Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  2004 WestFest, July 16-18, San Simeon, CA info thread (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
2004 WestFest, July 16-18, San Simeon, CA info thread by fierobear
Started on: 05-17-2004 01:05 AM
Replies: 523
Last post by: fierobear on 07-19-2004 12:45 AM
RBeaubien

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KitKar:

I'm going too. I originally was planning on leaving Friday, but I talked the ol' lady into going Thursday.

PM me your email address and I will add you to the list those going so you will get any notifications via Email

------------------

www.fieroexcitement.com
www.azfieros.com
AzFieros Phoenix Area Event Coordinator / Webmaster

IP: Logged
Malakyt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalakytClick Here to visit Malakyt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MalakytDirect Link to This Post
SWEET... so many fieros! I seriously cant wait for this trip. I have never been to a fiero gathering... or a car show. So this should be a great experience for my habit. LOL... i guess i will plan on leaving at 4am to get to phoenix by around 6 then we can leave from there... Maybe we should meet at a coffee shop though.

-Dan

RBeaubien

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Malakyt:

SWEET... so many fieros! I seriously cant wait for this trip. I have never been to a fiero gathering... or a car show. So this should be a great experience for my habit. LOL... i guess i will plan on leaving at 4am to get to phoenix by around 6 then we can leave from there... Maybe we should meet at a coffee shop though.

-Dan

Rick has graciously offered for us to meet at his shop for coffee and donuts. His shop is at 54th Ave and McDowell which is right off I-10. I live at 51st Ave and Peoria so it is on the way for all of us so far.

WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Malakyt:

SWEET... so many fieros! I seriously cant wait for this trip. I have never been to a fiero gathering... or a car show. So this should be a great experience for my habit.
-Dan

Get ready to spend a weekend with people who are actually as crazed (if not MORE) about their Fieros as you are!

STUK'N'80s

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STUK'N'80sSend a Private Message to STUK'N'80sDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WKDFIRO:

Get ready to spend a weekend with people who are actually as crazed (if not MORE) about their Fieros as you are!

Hey! I'm not crazed about my Fiero's....or am I? No really, I'm not? Please stop these voices in my head driving me crazy!!

Ooops! kinda got carried away there....Rest assured every attendee is gonna have a blast.

^^^

STUK'N'80s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STUK'N'80sSend a Private Message to STUK'N'80sDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

The official WestFest registrants so far...

Chris Sideris
Robert Beaubien

I will keep this update as we go!

As of 05/22/04
Jon Tinay (2 Fieros)
Daniel Caddell
Tes Tessema
Chris West
Roy Welsh
Dave J.

As of 05/23/04
John Sparza

Hey! Goobs...how's about an update on new entries...I especially wanted to get an update on the number of southern Cali people who will probably be caravaning up to San Simeon on thursday.

^^^

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Our entry depends on whether or not we get the new custom interior and new paint job on Rie's car completed or not. We won't know till after we get back at the beginning of July.... But we are definitely in for the caravan!
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Well it looks like I might have to withdraw the black 88 due to some more tranny probs & no time to get it done
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spddy:

Well it looks like I might have to withdraw the black 88 due to some more tranny probs & no time to get it done

Your still comming, right? Don't you have a silver fastback, also?

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by STUK'N'80s:

Hey! Goobs...how's about an update on new entries...I especially wanted to get an update on the number of southern Cali people who will probably be caravaning up to San Simeon on thursday.

^^^

I would if there was anyone else that prereg'd... As I think Songman said... There's like 5% of the Fiero community that actually pre-register for events. Even though, I think it has been mentioned...

Nevermind the upgrade in fee's... I guess I was just blowing air out my patunia hole!

[This message has been edited by FordsNeverDie (edited 06-03-2004).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

I would if there was anyone else that prereg'd... As I think Songman said... There's like 5% of the Fiero community that actually pre-register for events. Even though, I think it has been mentioned... For those not prereged, the price will be increased by $10 at the gate. So instead of the price listed on the FierosWest Event Calendar, the price will be increased by $10 just FYI for everyone!

Really? When did we decide that? I don't even remember it being talked about.

At $45, that's an amount where late registering people might say "screw it, I'm not showing"

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Are you guys driving the truck when you come down on Monday? When we get to Ventura on Tuesday we are within an hour and a half of WCF. Why not trailer the beast down and leave it with them? Then maybe Goobher will have a trip back up your way in the next few weeks and can pull your car and trailer back to you after it is fixed... It's worth asking about anyway...

I think $45 would scare people off too.. I think the lack of RSVPs and pre-regs is just something that we have to live with... If we don't have enough food and such, we can just all point and snarl at the people who didn't let us know they were coming! haha

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 06-03-2004).]

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by FordsNeverDie (edited 06-03-2004).]

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

Originally posted by Songman:

Are you guys driving the truck when you come down on Monday? When we get to Ventura on Tuesday we are within an hour and a half of WCF. Why not trailer the beast down and leave it with them? Then maybe Goobher will have a trip back up your way in the next few weeks and can pull your car and trailer back to you after it is fixed... It's worth asking about anyway...

Of course I'm bringing the truck! I gotta make sure everyone gets everywhere okay in their Fieros! Whatever you decide, just let me know... I don't mind grabbing it from you, and brining it back up.. The woman has a friend that lives in SacTown anywayz, so it would give her/us an excuse to get up that way!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunatly with all the racing im involved in I cannot give up the Trailer forANY amount of time
Any one have any other suggestions HELP
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunatly with all the racing im involved in I cannot give up the Trailer forANY amount of time
Any one have any other suggestions HELP

If I can get a trailer, will that work?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Bring your car on the trailer when you come to my wedding. Take it and drop it off at WCF. Take your trailer home. When your car is ready if no one down there is coming your way with a trailer, I'm sure you can get someone to drive you down and let you drive it home...
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Bring your car on the trailer when you come to my wedding. Take it and drop it off at WCF. Take your trailer home. When your car is ready if no one down there is coming your way with a trailer, I'm sure you can get someone to drive you down and let you drive it home...

Or like I said.. I can more than likely get a trailer for the weekend when we come up there to WestFest.. If you want me to, I will check into it!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Goober but the prob is I was going to show at west fest The black one and the now(alnost) blue formula. The black one with the noise its making has already mared the flywheel enough to where it will prob need resurfacing
Song man, How tacky would it be to tow a car to & from your wedding Also I have to come back up tues night to see what sort of nightmares the guys left me while im gone
Also im in the points running so I dont have any free time on weekends to even get down there

[This message has been edited by spddy (edited 06-03-2004).]

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Goober but the prob is I was going to show at west fest The black one and the now(alnost) blue formula. The black one with the noise its making has already mared the flywheel enough to where it will prob need resurfacing

What about the tranny out of the Fiero that Chris & Anthony gave you?

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
DEAD, Needs a complete rebuild
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Tacky to tow a Fiero to my wedding? We're thrilled that you are coming at all! You can always unhook the trailer and lock it up at the motel while we are actually gone to the wedding! haha

We are getting married at 10am Tuesday morning in Cambria.. The reception doesn't start until 3pm. It would be a lot of driving but there is time for you to take the car on down to WCF if you wanted to.. It's just a thought. I'd like to see you have that car ready to go to WestFest.. That tranny has been a nightmare!

If we weren't leaving the country, I'd offer to come up with my trailer and bring it down here.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Tacky to tow a Fiero to my wedding? We're thrilled that you are coming at all! You can always unhook the trailer and lock it up at the motel while we are actually gone to the wedding! haha

We are getting married at 10am Tuesday morning in Cambria.. The reception doesn't start until 3pm. It would be a lot of driving but there is time for you to take the car on down to WCF if you wanted to.. It's just a thought. I'd like to see you have that car ready to go to WestFest.. That tranny has been a nightmare!

If we weren't leaving the country, I'd offer to come up with my trailer and bring it down here.

So since you guys are leaving the country, why can't we use your trailer!? I can cum up there and pick it up, and go from there, and keep it with me.. Doesn't matter though... Just a thought!

--- Goobher!

------------------
"Real American Heroes - Today we solute you, Mr. Ford Truck Towing A Fiero Guy. When most people don't even know what a Fiero is, let alone just where the motor is, you seem to somehow fit right in. You see the looks people give to that car with the PIAA light conversion, the 2" drop springs, big scoops on the hood, and the 19" tires that are bigger than the car itself, and get a kick out of their reactions. You get all warm and gooshy inside by knowing you help out children in need by putting smiles on their faces, whenever you drive by with that car on the trailer all lit up with neon. A car that isn't made anymore, is kept alive by being the prize posession of most of their owners who spend 5 times more than what they paid for them to gain a few more horsepower, and loose a couple seconds off their 1/4 mile, and spend many of nights sleeping "in the dog house" because of it. You help them save their paychecks on tow bills by being the "Fieros West & WCF Support Vehicle". So crack open a drink, Fiero Tower Guy, and know that the Fiero community appreciates your participation & support. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be able to show Corvettes and Porches just how Mean the "M" in 2M6 can get!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Because it is already being used by a buddy of mine. Other than that I would.. He is using it to move fence railings on a big job he's working on...
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2004 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I've been working on the info fliers, and hope to have them ready for Sears Point this weekend, and I can bring some to Songman's wedding for any fiero folk that are there, and the WCF people can take some back with them.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2004 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
You're coming to the wedding? Very cool! Let me know when you are coming so we can plan on meeting you. Are you coming down with spddy?

I don't think any WCF, or any other Fiero people at all, are coming. I think a couple are coming to the reception though. We knew that getting married on a Tuesday morning would make it tough for some people to make it.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

You're coming to the wedding? Very cool! Let me know when you are coming so we can plan on meeting you. Are you coming down with spddy?

I don't think any WCF, or any other Fiero people at all, are coming. I think a couple are coming to the reception though. We knew that getting married on a Tuesday morning would make it tough for some people to make it.

Yeah, I'll be coming down with spddy. I can stay for the reception, and since it's in Ventura, maybe I'll just go down to WCF afterward.

STUK'N'80s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STUK'N'80sSend a Private Message to STUK'N'80sDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Yeah, I'll be coming down with spddy. I can stay for the reception, and since it's in Ventura, maybe I'll just go down to WCF afterward.

See ya there John...If you bring down any fliers for Westfest I will be glad to distribute some for you!

^^^

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Ummm... As long as there is ample space to park my `88 GT F-250 conversion, I will be there with the woman - if that is okay, and we are invited, of course!

--- Goobher!

PS: Should we put your wedding on the FierosWest calendar of events!?

RBeaubien

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2004 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post
ttt
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2004 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Only 36 more days
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2004 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend
RBeaubien

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2004 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post
Man am I ready for this trip. I am so tired of working on the Fiero right now, I need a cali trip to relax. Problem is, I just keep thinking of other things to do to the car. ARRGGHHH!!!!! This disease is maddening sometimes!!
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2004 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
So who all is bringing they 2-Way GMRS radios besides me!
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2004 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Got our 2 way radios! Bought them just for this trip, now to finish the car.

------------------

Rickady88GT QuadCam 3.5 V6

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Got our 2 way radios! Bought them just for this trip, now to finish the car.

Kewl.. For those of you that *do* have GMRS / FS radios and will be bringing them, lets use one specific frequency for the event.. This will be especially helpful doing the Field Marshalling and everything, and updates and everything.. For instance... The GMRS radios I have were bought for me from the company, so they like to get the big bad ones (10 mile, 3 watt) that work from one end of Disneyland, to the other end, including being inside Space Mountain!

This way, if when we are ready for events to happen, tech session, etc., we can use the radios to help gather the crowd as well, sort of a "quiet" P.A. system if you will...

Most GMRS radios, Channel's 1-22 are the same, and the same for the first 35 privacy codes. So you may need to check your manual to verify the frequency and PLL / CTCSS codes (also known as "privacy codes"). If anyone else has any suggestions on another good way front line means of communications, please let us know! I noticed at the Knotts Berry Farm thing, that there were actually quite a few people in our group that had them.

Channel to use: 3 (462.6125)
"Private Code" : 11 (97.4)

For upto date information on this event, make sure you visit the Fieros West Website Event Calendar.

------------------
"Real American Heroes - Today we solute you, Mr. Ford Truck Towing A Fiero Guy. When most people don't even know what a Fiero is, let alone just where the motor is, you seem to somehow fit right in. You see the looks people give to that car with the PIAA light conversion, the 2" drop springs, big scoops on the hood, and the 19" tires that are bigger than the car itself, and get a kick out of their reactions. You get all warm and gooshy inside by knowing you help out children in need by putting smiles on their faces, whenever you drive by with that car on the trailer all lit up with neon. A car that isn't made anymore, is kept alive by being the prize posession of most of their owners who spend 5 times more than what they paid for them to gain a few more horsepower, and loose a couple seconds off their 1/4 mile, and spend many of nights sleeping "in the dog house" because of it. You help them save their paychecks on tow bills by being the "Fieros West & WCF Support Vehicle". So crack open a drink, Fiero Tower Guy, and know that the Fiero community appreciates your participation & support. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be able to show Corvettes and Porches just how Mean the "M" in 2M6 can get!

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
"O" dear good grief...

only 31 days left, and things are still on order....

At this rate, the GT's not going to make it....

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2004 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Ya, mine is still in the body shop? Man this is cutting it close When I get it back I need to do alot of work on it.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2004 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
If your cars aren't finished, enter in the Daily Driver, Work in Progress or even Display (no judging, no competition) classification.
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2004 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
i plan to attend this event, and i have allready preregistered my 87 GT for the daily driver class, but i dont think i want to reny my own room for just me, i couldnt afford that any way. i want to know if i could room up with someone, even if i have to take up a piece of floor. email me or PM me if you can spare the space.

------------------

1985 Pontiac Fiero 2.5 SE, 218,500 miles and still runing!!!
more pics of my 85 can be found here
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 136,000 miles! She's alive finaly!
1987 Pontiac Fiero 2.8 SE, 54,000 miles :( parts car

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock