Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 31)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74025 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
J-ray's Modified 87 GT UPDATES: Got the headlight covers installed,

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
but still waiting on stealth mounts from Black Top Racing...I hope there is not a problem...Left several email and messages and have heard nothing back in a few weeks.

Also received the embroidered floor mats from stock interiors:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-25-2015).]

IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Well Rob (Amida) has hit a snag on the G1 door panels...going to be worked out, but going to take a little time.

So in the mean time, I'm ready to drive this car...so I ordered a set of the Fiero Store's "ABS Reproduction Stock Door Panels"

Rob (Amida) is shipping my door toppers back tomorrow with a G6 door handle (going to be assisting with the solution on the G1 door panels).

Then I am going to have the door panels upholstered as follows:

the entire door panel in the Turmeric (tan) with the topper done in ebony and attached with white stitching to the Turmeric...armrest in Ebony with white stitching.

Russ I will be calling you shortly.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Continuing to work on pieces need for inner door panels.
Ryanap333

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Timm/phonedawgs if you read this please contact me asap in regards to my harness and computer...
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Recovered the door toppers in black.

I am testing fitting them on the old inner door panels while waiting for the replacements from the Fiero Store.

I am going to cover the top of the door in the Turmeric (tan) and the bottom in the same Buckskin carpet as on floor.

Armrests will be covered in the same ebony as on the door toppers and the rest of the car with white stitching.

I also found the black these black after-market map pockets...as seen photo-shopped into the above picture and below:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-31-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
No-Fiero UPDATES: Been working on the upholstering the 240SX's interior...did the top piece of the middle console...still waiting on the leather for the center console itself.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-31-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Fiero Store inner door panel replacements showed up.
Drilled out top holes for the toppers and test fitted the toppers.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Knocked out the top part of the driver's side door panel.

Almost have the passenger door knocked out as well....still need to stretch & secure the corners and work out a few wrinkles.

..waiting on the carpet to show up today to finish the bottom portion as well.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 09-01-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Received the carpet from stock interiors..started working on the driver's side door bottom half.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Finished up the driver's side inner door panel.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2015 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
J-Ray's Modified 87 GT UPDATES: Finally received the stealth mounts from BTR:

Replaced the driver's & Passenger side door locks to new set.

Last of the rounded trim is being painted and should be ready tomorrow.

Once I pick that up and install...she will be completely finished! ....for now.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
General UPDATES: Need to comment on a great Vendor (CrutchField). I have purchased most of home and car audio equipment over the years going all the way back to HS.

I ordered a deck from them for the Argenta about 6 months ago. I finally got to installing it today and found out I got a lemon...didn't power up.
I thought for sure I was screwed...I know it was way pass the return period, but I thought if I don't call and ask...I'll never know.
So pick up the phone and call their 800 #...I am answered with 2 rings....hit customer service live person withing 5 seconds.
Explain situation and he ask to hold and that he needs to speak with his manager. Within 2 minutes, he was back online with an approval from his manager.
They are shipping out a replacement today and it will be here in 3 business days. They also just emailed me a pre-paid label to ship back the bad one on their dime.

Had to share...not a lot of times you get to report a good thing!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Needed a custom trunk seal for the Argenta...realized that the stock seal actually mad the lid have a slight bow in it when closed.

So I shaved a stock one down to the rubber surface then glued the proper D seal to get a perfect seal and seal height.
I have requested 4 rubber corner strips from Will to finish it off.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 09-21-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
J-Ray's Modified 87 GT UPDATES: She ordered her plate for the car.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Non-Fiero UPDATES: Removed the dash from the 240SX and working on recovering it in leather.

Maybe I will have the dash completed by the end of the week!
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If in the future I should be going thru Texas, I have to shoot you a pm and see this Fiero gold mine you have. Great job and detail you put in to all your cars. Where did you get the tinted sail windows for J Ray?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

If in the future I should be going thru Texas, I have to shoot you a pm and see this Fiero gold mine you have. Great job and detail you put in to all your cars. Where did you get the tinted sail windows for J Ray?

I had them from a few years back..they are one of the reproduction sets. I set & trim mine with black silicon...so they usually look pretty clean when installed.

Here are a few shots of J-Ray's Modified 87 GT Completed:

It needs a wash and a good wax.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 09-29-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Non-Fiero UPDATES: Continuing to work on recovering the dash in leather....slow process as I have to stretch the leather to fit just right.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 10-02-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Fired up the engine and buttoning up the last few things.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Non-Fiero UPDATES: Found a little helper in the cave...That is a Texas Brown Tarantula (Aphonopelma spp.)...which are very native to TX.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday Photo:

Non-Fiero UPDATES: Making progress on re-upholstery the dash.
Still have to finish and cleanup.

Now that the Argenta is out of the Fiero Cave...she will be headed to my paint guy in OK (one who painted the ReMera) this coming Friday.
Once she comes back...can mark that one complete!

With the Argenta out...there is an open slot to slide the ReMera back into the cave and finish up the few interior pieces left and the ReMera will be complete till we swap the the 3.4 Turbo for the 2.8 Turbo & the G1 door panels.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 10-03-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I missed it,but what is the reasoning behind swapping the 3.4 to 2.8?

Is the 3.4 running bad?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

I guess I missed it,but what is the reasoning behind swapping the 3.4 to 2.8?

Is the 3.4 running bad?

Fireboss....I flipped that by accident when posting that post...the 2.8 Turbo is currently in the car and the 3.4 Turbo is what we are installing.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool...

still wanting to hear more info on that 3.4 engine
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

cool...

still wanting to hear more info on that 3.4 engine

Fireboss,

This 3.4 was purchased as a drop out from member "JCircs"

The 3.4 is from a 95 Camaro and was fully rebuilt by fellow member Mark Hoagland, below is a list of most items into the setup.

• 272 cam
  • Darrel Morse ported upper middle intakes and TB.
  • 7730 ECM with DIS
  • Cramic coated and wrapped Sprint headers
  • TFS adjustable fuel regulator
  • 4T60 transmission with 3.33 final drive
  • Precision Turbo purchased new from Precision
  • Precision wastegate purchased new from Precision
  • 3" stainless catless exhaust
  • Spintech muffler w/C6 tips
  • Frozen Boost W2A intercooler with Bosch pump
  • Snow Performance stage 2 meth kit
  • Polly cradle bushings
  • Complete Harnes by Phonedawgz

fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thanks......any hp/tk numbers
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a nice setup, very well done in the looks department.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2015 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm UPDATES:

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I take it your going with a different paint scheme on BluDrm ?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

I take it your going with a different paint scheme on BluDrm ?

davylong86,

I little different shades of blue.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I haven't posted in sometime, so I thought I would post something.

Been busy with work and other projects (converting one of the 30x40 shops into additional living space for my wife & installing a 70' tower on my property) and unfortunately have had very little time for my Fieros.

BluDrm & the Argenta are both being re-painted currently. I will pick up the Argenta sometime next week. Kept it the same colors as it was originally.

My daughter loves her Modified 87 GT. We need to change out her rear calipers, brake pads, & rear lines...the driver side locked up. Picking up the parts tonight.

Wish everyone a great Holiday!

PFF
System Bot
Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With your talent, you might be interested in acquiring a couple of project cars. PM sent

[This message has been edited by Lurate (edited 01-29-2016).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, G1 door panel info sent.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea...G1 Door panels for both BluDrm & the ReMera!
AGGTownTx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AGGTownTxSend a Private Message to AGGTownTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey do you know of any fieros for sale in north texas? i believe you helped me before but all of the ones i was looking at were sold
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta is completed and ready for sale...listed it on E-Bay last night:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATE: Sold to Tracey in Canyon Lake, TX.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2016 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NON Fiero UPDATE:

Guys...my youngest daughter was in an accident last night...she is going to be OK...only scratches...after rolling her vehicle 4 times.

This is a testimony for the Chevy Trail Blazer...the frame is built very solid...I believe its the only reason my daughter is alive today.
GreyElf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreyElfSend a Private Message to GreyElfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad she is OK. That was quite the roll, how fast was she going? Even though it is only scratches, I hope she recovers quickly.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock