Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74022 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
General Updates: Picked up a nice matched lock set and keys:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATE: Exploring a different option for the rear center grill...instead of fixing the fiberglass like I posted before.

I am going to go speak to someone about having a piece of 508MM width x165.1mm height x18mm thick sheet aluminum.

Then having them router out the valleys and space for my Pegasus...so he sits flush with the raised lines.
Then powder coat it black and apply the 3M RED CONSPICUITY REFLECTIVE TAPE in the valleys.
Cheaper, faster to produce, and it will be perfect the 1st time!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-05-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
BluDrm UPDATES...Since BluDrm is based off an 86...wanted to kick the Subaru FZR rims out a little more...so I picked up my set of spacers from Dominic:

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
realy nice seats
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Cleaned up my seat designs and did a fabric piece mark-up:

Sections 2TC, 2BC, 3R, 4R, 3L, & 4L will be done in Deep Black Alcantara / Automotive Suede:

and the the other sections will be done in my traditional Ebony.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-05-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera Updates: The underside of the trunk lid and hood are getting there:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATE: Received my new G1 dash from Rob...everything looks amazing...except one thing...that is not RAVE Butterscotch (RAV-2612) based on the sample he sent me .

Not sure how I am going to address this yet...I have a PM into Rob and waiting for a response.

I also received the replacement Cowling from PISA:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-06-2015).]

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://sanantonio.craigslis.../cto/4834174507.html I know you were kinda looking at one, not mine but saw it and thought of you.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hiwil88formula:

http://sanantonio.craigslis.../cto/4834174507.html I know you were kinda looking at one, not mine but saw it and thought of you.

Thanks hiwil88formula....Dominic already text'd me this weekend about it, but it is twice as much as the red one and the red one had less than 7K original documented miles.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: New carpet and floor mats showed up:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2015 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: G1 dash WRONG COLOR issue figured out. It looks like the fowl start at Rob's supplier.

Here are the labels of the 4 color samples Rob's supplier sent me:

This is the color sample I wanted:

Well after some emails and some digging...this is what happened. The color that I like was mis-labeled...it is actually "Rave-2613-Turmeric"...now interesting how one of the other samples was "Nuance Tumeric - NUA-2467".

Think Rob's supplier was smoking some of the Green stuff that day!

Now there is even a 2nd half to this story already.
Another member on the forum ( within 90 minutes of me), who purchased one of the only none upholstered G1 Dashes really likes how this one turned out.
He has offered to swap and pay the difference I paid for the upholstery.
Guess Rob and his supplier will have to duke it out over the 2 extra shipping costs!
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2015 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Speakers are showing up.

Replacement front dash speakers from Rodney: & NOW INSTALLED

Rear Wall Speaker Panel with Speakers from FieroStore, but no speakers as of yet?: SPEAKERS IN ROUTE NOW

ReMera UPDATES: Received my power mirror switch and new window switches for the new G1 Interior...that will be a few weeks out again :

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-08-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Wrapped the switches and power mirror switch to match the plate...now only left to cut the holes

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATE: Woops...says the FieroStore....sorry and we shipping out the speakers today...no harm, no foul!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Still a work in progress...have the holes cut...just need to back fill some spots, sand and recover it in Carbon Fiber wrap...maybe done before COB tomorrow...if I have the time:
85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how are you attaching the window switches to the back of the panel ?

Would you mind posting a picture of it ?

Thanks in advance
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

how are you attaching the window switches to the back of the panel ?

Would you mind posting a picture of it ?

Thanks in advance

85LAMB...this one easy thanks to faster assembly-line techniques...they snap in

Yellow circle is the pressure snap.
Red Circles are where I need to back fill and sand. So I pop out all three...back fill, let dry, sand smooth.
Once everything is correct and smooth...I will do a very complete alcohol cleaning and then re-wrap it the panel in Carbon Fiber & Pop the switches back into place.
Then connect up the wires and put it in place.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
BluDrm UPDATES: Received Project Retrofits head lights and can you say "WOW"

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Finished up the switch panel...was inspired by the Headlights

Flush enough to place my cell phone on top of them with zero issues.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-09-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: We did the underside of the hood and deck lid today...got that factory look I was looking for

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Barbie UPDATES: She is done with getting her nose fixed, new rims, sequential LED rear tail lights and a few other upgrades:

She needs to be washed...have to wait a few weeks...she is still venting.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera Updates: More Painting progress...all of the black has been knocked out now and on to the red

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

ReMera UPDATE: Received my new G1 dash from Rob...everything looks amazing...except one thing...that is not RAVE Butterscotch (RAV-2612) based on the sample he sent me .

Not sure how I am going to address this yet...I have a PM into Rob and waiting for a response.

Issue Resolved,,,Fellow member is shipping his raw G1 dash and a replacement center armrest to Rob Amida tomorrow and Paypaling him the difference for the upholstery.
Once Rob has received both and given me the two thumbs up...then Brian will come down and pickup his brand new...ready to install G1 Dash!

Stopped Mr. Mike before he cut the 4 yards of the wrong material (well wrong for me...but perfect for Brian now!)...if Brian doesn't want it...then I will eat the cost and have 4 yards of this material.
Mike ordered the correct material and it should be here next week and he will pickup where he left off...which means the seats will probably be completed 1st now.
Stay tuned more more updates and the Correct color on my new (new) G1 dash

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2015 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Working on covering the Rear Wall Speaker Panel in carpet from the FieroStore

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-14-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Painting Continues:

85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey

Thanks for the pic of the p/w switch n telling me how you mount it.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: New Wiper Blades...Trico Flex 18 for passenger side and 20 for the driver's side.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Rear Speakers came in from FieroStore:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Barbie Updates: Cleaning up the new sail panels...needed to finish them off with black silicon around the edges of the panel and the plexi insert...they were a real PIA to install and get right:

I am going to get the following Vinyl Stickers made up for her:

and it should look something like this:

Added her Pig Tail Antenna:

I also have to say that the Subaru FZR rims sit pretty damn flush with the 88s:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-20-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Painting continues: Starting to final get an idea of the final color

He is a perfectionist...he didn't like the jams the 2nd time either, but 3rd times a charm:

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!

Your guy really knows how to lay down the clear.

Color is gorgeous.

Looking forward to seeing the panels back on the car.

HAGO!
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: A small strip to test out the red reflective tape before I cut the 7 strips...very hard to cut as thick as the tape is:

No Flash (Daylight)

Now one with flash (Night effect)

Going to work exactly the way I was hoping it would....now just need to have the new piece milled from the aluminum sheet that I ordered...that is on next weeks list.

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agree with Sage, that color is beautiful !

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 01-16-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Agree with Sage, that color is beautiful !

Davy & Sage...thanks, I agree as well...its turning out great!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Rob Amida sent me another material sample to ensure we were all on the same page now:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2015 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Installed the FieroStore's rear speaker waterfall panel:

Eventually this will be converted to a black & red G1 interior...that is why I have not done a complete detailing on the back of the arm rest & vent area as of yet...please excuse the mess!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argetna UPDATES: Wired in the billet LED license plate lights.

I also drilled the whole for the rear license plate video feed and power supply.
I need to stop by the parts store tomorrow and pick up some plastic fastener inserts for license plates.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-19-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Painting continues.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: not as much progress today as i wanted, because of the following that needed to be addressed 1st.
Well my body & paint guy caught a crack that somehow got missed:
So he ground out and fixed:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Barbie UPDATES: Got her new plate.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock