Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems by Xtreme-Doors
Started on: 02-06-2007 12:14 AM
Replies: 545
Last post by: AJ7 on 02-29-2008 12:08 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2007 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I'm personally waiting until October to order, even if it costs a little more.....Thats when my annual bonus comes in so I wont miss $600 nearly as much as right now, plus I have my eye on a sweet 84 with a 2.8 stuffed in it, and if I grab that one it will be getting the lambo doors and not my GT.

(plus by then you guys will have ironed out all the wrinkles ;-) )
IP: Logged
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Well considering the doors would more than likely be up at a show, I would like a pic of that area with the doors up. If it can be made to look nice then it's no big deal but if it looks like it was butchered up just to make it work then that would be a problem.

It all depends on how you trim it. If you trim that lip smooth and sand it, then paint that edge to match the body, it won't matter. Noone would ever know you trimmed it unless you told them or they were looking for modifications to count against you in the 100% stock class. Since you would not be showing in that class.. Well...
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

It all depends on how you trim it. If you trim that lip smooth and sand it, then paint that edge to match the body, it won't matter. Noone would ever know you trimmed it unless you told them or they were looking for modifications to count against you in the 100% stock class. Since you would not be showing in that class.. Well...

I still wanna see a pic.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

I still wanna see a pic.

LOL I understand, I was just making a point. I will see if I can get a photo of the lip for you to see, and then maybe they can post a photo of what they had to trim.
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

I for one have pretty much made up my mind to purchase a set. But...............before I make the plunge there are a number of issues, lease ways in my opinion need to be resolved.

1. What needs to be trimmed and what is the results once trimmed
2. What do the installation instructions look like, does it include a how-to video
3. Warranty issues, do they warrant their work and for what length of time?
4. How many of the units have been sold to date

You know, questions alone those lines.

Mike
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2007 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Yeh, I have the same issues Mike.

If you look back at the 1st few pages of this thread--I was supposed to be thier test-bed in Feb. This is June (close enough to July that it don't count). I backed out after many-many-many ignored messages. I for the lonmgest time made excuses for them, tried to contact them..........................and I'm damn glad I didn't give them my car.

Now--6 months later....Jay has his car with them, and agian they are promising but not delivring. To be honest, Eclipse is a very-very-very patient man. He loves his car second only to his family, and the work he has put into into it does him proud. Personally, I don't understand his patience with them after this long. If it was my car at thier shop this long I would be breaking in armed and siezing it back by force.

But then patiences is not one of my virtues.

And I still have to ask myself--when Fiero's are given away free, or sold for under $300 every day-----why did they need a doner car from the forum? These are not multi-thousand-buck cars. They can be had for 50 bucks sometimes.

Right now, I do not trust.......I'll wait untill I see the proof, and Jay gets his car back. IF he gets his car back.

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with Chris last night, and he's coming by today to pick up the plastic rivets to button things up. I should have it back shortly.

I ran my own business, and I know what it takes to get off the ground, and how hard it is to have multiple commitments to multiple clients. I don't mind helping a few young guys who are trying to make a break into a demanding crowd (yeah, that's us).

Scope creep is a killer. Things ALWAYS take longer than expected. Midenginemaniac, I should remind you how long my engine swap took. Thanks for the compliments btw.

As for my patience, it would have been worse if I hadn't bought a second car (Chev Malibu) for work. I've been so busy on the new job, and with my 5 kids, and working on getting our Windstar ready to sell, and finishing my basement (our contractor took my money and ran) that I really haven't had time to worry about the Fiero. In the end it's just a car. I have bigger things to be upset about right now (previous comment about contractor).

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Hey, I'm knocking anyone. I'm in no real hurry in acquiring these hinge sets. I just have several issues that I feel need to either be resolved or addressed before I make the plunge.

From my perspective, I would rather Chris to go slow in order that he can go fast. Getting it right makes a lot of sense to me. Believe me, I really understand project creap. I'm working on a very large project and have been for the past four years. Due to problems, project delays, etc. our project is about 45 days behind schedule. We are slowing down in order to get it right. I'm hoping that is what Chris is doing to ensure the hinge set he will be offering is perfect and beyond reproach.

I'll wait for Chris's hinges as long as it takes.

Mike
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

Hey, I'm knocking anyone. I'm in no real hurry in acquiring these hinge sets. I just have several issues that I feel need to either be resolved or addressed before I make the plunge.

From my perspective, I would rather Chris to go slow in order that he can go fast. Getting it right makes a lot of sense to me. Believe me, I really understand project creap. I'm working on a very large project and have been for the past four years. Due to problems, project delays, etc. our project is about 45 days behind schedule. We are slowing down in order to get it right. I'm hoping that is what Chris is doing to ensure the hinge set he will be offering is perfect and beyond reproach.

I'll wait for Chris's hinges as long as it takes.

Mike

Ditto... Whenever he can guarantee shipment within 2 weeks of payment is when I'll make my payment. That, and stand behind the product to ensure proper fitment or no cost replacement.

PM me when ready!

Thanks,
Greg
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

Money burning hole in pocket
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I was at their shop last night and they are waiting on one set of end fittings for the struts. Looks like delivery was delayed with the long weekend, but Kyle is picking them up today and I should pick my car up tonight.

Will keep you all posted.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

PFF
System Bot
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
yeah I'm waiting for a reply about some struts, no rush though..
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Firstly I would like to apologize for not getting the pictures out and not having the time to get on here as I just moved into a new place (this is one reason for the delay, not to mention we are doing Jays install free of charge and have other jobs that have been paid for that had to get out of the way). Secondly over the weekend, our shop was broken into, and when I say that they pretty much stole everthing I mean it, including a 2001 Camaro that was in our possession, and our complete computer system that housed all of our engineering software and designs. I can assure you that the shop is under complete lock down and this will not happen again (not to mention this has convinced us to switch locations).

JimmyS, I understand you and others want to see the pictures of the fender and when I can get these posted I will, my digital camera was among the items stolen so I do apologize but it is really beyond my control unfortunately. For the trimming a one inch strip needs to be removed in order to provide the adequate travel for the horizontal.

Nolan, I have been on this website to post as much information, and answer any questions that I have, and have just recently moved into my new place, and this week has just been more or less crazy, so I apologize for not getting on here to answer questions but I can assure you I am doing what I can with the resources that I have at this current time.

caseyret, I'm putting everything I have into getting this kit to the community and doing what I can personally to keep the lines of communications open. Unfortunately I did fall behind this week and I think you all can see why, but I'm doing what I can right now to get things back on track.

Cajun, I have stated above what needs to be done to the inner fender. Secondly the installation instructions will include pictures along with detailed instructions. A how - to - video however will not be offered as we simply do not have the time or resources to offer this. The hinges themselves are backed with a limited lifetime warranty against structural defect and the shocks come with a 2 year warranty. And lastly this is a custom unit just made, so only 2 units have been sold.

MidEngineManiac, I again have apologized time and time again for the lack of communication off the bat, and yes I did have a lot on my plate at the time and became overwhelmed. The reason for a donor car is so that we have the opportunity to work with someone straight out from the community and he can then give his personal feedback to the community. What does our own Fiero give us? A car to get the measurements yes, however then all we have is our word, this way we have Jay who can speak honestly about how the product works and so on. And I must say that I'm pretty happy that we didn't end up using your car in the long run either because it is quite apparent that you have a short fuse and are more then happy to voice all the negatives without stating any positives. What we are doing for Jays car is completely free of charge, free kit, and free install. We have customers that have paid for work to be done so please I'm sure you can understand priorities. You have already once on this site came back to apologize and say that you would like to remove your foot from your mouth, lets not have this happen again.

As for Jays car it will be finished as of tomorrow.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
AJ7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
Man you need to move that place in the middle of nowhere (like where I live lol) no one ever does anything like that here, and if they do everyone knows who it was within a couple days because of people talking about it.. hope the car was covered in some kind of insurance? or does it come out of your pocket?
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Chris: thanks for your response and I'm sorry to hear about the break-in. I hope you recover all your losses.

Nolan
fierogtrouge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtrougeSend a Private Message to fierogtrougeDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys Check the Tread" Canadian lambodoor" Its my car with GT Factory hing!
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
Pause for thread identification !!!!!!!!!!!

fierogtrouge - i have checked out your thread that you started ....very nice btw...but in doing so I also noticed that NO-ONE jacked on your thread. So with respect to this thread and all that its been through...your flaunting of your completed car are unwarranted INSIDE this thread.....if it makes you feel better ....start another

Back to our regular schedule topic

Chris - yes im still lurking from time to time for updates.....you are crossing the threshold- keep plugging away-sorry to hear of the misfortune ....i hope they catch the Caulk Soakers swiftly and your able to recover ( what doesnt kill ya makes ya stronger and wiser) Let the law do thier jobs and the insurance do thiers ....while you keep on doing yours!!!!

Eclipse- It definatly has been a journey for your car the past 6 months but in the loooooonger than anticipated future .....im sure it will all be worth while...( guess nothing is Really for free) Hats off to you on the participation and patience.+ + +

Mid- Engine - The words of negativity are easily expressed when you are eagerly anticipating something ( same for me) but if you are like me ....ya gotta give praise on the completion thus far of the accomplishment these boys have alllllllllllmost done.....Not once have i seen pics of "C" clamps or 2x4s...so as the wheels of production roll forward in the right direction....Lets hope we all win with a cool tweek for our cars...hopefully within the not so far off future...

------------------
It isnt re-creation....its recreation!!!!

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Twocoda! I dropped by tonight to pick up the car, but came home carless :{

It looks like whoever broke in also grabbed my rear license plate to stick on the the Camaro. None of us even noticed until I was looking in the trunk for something. The police are saying I need to get a permit or new plates. Xtreme Doors is footing the cost, and their insurance will cover it. It's an unfortunate situation, and the guys were a bit embarrassed I think. It's not their fault. We'll get it all worked out and I'll have her back shortly.

Jay.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 07-04-2007).]

twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
just wondering Jay if you have an update for us???

appoligies for off topic....Jay if your contractor issues havent been resolved drop me an email twocoda@bmts.com and i can put you in contact with competant people in london not too far away from you.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Thanks Twocoda! I dropped by tonight to pick up the car, but came home carless :{

It looks like whoever broke in also grabbed my rear license plate to stick on the the Camaro. None of us even noticed until I was looking in the trunk for something. The police are saying I need to get a permit or new plates. Xtreme Doors is footing the cost, and their insurance will cover it. It's an unfortunate situation, and the guys were a bit embarrassed I think. It's not their fault. We'll get it all worked out and I'll have her back shortly.

Jay.

It's good that the company is paying for new tages and plates. Sorry to hear about someone breaking into the shop. They didin't steal any VDC kits if so, what type? I hope the company has serial numbers on the VDC kits?

edit: I can't write or spell correctly when I'm excited, hehe.
------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality and Archie and the Crew and make your Dreams into a reality."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-08-2007).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys and gals - now that I have my car back I can post that I had my hinges done by Chris. Wanted to keep things on the down-low for security reasons. No need broadcasting exactly where my TAZ was spending lonely nights over the past week.

I've posted details on my build site....

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/059675-7.html

I don't want to duplicate what I worte in my post - so I just want to say that Chris and his brother did a very good job on the install - in spite of all the crazy crap that has been going on over the last week and a bit. There are a few minor changes that I have to make for everything to be perfect - but the doors work as advertised. The triming of the inside door panel is very minor and a little black paint over top will hide it completely. I'd also want to paint the other hinge parts black (alluminium bits) - just so they blend right in. I don't have a lot of "bling" on the Taz!

Am I happy with the product and install? The short answer is yes. Is it 100% perfect? Not quite - but pretty darned close. Is it good value - I'd say so. Knowing what I know now - would I do this again. Yes. How does it compare to Curley's VDC's - what do ya think I am? I don't know!

For Chris and his brother, the best feedback I can give is get some help from a manager - one of your parents! (big smile)

When you consider that your are developping the product, making adjustments as they are needed - that dealing with your customers is a tough sell as they'd be interrupting you too much. I suspect that once you've got everything finished, and fully set up in your shop that you'll have more time for the other stuff. As it is you guys can't be getting too much sleep.

Dave

I do appreciate the fact you held to every commitment you made with me.
PFF
System Bot
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
Dave.....thanks for the response and im very glad these vdc found thier way onto your car...now ill go and check your thread to see if you have posted video or pics to go with your ( what i consider) to be a positive response to your new tweek. Congradulations !!!

------------------

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Any close up pics of the area at the top of the fender/bottom of the windshield with the door open? Just to see the spacing between the fender and door.

Also, any pics of the part of the inner door panel that needs trimming?
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Will post a bunch of pics and vids mid to end of week I promise! Posts will be in my build thread as this is Xtreme's thread - and yes, I think the review is positive. There will always be small issues with new products. I knew this going in - and nothing too bad to deal with.

Clearances are fine all around the fender with door fully extended. Need to shave at least a 1/4" from the bump guard - on front fenders.

Dave
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Hey DrCPU, does it look like the 90* doors will fit a wide body? Will the door clear the front fender?

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Hey DrCPU, does it look like the 90* doors will fit a wide body? Will the door clear the front fender?

Troy - I don't see why not. The biggest issue is the clearance needed at the front when you open the door. In my case, I can pop the door open about four to six inches then go all the way up! The hinge moves the door forwards slightly as it opens - it doesn't move it forwards, but the pivot angle is slightly more forwards than regular hinges. The regular hinge kind of buckles straight in. Does that make sense to you.

Get Archie to measure the distance from the frame to the outside of the wide body front kit and ask Chris. He'd be the expert.

I'd draw a picture to explain, but would probably be a lousy picture.

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 07-08-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info, time to get out the measuring tape.
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Need to shave at least a 1/4" from the bump guard - on front fenders.

Dave

bump guard? Like the black moulding???
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hi Guys, I must apologise for not getting back. With a CRAZY work schedule, I have not had a chance to get new plates, so my car still sits at Chris's shop. My rear plate (and new stereo) was stolen during their breakin. Last I saw, my hinges were working great, but there were some minor clearance issues with with the trim and fender ground effects. DrCPU, is sounds like they have fixed this on your car.

DrCU thanks for providing the update, and I am glad to see all worked out well. I hope to have mine back this week, as I'll see you at the SOFA show?

------------------
Jay Brintnell

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Chris,

Sorry for not getting back to you any sooner. Thanks for the feedback and update. Really, sorry to hear about the break-in. Hopefully it has not set you guys back to far and are in a position to continue the development and production of the hinges.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Mike
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
On the bump guard - yes the black moulding. I trimmed them big time today. I also noticed some other fit issues and am working with Chris to resolve everything.

I probably should have given Chris another few days. They were working on it on Sunday when I picked up the car. Like I said - the doors work as advertised - but it's not perfect yet. Again, I've sent Chris one email and he's got right back to me. Will keep you guys in the flow.... Should be one more fitting to resolve all the issues.

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 07-09-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I really am looking forward to an affordable VDC Kit form my GT. I am going to wait till all the little qwerks are worked out though. I'm not too fond of the idea of having to cut 1/4" off the fender trim or the door trim for that matter. Maybe a good solution for me is to go "smooth" and shave all the trim off? I don't know, i'll just wait and see how the tweeking goes.

Dr.CPU, Thanks again for letting me test fit myself into your Chop at D7. A Chop is definately in my plans for the GT too.

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up

VIAGRA - Strong enough for a man but made for a woman

caseyret

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for caseyretSend a Private Message to caseyretDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Chris. Its a shame to see so many hasten to judge so quickly. I am glad things are working out for you. I also hope that you can appreciate the skepticism thats built in this forum. Too many online scams and such make people a little trigger happy. I think once we get a few fiero owners up and going, things will flow much more smoothly for you. The business will survive if you have a sound plan, a strong will, and a little spare money (of course). Word of mouth is vital when your just starting.

Good luck and stay focused on your goals. Best to you.

Brett
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

I really am looking forward to an affordable VDC Kit form my GT. I am going to wait till all the little qwerks are worked out though. I'm not too fond of the idea of having to cut 1/4" off the fender trim or the door trim for that matter. Maybe a good solution for me is to go "smooth" and shave all the trim off? I don't know, i'll just wait and see how the tweeking goes.

Dr.CPU, Thanks again for letting me test fit myself into your Chop at D7. A Chop is definately in my plans for the GT too.

I don't think you would be cutting the trim on the panel but the inside lip.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
When I post pics of the door opening (swinging out part) it will be obvious to all what I'm talking about.

The trimming that Chris does on the actual inside fender is insignificant. The trim requires much more "shaving" as the stock trim bit on the fender has a 45 degree V angle back. I should really defer to Chris to explain this as it's his thread.

I emailed Chris last night and expect I'll have some feedback from him in the next 24hrs or so.

Considering the general unavailability of VDC set-ups I think there is excellent value in working with these young men. For others like AJ7 who are trying as well - this should be a perfect example of how much work is involved after a person gets a "brilliant" idea. The idea is 1/10th of 1% of the whole. Making it work in a flawless install is a whole other story - let alone engineering it to last!

AJ7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Considering the general unavailability of VDC set-ups I think there is excellent value in working with these young men. For others like AJ7 who are trying as well - this should be a perfect example of how much work is involved after a person gets a "brilliant" idea. The idea is 1/10th of 1% of the whole. Making it work in a flawless install is a whole other story - let alone engineering it to last!

yeah most people have no idea what is involved with it.. figuring out how it can work is the easy part, making it work flawlessly is the hard part.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I finally picked up my car last evening, and am very impressed. There are still some minor alignment issues, but this is the prototype set of hinges. Chris is swapping them for a production set next week. The production hinges went on DrCPU's car and they work better. I am also order a nice set of seat from him. I will try and get some photos this weekend.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 07-13-2007).]

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

I finally picked up my car last evening, and am very impressed. There are still some minor alignment issues, but this is the prototype set of hinges. Chris is swapping them for a production set next week. The production hinges went on DrCPU's car and they work better. I am also order a nice set of seat from him. I will try and get some photos this weekend.

Awesome... do they have any idea when they production units will be available to the general public?
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the intrusion guys....Chris I PMd you yesterday..and emailed xtreme doors... PLEASE have someone check the mx3 board messages~~~!!!!!~~~
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a way of contacting these folks? Please PM me if you do! Ive left several PM's and emails since tuesday and have no replies. A member of the mx3 board has filed a complaint with the Better business bureau and a few others are getting out of the group buy due to neglegence on Xtreme doors part. I cannot believe that a company trying to make an impression would do this...no phone numbers that works, no response to emails. 80 percent of the members have paid their complete dues for the hinges and less than three people have received their kits....that were paid a week or so into June.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock