Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74023 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argetna UPDATES: Did some more powder coating today:

Sprayed the Red 2nd layer (Red Transparent) over the already chrome powder coated on one of the valve covers and have it the oven...once it is out I will spray the 2nd and stick it in the oven to bake ....pictures shortly!
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ReMera UPDATES: Side mirrors back sides:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: The side mirrors turned out great...I am glad I decided to do them this way:

Had to sand and prime t-top trim pieces:

The rest of the car just looked too darn good not to redo these trim pieces...so will paint these in the same black as the sail panels and such.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Moving right along:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GENERAL UPDATES: I was bad again and purchase another Fiero for the cave!

Interior: Custom Firebird Interior (Black Box done by J-Scott)

There are completely restored 88 lumbar seats hidden under those Mr Mike covers....Brian never had time to put in the switch hardware (which he has and is going to give to me), but it has brand new bladders and such already to rock!

Exterior: A Dodge Silver...still need to get Brian to dig up the original paint code from he had it painted:

Prototype Fiero side scoops...as shown in Fiero literature below:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Other Stats:

• N-Star Engine (275 HP motor with hi-way gears in the 4 Speed Automatic it is paired with (Installed by Design One Systems)
  • Ceramic exhaust & pure stock everywhere else
  • The rear tail lights were brand new out of the box when Brian originally did this car. (Only 2K put on the car since he sold it from who I just purchased it from.
  • Z06 brakes on all 4 corners
  • Stainless steal brake lines
  • Webasto Power Sunroof (the one I wanted for BluDrm originally, but was not sold anymore by the time I went to purchase)
  • 18 inch American Racing wheels

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-09-2015).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have purchased this bad boy for sure but you beat me to the punch. Great buy. Must feel like you won the lottery.
You need to host a NTFC meeting so I can come out there and gawk at but not touch...LOL all those nice Fiero's.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I would have purchased this bad boy for sure but you beat me to the punch. Great buy. Must feel like you won the lottery.
You need to host a NTFC meeting so I can come out there and gawk at but not touch...LOL all those nice Fiero's.

Nosrac...it looks like I'm hosting spring fling out here.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Nosrac...it looks like I'm hosting spring fling out here.

It's a date then...LOL
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this will fit very well on the addition:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-10-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
N* Fiero UPDATES: Headed up to OKC 1st thing Saturday morning with a car hauler to pick her up.
Bringing a new battery to get her started and onto the hauler.

Looks like she is going to need a bath to say the least...with one year of dust sitting on top of her.
Next onto the tire shop for fresh rubber and an alignment.
Lastly to the detail shop for a thorough cleaning including clay bars to the outside!
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey wait a minute! You have enough beautiful cars in your stable, Go ahead and clean her up and I will pick it when your done. Thanks, Davy
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Hey wait a minute! You have enough beautiful cars in your stable, Go ahead and clean her up and I will pick it when your done. Thanks, Davy

Well Davy...not sure that I am ready to part with any quite yet but, I will make the following commitment to the community...won't purchase anymore for the next 6 months...no promises after that

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-11-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
BluDrm UPDATES: Made some progress on BluDrm's new hood...goal is to have it painted by the weekend.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
N*Fiero UPDATES: Created a new custom badge for the car:

This is just a fast mark-up, not the proof.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-11-2015).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this for the reMERA? In a lot of minds R = (rice) ... how about - GT(Pegasus symbol ) M- (MERA) Regardless ----GREAT work!
If not for the reMERA --- GT then red TX ----- put your stamp on it!

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 02-12-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Is this for the reMERA? In a lot of minds R = (rice) ... how about - GT(Pegasus symbol ) M- (MERA) Regardless ----GREAT work!
If not for the reMERA --- GT then red TX ----- put your stamp on it!

Steve... This new logo is for my new acquisition...an 86 heavily modified NorthStar swap...that Brian had built a few years back and he had already badged it as a Fiero GTR...the sail panels are custom and already have the GTR layered into them and the seats also have the GTR logo as seen below:

I am just adding my personal touch to the front nose badge while continuing the existing theme.

GTR=Grand Touring Ralley

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-12-2015).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh - now it's clear - makes perfect sense.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

N* Fiero UPDATES: Headed up to OKC 1st thing Saturday morning with a car hauler to pick her up.
Bringing a new battery to get her started and onto the hauler.

Looks like she is going to need a bath to say the least...with one year of dust sitting on top of her.
Next onto the tire shop for fresh rubber and an alignment.
Lastly to the detail shop for a thorough cleaning including clay bars to the outside!

That thing is sweet! I love that TransAm interior, looks like it is very nicely put together. You sure were quick to snag that up, and I sure don't blame you. If I had the funds and a good place to keep it I would have been all over it. I look forward to future updates and pics of when it's all cleaned up and detailed.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the Fiero GTR made it safely to the FieroCave!

Now its clean up time....dust and grim everywhere.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well after getting the layer of dust off the car...it looks like I will have to replace the sail panels:

Which kind of stinks...since they had the custom GTR logos.

Started to make a dent in the area under the hood:

Still a lot more to go!

Here is a shot of the power sunroof in the open position:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-16-2015).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What? No engine bay pics?

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

What? No engine bay pics?

OK...Terrance, just since you asked...I will break my normal protocol.
I normally would never show a picture before I have at least done a once over...which has not been done as of yet.
So here it is un-touched...how I got it from the previous owner:

We Happy Now

Will ....I need another rear trunk seal please & TY!

OK...now at least wiped down:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-16-2015).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you sir, Very, Very nice. Complete with electronic CC and everything.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: A few final touches before Saturday delivery:

We repainted the cowling from PISA to match the other black.

Also finished up the template (all correct dimensions) for my new Sunfire Tach/Turbo gauge to email off to speedhut.

and here is another one I didn't create but found in the archives:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-20-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES:

Decided on the following for my gauges:

Daytime:

Night time:

I may have to go with the following because of the limitation of speedhut not being able to yellow backlit ;(

Day:

Night:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-20-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Rob has my replacement G1 on workbench...trimming & prep in progress.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-24-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG...Getting pelted by ice...have about 1.5 inches of ice on the ground.

Its nothing compared to the storms some of our members have dealt with this year...but we aren't well equipped to deal with this kind of weather since it doesn't happen very often....Oh Well!

At least I shuffled all the cars into their stables last night!

Order 2 sets of Sail Panel Tape (1 for GTR & 1 for Argenta):

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-23-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
General UPDATE: I will be hosting the Fiero Spring Fling out here at my place this year:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095186.html

Saturday March 28th (4th Saturday)

The more the merrier! Just let me know if you are coming on the official thread.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
GTR UPDATES: Still working through the layers of dirt and grim:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This almost never happens here:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
GTR UPDATES: Got the driver's side replacement sail panel installed...one down and one more to go
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
GTR UPDATES: Got the passenger's side replacement sail panel installed as well!

Funny...what I couldn't pull off on BluDrm since they stop producing these units...I was able to get in the GTR and its the only Fiero with a power sunroof that I am aware of

01-30-2013 02:38 AM
UPDATE:

Some of you already know that I am planning on yanking the old sunroof and replacing it with an electric slider...just found the exact one:

These sunroofs are manufactured by Inalfa, the largest Sunroof manufacturer in the world. These are top-of-the-line suroofs.

Sunroof Glass Spoiler Style 40x20 Electric Tinted Glass w/ Sunshade [MP# 3630]

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-26-2015).]

pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TX, I love that GTR. Where did you get your quarter windows from? How is the quality? Happy with them?

Thx.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:

TX, I love that GTR. Where did you get your quarter windows from? How is the quality? Happy with them?

Thx.

Thanks! I replaced them with a set of Chris Cook's reproductions.

Very good quality.

Here is his email if you want a set: chriscookdesigns@yahoo.com

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
GTR UPDATES: Installed trunk light since it was missing it.

I figured if I was going to install one...might as well upgrade it to one with a switch for car show season

and a new trunk seal from Will:

Reallybig

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great trunk light! I've been looking for a way to install a kill switch and make it seem factory... where did you find it?
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Funny...what I couldn't pull off on BluDrm since they stop producing these units...I was able to get in the GTR and its the only Fiero with a power sunroof that I am aware of

No, it's not the only one. Madcurl has the same or similar unit on his car. I think Madcurl's was the first one but I'm not sure. So you at least have one of two.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reallybig:

Great trunk light! I've been looking for a way to install a kill switch and make it seem factory... where did you find it?

S10 Blazer cargo light

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

No, it's not the only one. Madcurl has the same or similar unit on his car. I think Madcurl's was the first one but I'm not sure. So you at least have one of two.

Thanks for the clarification

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-27-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
RIP Leonard Nimoy

Live Long and Prosper...in the next life!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
GTR UPDATES: Finally starting to make it through the dirt and grim

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock