Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 32)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74005 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2016 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
65 MPH
IP: Logged
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also glad she's ok. I have 4 boys that all had accidents ( some more than one) and thank god they had there seat belts on and air bags to smack them in the face.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn...Glad she is ok....
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Guys!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm Updates: Finally shooting the paint again on BluDrm...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm Updates: Here is a shot of the secondary color:

Still need to shoot the clear coat.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2016 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More BluDrm Updates: the painting continues:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2016 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm UPDATES: a little view of the colors in the sun light:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm UPDATES: A few more trim pieces completed:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-11-2016).]

ClumsySmurf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClumsySmurfSend a Private Message to ClumsySmurfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is my first official post...But I have to say Yay! I have finally caught up with this thread. I have been reading it off and on during my down time at work over the last few days.

Great work. Unfortunately, I don't get all the images you post, but I get enough of them. I am going to have to re-read some of the stuff regarding your auto PC stuff. Have you considered using raspberry pi for your systems?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClumsySmurf:

This is my first official post...But I have to say Yay! I have finally caught up with this thread. I have been reading it off and on during my down time at work over the last few days.

Great work. Unfortunately, I don't get all the images you post, but I get enough of them. I am going to have to re-read some of the stuff regarding your auto PC stuff. Have you considered using raspberry pi for your systems?

WELCOME to the FUN & CHAOS ClumsySmurf! And I am honored that you choose my Thread to comment upon first

In regards to the customized systems, I have played with AutoPCs, Android, & R-PIs...there is give and take on each depending the applications intended to be run. Best bang for the buck is to get an off the shelf Android infotainment touch screen & an USB to OBDII adapter or Bluetooth and you are good to go with a lot of functionality. Now in regards to the R-PIs...I am going to be utilizing them in a re-active body panel design (eventually to come into fruition next year) to control the motors of the many exterior inter-active body panels.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well had J-Ray's Modified 87 GT here for the past few days. Mr. Poe stopped by and we changed out the clutch on her.

She is ready for the road again!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2016 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm Updates: Almost finished re-doing her paint.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-09-2016).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2016 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. Wasn't this car painted just a little while ago?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Looking good. Wasn't this car painted just a little while ago?

Yes Rob...but I didn't like the way the blue came out the last time...was too dark...looked more like black rather than blue.

Liking this color of blue a lot better!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2016 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it simple to remove & replace the seal around the windshield?

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Yes Rob...but I didn't like the way the blue came out the last time...was too dark...looked more like black rather than blue.

Liking this color of blue a lot better!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2016 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Is it simple to remove & replace the seal around the windshield?

I have a guy that works for Safelite that handles all my Fiero's.

He has to destroy the old seal to remove and then cleans the glass and re-installs with new seal. He also utilizes a seal that is for another vehicle...it wraps around the back edge of the glass as well & looks great...IMO!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Fiero possibly in the mix in my Family...my son is going to look at this Fiero...this would be his 1st!

Will let everyone know how it works out.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-17-2016).]

Egor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EgorSend a Private Message to EgorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that car over near my daughter's house in Wylie. Stopped to see if he would be interested in the monthly NTRC meeting, but nobody home.
Maybe it will have a better home soon.

------------------

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What paint and paint code did you use for the belt molding my wife wants her car that color with black trim!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

What paint and paint code did you use for the belt molding my wife wants her car that color with black trim!

Jared...do you mean the BudLight Blue as I call it?

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Double Post

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 07-02-2016).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
My son decided not to go with the Fiero above...he decided he really wants a 5 speed and will wait for the right Fiero.
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah the light blue
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

Yeah the light blue

Its a custom color...getting the paint code & info for you from my painter.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shopline PPG #5304
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NON-Fiero Updates: I have been busy with work, the kids & grand-kids, and doing some projects for the home.

Like replacing the LPG instant hot water heater. I replaced the 13 year old BOSH Aquastar 1600

with a brand new Noritz ProTough NR981-SV unit.

Have some painting to do in this utility closet now

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-07-2016).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2017 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates ?

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Guys & Gals...that I have not posted lately. Life has gotten crazy and my wife's health hasn't been the best.

Here is a picture I snapped today of outside...showing our 1st dusting of snow for 2017:

Hopefully I will have more updates to share in the next few weeks and the remainder of 2017.

Wishing everyone a GREAT 2017!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-06-2017).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Family first........
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2017 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Driving "Barbie" home last night from the airport...I noticed my window fogged up about half way home with a distinct smell of antifreeze.
I believe my heater core has sprung a leak...it is still her original one from factory.
Need to try set some time aside and see if I can tear into her this weekend....at least I have a extra new unit on the shelves in the FieroCave.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-27-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm UPDATE:

A little late night teaser...more to come:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-21-2017).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She needs a bath & a good waxing, but home

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's one fine looking car!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

That's one fine looking car!

Thanks Stubby!
BluDrm has all the modern conveniences excluding airbags.
All the details are in this thread if curious.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK...this photo bucket thing is down right annoying...going to have to decide how I am going to re-work this.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 09-18-2017).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's new with these builds ?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2017 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately not anything...my wife has been in the hospital with lung and heart issues.

If life changes...would like to eventually get the G1 door panels for both the ReMera and BluDrm...but time will only tell.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2017 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that Jim. Hope she gets well soon.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2017 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

OK...this photo bucket thing is down right annoying...going to have to decide how I am going to re-work this.

Jim, I use the add-on for Opera and see every picture just fine. You don't need to rework all of your photos when the answer to the problem is out there. People are too lazy to use it. Firefox, Opera, and Chrome all have the add-on to fix this Photobucket issue. This is what I see....of course it is resized to fit the page:

Best wishes to you and your wife. Hope everything goes well.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 11-04-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock