Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems (Page 14)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems by Xtreme-Doors
Started on: 02-06-2007 12:14 AM
Replies: 545
Last post by: AJ7 on 02-29-2008 12:08 AM
Eclipse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2007 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I've washed my hands of these guys, although I occasionally drop into the MX3 thread to see what's happening. Looks nasty.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB2/...a694aeb778696e080a22

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2007 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I hate to say I told you so...but these fly by night artists come into a thread were no one has heard of them before, promise the world, take the money and disappear into the night. Sad, sad, story indeed.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2007 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Funny thing, there is someone on a local online classifies board who is selling lamo hinges for a VW, and they are the EXACT same as what was put on my car. They are teh bolt on set that the guys were advertising on their site.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 03-02-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2007 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Funny thing, there is someone on a local online classifies board who is selling lamo hinges for a VW, and they are the EXACT same as what was put on my car. They are teh bolt on set that the guys were advertising on their site. Sheesh.

Where at...in Canada?
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Madcurl.... Right here in London. I have seen these guys on that board before, so I am sure they have simply chosen another avenue...

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-c...EW-W0QQAdIdZ29608626

------------------
Jay Brintnell

Forever-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Forever-FieroSend a Private Message to Forever-FieroDirect Link to This Post
This is the coolest door I've ever seen! What do you think?

http://www.disappearing-car-door.com/
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
That is pretty slick! Why don't all car doors open like that??
xypher-alexis

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xypher-alexisSend a Private Message to xypher-alexisDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone. I just came across this thread tonight and googled the company's name and came up with a hit that sent me to a site. This is the address. http://highcalibermotorspor...crater.com/index.php Interesting that they seem to have MX-3 hinges too. Dont know what this could accomplish, but it couldnt hurt to throw in here. Damn shame too. Such a great idea and so close. My condolences to everyone that got screwed on this deal.
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
well.....I'm pretty sure these are the scammers!!
Great find xypher-alexis!!

http://highcalibermotorspor...duct.php?pid=1543024

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion

[This message has been edited by SAFASTRO (edited 01-28-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by xypher-alexis:

Hey everyone. I just came across this thread tonight and googled the company's name and came up with a hit that sent me to a site. This is the address. http://highcalibermotorspor...crater.com/index.php Interesting that they seem to have MX-3 hinges too. Dont know what this could accomplish, but it couldnt hurt to throw in here. Damn shame too. Such a great idea and so close. My condolences to everyone that got screwed on this deal.

Dude. That Dave's car that is on thier webpage and most likely under a new name? They screwed him over and many other on different forums.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good, but never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can become a reality; Archie and the Crew can make your Dreams into a reality."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-28-2008).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2008 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Yup, definatley Dr.CPU's car...and a Fiero Ellipse? Somehow I never heard of that model. .

I'm pretty sure its the same guys. Sad part is thier hinges would work just fine with the coupe trim, its just the GT rockers that they dont work with, so if they had been a little more honest they could have still had a decent market for them.
PFF
System Bot
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Dude. That Dave's car that is on thier webpage and most likely under a new name? They screwed him over and many other on different forums.

Yup thats definitely Xtreme. I am STILL trying to get them to finish shipping our stuff. I had a promise from Kyle at the end of December to ship the rest...of course no such luck. We have finally got in touch with the London PD and all of our memebers are now getting internet fraud forms mailed to them to fill out. Anyone need one? PM me.

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
They've been in touch with me, looking to make amends, but no more word yet. I will remain open minded and see how things pan out.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

They've been in touch with me, looking to make amends, but no more word yet. I will remain open minded and see how things pan out.

You'd better hurry up and get the needed "fixes" since another company is "hot on they're tails" (shameless hollywood plug-phrase, hehe) and they're employees review various forums including Pennocks.

MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post

Same here. I hear form them a few times in one week...then nothing for two...saying the will ship parts when time allows...then three weeks later...and nothing.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MX3GUY:

Yup thats definitely Xtreme. I am STILL trying to get them to finish shipping our stuff. I had a promise from Kyle at the end of December to ship the rest...of course no such luck. We have finally got in touch with the London PD and all of our memebers are now getting internet fraud forms mailed to them to fill out. Anyone need one? PM me.

Snatched from Dr CPU's thread:

Originally posted by DrCPU:

The passenger door strut gave up after only a few openings - say 25. The driver side is weak and if it hasn't blown over the winter will likely be needing a replacement very soon. I ordered new struts from Lambodoors and have 950lb rated units. The crap installed by XtremeDoors was supposed to be rated at 900lbs - but like I said - was likely the worst crap they could get their hands on.

The XD guys have supposedly contacted Jay to make things right, but I don't expect they are capable or evne have a capacity of being honest. I'd never go anywhere near them ever again. Crap service, crap product. Crap service is even way to nice a word to use. If I pass them on the road and see they've been run over - will likely take a second shot at them myself just to make sure they don't rip anyone else off.

Ginger's pissed too at their poor sevice.

Some times ya just have to walk away..

So far, I just don't see how this will do anything (Joe Torma's famous spoken words for 2007)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-22-2008).]

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

So far, I just don't see how this will do anything (Joe Torma's famous spoken words for 2007)

...oooo...you posted a picture of that 'ultimate engineered' hinge that had to get patented so no one could steal the ideal - shame on you for posting those spy photos...

...ask me if I am surprise that this was never developed...
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Is that guy still on the forum. I think his user name was AJ7. Alot of us knew this wouldn't work. There are hinges out there that are proven to work on our cars. Take in as much information from peolple on this forum who have experience in installing the right hinges that will work on our cars.

Joe
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenDirect Link to This Post
Aj7 doesnt do doors anymore I dont think. I build military rifles and pistols and he talks to me on AOL alot about weapons, but havent heard about Fieros in a while

I wan that roll under door so badly.
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Is that guy still on the forum. I think his user name was AJ7. A lot of us knew this wouldn't work. There are hinges out there that are proven to work on our cars. Take in as much information from people on this forum who have experience in installing the right hinges that will work on our cars.

Joe

I think your a little confused. AJ7 had ideas but, I don't believe he took any body's money. These guys went by Xtreme-Doors. It is sad they were not honest since I read that for a notchie it would have worked. Although better gas struts would have been needed. Aj7 did have a nice idea though...
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Disclaimer for this post
I have no personal experience or involvement with XD and all my info comes from this thread.
I should say these "New" Fiero kits might work but judging by their business practice I doubt it.

Hi all,
Sorry guys for bringing this thread up again, but it looks like the XD kits are still being offered on eBay as Fiero - Bolt-on kits.
I have a hunch, it's beeing sold by these guys or one of their associates.

Old auction ended at Jan-28-08 - $660:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...ME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123
Direct Bolt On Fiero Lambo Door System
Your bidding on a brand new, never used Lambo Door system that's designed to bolt straight to the stock Fiero hinge locations. Bought the kit with every intention to use on my own car, but simply do not have the time and or area to do such a modification. I have however checked with an extra set of hinges to make sure all holes lined up and there are no problems whatsoever that way. Kit comes with Left and Right hinges, 2 shocks, wiring extensions, mounting hardware and a general set of instructions. Kit seems very solid, and well put together. No Reserve. Shipping is $55 to anywhere in the continental US. International bidders please contact for shipping quote prior to bidding.

New Auction ending Mar-03-08:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...9QQitemZ110227973569
Direct Bolt On Fiero Lambo Door System
Your bidding on a brand new, never used Lambo Door system that's designed to bolt straight to the stock Fiero hinge locations. Due to high demand on the last kit I posted, I got in contact with the company to see if I could get more to sell. Heres how it works, if you are the winning bidder on the kit, upon receiving payment, the company will begin manufacturing the kit, and within 2 weeks or less the kit will be made and then shipped to your location. Company will also be provide photo updates as your kit is being made. So what you getting is a kit that is completely brand new, and made specifically for you! Kit comes with Left and Right hinges, 2 shocks, wiring extensions, mounting hardware and a general set of instructions. Kit are very solid, and well put together. No Reserve. Shipping will be $60 to anywhere in the continental US. or Canada. International bidders please contact for shipping quote prior to bidding. Check out my feedback from the last kit I sold and bid with confidence.

My communication with eBay seller about the Jan-28-08 auction:
Dear fretpicker30,
Hi, Could you let me know what is the source company for this kit.
There has been some "bad" Fiero kits out there and I would like to do the research. Thanks

~~~
Dear mister
Believe the companies name was XD as thats what it said on the box but purchased it from a shop in the Windsor area. Any other questions I'd be more then happy to answer.
Thanks

~~~
Hey man,
I thought so, if you want you can read this and let me know what you think:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/063822.html
It was a huge story on the Fiero forum...
Thanks.

~~~
Hey,
Thanks for the link, unfortunately selling the kit so no longer need any more info on them. Again thanks though.
Paul Toner
fretpicker@hotmail.com

This seller is also buying Lambo doors replacement parts:
http://feedback.ebay.com/eb...See%20All%20Feedback

This is his Flicker album:
http://s270.photobucket.com.../jj103/fretpicker30/

Taken On: 2007:02:04 05:51:32 - (info from Flicker)

The pictures filenames are :Fieronewestkit3.jpg, VolkGolf1.jpg, SunfireNewest2.jpg, Universalbolton2.jpg
So this is not an "innocent" seller that "Bought the kit with every intention to use on my own car"

I would be very gald to hear that these are working just fine, direct bolt on for $500-700...but until that day...
Buyer beware !!!

------------------

T-Top Conversion~Dual HUD~LED Setup~Red Fieros~Montreal Club~Carputer

PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

Disclaimer for this post
I have no personal experience or involvement with XD and all my info comes from this thread.
I should say these "New" Fiero kits might work but judging by their business practice I doubt it.

The pictures filenames are :Fieronewestkit3.jpg, VolkGolf1.jpg, SunfireNewest2.jpg, Universalbolton2.jpg
So this is not an "innocent" seller that "Bought the kit with every intention to use on my own car"

I would be very gald to hear that these are working just fine, direct bolt on for $500-700...but until that day...
Buyer beware !!!

good looking out!!!

------------------
John DuRette
Custom 85 SE/86 GT
"Kinda makes you nostalgic for a Members Only jacket"

Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
those fold down doors scare me! It looks like there is really nothing on the interior other than fold up fabric. Where is the actual structure of the door going? Where is the side impact protection? Is it street legal? Until I find out these answers, I will just remain in awe of the "Cool Factor".

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
Philero ~ Phil and his Fiero, melding into one (soon to be my license plate too!)

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2008 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
The door structure stays intact. With some (most) versions from various companies, a hole os needed in the front of the door for a long strut to pass thru, and a bolt hole is added about 1/2-way back to mount the end of the long strut. Other than that, the door is unafected.

These appear to not need any door mods whatsoever.

The scary part is those short single struts, and the risk of having a body part underneath the edge of the door at the moment a strut fails with the door open and the door hits the ground. Thats exactly why trunks/hatchback from any OEM usually have twin struts. Even if one fails, the other will bring down the panel relativley slowly avoiding 100-plus-pound contacting a persons mellon at a high rate of speed.

Personally, when and or if I ever put on scissor hinges, I would add a second air-operated cylander from the frame to the door. In normal operation it would "automate" the open/close function, but more importantly would act as a failsaif in the event of strut failure.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
I just read this thread some more. onlinesales@highcalibermotorsports.com is using my car picture without permission. I've never dealt with Highcalibermotorsports. This is blatant misrepresentation amongst a number of other things I could mention. They are XtremeDoors under a new name.

Do not go anywhwere near these guys - I'm serious!

Dave
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Is that guy still on the forum. I think his user name was AJ7. Alot of us knew this wouldn't work. There are hinges out there that are proven to work on our cars. Take in as much information from peolple on this forum who have experience in installing the right hinges that will work on our cars.

Joe

hmm havent checked this side of the forum for awhile..

anyway, they actually did work last summer, I needed to change materials to what I would use in production of them, but I havent had the chance since, very little money for quite sometime but now I have moved and things are turning around. and by the way, X-doors tried to screw me over too. sorry you guys had to deal with all of this, and I never came through with any of mine as of yet, but you guys will see bolt on lambo doors for fieros this fall. I'm not saying from who or anything, and I'm not posting here, but I'm not letting someone say something of mine never worked when they really dont know, I've kept some people here updated through pms but have kept quiet, and I will keep quiet again on this side of the forum until I really have something to show you.pm me if your really interested in whats going on.. I hope you all get things straightened out with this deal, good luck.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock