Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  2004 WestFest, July 16-18, San Simeon, CA info thread (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
2004 WestFest, July 16-18, San Simeon, CA info thread by fierobear
Started on: 05-17-2004 01:05 AM
Replies: 523
Last post by: fierobear on 07-19-2004 12:45 AM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2004 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I like the 350Z Blue but I went with a GM Factory Blue
I even plan on bringing a FULL set of tools too or is that a bad thing o'well just in case.

Woo Hoo! Page 7!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 07-09-2004).]

IP: Logged
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what spare parts to bring for the 3100. I was finally used to the 'mandatory road trip parts' for the 2.8 and not it all changes!
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

I don't know what spare parts to bring for the 3100. I was finally used to the 'mandatory road trip parts' for the 2.8 and not it all changes!

As far as I know, the 3.1 and the 2.8 use the same tools, but there ya go!

--- Goobz!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Mine is not a 3.1 though.. It is a 3100SFI... Completely different engine... But then, I am sure that it is so dependable that I won't need to worry about it anyway!
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Mine is not a 3.1 though.. It is a 3100SFI... Completely different engine... But then, I am sure that it is so dependable that I won't need to worry about it anyway!

Well if ya need something, let me know before Friday. I have to drive right past a yard that has 3 3100SFI engines ripe for the picking on my way to WestFest.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
i need some time off guys.
Is it time to go yet?
friday can't come soon enough.EGR tube and 2 back tires and im readey to go.I got the mp3 discs made and the ice chest is waiting for ice.

John(spddy)I cant afford the trip and fix my facia right know after we get back and i make some more money ok

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

John(spddy)I cant afford the trip and fix my facia right know after we get back and i make some more money ok

whenever your ready

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

i need some time off guys.
Is it time to go yet?
friday can't come soon enough.EGR tube and 2 back tires and im readey to go.I got the mp3 discs made and the ice chest is waiting for ice.

Brentwood!?!?!?!? I didn't think anyone there knew what a Fiero was shy of a Ferrari!

--- Goobz!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I don't know anything about the Brentwood from where Pokey is from, but it is not the O.J. Brentwood.. This one is somewhere up around the Bay Area... May be all Ferraris up there too!
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Hey pokey , when are you headin down?

For all interested in caravaning down on fri,lets plan it

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by spddy:

Be sure to post what you're going to do. I'm getting out of work at 3:00 Friday so if things work out, I'll catch up with you guys.

PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Wow! It's this week already! Holly **** !

For those of you that need to be brought upto date, check the events calendar at Fieros West - http://fieroswest.westcoastfiero.com/events - and read the schpeal about the event.

Also, PLEASE if you have reserved a room and have NOT pre-reg'd either by mail, or by website, please do so as we are still trying to figure out where the booked up rooms went with a little over half the people registered and reserved! Thank you..

--- Goobz!

------------------
"Real American Heroes - Today we solute you, Mr. Ford Truck Towing A Fiero Guy. When most people don't even know what a Fiero is, let alone just where the motor is, you seem to somehow fit right in. You see the looks people give to that car with the PIAA light conversion, the 2" drop springs, big scoops on the hood, and the 19" tires that are bigger than the car itself, and get a kick out of their reactions. You get all warm and gooshy inside by knowing you help out children in need by putting smiles on their faces, whenever you drive by with that car on the trailer all lit up with neon. A car that isn't made anymore, is kept alive by being the prize posession of most of their owners who spend 5 times more than what they paid for them to gain a few more horsepower, and loose a couple seconds off their 1/4 mile, and spend many of nights sleeping "in the dog house" because of it. You help them save their paychecks on tow bills by being the "Fieros West & WCF Support Vehicle". So crack open a drink, Fiero Tower Guy, and know that the Fiero community appreciates your participation & support. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be able to show Corvettes and Porches just how Mean the "M" in 2M6 can get!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Still haven't gotten a confirmation after registering Rie's car for the show... Is that function working correctly?

Is that class breakdown of registrants public yet?

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-11-2004).]

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Still haven't gotten a confirmation after registering Rie's car for the show... Is that function working correctly?

Is that class breakdown of registrants public yet?

Boy someone is a little behind the times, ain't they! Read Page 6, about half way down!

--- Goobz!

Malakyt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalakytClick Here to visit Malakyt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MalakytDirect Link to This Post
guys... i am prolly gonna change my registration for the show... i wanna be in the work in prog class... is that possible? Now that it wont be finished.

-Daniel

Malakyt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalakytClick Here to visit Malakyt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MalakytDirect Link to This Post

Malakyt

731 posts
Member since Jun 2003
double post....

[This message has been edited by Malakyt (edited 07-11-2004).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Malakyt:

guys... i am prolly gonna change my registration for the show... i wanna be in the work in prog class... is that possible? Now that it wont be finished.

-Daniel

Sure, no big deal.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

i'm open to any time on friday as long as i don't get caught driving at night.Driving at night has proven to be a bad thing.
It would be great to ride in a group as long as it's not a slow group.
Is it just me and you cause i know bear is heading out wed or tues.
I'm ok with anything 90, 95 average but get bored and fall asleep under that.Long trips are hard on me.
I know you drive in the 3 dig range and up and that will be fine with me.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 07-11-2004).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16189 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

Brentwood!?!?!?!? I didn't think anyone there knew what a Fiero was shy of a Ferrari!

--- Goobz!

No way bro .
I'm talking about the good brentwood.
We aint got no murders up here that are not helping the corn grow.Cops,Trials and ferraris are for southern california.
Got lots of vipers and a few lambos running around though.
We got about 20 fieros around town although half of them are here on the ranch.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

i'm open to any time on friday as long as i don't get caught driving at night.Driving at night has proven to be a bad thing.
I'm ok with anything 90, 95 average but get bored and fall asleep under that.Long trips are hard on me.

Let me know what you guys are doing, cause I'm all for making it a quick trip. If I can, I'll catch up with you.

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunatly developed a new oil leak playing with different boost so this ones gonna get trailered down so 75-80 is about my limit

PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunatly developed a new oil leak playing with different boost so this ones gonna get trailered down so 75-80 is about my limit

thats a bummer and a half.
well i guess we can just cruise but i'm gonna need a lot of caffien to stay awake.Maybe we can arrange to meet on the road and get scott in on the group.
Can't you fix it by friday?
you need any help/I'm available at night till about dawn.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Is anybody bringing extra parts to trade/sell? The swap meet area is where I spend most of my time at most car shows. I'm thinking about bring along some stuff...
Malakyt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalakytClick Here to visit Malakyt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MalakytDirect Link to This Post
songman... i will bring parts but only what is requested. I dont have a lot of room for them. I do have a set of Aux gauges if anyone needs em. Other parts too... just lmk

-Daniel

RBeaubien

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a rear anti-roll bar for an 88 cradle? I'm going to do an 88 cradle swap from my 88 coupe parts car, but will need the roll bar. (Not even sure if I can put this in the Fiero to travel with it) :-)

- Robert Beaubien
-

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I've got a box full of parts, but it all seems to be stuff that no one wants (doesn't sell on eBay or the Mall). If you're looking for something in particular, just ask and if I have it I will bring it. Don't forget Songman, I may go by a yard that has some 3100 engines if you need anything.
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

-Daniel

I will make a note of it, and change your registration for you!

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

You can always load the car up on the trailer, and I can cruise by your pad and pick it up, and you can run with the rest of the "big boys" to the show! ha ha

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

Originally posted by RBeaubien:

Anyone have a rear anti-roll bar for an 88 cradle? I'm going to do an 88 cradle swap from my 88 coupe parts car, but will need the roll bar. (Not even sure if I can put this in the Fiero to travel with it) :-)

- Robert Beaubien
-

Can I make a suggestion for you!?!?!?!? I know when we went to Kansas and watched the course racing, the guys with the 88's and the rear sway bar had a hell of a time doing anything with that car... Like Chris West said, you actually don't need the sway bar on that car at all, because of the way the suspension is setup!

What I would suggest, call Chris West (310) 305-4111, and talk to him... Tell him that Goober suggested you call and get his opinion on needing, or not needing the sway bar on an 88 cradle, and he'll give you the whole 10 minute schpeal on it!

--- Goobz!

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

songman... i will bring parts but only what is requested. I dont have a lot of room for them. I do have a set of Aux gauges if anyone needs em. Other parts too... just lmk

-Daniel

I could use a set of Aux gauges! EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp), Boost (gotta be a guage that goes to 30psi), and an Engine Oil Temp guage (gotta go to 320) would be nice!

--- Goobz!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I think spddy has a sway bar from an 88 if you decide you need it... and if he decides he wants to sell it. I'm bringing mostly small stuff that people can carry in Fieros.... EGR covers, Trans Am vents, aux gauge sets, etc... Not sure what all I can put together yet.
PFF
System Bot
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post

Okay all.. Here we go... If I know the persons Pennock's name, I will post it.. However, I don't know everyones...

Name: kevin rye
City: Canyon Country ca
Class: Daily Driver

There ya go... These are the website pre-reg'd entries... I appologize to everyone for the server not sending you the response saying that we got your registration. I am fixing that this weekend, so it now will do it from now on!

--- Goobz!

that one is me! im bringing my 99% stock 87GT i love that car. so what can we do if we didnt get the pre-reg info? should we register again, or do we still get the discount at the door?

------------------

1985 Pontiac Fiero 2.5 SE, 219,500 miles and still runing!!!
more pics of my 85 can be found here
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 139,000 miles! Cat less, but otherwise damn near stock!
1987 Pontiac Fiero 2.8 SE, 54,000 miles :( parts car RIP

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post

tednelson83

1993 posts
Member since Jul 2002
i have a small box of parts i could bring. i have a set of good rear speakers i took out of my GT, they still sound perfect, but i got a set of pioneers. several dogbones, among other junk.
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Anyone interested in a red carbon fiber/kevlar nonsunroof headliner?
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

spddy

815 posts
Member since Mar 2003

You can always load the car up on the trailer, and I can cruise by your pad and pick it up, and you can run with the rest of the "big boys" to the show! ha ha

Thanks Goob, It still runs great, only leaks aruond 4500 rpm, so no fun speed runs

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Anyone interested in a red carbon fiber/kevlar nonsunroof headliner?

Sounds like something some of these guys with the red 308 kits could use...

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Wow.. Its getting even closer than I thought.. Wholly **** .. Should I turn my 2-Ways on now, and wait for people passing through the L.A. Area! ha ha... I'll see ya'll there!

--- Goobz!

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
The paint guy just told us we wont get the car for a few more days It is Mon now, wont get the car back (maybe) tell Wen that means on thurs I need to put all the body panels on put the interior in finnish up the wire harness put on the new disk brakes and lines bleed the system, greasse the suspension, instal the windshield trim, sunroof seal, inner fender wells, radio, trunk carpet, lights and on and on. If I got the car back by the first due date I would have been Good. The second due date OK. The third due date was VERRY close. And this FOURTH due date is just out of the Question NO WAY I CAN BE THEIR NOW WITH THE CAR I am a little upset right now. And this new due date comes after I talked to him last week and he got mad at me for asking if it would be done in time.
Looks like the 3.5 Fiero wont be there. We will show up in our 3.5 Intrigue to see the the other great cars.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I hoped you chewed him good after this and reminded him what an @$$ he was when you started getting concerned.. That really burns me! I think you should post his number here on the forum and after you get your car back we can all start calling him and telling him what a jerk he is... and as a bonus we can keep him so busy on the phone that he really can't get anything done! haha

I'm sorry to hear that Rick. I really do think you should tell this idiot off AFTER you get your car back. Is he at least knocking some off the price? I think you should still bring the car and at least put it in Display Only so everyone can see that great looking install. Just get the body panels on and don't worry about the rest of your goodies right now.

Rie's car is supposed to be being painted this morning.. I pity the guy if he calls and tells me it won't be ready! haha... Our entire dining room is full of interior parts I have to start putting in!

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

The paint guy just told us we wont get the car for a few more days It is Mon now, wont get the car back (maybe) tell Wen that means on thurs I need to put all the body panels on put the interior in finnish up the wire harness put on the new disk brakes and lines bleed the system, greasse the suspension, instal the windshield trim, sunroof seal, inner fender wells, radio, trunk carpet, lights and on and on. If I got the car back by the first due date I would have been Good. The second due date OK. The third due date was VERRY close. And this FOURTH due date is just out of the Question NO WAY I CAN BE THEIR NOW WITH THE CAR I am a little upset right now. And this new due date comes after I talked to him last week and he got mad at me for asking if it would be done in time.
Looks like the 3.5 Fiero wont be there. We will show up in our 3.5 Intrigue to see the the other great cars.

Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, Hello - and thank you for calling the Better Business Bureau. To file a complaint press 1 -- (sound of button pressed).

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock