Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74036 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Awww jeah !

Dats, what I'm talking about!

A LiL' black power coat and you'll be stylin' and profilin'.
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nosrac,

Please...I already have tried that since I took the photo...that was step two.

If i can't get it off...i wonder if I can remove the bottoms any easier...and just replace the middle piece as well?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nosrac,

Please...I already have tried that since I took the photo...that was step two.

If i can't get it off...i wonder if I can remove the bottoms any easier...and just replace the middle piece as well?

LOL
Super glue another nut on top of it???
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Inner Door Skins

This has been an issue I have debated back and forth upon for quite some time.

It is going to be very expensive to create the original design I had created to go with Rob's G1 dash...so these will have to wait...going to put a pin in this one for now:

Then I looked at doing the G6 door panels modified...again too much effort and not really liking the outcome!

Then I thought I could work the PISA Euro door panels into something I like, but the longer I stare at them and play with them in Photoshop...I am not sure I really like the flow of them.

So I started looking through all my archives and links and there it was...a reference to what I call the PIMPEST Fiero build....Zimmer Quicksilver...so I Google'd for photos and low and behold there happened to be one for sale on e-bay with tons of great pictures:

I think these have the best feel to them...it is one of the best layouts that utilizes the space well and it has a balanced feel to the door skin.

Of course I would get a more clean black bezel flush mount LED courtesy light instead of the big chrome bezel ones.

And wrap them in black leather and cobalt blue stitching!

Think I have a less expensive answer I like...now I need to see if I can get Rob#2 (not Amida) to create these for me...really shouldn't be difficult at all with his skills.

Please share your thoughts on these door skins...thanks everyone!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-24-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Rob posting his pictures of his toggle switches...got me thinking...I like them, but I think they might be too bulky for the area.

So I started looking and found these units from a company called Nikkita...they make millions of switches and ship world wide...these are called their OLDED Rocker IS Multi-function Switch:

I will be doing some digging to see how I can these...they also offer a unit that does HD color as well
Click here to watch OLED Video!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-24-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ORDERING MORE PARTS:

From Rodney so I can finish up and reassemble the front:

From the FieroStore:

66559 1 85-88 DECK LID RELEASE SWITCH
66562 1 84-88 REAR WINDOW DEFROST SWITCH
50159 1 84-88 REAR WINDSHIELD MOLDING
88075 1 84-88 ENERGY ABSORBER RIVET KIT

88076 1 84-88 REAR FASCIA RIVET KIT
88086 1 86-88 GT COWL SCREEN RETAINER KIT
88104 2 84-88 RADIATOR LOWER SEAL RETAINERS
88108 1 84-88 FRONT FASCIA IMPACT BAR NUTS
88121 2 86-88 ENGINE SPLASH SHIELD CLIPS
88174 1 84-88 A/C CONDENSER MOUNTING KIT
88173 1 84-88 JACK HANDLE ANTI-RATTLE BAND
88079 1 85-88 WINDSHIELD PILLAR WIRING RETAINER
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are we ever going to see actual pictures of this car?
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updated pics of Jims fuel rails....

For sale thread is here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/065100.html

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 02-25-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks Great FieroFreak!

Can't wait to get it installed.

Thanks
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

I see lots of Pics.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Looks Great FieroFreak!

Can't wait to get it installed.

Thanks

Please tell me you are going to paint the SC and the ALT if you leave it up top. An 88 lateral link for a DB will fix you right up!

Gawd that is pretty....LOL

PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am very impressed. Would you be wanting to install that interior into my car?

------------------
I'm self smarthed, basically by myself.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Shifter Assembly...finish putting it back together...13 months later

You should have seen it a year ago...covered in surface rust...gotta love people who spill cokes and don't clean them up!
20 some years later and it was a heck of a mess...lol..cleaned up pretty good!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by nosrac:

Please tell me you are going to paint the SC and the ALT if you leave it up top. An 88 lateral link for a DB will fix you right up!

Gawd that is pretty....LOL

Nosrac,

Its all coming...one step at a time!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I am very impressed. Would you be wanting to install that interior into my car?

You would want to speak to Rob (AMIDA)...just PM him and let him know that you are interested in one of his G1 dashes.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000091-48.html
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by amflyer:

Just for you...AMflyer:

Not much to look at...in present condition...give her another 30-45 days
ckrummy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I'm just going to say a clean naked fiero frame should be qualified as **** , or maybe it's just me, lol
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Battery Cable Setup: Just laying out and cutting the 0/1 Gauge cable in preparation of soldering the ends this week.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: US MAIL just showed with my two options of black from Rob and example of the blue thread for the stitching

Top is called "Hampton Ebony"

Bottom is called "Grand Prix Black"

What does everyone think...which one...top or bottom?

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-26-2013).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Top!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lisa picked the top as it looks and feels more like leather.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I agree...for the same reason as Lisa...so going to let Rob know that "Hampton Ebony" is the choice!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE:

Here is what the Quicksilver door skins would look like in black:

The more I look at these, the more I am sure this is the final decision...I really like them!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-26-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: MAIL CALL... received packages from both the Fiero Store & Rodney's:

New Splash Guards from Rodney:

and New array of parts from FieroStore:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Completed Shifter Assembly:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Test fitting the battery setup and spare tire...lots of clearance

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: GUESS what has the same spline size and teeth?
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Mine I just got off e-bay is black leather and blue stitching

and this from another company off ebay:

& I found a guy on ebay that had a bunch of the Pontiac G5 G6 Solstice air bag emblem badge...which happens to be the same steering wheel

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-01-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: the UPS man just showed up and deliver the following from FieroFreak

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year vet is th wheel from?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Well after having two failed attempts with non-professionals fiberglass people...I have decided to put the front fascia and rear bumper on hold till next fall.

After several discussions with member EVM_Rob, who redid the molds for the MERA 308 & D&R Countach kits and offer them at a reasonable price.
I am going to have him produce them and do them correctly where I can sell sets to anyone else that wants them as well.

This may work out for the best anyway since I still wanted to have her chopped by Archie.

For now I plan to finish up all the mechanical, technology, and interior upgrades.

I am also in the works of RENTING the inner door skins from the owner in TN that had his Zimmer Quicksilver on E-Bay for sale last week, but it did not sell...to my benefit

I lucked out because EVM_Rob is also from TN...so local pick up. He will take them apart and make molds (plugs) so that these can be offered as another interior door skin option.

On Another Front:

I know that I am going to utilize Falcon 225/50ZR16s on the front and 245/45ZR16 on the rears.

So I started playing with different rims that will look good with the final front and rear fascias:

Give your feedback on the rim options I have listed...thanks

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-03-2013).]

amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant stand multi fit rims The center hubs are soo big.
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My vote is for the 2nd option. The door panels are going to be sweet.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So for the external body for now will be the stock GT package with a set of Archie's rocker panels:

and my upgrade side mirrors a well

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-03-2013).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know that I am going to utilize Falcon 225/50ZR16s on the front and 245/45ZR16 on the rears.

Give your feedback on the rim options I have listed...thanks

Not really my business, but why spend a ton of money on the car and put on cheap tires (?)
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Not really my business, but why spend a ton of money on the car and put on cheap tires (?)

Paul,

That is an interesting argument, but honestly I have owned 6 sets of Falcon tires and love the stiffness and handling of the tire & not once has one of their tires failed on me.

Every set has been on a high performance modified sports car...except Barbie (my wife's STOCK pink pristine 88 GT) that also has a staggered set that matches what I plan for this car.

With that stated, I also want to say that I have purchased some of the most expensive tires from all the big boys US & import (Yokohama, Good Year, Firestone, Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone, Dunlop)

and not that impressed or any more impressed for the extra money I spent over the Falcons. ...another tire company that I think is worth is value in tires that I purchased several sets over the years including the staggered set on my G37s is Hankook...which I have been Razzed about in the past as well...but I like what I like ...variety makes the world go around!

So I guess I related it to a pair of sneakers (tennis shoes)...you can spend a lot of money on a "NAME" or you can just pay for a product that does the same.

Also remember that this going to be my daily driver, not a track car.

I have decided to go with the 2nd rim out of the three, I will be ordering them this week...the only question I need to clarify with Stephen is if the 16" will fit over the 12" brake upgrade with the 88 calipers or I will need to go to 17" rims and tires....like to stay at the 16" if possible.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-04-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Nosrac...I Won!!! I finally got that damn nut off the balance'r / proportioning valve.

Tomorrow I will order a 3" replacement pipe with the correct ends from Inline Tube...going to send them the two ends...just to ensure it is correct the 1st time.

http://inlinetube.com/Prefo...stings/PE-CAT-02.htm

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-04-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Rented steering wheel puller from O-Reilly's:

Ready for my new C6 steering wheel, which is in route...saw a FedEx notification email earlier today
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
please tell me you are going to utilize the buttons on the steering wheel?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well but of course

My Infotainment unit is Car-Joy™ 8 inch double-din Android 4.0 /3G WIFI GPS Car dvd

♦.High definition digital panel(Pixel 800*480)
♦.8 inch Touch screen monitor

♦.steering wheel control function

♦.Built-in Bluetooth for mobile hands-free.
♦.Built in IPOD function
♦.PIP(picture in picture.)
♦.3D Rotating UI (slide from left to right and from up to down )
♦.Built in ATV ( ISDB,ATSC,DVB-T are optional )
♦.2-Zone function ,the 2 program can be setting differently
♦.Built in GPS function
♦.Radio receiving: FM/AM can be stored 32 stations. RDS is available .
♦.USB/SD card port: support MP4,DIVX,JPEG,MP3 and WMA playback
♦.Car backing display: Car reverse camera input (switch automatically)
♦.Language of OSD menu with DVD:Chinese,English,French,German,Italian,Spainish,Portuguese,(Thailand,Japanese)
♦.Operation menu of language: Simplified Chinese,Traditional Chinese,English,Russian,Italian,Turkish,Japanese,German,French,Portuguese,Arabic,Portuguese
♦.AV output/input :2 video out, 4audio output, 2video input ,2 audio input
♦.Subwoofer output
♦.Compatible with DVD,DVD-R,DVD-RW,HDVD,DVCD,MP3,MP4,CD-R,CD-RW,VCD,DIVX,WMA etc.
♦.Maximal power:4X50W maximum power output

CPU: MSTAR 776multi-media processor, main frequency exceeds 533MHz
Memory/FLASH: 128MB
Operation system: Android 4.0 (ICS)...enabling every android application known to man!
SD Card: Support double hi-speed SDHC(32G) card
USB: support USB HOST, USB pen readable

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-05-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Just stopped off at the UPS store and shipped my pieces that Rob / Amida needs to complete my G1 dash.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock