Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74044 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:

Man, that all looks beautiful.

Get the steering wheel yet?

PCGOLD,

Holding off on that project for a little bit...I already had a MOMO MILLENIUM EVO on the shelf...so I decided to utilize it to start with:

I removed the horn cover and stripped the black leather off of that piece and am going to cover it with the Turmeric (my darker tan color):

IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Going to cover the following trim pieces in the Tumeric material as well:

The Head-liner, rear waterfall, and the T-Top hardware covers will be covered in black suede:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: G1 Dash finally arrived

The lighting and color seems to be off in this picture...true color in person is like the last picture.

Still need to cover the black cover plate that goes over the cigarette lighter area in the same carbon fiber wrap as the power switches and plate.

with a few extra details added...just to see how it is going to look all put together.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-01-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: New rear seal from Will:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Removed trunk carpet..going to do a deep clean with CLR & Pressure washer...then Dye it black

Sanded down the trunk box...had some surface rust...now sprayed down with OSPHO to kill any little rust left. I will do a good wipe don with alcohol tomorrow and then spray a good solid coat of black rust-o-leum.

Installed trunk light with switch from 1989 S10 Blazer or GMC Jimmy as norm for my cars:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-02-2015).]

85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the color of the dash

Keep up the good work
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Painted all the T-Top trim, 3rd brake light cover, and lights:

I also finished with the coat of Rust-o-leum in the trunk...now just need to do the CLR wash of the carpet and then dye it.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-02-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
GTR UPDATES: Finally have her inspected, registered, and plated...yea!

Please excuse the dust
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

I love the color of the dash

Keep up the good work

THANKS!
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice Minis ... at that size always best to get two.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Shipping out parts to Rob Amida to have them upholstered in Turmeric:

also ordered 2 sets of Inner Carpet Trim Screw Caps for FieroStore and shipped to Rob as well so he can paint them with the matching Turmeric paint he already has from doing my dash:

Have the following in route:

* new E-Brake boot:

* Car Vehicle Interior Courtesy Lights (Size:1.97" x 0.79"):

* GM #15954529 AC Delco D1547D headlight dimmer switch

* Standard/T-Series DS294T Headlight Switch

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMERA UPDATES: This is markup of the panel on the dash between the HVAC controls and touch screen:

I will wrap the panel in the same carbon fiber as the power switch panel.

This is the media card reader I am adapting:

This will plug into the deck via a USB.

I am also adding a 2nd hole on the cig lighter panel next to the lighter hole for a dual USB power outlet as well:

Ordered 4 yards by 60" of Onyx (black) Suede for the headliner & waterfall:

Also decided to go with Mazda Miata sun-visors:

I need to hit all 4 corners with a small wire brush and then carefully brush on some black rust-o-leum before putting the T-Top trim pieces back on

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-03-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Ordered both sets of AUX gauges in RED from TOM:

Should look very nice with the custom over-lays from SpeedHut:

Also Cleaned the trunk carpet...still drying:

Next is to dye it black

Installed the Sub-woofer volume control knob.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-03-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2015 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Working on pieces and parts to install the G1 dash:

Shortened the automatic shifter and added the Corvette shift knob:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-06-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2015 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: I have had a bunch of parts arrive, but busy with work the past 2 days...so have had little time to get things accomplished...damn day job always getting in the way

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-08-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Safelite just finished installing the new glass:

Need to polish that lower front grill...on the list.

It didn't go without issue..only a small one...but still annoying:

Having my body and paint work up a quote tomorrow...Safelite is going to pay to have it fixed.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-10-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Working on Interior today:

Trimmed Passenger side carpet to exact size and clipped in:

Still need to do the same for the driver's side.

Pattern cut...just need to glue it down better with some 3M spray on...it sorta attached with the factory glue left from me peeling the old carpet off

Then onto the headliner

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Work continues on the interior.

Received the following update from Mr. Mike:

"The Coats White thread has arrived.
Your kit is in progress, my intention is to sew 90% of it over the weekend, still waiting for the logo panels, hopefully get those on Monday.
I will send a tracking number when it leaves.
Your credit card has not been billed."

...left the last line in...since it highlights the type of Vendor Mr. Mike is...this is all custom work!

Decided to drop the height of the shifter a little more and I think it looks a lot cleaner:

Installed my standard Infiniti G-37 rear view mirror:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
MyTestarossa UPDATES: Was catching up with EVM_Rob today...looks like the car will be ready for pick-up by the end of July...then straight to Mike in OK for final sanding and painting!

Thinking a really beefy 3800-SC with a fat IC and all the upgrades and goodies from ZZP!

IC KIT: * 144 deg temp drops, 2.25" core, 50WHP gains!

ZZP Aluminum Heads, 1.9 Ratio Modified Rockers, ZZP Custom Pushrods, JE Forged Pistons, ZZP 4340 H-Beam Connecting Rods , High Voltage Coil Packs, ETC
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2015 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Thinking a really beefy 3800-SC with a fat IC and all the upgrades and goodies from ZZP!

ZZP Aluminum Heads, 1.9 Ratio Modified Rockers, ZZP Custom Pushrods, JE Forged Pistons, ZZP 4340 H-Beam Connecting Rods , High Voltage Coil Packs, ETC

If you get heads then you NEED headers and a cam to take advantage. DO NOT touch the bottom end. SEEIMOP on GP forum makes a much better IC then ZZP.
If going all out then get a XPZ cam setup with supporting mods but I recommend just a plain ole XP cam, CNC heads, headers, N*, SEEIMOP IC, NOSRAC tune...LOL
The kicker is in the trans. A built 4t65e-hd Trans with 3.69 gears is a wheelie machine and will also out run a comparable trans with 2.93 or 3.29 gears in the 1/4 mile.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking really nice, but damage to fresh paint/body is always a downer.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Finishing up the black suede headliner:

I keep working my way around and getting it to stay tight up against the roof...have a few more spots to go.

Also working on courtesy lights:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-13-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by Neils88:

Nice Minis ... at that size always best to get two.

Those are for my two grandsons...they drive them up and down the driveway...Sammy the oldest can't wait to graduate to a Fiero!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by nosrac:

If you get heads then you NEED headers and a cam to take advantage. DO NOT touch the bottom end. SEEIMOP on GP forum makes a much better IC then ZZP.
If going all out then get a XPZ cam setup with supporting mods but I recommend just a plain ole XP cam, CNC heads, headers, N*, SEEIMOP IC, NOSRAC tune...LOL
The kicker is in the trans. A built 4t65e-hd Trans with 3.69 gears is a wheelie machine and will also out run a comparable trans with 2.93 or 3.29 gears in the 1/4 mile.

Terrance...was just day dreaming...serious about a really beefed up 3800-SC...when I get serious about it...I will ping you for your input
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by Amida:

Looking really nice, but damage to fresh paint/body is always a downer.

Rob...thanks and it happens...trying not to focus on it at the moment...lol ...it will get fixed...hopefully will little headache from Safelite.
I have to email them the quote I received from my body & paint guy earlier today still...been waiting for a callback all day from the Safelite manager.
No call by tomorrow...onto Safelite Corporate.

Can't wait to see the rest of the interior trim panels upholstered in Turmeric & of course the G1 door panels for the ReMera & BlueDream
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Checking the fit of the G1 Dash...fits perfectly:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: One rear speaker re-covered and one to go:
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that's nice. Keep the pics coming.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:

Wow that's nice. Keep the pics coming.

Thanks PCGOLD!

Will be traveling for business the next few days...so no updates probably till Monday.
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That dash looks so good in the fiero. Really updates the interior Someday...
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is one sexy interior!
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Mr. Mike shipped my seat covers:

Lighting doesn't show it well in the photo, but exact same colors as the G1 dash.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-18-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Installed new set of rear speakers from Rodney:

and got the sun visor mounts in place:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Have the media card reader rough into center plate...will bond it in place...after I recieve the last piece for the center plate...easier to cut that way...then still need to carbon fiber wrap the plate.

Would this be Neo-8Track...lol:

With Sub-Woofer control knob, media card reader, and soon to be Aux input for Radio via USB and mini jack...we will call this the Auxiliary Media Panel (AMP).

Also got the 2nd rear speaker cover recovered:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-20-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Received my Pontiac Accessories bag for my jumper cables and such

I also ordered a Custom Leathercraft 1173 32 Pocket - Socket/Tool Roll Pouch ...which I am going to have embroidered with the ReMera Logo:

Received my new e-brake black leather boot:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-20-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATE: Picked up a set for the ReMera & a set for MyTestarossa...since they both are 88's and both need brake upgrades:

Brake brackets for sale, C4 rotors for the 88s

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-21-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still rough fitting everything while waiting for the remaining pieces:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Cleaning up and preparing the seats for Mr. Mike's new skins:

The seats had a fair amount of surface rust on them and the rails...nothing a wire brush and some OSPHO can't fix:

Waiting for this coat of OSPHO to dry out completely...then I i am going to put a nice clean coat of plasti-dip over it before putting on the new skinds.

Still have some work on getting the rails back to perfect. Need to get them rust-free 1st and then coat them in a good solid coat of black Rustoleum:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Order Carbon Fiber Universal Heated Seat Heater Kit - 5 Position Dial - ships from Dallas...so it should be here tomorrow:

Same set that I put into BlueDream.

Also printed out the templates for the head-rest speakers I am adding:

Need to get these cut out and situated as well.

Driver's side seat...now all rust free, dry and now final dry with a coat of plastidip to seal and secure the foam:

Also hit the trunk carpet with 1st coat of black dye:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-23-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Mr Mike's skins showed up:

Also spoke to Speedhut...the custom gauge overlays will be shipped tomorrow...finally!
Day:

Night:

and Tom stated that my digital AUX gauges will ship tomorrow as well!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-23-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock