Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems by Xtreme-Doors
Started on: 02-06-2007 12:14 AM
Replies: 545
Last post by: AJ7 on 02-29-2008 12:08 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2007 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

WHo is MidEngineManiac ??

Seems he is brand new too ?

Only 2 posts ? joined in feb ?

Any other well known members in the area ??

Yes, I just joined the forum, but I do know several well-regarded members here, and I'll be more than happy to take the car to them for a look and they can post an opinion. I wont put up any names at this time, since I don't want to put anybody "on the spot" and make commitments for them. I'm also more than willing, depending on scheduling, to take it to some cruise nights this summer so anybody can have a look.
IP: Logged
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Midengine. Once these are done, drop by and let's have a look. I am just as curious as the rest.

Xtreme doors, I am in London as well. Where are you located? Anything we Londoners can drop by and look at?

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 02-14-2007).]

BERKELUSA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BERKELUSAClick Here to visit BERKELUSA's HomePageSend a Private Message to BERKELUSADirect Link to This Post
This is Lambo doors..

I'll hafta make a video for you all come spring.... It's in storage in New Jersey at the moment..

[This message has been edited by BERKELUSA (edited 02-14-2007).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Too bad I didn't know about you fellows before. I had my car in paint for more than a month. I'm going to D7 in a few weeks - so using my car is kinda out of the question right now. Like everyone else here says though - having one done will bring business in droves - or at least you'll find out how many of those who have said they want this conversion actually follow through with their original intent. Maybe I could squeeze in a spot in late August so I could show the technology off at the Chop Top Reunion II in September - oh yeah - and at Fierorama.

If you think we can work something out, Chris - just give me a ping. I suspect you'll have sample done well before then - and as I'm in Mississauga and Cambridge that I'll be able to see the workmanship and how well the doors work first hand.

MidEngine - when you get closer - give me a ping - I'd hapilly tag along to see the product first hand.

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 02-15-2007).]

3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! To you and to midengine maniac.
I will be keping an eye on this thread. I am very interested. Two questions for you - Do the doors wobble, when they are up? I have seen some kits that wobble, do to thin material used. Two - doesn't aluminum and steel, when put together, corrode and fuse together? How do you keep this from happening?

------------------
WWW.CLEVELANDFIEROS.COM

My rear defuser

A hint -

It's finally in the paint shop, till spring!

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2007 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave.

I have friends up your way, and get there a couple times a year. Next time will probably be the May 2-4 weekend or thereabouts. I'll P-M you when I'll be in the area.

3.8SC Yes, aluminum and steel are a bad mix, but the paint on the frame should provide enough of a barrier to prevent corrosion. I hope, anyway ;-) It seems to work OK with every other aluminum part put on steel car parts.
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Hey Dave.

I have friends up your way, and get there a couple times a year. Next time will probably be the May 2-4 weekend or thereabouts. I'll P-M you when I'll be in the area.

3.8SC Yes, aluminum and steel are a bad mix, but the paint on the frame should provide enough of a barrier to prevent corrosion. I hope, anyway ;-) It seems to work OK with every other aluminum part put on steel car parts.

they are made out of steel and aluminum, the part that bolts to the car is most likely steel, the weld on kit has to be anyway..
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Chris, will you have any of your past projects at the London Auto Expo at the fairgrounds in March?

Hey you locals, it would also be good to see some of our cars out there, since entry is free...

http://www.westernfair.com/...ondon-auto-expo.html

------------------
Jay Brintnell

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay been away the last couple of days. To DrCPU we would be happy to set something up with you in the summer.

As for the two questions posted by 3.8 SC. The arms do not wobble due to two things. Firstly we use 1/2" thick steel for the arm that raises the door vertically, secondly we have an adjustable pinch point that applies pressure to the arm, which takes away any room for the arm to wobble.
Also for the corrosion, the chassis plate that mounts to the car is made of steel, the hinge holder is made of aluminum and depending on the product you purchase the hinge is either made of steel or aluminum. The steel hinge is also Bright Zinc plated to prevent corrosion.

We are also just setting up our new location in London and would be happy to have anyone swing by once we are set up and ready, also we will have some customers vehicles at the London Auto Expo, as well as our Title Sponsored car. So anyone interested will be able to see the kits in action there.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Too bad I'm in Daytona (D7) that same weekend in March - not really!

Anyway, I'm sure that there will be a lot of guys from the Southern Ontario Fiero group to see your stuff - right Pete!

I'm sure I'll be able to find some scratch before CTRII - so I just have to decide which one works best with my Chop Top.

Dave
AJ7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
bump

waiting for a reply Chris
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2007 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I'm cutting the guy a little slack right now.

From what I gather, they are busy setting up a new location which will be open to the public. If anybody has ever tried that sort of thing, you know what kind of work and time is involved, and how many wrong descions can be made along the way and need to be reversed and re-thought.

OTOH, its been over a week, almost 2, since I called, and P-M's and I've been completely ignored. Not so much as a return phone call (which takes 2 minutes) or a return PM (which takes 90 seconds)

This is not making me very confident.

But, Like I said, I know the guy is up to his eyeballs in busy, so I'll cut some slack.
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac,

I'm like you a bit concerned about their none responsiveness. I was, stilll am very interested in the development of these doors and being made available to all Fiero owners. Hopefully you will keep all posted on any developments if and when you are contacted. I did recall Extreme indicating a March time frame.

Best of Luck
Mike
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Sorry about the delay in responses, we are indeed setting up our new location (not to mention in the process of Engineering and Manufacturing the kits for the MX-3 community) so needless to say we are quite busy at this point.

MidEngineManiac, yes I received your message and I have contacted you thru a PM that I sent you. I told you we would be looking to set up a date in March and that we would call you soon. The reason being that we cannot really call and schedule things with you until we can see how the shop is coming along and the kind of time frame we are looking at. So that is the reason for no call to this point. Again though you will be receiving a call from us when we know a better time frame as to when we can schedule you.

Cajun, the last time we posted was on the 16th. We apologize for the slow responses, but with all that is going on we do our best to get to everything in a fair time frame. That is also correct about the March time frame. Once we have a better idea when the shop will be ready to go, we will then contact those interested.

Once this procedure is underway it should take no more then 2 - 3 weeks before we have the kits manufactured and ready to go. And we will provide a link on the website where all interested can view the progress.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Chris for your update. It's without question that we all are patiently waiting to see what your product will look like and of course the test models performance.

Mike
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah - what he said. Let us know what's up when there is news!
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
Eclipse
You being not too far from Taylor Street in London Jay maybe you can cruise in and have a look around and maybe put a face to Chris 's font and give a little reassurance to any skeptics that may still be out here . I thought Taylor was all residential from Grovenor all the way to Huron St

If all is on the up and up ....Im ready for paint but will hold off till i get a kit ( i have been looking around and doing some homework on VDC.and very interested) Dare to be a lil different

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Our new location is 958 Leathorne St Unit 9, right at the end of the building. We are still in the process of moving in, but once moved in, we would be more then happy to have anyone swing by. For those that contacted me about supplying us with your car, we are still interested and will be making calls very soon.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post
wish I could swing by, and a bit of advice for the extreme crew... you have a product that virtually every car owner can love and most can want pace yourself ior you'll bury yourself so far in backorders and productions that you wont see a break for abouta year... its all about PACE I have screwed myself before with tattoo apointments for clients and spent my whole 6months off time tattooing and got no beach time but I could see it when I looked out the front shop window...

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Cool.

I'm out of town this week, but will be back Friday evening (or Saturday morning, depending on how this forecast ice storm develops).
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2007 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys. I've been away from the computer. I will defintately be dropping by to check things out.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

PFF
System Bot
axapowell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for axapowellSend a Private Message to axapowellDirect Link to This Post
Been checking back several times on this topic...I would purchase a kit if:

1- It is priced right
2- It fits right
3- It's durable
4- The door (and window) seal properly
5- Bolt in...optional, but better

Would like an update, including any potential time frame for ordering. I am in upstate NY, My car is in storage, but could be taken to the shop if needed. E-mail me or post here.

Thanks,
Dave
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Seems finally a bolt on door system for fiero so how much to Sydney Australia?
What do we get for $600 how much for auto door locks etc?
Can i get a basic price and an Automatic price delivered to Australia?
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

We are just about set up at our shop and ready to begin working with someone to get this product developed. Once we have the car at our shop we will take the measurements needed, and have the kit designed. Then it will take about 1 - 2 weeks to manufacture the kit, and after that it will be ready to be installed. These applications will also be a completely bolt-on design.

As for shipping to Sydney Australia, it would cost roughly $130 for shipping. With the $600 product you will receive hinges for both sides, gas shocks, wiring extensions and all mounting hardware needed. So total price would be $730 with shipping included. As for our automatic kit it would run you an additional $400 - $650 depending on the options you wanted.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
So how much for a complete lambo door kit shipped to my door? Will these be available in the next month?

Thanks,
Amir

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.09@115mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

AJ7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
"Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.09@115mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)"

your going to have to give me a ride in that sometime!

[This message has been edited by AJ7 (edited 03-07-2007).]

twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
just in looking for updates on this matter ......wish i still lived in london .i would go there myself...then i could move from impatiently waiting to patiently waiting ....spring is comming fast although we still have 7 foot snowbanks up here...i might have to catch the fall for ordering as im waiting on this to continue for paint..having said that .....Chris....from time of order.....what timeframe are you expecting for completion of manufacturing cuz i can probably arrange for someone to pick up for me
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
bump
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Chris, sent you a PM.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2007 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Don't expect a reply.

Chris and boys arent real good at returning phone calls, PM's or e-mails.

I thinks I am stepping out of this endevour. I know they are busy, but what doest it take to PM? what does it take to phone? This is the 10th of march--so much for the late feb/early march timetable. I would have waited untill next march, if theyt had just comunicated.

and they want me to leave my car with them---sorry, but trust is something that is built. And to be honest, since this thread 1st showed up, I have had absoloutley zero contact with this company. Chris has never phoned me (he has my number), never p-m'd me and never e-mailed me.

If thats the way they work at comunications, how long will it take to get actual work done.?

If somebody else want to give them a car, I suspect you are in for a world of hurt. Personally, this shop will touch my car when hell freezes over.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Not making any excuses for them. There is a fair sized Performance Car show in TO this weekend. I'd bet they have a booth there. Still a PM or call doesn't take long. I chuckled on the hell freezing over bit - as there are no other alternatives yet. We had a great day here today +40 or so - so either hell is heating up or spring is here at last !!

MadCurl is making progress in Florida, Maybe we'll have something available to us up here if we just stay patient.

I'll wait until this summer. Should be enough time for them to get established. The London group has a meet in June - so I can always just tootle over to their shop then and take a look.

Dave (7 more sleeps til D7 - for me!)
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2007 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
We are the same here.........I've been out wrestling and playing frisbee with the dogs. In a t-shirt

LMAO--I'm sopping wet, but have 2 very happy pups
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2007 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
OK, Chris

After discussing this with my wife this morning, what I am still willing to do (at no cost whatsoever) is bring you the car on a Saturday or Sunday of your choosing (my days off) and you can take all the measurements and pics you need. Mostly because you seem to have a decent product, and the Fiero community badly needs a true bolt-on VDC at a reasonable price.

What I can't do is leave the car. I hope you understand, but the comunications issue is a BIG one for me (see the bad suppliers thread) and I have personally been burned by shops in the past, and the lack of communication is a sign that sets my warning bells ringing. Had I listened to my warning bells last time I would have saved myself a court action to recover my car.

Then, come summer or early fall, once you have hinges in stock I'll be buying a set from you ;-)
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
Chris, PM sent;

I am not far from London & as I have some family there, I could make some time commitments over one weekend or two if previous set ups/arrangements do not work out.

I can make a visit to the vendor's facilities, meet the people involved, have a car measured & try to get some visuals & concerns answered objectively for my fellow forum members once an installation is completed & tested.

It's an investment that will result in an objective yaye or naye review of the product, service & customer support, but another option nevertheless.

Let me know at your convenience.

------------------
1985 RED & SILVER GT 2.8 V6

Admission of the day: I enjoy having sex.

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

OHNIKO

2124 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Chris, PM sent;

I am not far from London & as I have some family there, I could make some time commitments over one weekend or two if previous set ups/arrangements do not work out.

I can make a visit to the vendor's facilities, meet the people involved, have a car measured & try to get some visuals & concerns answered objectively for my fellow forum members once an installation is completed & tested.

It's an investment that will result in an objective yaye or naye review of the product, service & customer support, but another option nevertheless.

Let me know at your convenience.

------------------
1985 RED & SILVER GT 2.8 V6

Admission of the day: I enjoy having sex.

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of doors and hinges in my garage that I have offered for measure ments and testing. I am hoping to get togetheriwht Chris soon. I'll be stopping by the shop in person.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
Jay have you made arrangements with chris and he has responded to you?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2007 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Bump since it was on page 3.
AJ7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2007 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
anyone hear from them lately?
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2007 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xtreme-Doors:
1.) Universal Weld-on 105° Lambo Door System ($400)

Looks like GT Factory hinge...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/063010.html

I had my installer review this type of hinge and he said no go. According to "fierogtrouge" he has them on his '88 GT... I'm stilling waiting for his reply and pics.... Seem like I'll wait forever.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 03-15-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock