Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems (Page 13)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems by Xtreme-Doors
Started on: 02-06-2007 12:14 AM
Replies: 545
Last post by: AJ7 on 02-29-2008 12:08 AM
twocoda

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
where is the link to new thread??

------------------
It isnt re-creation....its recreation!!!!

IP: Logged
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
What don't PFF members understand about leaving this thread alone?!

Originally posted by DrCPU:

This is my two cents.

Unlike Jay - I paid $600 for 90 degree hinges and paid them $300 to do the install. I sent the money by paypal and was able to make an appointment to get the work done. I left the car with them for a week and picked it up the next Sunday.

They neglected to tell me they just had a break-in. Had I known that I would have asked for money back and loaded the car on the trailer. I also left my trailer outside their shop for the week. I had asked them if it was safe and they said no problems or issues (the first of many lies). Two tires on the trailer were slashed during the week. Again, if they told me about their trouble I would have never left the trailer at their location.

When I picked up the car Chris and his brother said nothing about the fact they put on 70 degree doors instead of the 90's I'd ordered and paid money up front with. I compared my doors to Jay's last Saturday and they are exactly the same as his 70's. They also tried to hide the fact that when the doors opened they popped off the bumper guard trim just in front of the door. The doors closed well - but both doors were sticking out about 2.5mm at the front ( and have a corresponding gap in the door seal in that area). I pointed this out and they said they could fix it. I would come back in the next week or two for a final fitting. When I got home later that day I noticed my driver door lock would not function with the window up. I also had a full appreciation for how both of "the boys" hid their flaws of the install - not to mention the scratch they put in my clear - on the fender - on the driver side front fender. I had asked for an invoice and they promised to get me one. They also promised to get a spacer fabbed to replace the 8-10 washers used to space out the door stops.

I came back two weeks later and they fixed the driver door lock problem - and made a small adjustment for the driver side guide post. I asked again for the invoice and Chris promised the machined spacers would be available in a week - two at worse. It's been over a month and nada - zilch - nothing.

I spoke to them about how important it is to return calls and email. I also gave them contact info ofr Jay and the MX3 guy. I told them both really wanted to talk to them. Chris promised me he would get my invoice and gave me his home phone number. He also promised he'd return any calls I made in less than 24 hrs. I've made two such calls with no returns in a month. His girlfriend answers - and I know he's there because I can here him in the background. I was born during the day - just not yesterday.

As it stands, the struts are week. They need to be able to handle about 10lbs more weight. The fit isn't perfect (at the front) and if I adjust the door mount bolts to move the door in I only make the issue about the front of the door hitting the fender worse when opening the door. They need to modify their design a little - plain and simple.

So as it stands -
They charged me $100 more than the 70's for the 70's and told me they were 90's. You - dear reader - figure it out. Call it theft, deceit or fraud - you pick it.
They owe me for two slashed trailer tires ($180).
They owe me an invoice.
They owe me four spacers and replacement machined parts for the two lower door guides - with ball joint ends - not a screw head as is currently in the setup.
You should know that your paypal payment gets redirected to another email address. I have the details and might supply this information to the Province and Feds to do some research on their not collecting Provincial and Federal taxes, or declaring income. Could be some interesting explaining for them to do with an audit through Revenue Canada. I have many goverment contacts - so it's only a call away.

One PFF member asked me to purchase a set for them - and even a call to them with another order does not get returned. If you do order from them - you better hope you get all your parts and that they function. If their track record with Jay and I is any indication - you will be out of luck getting replacement parts.

On the whole the design is very close to being a true bolt on. It such a darned shame these guys are so clueless on custome service - even at the most rudementary level (pun intended). With these guys in charge you'd be better off calling for Moe, Larry and Shemp (No Curly) and asking them to build you a spaceship. You'd be at least more likely to get them to return your call or email.

Unless you are a glutton for punishment - and don't mind a product that isn't exactly right - then grab the Bromo Seltzer and say bye-bye to your money. As far as I know - the 90's are a figment of their imaginations. Either that or they did not install my hinges correctly - either way it's bad. Save yourself the $100 and order the 70's. You can always delude yourself later by saying they are 90's if you squint and tilt your head about 20 degrees.

Buyer be VERY VERY aware and weary.

Not a happy camper.

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Wow, this is a bummer.

Sorry to hear about all the pain this is causing.

Archie

Me, too. These sound like they fit exactly like the ones I had on my old (now wiccantoy's) purple V8. The front of the doors were out just a bit and the trim piece touches as the door opens. It seems that this quality has been done before...

Luckily, I bet wiccantoy can fix his. He has the skill...
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
“What don't PFF members understand about leaving this thread alone?!”

Excuse me if I’m wrong this is an open forum to discussion of the matters at hand and for the purpose of educating other PFF members ( be it good/bad) and the way I see it …if you would like this thread locked down so no one can discuss the happenings that have transpired in here petition a moderator or Cliff to have it done so or as I asked “where is the link to new thread??”

I understand your frustrations completely Dave and truly wish that this did not play out the way it did with negative results. Just like you, (myself as well as others I,m sure) still have lots to say especially if Chris should do us the honor of stepping up to the plate and doing whats right by you and Jay. From reading through all of your build thread of Taz and your posts in this thread it is apparent that you are a man of detailed explanation and intelligence and it makes me wonder if you were even the writer of such a demanding statement. “What don't PFF members understand about leaving this thread alone?!”

“Unlike Jay - I paid $600 for 90 degree hinges and paid them $300 to do the install”

I’m thinking Jay has paid a pretty hefty price as well possibly more in the aggravation of his entire dealings with these clowns only to have his pride and joy in worse shape then yours.

Further more I believe this thread should continue as it is ..for the PFF members to add their thoughts as they see fit. If this thread falls off the radar into archives then the new or possibly existing members seeking reference to getting or dealing with Extreme Doors will have not just one or two opinions of PFF members but an entire forums opinion as well as the links to other forums to make their well educated decision to deal with these guys .Keep in mind every new entry to this thread bumps it up to the top of the list as a WARNING to those that have the patience to read it all!!!!

Jay and Dave I truly hope this gets resolved quickly.

PFF members – this rant is by no means directed to anyone!! It is merely out of frustration of all the sh8t Extreme Doors has put upon us.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Are there any additional victims?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
As for the 70 degree versus 90 degree, everyone should understand that the Decah/VDI is a 90 degree hinge...it's the configuration of the Fiero door and fender that limits it's range of motion to something less.

Just because a universal hinge has a 90 degree range of motion doesn't mean the final product as installed will give you a 90 degree opening door.
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
jscott-just for clarification..are you saying the best possible acheivable travel on a fiero is 70 degrees regardless of the hinges capabilities? If so i suppose when this application does get perfected we should all save the extra money of 90s and only purchase 70s
madcurl- what degree of travel have you aquired on your units?

------------------

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twocoda:

jscott-just for clarification..are you saying the best possible acheivable travel on a fiero is 70 degrees regardless of the hinges capabilities? If so i suppose when this application does get perfected we should all save the extra money of 90s and only purchase 70s

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's impossible to get 90 degrees from this design, but there is only so much real estate to work with. All the hinges of this general design have the same limitations and it's the Fiero that's the limiting factor not the hinge.

At some point as the door is going up the door is going to bang into the fender. The only way to acheive 90 degrees would be to have a bigger hinge with more "swing" to it. But the Vertical hinge is already intruding on the wheel well so there is not much room to make a bigger hinge.

From what I can tell the Extreme Door hinge is the same basic design as the Decah/VDI and I doubt they can achieve 90 degrees on a Fiero.

The only hinges I've seen that can get closer to 90 degrees on the Fiero are the GT Factory hinge http://www.aerokits.net/DiabloHinge/gtf.htm

and if you want 180 degrees go with the Voodoo type hinge http://www.vududoors.com

I would say save your money and don't pay extra for a 90 degree hinge (if one even exists) if it looks like a Decah/VDI design.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-18-2007).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twocoda:

“What don't PFF members understand about leaving this thread alone?!”

Excuse me if I’m wrong this is an open forum to discussion of the matters at hand and for the purpose of educating other PFF members ( be it good/bad) and the way I see it …if you would like this thread locked down so no one can discuss the happenings that have transpired in here petition a moderator or Cliff to have it done so or as I asked “where is the link to new thread??”

I understand your frustrations completely Dave and truly wish that this did not play out the way it did with negative results. Just like you, (myself as well as others I,m sure) still have lots to say especially if Chris should do us the honor of stepping up to the plate and doing whats right by you and Jay. From reading through all of your build thread of Taz and your posts in this thread it is apparent that you are a man of detailed explanation and intelligence and it makes me wonder if you were even the writer of such a demanding statement. “What don't PFF members understand about leaving this thread alone?!”

“Unlike Jay - I paid $600 for 90 degree hinges and paid them $300 to do the install”

I’m thinking Jay has paid a pretty hefty price as well possibly more in the aggravation of his entire dealings with these clowns only to have his pride and joy in worse shape then yours.

Further more I believe this thread should continue as it is ..for the PFF members to add their thoughts as they see fit. If this thread falls off the radar into archives then the new or possibly existing members seeking reference to getting or dealing with Extreme Doors will have not just one or two opinions of PFF members but an entire forums opinion as well as the links to other forums to make their well educated decision to deal with these guys .Keep in mind every new entry to this thread bumps it up to the top of the list as a WARNING to those that have the patience to read it all!!!!

Jay and Dave I truly hope this gets resolved quickly.

PFF members – this rant is by no means directed to anyone!! It is merely out of frustration of all the sh8t Extreme Doors has put upon us.

Twocoda,

Everyone is certainly free to do what they want on this forum. I have no "special" status.

Jay and I have been "had". We have tried to warn others in the PFF forum about Xtreme-doors. The best thing to do to warn others is to leave the last results by having our expriences at the end of the thread. Jay has certainly paid more dearly than I. We both "own" this thread- that's why I kind of expected others would understand.

I'm sorry you don't understand this. Go ahead and post away.

I've done my part to try and warn others. I value this forum and head many a warning.

Dave
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

707 posts
Member since Jan 2004
One final post from me on this.

There is no resolving the problems with Xtreme doors as they have not posted nor returned calls or email. It's time to get over the loss and just scratch it up to a loss. I truly feel bad for Jay. If anything, Jay and I are communicating on a semi regular basis. WHo knows, maybe we'll actually take the design of the hinges we have and finish them the way they should have been done. Everyone else here would win - and we'd get some satisfaction out of it as well.

Dave
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

I for one am certainly happy with everyones hopefully honest feedback on the subject. I was more than prepared to expend the money to purchase a set of these hinges when I returned to the states. Because of the feedback from DrCPU and others I'm holding off until a better mouse trap is developed.

Thanks all for the feedback and information.

PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
[hijack]

FYI If anyone's interested in a (non-running) Fiero that has the Decah doors installed already, I'm sellin' mine over in the Mall.

Other then the engine, the car's in good shape.

[/hijack]

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 08-20-2007).]

advancedwiringsystem

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for advancedwiringsystemSend a Private Message to advancedwiringsystemDirect Link to This Post
has anyone tried these ?
http://www.streetracinggall...s-Free-Shipping.html

They say direct bolt on...
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by advancedwiringsystem:

has anyone tried these ?
http://www.streetracinggall...s-Free-Shipping.html

They say direct bolt on...

I emailed them and below is the response that I received almost immediatly (at least their responses are quick...not sure about their products) :

Hi Tim,

Thanks for contacting us, we will do our best to help you. Our goal is
customer satisfaction through quality products and reliable service. We are
always looking to improve our service and keep our prices competitive.
Please check out our Customer Testimonials at:

http://auto-parts-avenue.co...estic-parts-catalog/
customer_testimonials.php

If the above link is not clickable, please copy the link and paste it into
your browser address bar. Thanks!

The Direct Bolt-On kit for Fiero is not in stock. We offer Universal Kits
with advanced universal design that can be modified to fit that application.
The Universal Kits that I introduce to you can convert the door to go up 90
or 130 degrees vertically, all 130 degree kits are fully adjustable. The two
front doors can be converted to go up 60 to 130 degrees vertically. That
means, you can use the 130 degree kits to convert the door to go up 90
degrees vertically as well.

Please note that there's no Direct Bolt-On kit (except for Corvette) that
can convert the door to go up 90 degrees or 130 degrees vertically. Only
universal kit can convert the door to go up 90 degrees or 130 degrees
vertically as of now. Be careful of certain companies that claim to offer
"bolt-on 90 degree door conversion kits." Some so-called "bolt-on 90 degree
door conversion kits" are actually universal kits, drilling is required for
some " bolt-on 90 degree door conversion kits."

We stand behind our products and our service. The good thing about dealing
directly with us is that you get what you pay for. We strive to provide you
with superior products, very competitive pricing and excellent customer
service. Again the kit that recommend comes with the Limited Lifetime
Manufacturer's Warranty on hinges against defects in materials and
workmanship for your peace of mind. Each of our kits passed through quality
control to ensure that you are in fact getting the highest quality possible!
We go to extra lengths to insure that every product you order arrives in
good shape. All products are shipped using carrier-approved materials and
methods. All merchandise is also carefully packed to prevent damage during
shipments. All shipments arrive at your door fully insured against damage or
loss, offering further assurance and peace of mind with every order placed
with our company.

We have 4 manual kits that can convert the door to go up 90 or 130 degrees
vertically, all 130 degree kits are fully adjustable. The two front doors
can be converted to go up 60 to 130 degrees vertically. That means, you can
use the 130 degree kits to convert the door to go up 90 degrees vertically
as well.

Please click on the link for more details:

1) GT Factory Diablo Door Hinge Conversion kit (90 degree, manual kit, $899
USD plus shipping and handling):

product_info.php/cPath/61/products_id/256

Please feel free to check out the installation manual and photo gallery for
GT Factory Diablo Door Hinge Conversion kit:

http://Auto-Parts-Avenue.co...e-Conversion-Kit-Pic
tures.html

I attach a demo video of the GT Factory Diablo Door Hinge Conversion kit in
this message, please check it out! The filename of the demo video is:
gtfvideo.wmv

2) Autoloc 90 Degree Heavy Duty Manual Upright Door System (90 degree,
manual kit, $919 USD, free shipping to Contiguous 48 States in the USA):

product_info.php/cPath/61/products_id/1518

I attach some demo videos of the Autoloc 90 Degree Heavy Duty Manual Upright
Door System in this message, please check them out! The filenames of the
demo videos are: UDS_manual_Colorado[1].mov, UDS_manual_Saturn.mov

3) AutoLoc 130 Degrees Heavy Duty Manual Upright Door System (130 degree,
manual kit, $1489 USD, free shipping to Contiguous 48 States in the USA):

product_info.php/cPath/61/products_id/1517

Note: All 130 degree kits are fully adjustable. The two front doors can be
converted to go up 60 to 130 degrees vertically.

4) AutoLoc 130 Degrees Slimline Manual Upright Lambo Vertical Door System
(130 degree, manual kit, $899 USD, free shipping to Contiguous 48 States in
the USA):

product_info.php/products_id/2352

Note: All 130 degree kits are fully adjustable. The two front doors can be
converted to go up 60 to 130 degrees vertically.

I attached the image of the 130 degrees kit in this message, please check it
out!

We would like to thank all of our customers for all their support. To show
our appreciation we are offering a 3 Day Only Sale! (Offer Period 08/20/07
to 08/22/07)

You can save an additional $40 for the AutoLoc Manual Upright Door System!
From now until Aug 22, 2007, we will be offering a special online sale to
all our customers:

*** If you order the AutoLoc 90 Degrees Heavy Duty Manual Upright Door
System before Aug 23, 2007, we will give you a $40 rebate on your original
order. This rebate is in addition to our already discounted prices. That is,
the actual cost of the kit is only $879 USD after rebate during this 3 Day
Only Sale!

*** If you order the AutoLoc 130 Degrees Heavy Duty Manual Upright Door
System before Aug 23, 2007, we will give you a $40 rebate on your original
order. This rebate is in addition to our already discounted prices. That is,
the actual cost of the kit is only $1449 USD after rebate during this 3 Day
Only Sale!

*** If you order the AutoLoc 130 Degrees Slimline Manual Upright Lambo
Vertical Door System before Aug 23, 2007, we will give you a $40 rebate on
your original order. This rebate is in addition to our already discounted
prices. That is, the actual cost of the kit is only $859 USD after rebate
during this 3 Day Only Sale!

The rebate will be sent to you within 3 business days after you place the
order. We offer free shipping to Contiguous 48 States in the USA for all
AutoLoc kits. Many other companies charge $50 or more for shipping fee. But
if you order from us, you do not have to pay for shipping fee. This sale is
available for a limited time - while supply lasts. Please take advantage of
it today!

Note: For US customers: Sales tax will be applied to purchases of WASHINGTON
RESIDENTS ONLY. Again, you do not need to pay sales tax unless you are a
Washington resident.

For US, UK and Canada customers: You can pay conveniently and securely
online with credit card. The credit card processing company utilizes the
most advanced technology to create a safe, global, real-time payment
solution, and it enables our customers to securely, easily and quickly send
payments online. For your protection, it is our policy to only ship to the
billing address on your Credit Card if you prefer to pay by Credit Card. If
you need to ship to a different address, wire transfer (bank wire) is also
the fastest and easiest method of payment. Payment by wire transfer will
allow shipment to any address specified. If you prefer to pay by wire
transfer, please email me back and I will give you payment instructions to
complete your order. Thanks.

For UK and Canada customers: when you place the order online, please add the
following "Shipping and handling" item in your online shopping cart as well
as the kit that you choose:

Shipping and handling:
For other international customers: We accept wire transfer for international
orders. If you would like to place an order, please email us back with your
name and full address so that we can calculate the shipping and handling
cost. And we will give you payment instructions to complete your order.
Thanks.

We have a very strong web presence and we can definitely help our customers
to get massive and immediate exposure upon request. Most sponsors like to
sponsor vehicles that have high exposure online and offline. If you are
looking for sponsors, we can help your ride to increase its exposure on a
broader scale! We can showcase your car on our websites and assist you in
establishing a strong web presence on the internet. We have a very strong
web presence and connections. Many local, national and international
auto-related organizations, businesses, potential sponsors, auto event
organizers, auto clubs and teams, special interest group, auto magazines,
car enthusiasts and racers around the world visit our websites. If you are
interested to get massive and immediate exposure, please let us know when
you place the order. Thanks.

We have a special gallery for "Lambo Style Door Conversion" in our Photo
Gallery at:

http://www.streetracinggall...eetracinggallery.cgi

This special Photo Gallery named "Lambo Style Door Conversion" is for our
customers to showcase pictures of their rides. We can also add a special
Gallery just for you in our Photo Gallery! You can choose to display your
real name a nickname, and you can upload any pictures in your Gallery. By
having your own gallery and showcasing your ride to thousands and thousands
of auto enthusiasts there, you will get massive online exposure immediately!

We appreciate your interest. If we can be of further help, please contact us
at any time.

Have a great day!

All the best,
Tsui
www.Auto-Parts-Avenue.com

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
This same cut and paste response is what you get from 99% of companies that claim to have a "bolt-on" system

Classic bait and switch.
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Figured that may be the case.

I knew someone on here would know....
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
just an update from the mx3 boys

Posted: August 19 2007, 1:11 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you havn't seen it, here is an actual post from Kyle. it looks like things might finalize, but I will be much happier once someone actually gets a kit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello MX-3 Group Buy Members,

I am posting tonight to set the records straight on the issue of the delays. I will be the first to admit we had our share of delays when it came to getting the kits done and corrected, however, we took care of these issues. Also, I would like to apologize for the lack of posting on the forum. We tried having my Fiance Jessica cover this for us, but in the end we were still banging out heads against the wall when it came to receiving payments.

When we first announced that the kit had been corrected (to clear the fender and go completely 90 Degrees) we asked that all payments pleases be submitted. Well, once we announced that the kits were ready, it seemed that everyone disappeared and we could not get a hold of anyone (except a few members and we appreciate your quick payments). Needless to say this deadline came and went and I believe we only received one payment in time (not counting the two that had paid previously). So, we went on to set up another deadline (as a few people stated we did not give enough notice even though the kits had long since been corrected). At this point, I also told Jarid I would not work on nor ship a single kit until all payments were in or payment arrangements had been made. Shortly after this was said, we were informed by Jarid that he had contacted everyone and that everyone was ready to pay.

Needless to say, we were happy to hear this and were happy as this would allow us to get this group buy done. However this was wishful thinking on our behalf, as the deadline came and passed again and still we had not heard from everyone. We then had to set up a Third deadline. It was then by the Third deadline that we had received messages from everyone stating they would be paying or that they would be paying by a certain date. So finally payments started to come in and it looked as though we would get this group buy finished, so we shipped out two kits for members that were next in line (in order of payment received date). More kits were being worked on at this time until the dates of “arranged” payments came and passed and yet another stop on work and shipments had to be placed. This is when we stopped communicating on the board all together.

I would also like to point out, that a few members including the Group Buy Moderator felt it was necessary to go onto another board we were on and begin spreading rumors that we were holding a group by and not shipping kits out, etc , etc. Well tell me this, WHY SHOULD WE SHIP KITS WHEN NOT ALL PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED IN A GROUP BUY. Not only was the Group Buy Moderator responsible for this (including magiccowinuse) but he tried to pretend it was not him and when I called him out on it his reply was “oh, I don’t know why I did that”. So not only have we lost money in this group buy, but we had other sales hurt because people didn’t want to pay. And you know what, we had all we could take at that point.

We had contacted everyone and most of the people lived up to there word or kept us informed if there payment was going to be late (and we thank those individuals for that). So when this happened as I said, and had told Jarid (not to mention I posted it on the forum in the early days when problems began to arise) that no kits would be worked on nor shipped until these problems were taken care of. At this point I would like to point out that we are the company making these kits, and NOT the people running it. Yet we were forced to contact everyone member ourselves and get every payment. Not to mention we were expected to ship out kits when we were not even sure we would see payment. I hope at this point you can see where the frustration comes from. I won’t begin to get into the problems we encountered before these ones, but since these are the issues at hand I am discussing them. I would also like to point out the fact that the people but more importantly one person who ordered a Non-90 Kit (a kit that had no problems and was ready and a kit that even Jarid told the people to pay for) were not paid for until after the deadlines.

So we eventually got into contact we the remaining people and I would like everyone to know that we did not receive the last payment until July 30th, and then immediately the very next day a dispute was opened, how is this fair to our company when we are being held accountable because a few member choose not to pay. So we then inform Jarid of the open dispute and he helps us inform this person that no work will continue until it is dropped (again, how can we be held accountable for the delays, when we TOLD EVERYONE that no kits would be touched nor shipped until all payments were received). So the dispute is eventually dropped and I notified Jarid of this on the 4th or 5th of August I believe and told him work would commence on the kits and when they were ready to ship I would notify him. Fast forward to August 14th, I log on to my paypal account to do a check as I had only received an email from Jarid requesting an update and what do I see, but two disputes open.

Now, I can understand people wanting there kits as it has been a long time, I won’t lie. However, what everyone needs to realize is that this is a group buy, the whole reason for the discount is that we get a minimum of 10 orders and the discount would be given. However once the kits were ready and people started paying, they thought their kits should be shipped before all payments had arrived, and we shipped a few kits hoping this would get people to pay. However, once payments stopped coming in, and once communications stopped with the members that still had to pay, we stopped shipping kits. Why should we have to ship out kits when we are not sure we will receive the rest of the payments. All payments should have came in around the same time or arrangements should have been made, instead, we were ignored, and took a bunch of flack for not shipping kits.

So at the one members request I contacted them personally to clear up the issues. And he was very polite and I appreciated that. However, the other person that had a dispute open was in fact the second last person to pay. I will not mention names, but we have had many issues with this person, and I can assure you this person knows who I am talking to. This person also told us before the first deadline that they were ready to pay, and so we finished there kit and had it ready to ship. However, this person never paid nor did they contact us, so the kit was shipped to the member that paid next (the only other person to get the non-90 kit). Now this member that the kit was originally ready for opens a dispute as he feels his kit was ready then and he should have it already. Well, this is not how it works. The kit was ready and went to the first person that paid, and it was not SPECIFICALLY HIS KIT. So to make a long story short, Kits will be shipped in the order that final payments were made. This is how it should be and this is how it will be. Why should someone that delayed everyone else kit get his first.

So in closing, all payments are in now, and currently there are no disputes open. We are working on the kits, and I know for sure that two kits are practically complete with the welding being done to the others. The purpose of this post is to show and prove to everyone, that since we announced and proved (with pictures and videos) that the kits were fixed and ready for payments, that the delays have NOT been because of us. Yes, communications ended after a while, but what would you like us to do, come online everyday just to say “People have still not paid and nothing will be touched or shipped”. No, we tried to contact everyone and we still had to wait from when the kits were ready (MAY) till the end of July for all payments to come in.

Now can you tell me this is fair to our company. While everyone was wasting there time blasting us, maybe you should have contacted the Group Buy Moderator or even the other members who had not paid. You all knew that we would not be touching or shipping any kits till all payments were in and the delays did not come un-warned. We want to get this finished more then anyone, and I can assure you of that, but when we have already lost money, why would we or any other company ship any kits until all were paid for. Everyone had to have their deposits in by a certain day, so why should the final payments be any different.

So for a quick recap:

February 1st – Canadian Deposits were received
End of February – US Deposits were received
May – Kits were revised and fixed so we were ready to accept payments
Beginning of June – First Deadline was set and passed with only one payment being received
Middle of June – Second Deadline was set and passed with a few more payments coming in
End of June – Third and final Deadline was set and passed with a few more payments and payment arrangements.
Beginning of July – Payments arrangements come and pass with no sign of payment nor any contact from the members
July 30th – all payments are finally in and work can begin
July 31st – dispute is opened
August 4th – Dispute is closed so work can begin again (Jarid Notified)
August 14th – Two Disputes are open and work is halted (Jarid Notified)
August 15th – Both disputes are dropped and work begins again (Jarid Notified)

Present – Kits are being finished and shipped in the order payments were received.

So again, I want everyone to know that the delays have been because certain members refused to pay on time like everyone else. We apologize to the members that paid on time and had to suffer. But please remember this is a group buy, and that it would have been more productive to get on the other members to pay instead of bashing our company on the MX-3 forum as well as on other forums. Also, please note that these are only the problems we experience with the payments and not all the problems we experienced with other members. I will not get into those right now unless asked.

And again, thank you to the members that paid on time. This is greatly appreciated and that is how a group buy is to be run. I think the people that chose to delay payments should apologize like I have in causing the delays of all of these kits. Have we had delays, yes, and we made sure all members were aware, however these delays were not caused by us and I wanted all members to know that.

Now lets get this group buy finished so everyone can enjoy their kits.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

way too many similarities and contradictions for my comfort level

madcurl- 10 more victims
------------------

[This message has been edited by twocoda (edited 08-21-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Is xtremedoors going to fix Dr.DPU and Eclipse doors?
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
No word from them yet.

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The Hallmark of any scam is that it has to appear legitimate for as long as possible...then BAM! they disappear with the money.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
They still have not made a reply to this thread, and there is no group buy in place or being held up due to lack of payment here to use as an excuse.

PFF
System Bot
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
You have his home number. Why don't you reverse lookup, go to his house and rough him up a bit
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
well the mx3 guys havent even reached the frustration of having kits mounted on thier cars yet to deal with the after sales servrice ( im almost possitive they will have issues with struts if the same struts were used as on jays)

keep in mind they were in the process of setting up a group buy for us but i suppose we were a bit more fortunate that we were forcing them to prove thier product first ( i know they would have my money in thier hands by now)

if someone has some extra time on hand ....can you check out the Eclipse Forum and see what problems they are having in dealing with Extreme

for your reading plausure the link to the mx3 forum if you choose to go through it all
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/...cab7bfc60e6bb7d20558

------------------

[This message has been edited by twocoda (edited 08-21-2007).]

chrisgtp

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RideZiLightning:

You have his home number. Why don't you reverse lookup, go to his house and rough him up a bit

thats a riot. they atleast sent the product you on the other hand.........

what you should do is call there dad to get everything strait.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I gave you your money. Why can't you just leave it alone? Seriously, how many comments are you going to make before you just stop?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

RideZiLightning

1540 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Chris, please. Just stop. It's over with, there isn't anything else I can do.
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
Maclean, J
253 Taylor
London, ON N5Y 2J6
(519) 432-1768

this is the reverse look up of the new number posted in the mx3 group

im thinking if they are not going to communicate with anyone maybe a knock on thier door might get some answers
The "J" in the name could possibly be for Jessica (Kyles fiance) if so im sure she would have some answers or possibly Chris or Kyle have some if they wont answer the phone.
One the bright side...they seem to be starting to communicate a bit more with the mx3 group via moderator so at least we know they havent dropped off the face of the earth as of yet.

------------------

twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post

twocoda

159 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Race1999 Jun 5 2007, 10:47 PM Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,484
Drives: 1994 Mitsubishi Mirage/ dodge colt
I am currently in the process of getting a custom lambo door kit made for my 1994 dodge colt 1.5L 2dr car. It is made from a company out of london ontario canada. the website of this company is called xtreme doors and at www.xtreme-doors.com you can find all the information. In about two weeks they will be ready
this is from the eclipse forum
ill try to get in contact with this person to see what his outcome was.....
his post was dated june 5th 07 so have we found a happy customer or has the victim list climbed to 13

note to self- reduce lunch hour to only half hour

------------------

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Chris's his home phone number is 519 518-6645 and is unlisted.

Good luck to you all.

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
wow, this thread has made me really start to love the fact that i have regular-opening doors

------------------

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
who wants suicide doors?? (!)

------------------
1985 RED & SILVER CUSTOM GT 2.8 V6

18" Motegi Roja's, rear coil-overs, K&N Air Filter, Holley side scoop

PFF
System Bot
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

who wants suicide doors?? (!)

I love those but cant afford those either im sure
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Looks like there is some movement of products on the MX3 forum. Kyle and Chris, are you planing on picking things up where you left off here?

------------------
Jay Brintnell

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Looks like there is some movement of products on the MX3 forum. Kyle and Chris, are you planing on picking things up where you left off here?

I got a pm from a little birdie regarding the Canadian guys and the news isn't good. I can't go into details because the person(s) wants me to remain silent, but [They've been monitoring this thread] and [They are not Fiero owners, nor or they Pennock members].

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality and Archie and the Crew and make your Dreams into a reality."

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I wish your little birdies would contact me. (that's a please)

FYI for those looking at the thread, the Taylor St. Address is no longer valid home address from what I understand. They apparently moved to a new address a short while before things went bad.

I haven't confirmed anything, and I am not interested in stalking :} They will resurface when/if they are ready.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

I wish your little birdies would contact me. (that's a please)

FYI for those looking at the thread, the Taylor St. Address is no longer valid home address from what I understand. They apparently moved to a new address a short while before things went bad.

I haven't confirmed anything, and I am not interested in stalking :} They will resurface when/if they are ready.

I would really really love it as well if they contacted me as I have 7 out of 10 people without kits on our group buy.

MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
Well we are contacting the authorities tomorrow as we have had no progress on our group buy in over two weeks. Anyone else want in on this internet fraud complaint? PM me if so~!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MX3GUY:

Well we are contacting the authorities tomorrow as we have had no progress on our group buy in over two weeks. Anyone else want in on this internet fraud complaint? PM me if so~!

Sorry to here of your lost regarding the VDC kits.
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
ive been watching the MX3 thread and new info has surfaced from a shipping label from Chris's brother Kyle....

might be worth investigating before they slither into another hole...

Kyle Wesley
210-752 Kipps Lane
London, ON N5Y4V4

------------------

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Have these thieves been found yet?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock