Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems by Xtreme-Doors
Started on: 02-06-2007 12:14 AM
Replies: 545
Last post by: AJ7 on 02-29-2008 12:08 AM
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
If you idiot-proof the design where I can install it my my garage... I'll buy a set.

Greg

------------------

IP: Logged
1BadGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1BadGTSend a Private Message to 1BadGTDirect Link to This Post
After 7 pages of reading I was hoping for some pictures!

This is definitely something I'd be interested in if it truly is idiot proof. I'll be watching intently
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMDirect Link to This Post
im also interested after I know a few people have tried the kit out. keep up the good work!
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xtreme-Doors:

Hi TwoCoda,

I will do this, setup a time for atleast once a week, to get onto the forum to post any updates, pictures, or anything of useful information regarding the product to be made. If I can not make it to the computer I'd be glad to give you a call and have you post the updates as well. Thanks for the offer.

LOL no need for you to be our telephone repair man, do not need anything repaired, need rogers to show up and get the connection done. And again thanks for the offer.

We would be more then happy to have you stop by the shop once the product is complete and answer any questions that you might have regarding it. As for the remark "or anything at all" absolutely not a testosterone related remark. It was meant to be exactly how it sounds, if you wanted to swing by the shop and just shoot the breeze about anything going on, does not have to be Vertical Door related, then by all means, enjoy talking to anyone that wants to swing by.

As for advertising the product on the MX3 Forum, there is no need as this kit was created for an MX3 Forum, and made for a group buy that was setup by one of their members. However, of course we still will advertise the product to those that were not in on the group buy, but the MX3 community has a pretty good understanding on how things are going.We also have a kit going to a member on the forum for them to do the first test for the community (so as to be non biased), as well as a kit going to a very well known car builder in Canada.

Also here is the video with the fender in place.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Im a guy in the MX3 group buy. We are still waiting for the first kit to be shipped to our moderator for evaluation. He was told it shipped back on the 7th and still have not received it or a tracking number. Just figured if the MX3 was mentioned here I would give my two cents. I will let him know about this message board.

[This message has been edited by MX3GUY (edited 04-26-2007).]

MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post

MX3GUY

43 posts
Member since Apr 2007

The MX-3 kit took alittle longer to develop then we had planned, but that is done with now. And its time to move on to the next project. We are simply trying to offer a product, have taken no money, and have been delayed, and I appologize for that.

We still have no members with their kits in hand, none of the kits are welded together, and no contact from Xtreme since Tuesday..Three PM's and two phonecalls later.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2007 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

If you idiot-proof the design where I can install it my my garage... I'll buy a set.

Greg

Wont ever happen !!!...........The world keeps building better idiots. ;-)

MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
Just noticed that all the numbers for xtreme have been disconnected. What gives? anyone know?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MX3GUY:

Just noticed that all the numbers for xtreme have been disconnected. What gives? anyone know?

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Firstly we have been gone all week and have not had the opportunity to post. Secondly, we have not received any money but the initial deposits for the products, and stated that they will not ship until they are paid for (makes sense). Also might I point out that the test kit that the moderator will be receiving is free of charge and a tracking number has been provided, and we are currently talking with the moderator that you speak of right now. But looking at your profile you would know all of this information already as you are indeed the moderator from the MX-3 Group Buy.

You state that no one has a kit, and that none have been welded, but please explain to me why you have a member or your site stating that he has indeed received his kit as he came to the shop and picked it up. He even stated seeing other kits welded and the parts being at our shop.

We experienced delays in the design process and explained why that was. We have tried to work with you on this but again I did not want to bring up the issues we had experienced from you about receiving the money so that work could begin, you had the money for over 2 weeks before we received it, and that was time when work could have been done, and we also received the blame for this delay.

The phones are down yes, and we are switching providers for our phone service as we have found a better deal so that is why the phones are not currently up, yes an inconvience, but if you come to the shop or shoot me an email you will still receive a response.

Thanks
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Just want to update everyone and let you all know parts will be finished as of Thursday and should have the kit completed and ready for the beginning of next week. I will post pictures of the kit once parts are finished.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Schweet I for one cant wait to see the pics.
PFF
System Bot
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the update Chris

------------------
It isnt re-creation....its recreation!!!!

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to post and let everyone know that the parts are ready!! All that is needed now is to have them TIG welded up and they'll be ready for action. We are hoping to have them welded up and ready for Thursday or Friday of next week. I have provided some pics below to show exactly what the kits will look like.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
nitrous nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitrous nutSend a Private Message to nitrous nutDirect Link to This Post
so how much is a kit for a fiero and does this mean there ready for sale
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Chris those look great. I just might have to put off my fastback conversion and get some of those.
Mike
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Hi All,

Just wanted to post and let everyone know that the parts are ready!!
Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Wow! That looks better than I anticipated. If the fit and finish on the final product are as good, you might have a winner on your hands.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hi Chris. I know I have been out of touch this week as well. I am transitioning to a new job, so between that and settling the car insurance issue after the accident, I've been offline a lot. Please let me know when we can tag up. I actually need to ask you about some welding stuff. I'll PM my cell #

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2007 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
bump because im not ashamed to anymore !!!!!

------------------
It isnt re-creation....its recreation!!!!

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hey All,

Parts are off being welded and should have them back very soon. From there we will be hoping to perform an install for Jay and get some pictures up. Sorry for the lack of correspondance over that past week, but just wanted to update everyone. Jay sorry I didnt get your message till today I'll give you a shout and we'll set something up.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
PhantomMs1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhantomMs1Click Here to visit PhantomMs1's HomePageSend a Private Message to PhantomMs1Direct Link to This Post
They look amazing. Do we know the price yet for a finished kit?
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good Chris. I sent you a PM. I have some of the panels off the car now, if you want to drop by and take a look at things.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

PFF
System Bot
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

The pricing for the kit will be between $500 and $600.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
hmmmm engine swap or doors.... !!!!!! I cant decide?!!

------------------

yellowdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowdogSend a Private Message to yellowdogDirect Link to This Post
Any ideas of how much an install would run if you're not doing it yourself?
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Pics - let's see some pics! Please!!
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post
Chris,

All is looking great. Like all, waiting to see photos of the finished product installed.

Great work. Any idea when they will be ready for production and sale?

Mike
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hey,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the kit is welded and ready to be test fitted. We are working with Jay to get something set up so he can come in and we'll get this all installed and tested and see if any final adjustments or mods need to be made. If all goes well then these kits will be ready for production right away, and will be for sale then too. Anyways here are the pics of the kit welded up and ready to go (its missing the lower pivotal point block in these pictures).

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
This is looking great! I sure hope someone in the SOFA area has it intalled by the time PBJ has his BBQ - June 3rd....

Would love to see it in person!

Dave
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Gorgeous. I'm up for a kit as soon as they're for sale if the fitting works out ok.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
They look great!
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hi Guys. I dropped my car off tonight for the hinge fitting and install. I'll find out tomorrow how things went. I am very excited about this.

There were also some other cars and owners there that I recognized from a local club. I didn't realize these were Chris's hinges, but they are and they look great too. There was a Sunfire and a Cavalier.

Chris and his brother a good couple of felllows and he was good enough to give me a ride home. The parts look great and they have made some design changes over some of the other hinges we've all seem.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
This is good news for all and I hope they work.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post
Chris,
The photos of the hinges look great. Hoping to see photos of the hinges installed and feedback on the test fit.

Eclipse.
Thanks for the update and feedback.

Can't hardly wait for these to go into production.

Sign me up..........

Mike
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chris - I know this is a long shot - but I'm towing Gene's Fiero to PBJ's palce on Saturday and then taking another Fiero to Sarnia. Nutin else to do with my time?!

Anyway I checked your web site and tried the phone - the number on your web site is not in service. Are you open or working in your shop on Leathorne tomorrow?

Wouldn't mind dropping by to check out your place. I also have a few questions about the hinges.

Dave

If you get this in time can you all me at 647-272-8727?
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to get my set.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-18-2007 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I swung by Chris's shop today and there is a notice on the door with phone and e-mail, stating the business is open by appointment only, and most appointents can be arranged same day. Finally we got got the boy to communicate. .

Being the 2-4 weekend, I know if I was Chris I wouldn't be picking up a phone until Tuesday. In fact, I did a little telling a customer "not a chance in hell" around 4:30 this aft myself.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hi All. I was at the shop tonight and picked up my car to work on it over the weekend (fixing my bumper after the accident). The trial fitting went well. They took the hinges off again to make a final change, and I will be having he final install next week.

Kudos to Chris and Kyle. They worked on it until 5 am last night. I saw some photos of my car withthe hinges, and it was SWEET! I hope Chris is able to post these, or perhaps we'll keep you in suspense :}
------------------
Jay Brintnell

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 05-19-2007).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-18-2007 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
"(fixing my bunder after the accident)"

Um, Jay??--exactly what part is a "bunder" ?

(sorry, couldnt resist. )
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
hey mouthy, keep it up and I'll show you my bunder! lol...

Thanks for pointing that out. :}

------------------
Jay Brintnell

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2007 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
No, I'd rather not see your bunder.

ROTFLMAO.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock