Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems by Xtreme-Doors
Started on: 02-06-2007 12:14 AM
Replies: 545
Last post by: AJ7 on 02-29-2008 12:08 AM
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

Put me on the list for a 90 degree kit shipped to 64801

PM sent to you about this
IP: Logged
Xtreme-Doors

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

SAFASTRO, I can assure you the door does not drop. We are using shocks that will hold the door in place at any height and have also tested with stronger shocks. So again the door will stay up completely on its own. As for the weight of the door, it feels very very light when lifting, and the reason for not taking my hand off while lifting is solely because I wanted smooth action while lifting, not lift, stop, lift some more. The shocks we supply with the kit will be stronger then the ones used in the video to account for the body paneling.

JimmyS, we have not determined what the pricing will be yet, having said that the pricing will roughly be in the $700 range for the Standard and the 90 Degree kit in the $900 range.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I've been down sick for a few days and haven't been by the shop. I'm eager to see my car in person. When car I pick'er up?

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Chris:

Thanks for the reply. Please put me down for a 70* set. Could you please post a picture showing the extent of the fender modification required.

Thanks
Nolan
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Look what happens! I work hard for a couple of days and almost miss out on the "deal" order!

Chris - PM - sent with order.

Is the only difference the 20 degrees in elevation. If so - I guess I'll take the 90's! (BG)

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to mention that I will be wanting a set of the 90deg's as well. I'll need the extra 20deg's to show off Norm's final product of my recontructed interior.

P.S. I'll be leaving for FL because my sister just had her 2nd son... Please hold my set until I get back.

Thanks!
Greg
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

First off we would again like to thank Jay for all of his help. We are looking to have your car ready for you as of Sunday or Monday. Also SourMug I will get some pictures for your to show what needs to be modified on the inner fender lip.

For all those interested in placing an order please contact me via PM and I will send you all the necessary information.

Also as requested here is a video displaying the amount of horizontal travel available with this kit.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to jack the thread. Chris please have you or your brother respond to my email and PM about tracking numbers. You have my phone number. I would definitely appreciate a phonecall with an update on the mx3 group buy.

Jarid Perry
www.mx-3.com

[This message has been edited by MX3GUY (edited 06-22-2007).]

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

Jarid we have responded to your email, and please note that you as the moderator of the group buy are incharge of making sure the payments are submitted on time. Tracking numbers will be provided and no other kits will be shipped until all final payments are received as we now have an extra 7 kits laying around and have not received a response from those who placed an order on this group buy. All payment instructions had been sent to you and all of the members in the group buy so there should be no problems in that regard. For future communications please PM.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I am impressed to see a vision come to reality. Thanks for posting video... I am still on the fence though. Something about the way you hold the door while opening it makes it look like you are being extra careful with the door. Will the hinge take the normal abuse that doors often take. You know how some open the door by unlatching it and simply pushing it open without supporting it? Does the hinge have stops to prevent over extending in the horizontal and vertical planes

As already stated. I am really impressed to see this product coming to life.

Keep it up!

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Thank you very much for the kind words. The kit can take the abuse, and has stops built into the kit. However we do not suggest that you just swing the door open allowing it to hit the stops at full speed. Also the reason for opening the door the way I do in that video is that without a spring built in like on the stock hinges the door is more prone to swinging open without much force, so it tends to open horizontally quite easily and smoothly. The stock spring keeps the door from swinging out to quickly.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
PFF
System Bot
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
WOW!

My son was checking out the website just now and came across these doors! VERY interested in getting the set up for him to put on his GT. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
I like them! In the video's it just seems like you are being way to careful with the doors. What happens if you swing the door open like normal? What happens if you let go of the door while it is going up?

Cory
MP5Na3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Direct Link to This Post
Is it still possible to get in on the group buy for the 70 degree doors? I also PM'ed you tonight about this. been gone for a while and didn't realize that this had come to fruition till tonight.

David
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xtreme-Doors:

Hi,

Jarid we have responded to your email, and please note that you as the moderator of the group buy are incharge of making sure the payments are submitted on time. Tracking numbers will be provided and no other kits will be shipped until all final payments are received as we now have an extra 7 kits laying around and have not received a response from those who placed an order on this group buy. All payment instructions had been sent to you and all of the members in the group buy so there should be no problems in that regard. For future communications please PM.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Hi Chris,
Still waiting on the email you said you responded to. PLEASE get me tracking numbers today so I can give the other members hope. As soon as at least ONE of our members get a working kit I have everyone else ready to pay!
Jarid Perry
www.mx-3.com

magiccowinuse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for magiccowinuseSend a Private Message to magiccowinuseDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone, my name is Kyle and i am part of the MX-3 door group buy. I am not here to get anyone worried or put down Xtreme-Doors in any way.

With that said after some payments were made for our group buy Kyle, Chris' brother, stopped talking to us all together. After countless previous communication issues. You may want to check out our now 24 page long thread and paticularly the last 5 pages (http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/...order=asc&highlight=). You guys may not have the issues with Chris as we are experiencing with Kyle, but i thought i should warn you. As for everyones concerns with the doors stability we had the same issues the first kit was designed with the door panel and speaker off, so when we installed them the shocks couldn't withstand the extra weight.

I know, Chris, you will say PM you with this information but you guys NEVER answer our PM's you only answer if something is being said publicly. You can say what ever you want, I paid and i've waited with no communication. I received a kit about 3 weeks ago but to this day still haven't received the shocks which according to Kyle shipped out in the same few days. I shipped back the arms for a "revised" set but they were sent back because none of you guys accepted the delivery or were not available. I have no way to reach your brother and it has been at least 2 weeks since he even posted any update on our forum. We were promised our kits (for those who paid) were shipped out monday but no tracking number or confirmation that they ever were as nobody has had contact from Xtreme-Doors since. I will PM you my phone number, I expect a call from someone there by monday at the latest.

For everyone in the Fiero group buy just be aware of the service we have received, and read the pages of buy. Good luck to you guys and I hope everything works out a lot smoother for all of you.

[This message has been edited by magiccowinuse (edited 06-23-2007).]

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Thanks for the great response and I PM'd everyone back if I missed you just let me know.

Jarid you say that all it will take for the remaining members to pay is to have a reputable member of the MX3 community to post saying they have received their kit and it works great. Please note the post from MX3Extreme on page 22, that I think is what you are looking for, and yet members still have not paid.

Kyle I can understand your frustration but please note that the shocks even if delivered to you do you no good at this point as your revised arms have not arrived at your location. We were not at the shop and talked to UPS to hold them at there London location until they could be picked up, why they were returned to you is beyond me, never the less we have sent complete new arms not just modified yours. Also I have responded to every PM I have received so please do not accuse me of doing otherwise. Please also note that as a group buy everyone is suppose to pay on time and all kits ship when all payments have been received because inorder for the MX3 Community to receive the discount we need everyone to pay. Also I think it is important to note that the only person that received the kit with the shock underpowered was the Moderator who was testing the kit to advise us of any changes, and he did leave the door in the up position overnight and it did stayed up however we did still revise the shock power.

I will be posting video of the door being raised with the outer and inner door panel on to remove any doubt. Any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post

Xtreme-Doors

85 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Hi All,

Also Cory, the door can be swung open but the door is no longer spring loaded like a stock hinge so the door will open at a much faster rate if swung open. Also if you let the door go when raising it vertical it will hold its position and not drop. The horizontal adjustment is set so that your doors will not flop out when in the raised position and the pinch point will hold the door as well.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

[This message has been edited by Xtreme-Doors (edited 06-23-2007).]

dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
My next question is a 2 step question.

1. You said that the stops are adjustable to limit the horizontal travel to any desired point before you lift vertically.
How easy is this adjustment...and can it be changed easily after the kit is installed...and with all panels in place?

2. If this is an easy adjustment...can you post a video of the doors opening and closing (with someone getting in/out of the car) ...with the stops set at the closest possible setting...where the door just opens far enough to clear the other panels and/or latch mechanism?

Thanks Chris.

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Shoot, I was hoping to see the door do some neat lifting, maybe I missed a video somewhere- I'll have to look through the thread some more. Why am I posting? Just wondering if anyone here actually opens their door like this?

Since I replaced my door pins and roller (from Rodney), which by the way was much easier than I thought it would be, I only open my door like this when I'm parked next to a Lexus...
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
F-I-E-R-O....the videos are about mid page on page 8.
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:
F-I-E-R-O....the videos are about mid page on page 8.

DOH! Wow, very cool!
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! I am getting anxious to have my car back and see the doors! Please call me tomorrow with an update on how things are.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 06-24-2007).]

MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post

Jarid you say that all it will take for the remaining members to pay is to have a reputable member of the MX3 community to post saying they have received their kit and it works great. Please note the post from MX3Extreme on page 22, that I think is what you are looking for, and yet members still have not paid.

MX3Extreme was not part of our group buy. And he had to send UPS to your shop to pick up the hinges. Having said that, I will be calling everyone in the group buy as soon as I get tracking numbers.

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Jarid firstly one of the members in the group buy said it themselves that they just wanted a reputable member of the community to get a kit and report on it. With that being said this post is for the Fiero Community, I am not running the MX3 group buy and we now have someone responding on your forum to answer questions so lets please keep this on topic.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
My daughter and I dropped by the shop tonight to see my car, and again I am impressed. Due to their schedule, and multiple projects, they need 2 more days as they had to remove and remount my left door to make it line up properly.

I felt the door and raised it. Nice and smooth. I also pushed it to bottom and it is nice and firm. Chris's cautious handling of the doors in the videos was simply to show how smooth it was, but rest assured, things feel very sturdy. The strut appears to be very heavy duty.

Once al is said and done, I will be looking at purchasing some seats and other goodies from these guys as well.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Are these ready for sale? If not, when will they be?
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero_silva:

Are these ready for sale? If not, when will they be?

Snip...

For all those interested in placing an order please contact me via PM and I will send you all the necessary information.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 06-27-2007).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002
So... Has anyone actually ordered a set yet?

Nolan
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
I have ordered one of the 90 degree kits.
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
PMd yesterday. Havn't heard back yet...

Tried calling the phone number listed on the web site but it is out of service.
PFF
System Bot
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I know they have a Honda in their shop that needs to get out this week to a dealership, and they are trying to get my car finished up, so their time has been occupied. As for the website, Chris needs to update it with the new shop info.

Hold tight. He usually responds to my PM's in a day or 2.
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

I know they have a Honda in their shop that needs to get out this week to a dealership, and they are trying to get my car finished up, so their time has been occupied. As for the website, Chris needs to update it with the new shop info.

Hold tight. He usually responds to my PM's in a day or 2.

They emailed me back today. If I don't buy a car this weekend, or at auction on Wednesday I'll probably be ordering my kit next week
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
OK Guys. Not to be negative, but I still don't have my car back. You fellows who are sending orders, haven't seen a finished product yet or given me a chance to put the doors through their paces.

These guys know their stuff and I am not anticipating any problems, but I just wanted to remind everyone.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

OK Guys. Not to be negative, but I still don't have my car back. You fellows who are sending orders, haven't seen a finished product yet or given me a chance to put the doors through their paces.

These guys know their stuff and I am not anticipating any problems, but I just wanted to remind everyone.

I am waiting to place my order till someone installs a set themselves and gives some feedback. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated as to their function but I wanna hear from someone who installs them themself to hear if all goes well.

Thanks for the update.

Edit to add...I am also a little leary cause 2 people have asked to see pics of the fender cutting that needs to be done but no pics have been posted.
------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com

VIAGRA - Strong enough for a man but made for a woman

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 06-29-2007).]

PontiacJ829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

I am waiting to place my order till someone installs a set themselves and gives some feedback. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated as to their function but I wanna hear from someone who installs them themself to hear if all goes well.

Thanks for the update.

Edit to add...I am also a little leary cause 2 people have asked to see pics of the fender cutting that needs to be done but no pics have been posted.

Same reason why I haven't ordered, $500 is a lot of money... to me at least.

[This message has been edited by PontiacJ829 (edited 06-29-2007).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I must confess that this isn't giving me the warm fuzzy feelings that I want to have before I send them $500 either. The MX3 purchase thread doesn't exactly inspire confidence either.

Chris: If I may offer some advice. There's quite a few people here who will purchase this kit if you show yourselves to be reliable and the kit to be everything that you are claiming. If you want to be successful at this you need to communicate and demonstrate that your company is solidly committed to offering this community the service that we need and a product that is solid. Your lack of regular communication implies that you are not particularly concerned with service only the bottom line.

I for one would like this kit but I will not commit until all the questions have been answered and review of the product has been made.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 06-29-2007).]

caseyret

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for caseyretSend a Private Message to caseyretDirect Link to This Post
Eloquently stated Nolan. I am ready to purchase as well but am left leary. Not to burn Chris and Extreme Doors but just need some concerns diffused prior to purchase. In reviewing the videos and pictures that are available, I am inclined to believe they are a solid product, just need questions/concerns addressed. I think the community will stand behind you Chris if you put your efforts back into the community.

Looking for positive outcomes...

Brett
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Thanks for the update.

The back edge of the fender has a lip that goes IN towards the frame of the car. This lip needs to be trimmed a tiny bit to allow the hinge to come out. I know what he is talking about and what needs to be trimmed. Otherwise, the hinge will hit the fender lip inside edge as you swing out and raise the door.

The edge is only there for stiffener on the back edge of the fender. In all honesty, it is probably not needed. On top of that, the edge that needs to be trimmed is not even visible when the door is shut, and only visible when the door is open and vertical.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 06-29-2007).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
On top of that, the edge that needs to be trimmed is not even visible when the door is shut, and only visible when the door is open and vertical.

Well considering the doors would more than likely be up at a show, I would like a pic of that area with the doors up. If it can be made to look nice then it's no big deal but if it looks like it was butchered up just to make it work then that would be a problem.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock