how to shoot the $hit
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

You know the more I think about it, I think this may ONLY be a Pennsylvania thing. Having 16 pages of a "build thread" and 2 full pages of actual progress..... I believe Hulki's "Project Thunder" thread is the same way. You PA guys really know how to shoot the $hit

Do I need to post another pic of his imsa in the mechanics parking lot?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Do I need to post another pic of his imsa in the mechanics parking lot?

Exactly. I would just pay the guy, finish the work myself, and get the damned thing home. Hopefully, everything turns out good when it gets returned.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exactly. I would just pay the guy, finish the work myself, and get the damned thing home. Hopefully, everything turns out good when it gets returned.

It could park in my driveway....It would be a daily driver in under 5 days.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All it needs is a clutch bleeding. I'm goin over to talk to him about it tomorrow. Beleave me im gettin tired of waiting to. This should have been finished over a week ago.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

It could park in my driveway....It would be a daily driver in under 5 days.

And blown up again within 4.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

And blown up again within 4.

I lol'ed... or hed set it on fire

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All it needs is a clutch bleeding.

That's it? Get your ass over there with a mightyvac and some DOT3. 20 minute job.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's it? Get your ass over there with a mightyvac and some DOT3. 20 minute job.

I'm about to if he dosent get it done tomorrow. i think he knows im gettin a lil peved though.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My daughter's build thread is that way because she is a socialite and is a post whore. She feels the need to respond to every single post in her thread. But it's fine with me if the thread ends up 1000 pages with 998 of them being BS. The thread is still documenting the progress of the car. Maybe PK should bring the IMSA to my house to have Angelica work on it since he can't.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My daughter's build thread is that way because she is a socialite and is a post whore. She feels the need to respond to every single post in her thread. But it's fine with me if the thread ends up 1000 pages with 998 of them being BS. The thread is still documenting the progress of the car. Maybe PK should bring the IMSA to my house to have Angelica work on it since he can't.

COUGH....hater......COUGH

Lol you wish i would bring it up there so you can try to steal it from me. dont lie.

I talked to my mechanic today after going to see my buick (that my brother wrecked) I also met phreakboy08 he towed the car to his shop. real cool guy.

My mechanic said come hell or high water i'll have the car back today.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-13-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
The IMSA is finaly home. I'm still having shifting issues with it (i think i still have air in the line) but she is fialy home i took it out around my neighborhood for a little "i have one and you dont cruise " but all in all im happy with it. still some work to be done but its gettin there.
Indiana87GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana87GTSend a Private Message to Indiana87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ROTFLMAO on that last sentence...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock