Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Lambo and Other Door Systems by Xtreme-Doors
Started on: 02-06-2007 12:14 AM
Replies: 545
Last post by: AJ7 on 02-29-2008 12:08 AM
tuner2m6t

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chris are we still on for the 18th?
IP: Logged
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi Brian,

Absolutely! 18th works out great for us, we'll see you then.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
Chris

Safastro said it well in his post .
.when I first happened onto your thread I was in the market for a kit for my car ….had contacted a few performance shops and the kits they had to offer weren’t available for Fieros ( one said the kit they had would work but no guarantees and as soon as I modified the units they couldn’t be returned ) so I put the idea on the back burner.
Then along comes you…PERFECT!!!!!!!!! I’ll put paint on hold for a few more months (if needed) ..get your kit then continue on …well the thread is self explanatory as to what happened. I went from a excited kid on Christmas Eve to wake up to a lump of coal laying on the floor because my stocking had a hole in it . Disappointed to say the least.
Don’t get me wrong on the remarks I have posted on this forum ..they were “in the time “ spur of the moment remarks ( venting at your expense ) you did make it easy for me by the non communication )
Having said all that ….there is nothing I would like more then to see a fellow Londoner do well in business not only locally but internationally. There are some members in this forum that have pretty AMAZING cars that you would be proud to have your product associated with (mine isn’t amazing or of show quality) but it is a fun car and you are in the process of manufacturing a fun tweek for it .

In the words of a young entrepreneur “ Lets get this show on the road”

Jscott1- My response is I spelled perfect on purpose!! he he... but if my six year old sees it... he wont think im the bestest anymore.

------------------
It isnt re-creation....its recreation!!!!

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2007 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Exactly.

I don't harbor any ill will towards Chris, and will be more than happy to be a customer once his product is on the market, I just don't happen to agree with his way of running a shop.

I happen to be a field tech, with one hell of a large territory to cover----but when I tell my customers a new machine will be installed on XXX week, or theirs will be either fixed or replaced on XXX day, thats what happens, even if it means I have to put in a 12-14-16 hour day (most of which is driving time anyway to get to some of these places). Phone calls or messages get returned the next day, at the latest.

I have over 400 machines and customers to look after, and if I did it any other way that number would take a very rapid nosedive, and I'd be looking for a new job real quick.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Exactly.

I don't harbor any ill will towards Chris, and will be more than happy to be a customer once his product is on the market, I just don't happen to agree with his way of running a shop.

I'm sure Chris is a nice guy and his intentions are probably genuine. But it's getting a little old where every few weeks, if not days, another person comes on this forum offering lambo door, suicide, koenigsegg, gullwing, or whatever. Especially when these folks don't own a Fiero, have never owned a Fiero, maybe never even seen a Fiero before.

I understand their enthusiasm, and it's great they want to build a product for our cars that don't have a big aftermarket. But it's starting to sound like snake oil. I know they have to gauge interest, but it's pretty obvious that people on this forum want an inexpensive bolt-on solution, so it would be much better if their introduction to the forum included a working installed product.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-08-2007).]

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

MidEngineManiac, while you may not agree with how I'm running my business, I do not agree on the fact that you came onto this forum and lied about our shop being completely empty except for 2 things hanging on the wall in order to portray a certain image of us. While you say you have no ill will against me, saying that the shop was empty when it wasn't tends to prove otherwise. However that being said I would still be very happy to meet with you.

While others may come on here saying that they are going to make a kit, remember we have a shop, and we actually do this full time. We also did not want to sacrifice the quality of one product, just to quickly jump into another, hence why this took alittle while longer to get going then planned. SAFASTRO said it best when he said "Please, take your time, and give us the quality product that you provide, the right way, the first time.". And that is exactly what we are trying to do. As well just because I do not own a Fiero is no reason for me to not want to create a product for this vehicle, or for me to not post on this forum. Secondly if all aftermarket parts companies had to go out and buy every single vehicle in order to design a product, things just simply would not be made. Test vehicles, are needed, and thats why we offered a deal for the person willing to help us out in that aspect.

The reason for posting on the forum before the product was made, was to get an idea of the market out there for this vehicle. Not to many companies would jump into something prior to seeing what kind of interest was out there.

Thanks again for all those that are willing to help out, and we look forward to getting this product made, and made right the first time.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

[This message has been edited by Xtreme-Doors (edited 04-08-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
"if you build it, they will come"
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2007 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Chris, I only reported what I saw......and I might even still have the images on my cell phone. I have no idea how to upload them to a computer, but I'm sure somebody here knows how it works with a Telus/Nokia. (it wont work if I have to e-mail them to myself, since I don't subscribe to web services on the thing--or rather, the company doesn't and they provide the phone for free ;-))
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
I have spoke to Chris on the phone and he seems like a nice guy. We have set up some time to get these hinges done. I look forward to the kit being installed and I will provide pictures and videos if nessecery. I do agree with Chris about the fact of not having to own a car to make parts for it. Not every company can do this and not every company is given free cars to do these sorta tests and stuff on. At least this company is trying and not posting pictures of 2x4's and c clamps.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tuner2m6t:

I do agree with Chris about the fact of not having to own a car to make parts for it. Not every company can do this and not every company is given free cars to do these sorta tests and stuff on. .

A little bit of research would have revealed that gullwing doors on a Fiero is not an easy thing, if it's possible at all. His first post listed prices as if such a product existed. That alone hurt his credibility in my opinion.
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

A little bit of research would have revealed that gullwing doors on a Fiero is not an easy thing, if it's possible at all. His first post listed prices as if such a product existed. That alone hurt his credibility in my opinion.

It is possible to do a conversion that is similar to the gullwing on a fiero (the door ends up in the same place) . It bolts on in the stock location, and doesnt require any fabrication. but it is still not true gullwing doors..
PFF
System Bot
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

MidEngineManiac, yes there might not have been anything in the shop when you came by the first time, but on the last time when you left the note, there most certainly was stuff in the main room, not to mention the office, but that all really is not important. What is important is getting the product made, and made right.

jscott1, while traditional Gullwing door systems will not work or atleast not be easy (never claimed it would be direct bolt on or anything of that nature), there are other methods of producing the same outcome, without having the frame around the window to mount to. I also provided pricing on that option due to the fact that while it may not work on the Fiero, there are I'm sure those that have other cars that they might be interested in putting such a conversion on, so I might as well let them know the pricing.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantDirect Link to This Post
What is the weight difference between stock hinges and the lambo doors?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ravant:

What is the weight difference between stock hinges and the lambo doors?

The VDC are 15 pounds per side, 30 pounds for both. The ones made out of wood...I don't know j/k.

Edit: At least DECAH and VDI.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-09-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
A stock hinge weights what, maybe 1 pound? 2 at the most.
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantDirect Link to This Post
Yeah - I was just trying to figure out if they were light. Wasn't expecting them to be as light as stock hinges. Was just trying to see how much of an addition over stock that they would be.
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

It would be about 15lbs - 17lbs per side.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hi Chris, sorry about Tuesday night. I got your post late and had a meeting to attend. Did you get my mesages tonight? I've had to take a shift on Thursday and will away on Saturday. Can I drop those doors of on Sunday at all? It would be good if we could touch base verbally.

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi Jay,

No problem about Tuesday night. I just received your message and can give you a shout tomorrow evening, just let me know what time you would like me calling at. And Sunday works perfect for me, we will discuss a time and get that all setup.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2007 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hi Chris. Today is friday. Call me anytime today on my cell. I'll PM the number to you.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xtreme-Doors:
1.) Universal Weld-on 105° Lambo Door System ($400)

Xtreme-Doors

that doesnt fly with me
PFF
System Bot
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2007 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
While we do offer the universal application, we will also be offering a Direct Bolt-on Application. The reason for the Universal applications is because it offers more travel, but again its just that, an option.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Chris sent you a PM. FYi folks. When I was at Chris's shop, although I only posted a pic on one hinge, there were a number of different products there.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I dropped off a set of Fiero doors at Chris's shop tonight, and while I was there I got a good look at a Sunfire they were finishing. Very nice. I got a demonstration, and the doors worked very well.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 04-16-2007).]

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to drop everyone a line and let you all know that we have indeed completed the design process for the Lambo / Vertical Door System. This kit is an absolute Direct Bolt-On Application. The parts are in the process of being made and should be ready for next week. Again thank you to all those that have helped out and I will have pictures of the real deal as of next week. I have attached a 3D model of exactly what the kit will look like.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Assuming all the holes line up that should work, but where does the strut go, or is that little hexagonal thing the strut?

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-19-2007).]

cheetah

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
I am sure that I can speak for many others in saying, that if it really is a bolt-on, I will buy one right away.

------------------
http://www.cheetahonline.com
My Fiero

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

The strut was not included in the picture, the hexagon thing that you refer to is our lower pivotal point system. Did not include the gas strut in the 3D Model as I did not have a need to model the shock.

I can assure you that this kit will be a Direct Bolt-On Vertical Door System and will have some pictures of this kit in action very soon.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Hi All,

The strut was not included in the picture, ...

I can assure you that this kit will be a Direct Bolt-On Vertical Door System and will have some pictures of this kit in action very soon.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Hi Chris,

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt...

but we have already seen one bolt-on solution where the holes didn't line up, so it's not a slam dunk...

And the strut placement is fairly crucial as to whether the whole thing will fit under the fender or not.

So I'm anxiously awaiting the pictures of the working hinge on a Fiero.
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi jscott1,

If you are refering to the "Floridian Connection" Vertical Door System, this was a universal kit that was being converted to fit the Fiero, where as this kit has been designed specifically for the Fiero and is not just another kit we are modifying.

The kit is fully self contained, so the placement of the shock is really not that crucial to fitting underneath the fender. Furthermore, the shock is mounted close enough to the pivot point where as not to be going anywhere near the fender.

I will have pics of the actual product as soon as the parts are ready and will gladly post the pics.

Thanks again,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Hi jscott1,

If you are refering to the "Floridian Connection" Vertical Door System, this was a universal kit that was being converted to fit the Fiero, where as this kit has been designed specifically for the Fiero and is not just another kit we are modifying.
Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Hi Chris...

Thanks for the info on the shock that is good news...

As for the "Floridian Connection" The problem wasn't that it was a universal kit modified, the problem is that the holes were drilled in the wrong place. Plenty of universal kits have been drilled correctly and installed successfully on Fieros. But they were all one-off custom jobs.

I'm a little nervous that the Fiero might have too much variation in the space frame for a 100% bolt-on kit. Remember that the Fiero is made different from all other cars. There is always a risk when you do something for the first time that it might not work.
PFF
System Bot
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi jscott1,

Glad to hear the shock info helped out. I completely understand what you mean, as with any new product there is always the chance that variations need to be made, and once we go to test fit everything we will make sure all necessary changes are made to adapt to the frame for future kits. What we did use in helping us make the Vertical Door System was the original door hinges, thus providing us with areas we know have relatively flat mounting surfaces.

As for the holes being in the wrong place, while this is true, if you look they did not have room on that kit to accomodate for the spacing of the door mount bolts, and to get around this only mounted it via 2 bolts on the door. We utilize all 4 bolt holes to create a better, and more secure mount.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
I'm gonna keep my eye on this. If the actual pics look as good as the design sign me up for a set
twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2007 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
Past communication failures….Forgiven….. and I am now the one apologizing for my past rants….
You talk the talk and are applauded for attempting to walk the walk
Keep it up Chris ….put You /your company and London on the map…and PUT your product on OUR cars !!!

If we are nominating someone for the " free set"... i honestly believe Jay( upon his approval) would be a prime canadate...

* see signature.....have fun!!!!

------------------
It isnt re-creation....its recreation!!!!

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Weehoo! I am sooooo in there! lol. This way I might afford the new ball joints and tie rods that my car really needs.

Just kidding guys.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2007 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I hope so !!!

Right now my car has every body panel off it, and it sure as crap would be nice to put it back together with doors the way they are supposed to work ;-)
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2007 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by twocoda:

Past communication failures….Forgiven….. and I am now the one apologizing for my past rants….
You talk the talk and are applauded for attempting to walk the walk
Keep it up Chris ….put You /your company and London on the map…and PUT your product on OUR cars !!!

If we are nominating someone for the " free set"... i honestly believe Jay( upon his approval) would be a prime canadate...

* see signature.....have fun!!!!

I second that !!!!....its actually thanks to Jay that my Fiero works at all, if anybody deserves a break he is the guy.
rubyredfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rubyredfieroSend a Private Message to rubyredfieroDirect Link to This Post
It does not matter who gets the proto, but if nominations are in order how about Pete and Becky (pff - PBJ)? As a couple they have done more than enough for the Fiero community. I for one hardly ever miss a gathering in London. Oscar.
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you's all know that Jay will infact be receiving a free kit for all of the help he has provided us with. Not to mention we will be doing the install for him free of charge as well (sorry to hear about the car as well Jay).

Again as soon as the parts are finished I will have them posted and then we can begin getting this test fitted onto a car and getting this product to work flawlessly.

Thanks,

Chris Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I will be most grateful, and will definatley spread the word. I am trying to get things worked out with the Fieros.ca domain, and I will post pics there as well.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock