Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-06-2010 01:28 PM
Replies: 839 (30180 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-03-2021 07:59 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well on the date of 8/5//2010 I bought The_stickman2's 84 DGP IMSA. im very proud to own this car and i have no intention of changing anything about it except reparing and restoring what is needed on it. Right now the engine is a basic tired 2.5 iron duke that will be comming out within the next couple of days As of right now i want to put a caddy 4.9 into it so it will run under its own power and have a little bit of omf to it when out driving. Eventualy i plan to restore it to itsd original glory with an SD4 but for right now i just want my new baby on the road.

This thread will docment my endevor to bringing this car back to its formar glory
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Threads about the car/repairs

the day i got it
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082169.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of lateley a few members have helped me out wioth a couple nthings on the IMSA and i beleave some thanks are in order so this section will be to say thanks to all that have helped me throughout this whole project

1st would be neil. Thank you for the car i fel in love with the car a year ago when i 1st saw it and still love it as much to this day.

IMSA GT-Adam- for helping me with information on the purchase of my IMSA and for working on a really nice set of taillights for it. And for being an all around great friend to me over this forum.

Foxgap fiero-Mark Thank you for the 84 Decklid and the 85+ decklid to play around with.

Katatak For providing me with info on the 4.9 swap and offering me information as i get into the swap

fieroseverywhere- For information on the 4.9 swap

17car- For the getrag shifter cable.. i owe you big time man.
Some pics of as it sits right now

Pete 2M4- For the 84 Decklid delete plates. Thanks pete. its getting really hard to find them.

This is the extent of the body damage to it.. Stickman repaird it and did a great job on it. I'm going to find a body shop to blend it to its original color so i dont have to repaint the car as the paint job on it looks really nice

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ladies and gentleman, allow mento introduce thread number three about the same car.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 08-06-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Ladies and gentleman, allow mento introduce thread number three about the same car.

Hater. I made it hoping it will get into the construstion zone.

Today i had to pull the original engine wiring harness because the owner befor niel messed with it to install a bosh fuel injection system and insted of reparing it and putting it back in id rather just get a new one.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-06-2010).]

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure if you keep it going long enough, and don't make 20 other threads every time you do something, it will end up in the destruction err I mean construction zone... Good Luck with it
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you keep the car over 6 months I might sell you my one of a kind 1/43 scale IMSA Diorama. It would look great at he car shows.....

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thing is completley FUBR it lookes like the owner before niel went and did some splicing and other things to make it work with the bosh FI system. So if i do another duke for the time being i need a new engine wiring harness and duke.... Hulki if your daughters car dosent start one day and just happens to be missing an engine and wiring harness.... dont look my way

another thing i found interesting on this.. look how Air is directed towards the radiator.. Niel pointed this out to me

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by DL10:

If you keep the car over 6 months I might sell you my one of a kind 1/43 scale IMSA Diorama. It would look great at he car shows.....

Keep me posted on that one if you want to sell it. and trust me this IMSA is with me for life
10speeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-06-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 10speederSend a Private Message to 10speederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Howdy pontiackid,

I have a car just like that! only the color is different and I ain't got that thing on top of the deck lid stickin over the roof!!
But it has a V8 in it. The PO said that it was a "special car" maybe a twin to yours? Post what you know of these cars, I will be watching this thread closely. How big are them tires? I think mine is 265 50 on 15x9 rims
I ain't got a camera, and the neighbor kid seems not to want to take one for me. i will try to get something to show you I am not lieing about it.
Right now the chickens are hanging out on it, till I can work on it. ( it IS covered up and in the barn, not in the yard)

------------------
1985 Fiero
farm livin' is the place for me.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 10speeder:

Howdy pontiackid,

I have a car just like that! only the color is different and I ain't got that thing on top of the deck lid stickin over the roof!!
But it has a V8 in it. The PO said that it was a "special car" maybe a twin to yours? Post what you know of these cars, I will be watching this thread closely. How big are them tires? I think mine is 265 50 on 15x9 rims
I ain't got a camera, and the neighbor kid seems not to want to take one for me. i will try to get something to show you I am not lieing about it.
Right now the chickens are hanging out on it, till I can work on it. ( it IS covered up and in the barn, not in the yard)

Sure thing. PM me a couple pics of it. I'm new to the whole IMSA scene and i'll tell you what i know about it. is it an 85?
foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are coming up over the weekend I have another thing you may be interested in sitting in the garage on a cradle. Not a 4.9 but you may be interested anyway.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by foxgapfiero:

If you are coming up over the weekend I have another thing you may be interested in sitting in the garage on a cradle. Not a 4.9 but you may be interested anyway.

I might have to take a look at this . im aiming to come up maby tomorrow i'll give you a call.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats a sweet car! it looks like a street legal version of r runners car.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When its done I will race you for pinks. For all your cars. not the imsa ALL OF EM!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

When its done I will race you for pinks. For all your cars. not the imsa ALL OF EM!

VS what my eclipse?????

Please?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

VS what my eclipse?????

Please?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Teenage girls think its fast too! HAHAHAHAHAH
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rick, if you convert that to a fastback, ill hunt you down... lmao!!!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Hey Rick, if you convert that to a fastback, ill hunt you down... lmao!!!

Lol nah. its a notchie for life.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After your done butchering, ah hem, i mean tinkering & it still don't run after a few months, let me know
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

After your done butchering, ah hem, i mean tinkering & it still don't run after a few months, let me know

Lol im determened to get this onje on the road.... if i can locate a duke and a wiring harness it wont take long at all.
Lol trust me if i dont die because of this car i'm getting burried in it. like i said i bought my casket when i bought this car.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-06-2010).]

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by foxgapfiero:

Foxgap !!!! your alive !!!!!!!! good to see you on the forum, haven't seen make a post in a long time.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From Heartland Fieros website:

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

From Heartland Fieros website:

Thanks Adam. im going to read over all that as soon as i get home. Thanks a bunch dude.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty sure i have that magazine somewhere....
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more pics.. cant get enough of this car

last time it was on the road

The IMSA and my 87GT.... im geussing they dont really like eachother:mrgreen:

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know if you want all of the Dole cars decals. I can cut them all out for you.......if you want the race car look
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Let me know if you want all of the Dole cars decals. I can cut them all out for you.......if you want the race car look

This is somthing i have been thinking about doing. i will deffenetley let you know if i go that rout.

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice looking car. good luck with the build and i hope you fix her up and drive/keep it. Seems the popular vote is 10 months and back on CL but i'm on your side. If it were me, i'd hunt CL. I've seen several running 4cyl, 4 spd cars being parted out for next to nothing. grab one, yank the whole drivetrain, slap it in that and go! Ya it'd be a Duke with xxx-miles but if it's running/driving it's alive and if it's alive it way more valuable to you than one sitting in the garage waiting. TRUST ME, going way slow is way better than not going at all. I've got a 220HP 3.4 on a STAND....sure its great but I'd rather a 4 banger in the car so i could drive it
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with Neils former car. I've known Neil since the mid 1990's and he and his wife Dawn are super nice folks. Its unfortunate that a health issue has forced Neil out of the work world and car hobby. He really put lots of work into this car as that was his pride and joy. Its sad when you see nice people leave the hobby but as they say nothing is forever. Great car to have and good luck with it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Good luck with Neils former car. I've known Neil since the mid 1990's and he and his wife Dawn are super nice folks. Its unfortunate that a health issue has forced Neil out of the work world and car hobby. He really put lots of work into this car as that was his pride and joy. Its sad when you see nice people leave the hobby but as they say nothing is forever. Great car to have and good luck with it.

Ohh hes still in the car hobby but just found his passion in a diffrent car. Him and his wife have started building oldsmobiel cuttless wagons Neil's is one nasty looking one to all blacked out with blacked out wheels.. i love the look of it. i gave him my word i would take care of this car and god knows im going to after all it has been my dream fiero for a long time.

Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just officially shorted out my keyboard, from drooling.......................

Where did you come across this beauty ?

You are truly the new "Crowned Prince" of the Fiero crowd.

All together now....

All Hail the Prince....
Hip Hip Hooray (3 times)

I love it.

Marko
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marko:

All together now....

All Hail the Prince....
Hip Hip Hooray (3 times)

I love it.

Marko

PK? The Crowned Prince? More like the "Court Jester".......lol Sorry PK I could not resist! I mean after all, a PK thread would be boring without a few jabs tossed your direction.

I was roaming around the junk yard today and there are a lot of Ecotecs in there - was thinking of your new ride with each hood I opened - found a Solstice with the Turboed Ecotec - it would be nice but this was was burned to a crisp - what a shame. IMHO - as I said in another thread about this car, it needs something trick/high tech - the 4.9 just does not fit with this car. Think Truboed Ecotec - or Supercharged Ecotec - either one of these will stomp the 4.9. Again, just my opinion...... What size are the rims and tires - front and back?

Pat
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sure you don't want to do a SD4?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/1836448434.html

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 08-07-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

PK? The Crowned Prince? More like the "Court Jester".......lol Sorry PK I could not resist! I mean after all, a PK thread would be boring without a few jabs tossed your direction.

I was roaming around the junk yard today and there are a lot of Ecotecs in there - was thinking of your new ride with each hood I opened - found a Solstice with the Turboed Ecotec - it would be nice but this was was burned to a crisp - what a shame. IMHO - as I said in another thread about this car, it needs something trick/high tech - the 4.9 just does not fit with this car. Think Truboed Ecotec - or Supercharged Ecotec - either one of these will stomp the 4.9. Again, just my opinion...... What size are the rims and tires - front and back?

Pat

Lol its no problem
I'm still in the woods on the engine... somthing about this car really makes me want to put a 4.9 V8 into it. (i really want the V8 rumble out of it) I might have a couple of questions for you if i go that rout as well

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by mptighe:

You sure you don't want to do a SD4?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/1836448434.html

lol my pops would kill me.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Marko:

All together now....

All Hail the Prince....
Hip Hip Hooray (3 times)

I love it.

Marko

Lol its like said below.. im happy as the fiero forum court jester..... the cars colors match it

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...and not one pic of the front compartment or under the hood!
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always loved the IMSA look,

Back in the mid-seventies, Hot Rod magazine frequently published hand drawn concept cars by Kenny Youngblood.
Everything from El Camino's to Vega's and Chevettes.

Yours will look terrific when you finish it up right.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He doesn't want you to modify the car all crazy right, stock. Play that card the sd is what belongs in the car stock. You need to learn how to use logic and twist an opposing argument to your benefit pk.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 08-07-2010).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 08-06-2010

Can't wait for next thread ----- - I just put air in the tires!!!!! ;-)
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Awesome car P-kid!
Great buy!!!!!

I cant wait to see this thing at some shows, im interested to see what you do with it!
Chris
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock