Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  2004 WestFest, July 16-18, San Simeon, CA info thread (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
2004 WestFest, July 16-18, San Simeon, CA info thread by fierobear
Started on: 05-17-2004 01:05 AM
Replies: 523
Last post by: fierobear on 07-19-2004 12:45 AM
FordsNeverDie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

2 Things:

UPDATE: As of today, 40 of the 40 rooms are reserved. THERE ARE NO MORE ROOMS AVAILABLE!!!! IF YOU HAVE BOOKED A ROOM AND HAVE NOT PRE-REG'D, CAN YOU PLEASE PRE-REG.. IT WON'T TAKE BUT 2 MINUTES! http://fieroswest.westcoastfiero.com/fieroprereg/registration.htm

Also John... Can you update the website link... I had to change it to stop the confusion I had going on!

http://fieroswest.westcoastfiero.com/events/2004/july.htm

IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
All rooms at our official Hotel, the Courtesy Inn, are SOLD OUT. Later today, I will post a list of other hotels nearby.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm.....I called again, just re-checking my room, hehehehe. Hey is Songman back yet?
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
10 for BBQ 11 for show
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, we're back! We had a great time but it is always good to come home! I'm glad to see that the rooms filled up while we were gone. I was starting to get worried! Looks like this is going to be a great show!

We're getting really excited about WestFest, but like everyone else we are under a crunch trying to get ready! With all the wedding planning and honeymooning. we are WAYYYY behind!

We've got some really great prizes coming in for the raffle at WestFest! The biggest prize so far was donated by Lee at Held Motorsports... Can anyone use a set or rear KYB coilovers? I'll have a complete page up soon of all the vendors who are chipping in...

We look forward to seeing everybody in San Simeon!

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Question: for the winners (not me) what type of tropies will be handed out? Cool ones like at Carlie's show?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
You need to get over that Display Only thing! You need to enter that car!
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:
We've got some really great prizes coming in for the raffle at WestFest! The biggest prize so far was donated by Lee at Held Motorsports... Can anyone use a set or rear KYB coilovers? I'll have a complete page up soon of all the vendors who are chipping in...

Good job, Dale!

I hate to add to you pile of things to do, but can you get us some goodies for the goodie bags? Stuff like pens, stickers, detailing samples, etc. Come to think of it, we need the bags themselves.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
We've had a few things promised in the way or goodie bags... I sent a separate message to vendors reminding them that they can send goodie bag stuff as well. I hadn't even thought about the bags! We'll come up with something.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

We've had a few things promised in the way or goodie bags... I sent a separate message to vendors reminding them that they can send goodie bag stuff as well. I hadn't even thought about the bags! We'll come up with something.

Ok, sounds good.

Mary has been talking with local Chambers of Commerce for mention on their websites, we should be able to get Cambria maps we can hand out when people get there, and we're getting in contact with the local newspaper.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000
*** Alternative hotels list ***

I've posted a list of other nearby hotels in the first post of this thread. If you couldn't get a reservation at our official hotel, I strongly urge you to try these other places ASAP. We'd hate to have you not make it because you don't have a place to stay.

PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, we're back! We had a great time but it is always good to come home! I'm glad to see that the rooms filled up while we were gone. I was starting to get worried! Looks like this is going to be a great show!

We're getting really excited about WestFest, but like everyone else we are under a crunch trying to get ready! With all the wedding planning and honeymooning. we are WAYYYY behind!

We look forward to seeing everybody in San Simeon!

If you have a webpage page going up, let me know so I can link the calendar to it!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Will do whenever I get it ready. Just getting all the info together at this point.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure if it is worth the effort, with less than 2 weeks to go before the show.

I had been thinking that maybe we should do a permanent site for the Westfest, something like fierowestfest.org

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

I'm not sure if it is worth the effort, with less than 2 weeks to go before the show.

I had been thinking that maybe we should do a permanent site for the Westfest, something like fierowestfest.org

Upto you if you want to pay the $70 a year for it! I think that between Dale & I, we have it pretty much covered! I know that I am starting to get a lot of requests now to put other groups events on the calendar, so it looks like it's a pretty general spot to hit nowadays!

--- Goobz!

http://fieroswest.westcoastfiero.com/events

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
FYI, Golden Gate has 2 more events we've added. One day trip with an overnight option, the other is a weekend trip. Mark your calenders, and I'll post and email more info when it is available:

Feather River run, August 21-22, through the feather river canyon and overnight at Quincy (about an hour north of Truckee).

Annual Wine Country drive, September 18, optional overnight at Clearlake.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:
Upto you if you want to pay the $70 a year for it! I think that between Dale & I, we have it pretty much covered! I know that I am starting to get a lot of requests now to put other groups events on the calendar, so it looks like it's a pretty general spot to hit nowadays!
-- Goobz!

Let's bring the idea up when we meet before or after the show.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
No need to pay $70 per year for web space anymore. I just updated all of my sites to LIFETIME server storage for $150 per domain! The only thing I have to pay beyond that is actual domain registration which can be had for $8 per year if you go to the right company...

Even with the West Coast Fiero calendar of events, I think a WestFest site might be a good idea. The site I will do is not so much to advertise WestFest but to thank, and advertise, vendors who donate raffle prizes. I maintain my California Coast Run site all year long.

Prices are getting cheap enough now that there is no reason not to have a website for major yearly events.

BTW - This $150 for Life is not an everyday price. It is a special deal that the webserver I use is having. They are only offering it to 50 accounts so if you can find out from whoever if they want to do it, now is the time!

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-06-2004).]

Malakyt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalakytClick Here to visit Malakyt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MalakytDirect Link to This Post
i have a question... how far is the beach from the show? And can you camp on the beach?

------------------

86gt Custom with Firebird Interior

Avid Fiero Enthusiast,
Daniel Caddell
If you think i am doing a great job please give me a positive

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys......I can't afford the time off to drive there, but I *might* consider flying in for a day or two to have some fun. My question is, what would be the best airport to fly into? Both LA and San Fran are about the same distance away (would make for a long drive). Is there a decent sized airport closer to the show that would be better to try?

This is still a question mark (as far as me actually going), but if I can swing it, I want to be sure I don't waste more time or $$ if flying in to a different airport would have been easier.

Thanks.

------------------

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Malakyt:

i have a question... how far is the beach from the show? And can you camp on the beach?

Its right accross the street, but as far as camping I'm not sure

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Hey guys......I can't afford the time off to drive there, but I *might* consider flying in for a day or two to have some fun. My question is, what would be the best airport to fly into? Both LA and San Fran are about the same distance away (would make for a long drive). Is there a decent sized airport closer to the show that would be better to try?

This is still a question mark (as far as me actually going), but if I can swing it, I want to be sure I don't waste more time or $$ if flying in to a different airport would have been easier.

Thanks.

The closest airport with scheduled service is San Luis Opispo, about 30 miles away. I doubt you'll get a cheap airfare into SLO, though. I'd try Frontier into San Jose, 165 miles, closer than LA. San Francisco is 40 miles further.

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2004 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I know Santa Barbara and some other nearby places have airports, but they're small airports. I doubt they have any carriers fly into them. If you own or rent a private plane, then you could get to a closer airport, but its still a little drive.

As for camping on the beach, I'm about 130 miles north of there on the coast and they don't allow camping on the beach. They kick everyone off at 10 on the State beaches. They don't patrol all night, but they will be back in the morning, is if you want to sleep on the beach you'll probably have to be a little sneaky about it.

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. It looks like L.A. is going to be the cheapest that fits my schedule. I found a flight that leaves Denver Friday night (after I get off work) and gets me back in Denver Sunday morning in time for work. That means that I would only miss one day of work (I work weekends).

I would have to rent a car at LAX, but that won't cost too much......I guess I have to decide if it is worth the expense. I'll let you know.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mike! I hope you can work it out and come out and see us! I'm sure there are some folks from the L.A. area that might have an extra seat...
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Hey Mike! I hope you can work it out and come out and see us! I'm sure there are some folks from the L.A. area that might have an extra seat...

I don't know.. I would just drive that 13 second Fiero right down here, up I-80 to I-5 and keep on truckin!

--- Goobz!

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
9 days for BBQ, 10 for Show!

Ha Ha! I got it this time! I've been waiting to get to post that. I'm done now.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Charles. How's the pre-reg numbers looking?

BTW, the BBQ is on Saturday, at lunch time, during the show. Friday is the welcome reception, snacks, drinks, tech session, and schmoozefest.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 07-07-2004).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Janell had said something about maybe doing a bonfire type thing on Friday night. It will probably be pretty cold on the beach though so if anyone wants to do that make sure and bring jackets or blankets. Across the street from the hotel, above the beach, there are outside firepits with chairs. Might be an idea if some people want to stray away from the warmth of the heated pool area at the hotel.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Janell had said something about maybe doing a bonfire type thing on Friday night. It will probably be pretty cold on the beach though so if anyone wants to do that make sure and bring jackets or blankets. Across the street from the hotel, above the beach, there are outside firepits with chairs. Might be an idea if some people want to stray away from the warmth of the heated pool area at the hotel.

We have the welcome reception at 5pm, and it continues through the tech session at 7pm. Maybe later in the evening, around 9 or 10pm?

WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post
Although we are literally within ear shot of the beach and it is across the street, the "street" is more highway than street and theres a chainlink fence going across to discourage crossing, if memory serves.
PFF
System Bot
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WKDFIRO:

Although we are literally within ear shot of the beach and it is across the street, the "street" is more highway than street and theres a chainlink fence going across to discourage crossing, if memory serves.

Since when have we ever let a little obsticle stop us

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

We have the welcome reception at 5pm, and it continues through the tech session at 7pm. Maybe later in the evening, around 9 or 10pm?

Yeah, you wouldn't want a bonfire before dark. It doesn't get dark till around 9PM.

Originally posted by WKDFIRO:

It's not a bad walk to the beach. I don't know that the chain link fence is there to discourage crossing as much as it there to make the hotel parking lots safer from highway traffic. Traffic is generally very light along there too. I always just walk down to the street and cross whenever I go to the beach. And for those that aren't into walking, there is a small cul de sac-like parking area down there... Along with a nice wooden platform and stairs down to the beach.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-07-2004).]

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone w/ courtesy inn and there is still 3 rooms available
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
When I found out about the rooms, I let two people know they were available, so it should be down to one, if not zero by now.
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Going going gone
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
they are gone .
I got it.
Bout an hour or two ago.
woo hoo!!!!
now i hope i can put my car together again.
me and feiro bear just put in the motor and the next day i wiped out the front end.
got the a frame out and ready to put it back together.I was going to leave it but didnt want to chance it being bent.Tires are not cheap and i got lots of parts so i 'm replacing it.
I need a med red drivers GT fender as mine is now fugly.
Anybody got one i could use for the trip?
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
this will be fun. i'm cleaning out the GT and giving her a good detailing job. i cant wait!

im going no matter what, but i still have no place to sleep. i only have a budget of $200 for the weekend, gas, registration, food, and whatever else. so far it looks more and more like my GT is where i will be sleeping. oh well, it wont stop me though!

------------------

1985 Pontiac Fiero 2.5 SE, 219,500 miles and still runing!!!
more pics of my 85 can be found here
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 139,000 miles! Cat less, but otherwise damn near stock!
1987 Pontiac Fiero 2.8 SE, 54,000 miles :( parts car RIP

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post

tednelson83

1993 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I need a med red drivers GT fender as mine is now fugly.
Anybody got one i could use for the trip?

i've hot one, but it is broken at the bottom, and missing the g/fx.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure someone will have an extra bed and want to share a room. Let's keep trying to help this guy.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock