Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  2004 WestFest, July 16-18, San Simeon, CA info thread (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
2004 WestFest, July 16-18, San Simeon, CA info thread by fierobear
Started on: 05-17-2004 01:05 AM
Replies: 523
Last post by: fierobear on 07-19-2004 12:45 AM
spddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2004 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Ya, mine is still in the body shop? Man this is cutting it close When I get it back I need to do alot of work on it.

I know that feeling all to well

IP: Logged
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2004 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Damn.. 4 pages now, and we are still about a month away! Sheesh!

Hey all... I updated the events page (click here) with hotel information. I have noticed a few people wondering on here if others have room to bunk with, etc., and I don't know what the hotel availablity is still, so if you are having a problem getting a room, or would like to bunk with someone, and if you are someone that is courteous enough to share your room (me and the ms. are sharing our room with others), then visit the events page, and send a quck email letting me know... I will then email the people willing to share with the email address of people that would like to be the share-ee!

Current count as of this morning, there are 11 cars that have pre-reg'd. Again, pre-reg'ing is not a requirement, but it *does* help us out that are doing stuff at the event *tramendously*! I have seen all these people on here saying they are coming, but not pre-reg'd. If you don't mind, please visit the event site listed above, and click the "pre-reg" link at the bottom of the page. The form has 7 or 8 quick questions on it, and it won't take you but maybe 2 or 3 minutes to complete. It would be appreciated!

--- Goobz!

rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2004 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincDirect Link to This Post
Posting an update.
Just called this morning to book a room, there are still a number of rooms left under the Dale Huston Fiero group available. Dale blocked a large number of rooms for the group. It was kind of hard to make the desk clerk understand I was with the group. (He was a new employee) If you call, make sure you talk to someone that knows about the group, there shouldn't be a problem.
If you don't tell them you are with the group, there are no rooms available. They have all been booked.
Hope to see everyone there.

Bob

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2004 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rgeeinc:

It was kind of hard to make the desk clerk understand I was with the group. (He was a new employee)

Doesn't matter if it is a new employee or not! When I made my reservations a month ago, the two people running the front desk took about 10 minutes to figure out what I was talking about!

------------------
"Real American Heroes - Today we solute you, Mr. Ford Truck Towing A Fiero Guy. When most people don't even know what a Fiero is, let alone just where the motor is, you seem to somehow fit right in. You see the looks people give to that car with the PIAA light conversion, the 2" drop springs, big scoops on the hood, and the 19" tires that are bigger than the car itself, and get a kick out of their reactions. You get all warm and gooshy inside by knowing you help out children in need by putting smiles on their faces, whenever you drive by with that car on the trailer all lit up with neon. A car that isn't made anymore, is kept alive by being the prize posession of most of their owners who spend 5 times more than what they paid for them to gain a few more horsepower, and loose a couple seconds off their 1/4 mile, and spend many of nights sleeping "in the dog house" because of it. You help them save their paychecks on tow bills by being the "Fieros West & WCF Support Vehicle". So crack open a drink, Fiero Tower Guy, and know that the Fiero community appreciates your participation & support. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be able to show Corvettes and Porches just how Mean the "M" in 2M6 can get!

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2004 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
friendly bump
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2004 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
the wheels on the fiero go bump, bump, bump
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2004 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tednelson83:

the wheels on the fiero go bump, bump, bump

Doesn't that mean you have a flat?

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2004 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
usualy
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2004 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Hey Charles, maybe you can pop in with updates now and then on how the prereg numbers are going? Would you be able to give me a count of what we have by class? I plan to order the trophies from the place in Reno while I'm passing through next Tuesday. I'm curious to see what cars we have so far by class.
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2004 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Hey Charles, maybe you can pop in with updates now and then on how the prereg numbers are going? Would you be able to give me a count of what we have by class? I plan to order the trophies from the place in Reno while I'm passing through next Tuesday. I'm curious to see what cars we have so far by class.

Oohh.. I read this earlier at WCF, and almost forgot to post about it... Here's the stats as of the time of this post...

Ted Nelson - 1 Daily Driver
John Sparza - 2 Stock
John Sparza - 1 Daily Driver
Sardonyx247 - 1 Daily Driver
Roy Welsh - 1 Custom
Chris West - 1 Modified
Tess - 1 Stock Formula
Daniel C. - 1 Daily Driver
John Tinay - 1 Modified
John Tinay - 1 Custom
Chris Sideris - 1 Custom
Robert Beaubien - 1 Modified

Here's the breakdown as it sits, right now... Could be better by the time we get there, seeing it's what - month 1/2 away!

PS: John S. Can you send me an email with the "list" of people that we have been emailing "behind the scenes". Had to redo the computer and I can't find the list of "behind the scenes" people, and I need to send an email to everyone!

Thanx!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2004 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

PS: John S. Can you send me an email with the "list" of people that we have been emailing "behind the scenes". Had to redo the computer and I can't find the list of "behind the scenes" people, and I need to send an email to everyone!

Thanx!

Thanks for the update.

PFF
System Bot
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
i still need to hear from someone reguarding weather or not i can room with someone. i just lost my fulltime job, so there is no way i could pay for my own, however i really want to go!
could someone please email me with am offer, otherwise ill just have yo sleep in the fiero, and if you have ever tryed that you know how much it sucks! LOL

anyhow, i am the first one on that list! yaaaaay!!!!!!

------------------

1985 Pontiac Fiero 2.5 SE, 218,500 miles and still runing!!!
more pics of my 85 can be found here
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 136,000 miles! She's alive finaly!
1987 Pontiac Fiero 2.8 SE, 54,000 miles :( parts car

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tednelson83:

i still need to hear from someone reguarding weather or not i can room with someone. i just lost my fulltime job, so there is no way i could pay for my own, however i really want to go!
could someone please email me with am offer, otherwise ill just have yo sleep in the fiero, and if you have ever tryed that you know how much it sucks! LOL

anyhow, i am the first one on that list! yaaaaay!!!!!!

Yes Ted, you are first on the list! However, I haven't gotten anyone emailing saying they are bunking their room out! Sorry so far bro!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

What is San Simeon near (city) ?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Yo FND, you can put me down for the Modified class It may still be under construction but that wont stop me
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

What is San Simeon near (city) ?

Cambria

The nearest city is San Luis Obispo. If that doesn't help, it's about halfway between L.A. and San Francisco, around 200 miles either way.

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
21 more days.better get workin
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Yo FND, you can put me down for the Modified class It may still be under construction but that wont stop me

Do me a favor Rick... Visit the website and fill out the prereg form.. That is the "official" way we are keeping track of people... I am printing out "dash cards" for people, like I did in Vegas, so that way you won't have to fill out the dash cards when you get there!

--- Goobz!

http://fieroswest.westcoastfiero.com/events

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Ok, pre-registered.

Now, lots more work to put the car together. Must work harder!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
19 days left
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
18 more to go
These late nights are killing me...
Hey rick hows your comming along

[This message has been edited by spddy (edited 06-30-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey spddy

My car is still in the paint shop, hope to have it home in the next few days. I keep working on my dash pod and try and organize a very big pile of parts that have to go on when it comes back. I want to be able to drive it around a good bit to make sure all is working good before I take off and drive it to the coast. We are both soo looking forward to West Fest!

How is your car coming along?

Rick

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
It is getting about that time, ain't it!
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

It is getting about that time, ain't it!

How's the latest pre-reg numbers looking?

SNMFX

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2004 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
I've got my room booked.
I'll be there in my Red convertible

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

How's the latest pre-reg numbers looking?

Well, I noticed the other day we started getting paid pre-reg's at WCF, which no one knew about there.. I guess that was a mis-communication between you and I John, not a big deal - as we are tending with it!

I believe that we are upto 15 or 16 now... We are getting about 2-3 a week, so hopefully it won't be too bad!

I noticed that Morehead"-for-your-money" (inside joke) said that everyone is leaving from WCF on Thursday, is this correct!?

The Fieros West website is actually being updated quite a bit! I have events being posted on there now that aren't even dealing with California Fiero events, so it seems to be a good event calendar for not only the west coast as I was looking at, but even east coast now.. So bear with me all in updating the website event calendar if it is a little behind!

--- Goobz!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spddy:

That would be correct!

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I pre-reg'd! Wow only 16 more days. I should figure out what I should be doing to get ready for a car show.

BTW Goober, everything I put under "Comments" was a joke. Would be pretty funny if it actually showed up on the window sticker though

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2004 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
15?
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2004 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I realy wanted the car by now But it is at the body shop and I have alot of work to do on it before the trip this aint looking good.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2004 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
There are only 5 rooms left at the Courtesy Inn. That's a total of 35 reserved. If you are going, it would be best to reserve before you get there, otherwise you might have trouble getting a room anywhere nearby, and if you do, it will be over $100/night.
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2004 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Should have brought it to my shop

I realy wanted the car by now But it is at the body shop and I have alot of work to do on it before the trip this aint looking good.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2004 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I am stuck now
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2004 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
13 HAPPY 4TH

[This message has been edited by spddy (edited 07-04-2004).]

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2004 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Is there going to be any parking/admission fee if we are just attending to check out the cars? I'd just like to come down on Saturday for some inspiration and whatnot... my car isn't even close to being ready for a show.

-Steven

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2004 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
No its free to attend

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

Is there going to be any parking/admission fee if we are just attending to check out the cars? I'd just like to come down on Saturday for some inspiration and whatnot... my car isn't even close to being ready for a show.

-Steven

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
only 12 more days
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
11 Days left until we have the real BBQ! Marg's and all with chef Goobz at the grill!

--- Goobz!

------------------
"Real American Heroes - Today we solute you, Mr. Ford Truck Towing A Fiero Guy. When most people don't even know what a Fiero is, let alone just where the motor is, you seem to somehow fit right in. You see the looks people give to that car with the PIAA light conversion, the 2" drop springs, big scoops on the hood, and the 19" tires that are bigger than the car itself, and get a kick out of their reactions. You get all warm and gooshy inside by knowing you help out children in need by putting smiles on their faces, whenever you drive by with that car on the trailer all lit up with neon. A car that isn't made anymore, is kept alive by being the prize posession of most of their owners who spend 5 times more than what they paid for them to gain a few more horsepower, and loose a couple seconds off their 1/4 mile, and spend many of nights sleeping "in the dog house" because of it. You help them save their paychecks on tow bills by being the "Fieros West & WCF Support Vehicle". So crack open a drink, Fiero Tower Guy, and know that the Fiero community appreciates your participation & support. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be able to show Corvettes and Porches just how Mean the "M" in 2M6 can get!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock