Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-06-2010 01:28 PM
Replies: 839 (30203 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-03-2021 07:59 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm expecting to have the IMSA back tomorrow.. lol the car is sitting in my mechanic's shop up on the lift..im so excited.
IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have officialy heard it all..... My IMSA was called rice by a guy who thinks a lexus SC400 is a muscle car.
Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey mang, the SC400 is a legitimately nice car... big comfortable Japanese cruiser with one of the great non-american V8s, the 1UZ 4.0 DOHC 32-valve.

It's still not a muscle car though, and the IMSA sure ain't a ricemobile...

------------------

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

Hey mang, the SC400 is a legitimately nice car... big comfortable Japanese cruiser with one of the great non-american V8s, the 1UZ 4.0 DOHC 32-valve.

It's still not a muscle car though, and the IMSA sure ain't a ricemobile...

Lol true but this explaines the stupidity i have to deal with in the car scene in my neck of the woods

pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the car. good luck and keep up the good work.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i stopped by my buddys shop today. The car is comming along great,. tomorrow there doing the waterpump and timing it and it will be back in my posession tomorrow.

I was also told that my cars 0-60 time is going to be whenever it feels like it. one of my mechanic's minions told me the duke pushing those 295 tires is going to be suicide for it in a few yeasrs.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-26-2010).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Lol true but this explaines the stupidity i have to deal with in the car scene in my neck of the woods

Indeed. Y'know if it wasn't so sacreligious to say it aloud, I have always thought the 1UZ would make a mint powerplant for a Fiero. All alloy 4.0, makes pretty decent power and is very tunable, revs good... can take ITBs without too much effort...

Anyways, good to hear there's progress. We want all of the photos once it's mobile under its own steam again.

------------------

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i stopped by my buddys shop today. The car is comming along great,. tomorrow there doing the waterpump and timing it and it will be back in my posession tomorrow.

I was also told that my cars 0-60 time is going to be whenever it feels like it. one of my mechanic's minions told me the duke pushing those 295 tires is going to be suicide for it in a few yeasrs.

I wouldn't doubt it PK, my duke with the auto has a hard enough time moving my 195 tires!! It also includes a bonus! Belt squealing and oil dumping out! Gotta love that duke.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With any luck i will have it back tomorrow... I dunno why my mechani is dragging this out so much, theres not much left to be done.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dunno why my mechani is dragging this out so much......

Because it is like a scene from Ferris Beullers Day Off where the parking guys love the car so much that they are joy-riding all over town.
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have not figured out why you needed to take it to a mechanic!
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I still have not figured out why you needed to take it to a mechanic!

I dont really have the time to do it myself with my familys health.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Because it is like a scene from Ferris Beullers Day Off where the parking guys love the car so much that they are joy-riding all over town.

Wouldent surprise me.. hell i wouldent blame them either.

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dont really have the time to do it myself with my familys health.

I hear ya PK! As long as you are not "giving" in....... Hope things are on the upswing!

Pat

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hear ya PK! As long as you are not "giving" in....... Hope things are on the upswing!

Pat

Lol this car can push all the buttons it wants i'll never give up on it. Whats going on with the IMSA you were looking into purchasing?

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I certainly hope the family health is going in the right direction. That kind of stuff can be very difficult but it sounds like you have your priorities in the proper order. Remember, you have plenty of time to get that IMSA in shape for it's leasurely,1350 mile trip to Frazee, MN. You don't have to stress the motor/tire combination because you want to drive, just the speed limit, so people can slowly pass and admire what you're driving. Have a sign made that you can hold up as they look that tells them what they're looking at.; you know: year, make, model and that it's 1 of "X" made. Be sure to wave and smile as they take your picture. I'll bet your trip out and back will be just as much fun as the Frazee weekend!

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

I certainly hope the family health is going in the right direction. That kind of stuff can be very difficult but it sounds like you have your priorities in the proper order. Remember, you have plenty of time to get that IMSA in shape for it's leasurely,1350 mile trip to Frazee, MN. You don't have to stress the motor/tire combination because you want to drive, just the speed limit, so people can slowly pass and admire what you're driving. Have a sign made that you can hold up as they look that tells them what they're looking at.; you know: year, make, model and that it's 1 of "X" made. Be sure to wave and smile as they take your picture. I'll bet your trip out and back will be just as much fun as the Frazee weekend!

Very true.. even still im proud just to own it i really dont care how slow it is... But as of today to the state and insurance this car has been brought back to life i now have collectors insurance and regestration on the car. i cant wait.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol this car can push all the buttons it wants i'll never give up on it. Whats going on with the IMSA you were looking into purchasing?

It was not an IMSA! Guy had no clue what he had - it was an 85 Base Coupe with a home built widebody that was done a long long time ago and was done by hand - not finished and was very goofy looking. I did not even stay long enogh to take pics. I gave him Pennocks web addy and suggested that he post it for sale here - have yet to see anything from him.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was not an IMSA! Guy had no clue what he had - it was an 85 Base Coupe with a home built widebody that was done a long long time ago and was done by hand - not finished and was very goofy looking. I did not even stay long enogh to take pics. I gave him Pennocks web addy and suggested that he post it for sale here - have yet to see anything from him.

That sucks dude.. keep an eye out though.. theres some out there.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Also expect many pic of the car this weekend... its going to its 1st show
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found a very disturbing thing with my car at my mechanics tonight. its not entirley the owner (my buddy) fault as i hope he instructs his guys to check all the cars before leaving. On my way to WAWA tonight I noticed that the car was sitting in the same place it has been for the past few days. i stopped in earleyer and saw my keys were in the ignition. now it was during business hours so no big deal. on a hunch i stopped in there (1:00AM) while the shop was closed and found my dor was unlocked and my keys were still in the ignition. Now this is on a highley traveld road and the car is out in plain sight for everyone to see and its not one of thoes cars that people just walk by, Not to mention the car can be drivin at this point. I dropped the car off over a week ago for somthing that should take at most a day to do and they only have the exaust on the car. I took the keys with me and i'm going to be stopping back up tomorrow morning and having a talk with him. it pisses me off he told the the car would be inside every night.... nope. he told me it would be in good hands... i dont call leaving the keys in the ignition on a runable car over night very safe for it.. i'm really dissapointed in that shop as of right now.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just came back from talking with my mechanic. he said his guy who was suposed to close the shop last night dident check all the cars and thats the reason my keys were left in my car and he was going to rib him for it. I dident make a big stink about it as he has helped me a ton in the past and i couldent turn on him like that in clean consence. He did say i woula have my IMSA back today though
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He did say i woula have my IMSA back today though

Today is over....where the hell is the car?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Today is over....where the hell is the car?

Mechanic fell behind and i also gave hom one more thing to do on it... ill have it back tomorrow though.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
I'll tell ya this though wen i looked at it today it needs a good bath... its got PK finger prints all over it

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-02-2010).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff----for Christmas please send PK a spell check program. Thank you from all of us!
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Cliff----for Christmas please send PK a spell check program. Thank you from all of us!

I lol'd.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought by now eveyone on this forum knows I cant spell to save my life.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK ---who wrote this for PK?
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PK did- He spelled "every" wrong and left out an apostrophe. It just had fewer mistakes than usual.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

he told me it would be in good hands... i dont call leaving the keys in the ignition on a runable car over night very safe for it.. i'm really dissapointed in that shop as of right now.

If this mechanic is disappointing you, you could always take it to a mechanic on this forum by the name of PK; I heard he got "skillz"

F^&$ what you heard about Pontiackid not being able to work on a car. Also f&%$ what you heard about not being able to put an engine in through the top without breaking somthing. Also f&^* what you heard about not being able to drop the engine and transmission in as one unit PK got skillz

The whole thing is in there 100% every mount is down and on there... From here its just putting things back in place on it.

I fought the duke and the duke lost. Only thing i need to replace is the oil filter (which needs replacing anyway) and the distributor cap.

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

True, but you are improving. Not digressing. Unless when you post drunk. Then that is just good times.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IROCTAFIERO:

PK did- He spelled "every" wrong and left out an apostrophe. It just had fewer mistakes than usual.

jenerlee he smels jest aboat everiting rung. eye was empresed dat eh did sew wel !
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

Nah hes doing a good job. hes just one of thoes guys that fills his lot up at the begining of the week and its a ghost town by the end of the week. hes doing a good job though. plus its really cold up here right now
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
I'm litterley about 2 hours from getting my baby back.... That and it passed PA inspection no problem
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*more than two hours later...*
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

*more than two hours later...*

"I will definately be getting it back tomorow."
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i was so close to having the car back BUT. my mechanic took her out for a test drive and he said the alignment is severley off in the back. hopefuly its somthing small but somthing tellse me im gona be in ghr junk yard soon for a hub.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw your car sitting outside at the shop at 8:30am and 1:30pm when I went past....

I should have checked for keys
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gettin her back soon... My mechanic drained the gas tank completley and put in some new gas.... It purrs now also the alignment issue was due to the neil when he took out the koni shocks and dient put the hub back on correctley (not his fault at all). i should have the car back soon.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock