Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems by Xtreme-Doors
Started on: 02-06-2007 12:14 AM
Replies: 545
Last post by: AJ7 on 02-29-2008 12:08 AM
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2007 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I must admit that this looks really promising and the prospect of having these on my car is growing on me by the minute! No wood and c-clamps, but actual metal parts and progress is nice to see. I'm looking forward to seeing the kit in action.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 05-20-2007).]

IP: Logged
twocoda

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
well i think we are now approaching the threshold of an awsome tweeeeeeek for our cars and even better for an innovative London based biz.....

Eclipse - thanks for the update

Chris and Kyle- mine really wont have to be GOLD plated.....keep up the great work

this thread is very uplifting lately!!!!!!!!!!
pun intended

------------------
It isnt re-creation....its recreation!!!!

drumwzrd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2007 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdDirect Link to This Post
For those of you who just want a simple kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...mZ200111328941QQrdZ1
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by drumwzrd:

For those of you who just want a simple kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...mZ200111328941QQrdZ1

Don't jack his thread.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Now back to the regularly scheduled thread... Any progress??

Thanks
Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 05-22-2007).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
I was by the shop on Saturday - on my way to dropping of Gene's car at PBJ's and then picking up Chris's car for delivery to Sarnia. Shop was closed and I tried to call the number posted on the door. Being a long weekend I did not expect anyone to be there. Voice mail was full or not set up right to accept any calls. I look forward to seing pics of the install this week?

Gettin' so close I can almost smell it! I really hope this works out for everyone.

Dave
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay with my post, I did infact take off for the long weekend and appreciate the patience. The test fitting with Jays car (Thanks again Jay) went great, everything lined up as it should, as our kit utilizes every bolt hole that the stock hinges use to maintain a strong connection.

We are having the final modifications made to the kit and then we will do the install again for Jays car and the kits will be ready for production. I have the pictures that we took at the shop and will have them posted tomorrow for everyone.

Also sorry for not being around this weekend Dave would have been nice to meet you and answer any questions that you might have. As well I didn't bring my work cell with me for the weekend, and it did not take long for the mail box to get full, however let me know next time your going to be in the area and I'd be happy to meet with you and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post

Xtreme-Doors

85 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Hey all,

Just wanted to post a quick picture and I will have some more tomorrow.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys. My bumper damage is fixed and the car's on the road again. Ready for the final install. Just give ma a time, and I'll be there...

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Sweeet. Looking good.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Chris,

No problems at all. I was late figuring I'd drop by, and was just taking a wild chance. Only crazies like me carry their business phones when on vacation (I sleep with mine).

I spend a lot of my time just east of Cambridge during the summer and will be at PBJs BBQ.

My interest is seeing the install with my own eyes. I love working on my own car - but have limited space - so anytime I can watch - it then makes the work that much easier when I do the job myself. I was also really interested in "feeling" the doors once the install is complete.

I hope Jay is at PBJ's BBQ - as there will be a ton of interest - I'm sure of at least that much.

Dave
PFF
System Bot
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
for more picture
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

We are just awaiting the arrival of the revised parts and then we will be ready for the final install. Here are some pics of the test fitting on Jays car, my apologies for the delays, been a crazy week. Without further adieu here are some more pictures.

Image showing horizontal travel

Thanks again and we will let you all know when the final install is ready to take place.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Looks darn good.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it ever is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality."

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Hey! That's looking really great I am looking forward to seeing a video clip of the door in action. Nice job.

Nolan
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-25-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Did I actually say Jay should get the prototypes at one time ? Sheesh, me and my big mouth. Remove foot, insert the other one

Chris, those outer bolts (the ones visable in your original pic). Are they stock location, or custom drilled? If custom, could you post the dimensional locations? I have a silver-doller-sized rust spot in that general area, (its been rust-checked, no worries guys) but the area wont be 100% strength, nor 100% flat anymore--so thats going to be a biggie if I am even able to install the hinges.
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Looks good . Any set price yet or is the jury still out on that? Mark me down for a set regardless
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

MidEngineManiac, our kit utilizes all of the stock bolt hole locations and no additional holes need to be drilled at all.

We are going to hold an introductory offer for a Month once these kits are ready and they will be available for $500 plus shipping. We are hoping to do the final install for Jay by the end of this week so he is all set up for the BBQ. We will keep everyone posted on the status of this kit.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Chris,

PM sent regarding fitting them on a Fino body kit - www.finiero.com. Your hinges are lookin' good!

Andrew

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 05-28-2007).]

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xtreme-Doors:

Hi All,

MidEngineManiac, our kit utilizes all of the stock bolt hole locations and no additional holes need to be drilled at all.

We are going to hold an introductory offer for a Month once these kits are ready and they will be available for $500 plus shipping. We are hoping to do the final install for Jay by the end of this week so he is all set up for the BBQ. We will keep everyone posted on the status of this kit.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

You can count on an order from me as soon as pics or video's are posted of operation.

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

MP5Na3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xtreme-Doors:

Hi All,

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Yep, count me in also.

PFF
System Bot
tharvey

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tharveySend a Private Message to tharveyDirect Link to This Post
I am in if they work as well as described

tim
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post
Chris,

You can count me in. PM sent........

Mike
nitrous nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitrous nutSend a Private Message to nitrous nutDirect Link to This Post
whats the chance of getting a set by mid july? would be nice to have a set for the nopi show july 20th

------------------

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

If all goes well we are hoping to have these kits in production and ready for sale within the next week or 2. I will keep you all posted. As soon as they are done, we are going to get Jay in for the install and we will post pics and videos for you to see the kit in action as well for those going to the PBJ BBQ they will hopefully be installed for him to show there.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I missed it while browsing through the thread, but is there a strut that helps lift the door up and holds it? I don't see that in the pictures.

------------------

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Yes there is a strut the helps lift the doors and holds them in the vertical position. Was not in the pictures of Jays car as that was simply a test fitting.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chris, are you and Kyle coming to the BBQ in case the guys have questions?

------------------
Jay Brintnell

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 05-30-2007).]

dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
Sorry if this has been asked before...

Does the door have to open that far horizontally before going vertical?
Is it possible to do some sort of adjustment to where the door only opens a little before lifting vertically?
Maybe the amount I indicated with the arrow in the pic below.

Or would there be clearance issues with the fender with the door only opening this far and then lifting it?

I'm not trying to be difficult...I'm just curious.

------------------
--David

[This message has been edited by dcfox (edited 05-30-2007).]

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

We are going to do our best to make an appearance even if just for a short bit as we have a family function that weekend but going to do what we can to show up just to answer any questions there might be. Also sorry for the delay we are awaiting the revised parts to be finished and then we will be ready to install on your car Jay. Sorry again for the delay.

Also that picture just simply shows how far the kit is capable of opening horizontally should there be a time when you don't feel its necessary to go vertical. The hinge itself has an adjustment point so that you can set the amount that it opens horizontally, and you can definitly go vertical long before having the door open that far horizontally.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Chris.

One more question...and I'm done.lol.

You mentioned that there is an adjustment to limit how far horizontally the door will open.
Is there anything that stops the door from being lifted until it hits that preset spot...or if for example the horizontal setting is set like in your pictures...can the door be lifted at any point between clearing the door striker and fully opened?

Thanks again for the quick response...and all the hard work you've done.
It's great to see someone propose an idea...and follow through with it to completion instead of just stringing us along with "smoke and mirrors"(plywood and c-clamps?lol)
PFF
System Bot
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Yes dcfox we have an adjustable point that limits when the door can be raise, by adjusting this point further out makes it so the door will not go vertical until it has passed this point, it also acts as a pinch point and when used with the horizontal stop pinches the arm in place when vertical creating a stronger structure.

It's official we will have the revised parts this week! We will (if Jay is available) be doing the final installation this weekend and once that is complete and tested we will be swinging into production at the beginning of next week. Thank you all for the patience and as soon as we have the parts ready we will post pics and then granted all goes well we will have pics and videos of the kit in action as of this weekend.

Also I would like to appologize for not being able to attend the BBQ this weekend, got tied up at a family function and didn't make it back to London until 6pm. Atleast the weather held out for you's and I'm sure it made for a great day.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

[This message has been edited by Xtreme-Doors (edited 06-04-2007).]

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Chris, sounds good! Let me know when to come over. I need teh car during the week, but I can come over some evening, or on the weekend. You know how to reach me :}

As for the BBQ, it was a great day!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/065291-2.html

------------------
Jay Brintnell

dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
Chris...
I would like to say that I am extremely impressed not only with the apparent quality of the kit you are developing,but also with the manner in which you address the questions that are asked.

You have earned my respect,and once I get my car running and close to being finished...my business as a customer as well.

A + for you!!!
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
How's the install going? Any more pics or video?

Don't know if you made it to PBJ's BBQ - so would like to see an update...... Please?

Dave
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

We will have more pics and videos as of this weekend. We did not manage to make it to the BBQ this weekend, unfortunately as it look like a great time. I will keep you posted and post pics and videos as soon as the install has been completed.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Great to hear its all working out. At the stated price its an awesome deal.
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Bump this up for a friend
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the bump Mike, the wife has now O.K.'d 2 sets!!!!

Brad
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004
I do need to know when these are going to be ready for sale.

Brad
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock