Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My 88 Formula Interior Redesign (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Formula Interior Redesign by Sofa King
Started on: 11-09-2009 07:58 AM
Replies: 865 (61259 views)
Last post by: JohnnyBones on 03-16-2016 07:44 PM
Sofa King

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey N,

I'm really pumped. I'm collecting supplies now and hopefully the weekend will be cool enough to get started!
IP: Logged
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:

I'm sorry!!!!! I wasn't thinking! LOL I purchased the cluster from a fellow member Jason (aka Fierofreak00) I really lucked out on this purchase! Thanks J!!! I'm considering splashing molds of the housing but that's it. There is a method called vacu forming where a hot piece of plastic is placed over any object and the plastic is pulled down by a vacuum and takes the shape of whatever object you're taking a mold from - that's the simple explanation. Here's a link for a basic understanding: http://www.youtube.com/watc...DTUo&feature=related

...ok, just so I am straight on this, is the gage housing a one off, or can more be gotten (please, please, please)? I don't need the gages, but the housing would work great for my future plans.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi MM,

From what I know & understand, this is a one off. I am considering splashing molds of just the housing - I just have to think it through and find the best/easiest way to do it. I've made a little headway on the wiring, but no pics or anything like that. It's tough to take pics of email conversations.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

...ok, just so I am straight on this, is the gage housing a one off, or can more be gotten (please, please, please)? I don't need the gages, but the housing would work great for my future plans.

This is a one off, no molds were made as it was a hand made prototype by a former member here. It was made with the idea to offer it up for sale but, those plans fell thru a few years ago. I was lucky enough to talk the former member into selling it to me. I made some modifications to it to make it more like the actual 90's cluster. I just lost interest in it as it really didn't fit the plans I had. So again, it's a one off, and the only one like it. -Jason
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

This is a one off, no molds were made as it was a hand made prototype by a former member here. It was made with the idea to offer it up for sale but, those plans fell thru a few years ago. I was lucky enough to talk the former member into selling it to me. I made some modifications to it to make it more like the actual 90's cluster. I just lost interest in it as it really didn't fit the plans I had. So again, it's a one off, and the only one like it. -Jason

J,

Thanks for the info!
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

J,

Thanks for the info!

What ever you need G! Now get to work and make me proud! -Jason
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will make you proud! I've been in touch with a few guys who are looking into different wiring options - let's keep our fingers crossed.

GOOD NEWS! It's supposed to be really nice / near perfect temps this weekend! I am FINALLY getting back out to the garage and doing some design and glass work again!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES!

WOW! What a fantastic weekend! Perfect weather for working outside. I got started on the new console and was hoping to get most of it finished when a main pipe glogged up and flooded the guest bathroom. Anybody who has had a toilet overflow "kinda" knows what I'm talking about. A main pipe is FAR WORSE! But all is fixed now. The flood did bite into some precious glassing time but I was able to get a good start.

Marking out the new slides to the console

With glass laid, I then took the foam core cut outs and laid them across the drying the fiberglass. I then sprayed paint over the templates to get the outline needed to then cut the glass

All done

This was the original console I used. No sense in letting it go to waste. First thing... fix the hole

With the side pieces now dried, I peeled them from the piece of glass and placed them against the console for fitting

I will include the stock vents on this version. I have to get air to the ECM

With a top

Working on the inside - I need to fill all the unwanted holes. I'm going to create a more functional storage area in this console.

That's all I was able to do. I was really bummed when the main pipe glogged up... I was really hoping to get more done. But with the weather changing... all is good!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 09-07-2010).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES - more glass work from the Sofa King! It is cooling off here too Greg! As soon as I can work in the shop out back without feeling like a Turkey in a fryer, I will be back into the glass as well. Going to start work on the custom XTC interior you rendered for me way back when! We are also planning on a huge body revamp on the XTC - it will take a lot of glass work and will take me to the brink of madness but it's a project we really want to do. I'll have some help on this one. One of my El Paso Fiero nuts has done a lot of body/glass work over the years. I hope to learn a lot. Plans are to start the body are sometime in December!

Your new console is looking great - nice and clean! Keep it coming.

Pat

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Hey!

It felt really good to be back out there! I missed the smell of the resin and the feel of fiberglass dust all over my arms and up my nose. The oven analogy works perfect but when you add 100% humidity... imagine standing in a sauna with all your clothes on... ugh...

I have some very definative ideas running through my head for this next design. I made the mistake of NOT using the stock console piece - I thought it was a good idea then... The design will be the same but I'm adding the side vents and maybe another little storage area within the armrest / cup holder. Then I move forward to the new radio design. That's going to be an interesting build... And of course... the door panels - I can't forget those guys!

You have really peaked my interest. I'm really looking forward to seeing your projects! Which XTC interior design did you decide on? Also, what type of body mods do you have planned?
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008
UPDATE:

Remember this?

We are moving forward with a new wiring harness... muhuhuhahahaha
PFF
System Bot
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES...

I am a little embarrassed to post these pics but it is an update. I worked a little more on the console and did create the beginnings of the center armrest pad that will fit over the cup holder. But I made a HUGE BOO BOO! I wrapped the armrest with seran wrap not thinking about how the heat from the resin might effect the wrap itself and well... ummmm... it melted... UGH... I wasn't able to get a lot done - had out of town guests.

Wrapping the armrest

Laying the glass

Adding resin

Second layer of glass

All dried, cut and fits perfectly

The plan is to build another layer of glass and then wrap this in the black vinyl material to match the door panels and sun visors - Thanks to Katatak for the great idea!

And now the disaster... I have to sand and repaint the entire cup holder

The console receiving a few little updates

That's it for now. I hope to have the new console at least fabricated by this weekend. I also have to get started on the radio console as well. I'm debating whether to use the existing piece I have. That would save time and I think I can manipulate the part into the shape I want. Note to Self: NO MORE SERAN WRAP!!!!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 09-13-2010).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One step forward and 2 back Greg! You are getting pretty good at that sanding and painting thing. Your little boo boo should not take long to fix.

As for the XTC, we are basically going to "shorten" the rear end and the front end. Then make the entire frontend one piece - like a "flipper" with some molded in "flush" mount headlights and some electric actuators much like Madcurl's setup. The back end will get anagled off and then rounded at the bottom with maybe some difusers and a custom center exit exhaust. The last part will be to remove the "flare" around the bottom of the car and round the bottom under the car. It will be a big project but I am looking forward to it.

Pat

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really have no idea what I was thinking when I used the seran wrap... DUMB!

The XTC project sounds like a huge undertaking! You will of course post pics? When will the actual body work begin?
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I really have no idea what I was thinking when I used the seran wrap... DUMB!

The XTC project sounds like a huge undertaking! You will of course post pics? When will the actual body work begin?

Now you know not to use it! XTC is looking like late December!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Now you know not to use it! XTC is looking like late December!

When I grabbed the wrap... my initial thought was I needed something that would conform and hug the shape of the cupholder so when I laid the glass I got a precise fit. Wax paper wouldn't do it and I certainly didn't want to use packing tape and wind up removing any paint. So... there was a little bit of sanity to my mistake?????? Not much... but a little bit? Right? Maybe?

December, huh? Well... I guess we can wait. OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Completely slipped my mind. I was chatting with a buddy of mine who has a 355 replica and has approached me to help with the all the fiberglass / body work. He's knows metal fabrication so he and I will be working together teaching and learning and building a 355 replica. We're still discussing it... but if we get started I'll post pics.

Pretty cool, huh?
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm driving my car this morning when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw this splatter mark right behind my head...

My first thought... DANG IT! I just washed the car. So I got to work, grabbed a shop towel out of the trunk and began to clean the huge poop off the car when I then saw this...

Wait a minute I said... ummmm... where did the poop go? I looked back in the car... I see it... but where is it on the outside... Then it hit me... That huge explosion of bird turd was INSIDE the car! I stood there with my mouth open... HOLY BIRD CRAP! That thing almost hit me! The first thing that ran through my mind was Oliver Stone's conspriacy movie called JFK. "...back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left..."
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys...

The temp shot back up to high 90's / low 100's. Summer is trying to hang on a little more... I figure a few more weeks and then fall will be here which means getting back to the fun stuff. I really want to get the door panels finished, upholstered and installed! Actually... I want to get everything finished!

I have a plan to create a vacuformer. I hoping I'll be able to create multiple dash pods for other members.

OK... back to the pile!
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SofaKing;

Have you thought about using the expanding foam at all for some of the areas of your build? I use the Urethane 2 part expanding foam as a base and cut the shape to close with an x-acto knife and other knives and then sand it down to a close fit and then lay the glass over that. The resin doesn't eat away at the foam and you can get some more complex shapes more easily than using the flat fiberglass panels you have been using so far. Doing a great job with the flat panels, don't get me wrong as I have enjoyed watching the build thread but if you are going into the more complex dash assembly you have pictured above, some expanding foam may be a good option for you.

Depending on what I needed to do, I would build a box more or less the size I wanted and pour the foam in and let it expand and harden and then pull the box sides and bottom off and start cutting and shaping. You can also fill in holes and indents such as the indents your did on the door panels with resin and it will do the same job but end up lighter in the end and just as strong with the glass mat layers over it.

You should be able to get the foam in the same place you are getting your resin and mat from.

Just a thought.

Please carry on as you are doing some interesting make overs on the interior.

Cheers
Don

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Don,

Thanks for the great advice! I've been tinkering with the idea of using foam as the starting point for the new radio console. I've been wondering HOW I'm going to tackle the complex curves of the console without building up too much resin, glass, bondo, etc. I was considering using the flat panel insulation foam - you're talking about going in a completely different direction - the expanding foam!

Is this the same foam you can buy from any home improvement store? You have my interest peaked. Do you have any build pics or a link to any projects you've done?

Thanks again for the great advice!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Kinda... it is for me!

I searched the house HIGH and LOW for this plastic iPhone adapter - no really... I searched the entire house! Believe it or not... it was in the last place I looked.

I'm going to flush mount the adapter to the switch plate, sand it down and then paint it black. The connector, coming from the new Monsoon radio, will run up from the bottom - that's the next challenge. How do I attach the connector from the bottom?

Also, it looks like the weather is finally going to break!
PFF
System Bot
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Run a bead of P-Tex along the edges? JB Weld? Superglue? Fiberglass resin? I don't what would work the best, ha.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

Run a bead of P-Tex along the edges? JB Weld? Superglue? Fiberglass resin? I don't what would work the best, ha.

I'm not sure whether I'll cut the switch to fit the adapter or the adapter to fit the switch plate. Either way I'll use fiberglass / resin underneath and filler on top. Then sand and paint - shouldn't take too long. The other option is to have the ability to snap the adapter in place / remove when need be. Adhering the cable to the adapter will be the most difficult task. The cable must be strong enough to hold the iTouch/iPhone in place without it falling over. I'll probably need to resin the cable in place.

The other option is to purchase something similar to this docking station and mount the unit in the same way - the only problem is space under the switch plate and the connection to the Monsoon

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 09-24-2010).]

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SofaKing;

L have built a LOT of my interior pieces using the foam method and then carving it down to take moulds and then pieces from the moulds.

I have a build thread over on Mad Mechanics for my Fiero to Ferrari 355 conversion.

Take a look on pages 8 and20 and you will see various pics of the work I did using foam to make the interior pieces. You can get much more complex shapes from the foam than with flat panels.

http://www.madmechanics.com...-build-progress/105/

Cheers
Don
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Don,

I didn't realize that was your thread on the Kit Car forums. I've been following that thread for a long time now.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I have been building that darn car for way too long now. I bought a 308 replica and have been changing up the front clip to be more oem with a smaller trunk lid and fenders etc. and then I will get that out to paint and start back on the 355. I am so close to be done I just hate all the small stuff that takes so long. I enjoyed figuring out the interior for the 355. I really had fun trying to figure out how to make proper defroster vents that went into the front trunk area for the extended windshield and still get decent air flow to work. Works well so far though.

Keep going on the interior redesign. I am looking forward to seeing how the new gauge pod works out for you as it is much nicer than the older Fiero pods.

Cheers
Don
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

I bought a 308 replica and have been changing up the front clip to be more oem with a smaller trunk lid and fenders etc. and then I will get that out to paint and start back on the 355.

You've done a fantastic job so far! The work on the front clip is a huge undertaking, gutsy but also exciting to watch! Aren't cars fun?!

It would appear that weather FINALLY broke and will remain cool from now on. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and get the ball rolling.
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seriously, I love this build.
Make me one of those center consoles !
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Navras:

Seriously, I love this build.
Make me one of those center consoles !

Thanks for the compliment! When I finish the second console the forst one will be for sale...

I'm hoping to get back out there this weekend. The weather FINALLY broke. No more hazy, hot and stupid!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Weather FINALLY broke! It was a chilly 75 degrees - PERFECT!

I got started on a few things last night. I've been a little tired of the silver trim pieces so I prepped and painted those. Worked on the armrest (and forgot about something - grrrr) and started fabricating the new armrest console.

Open Wide!!!

Prepping for black paint

A little primer

Some new clothes for the trim pieces

I added a few more layers to the armrest cover - this piece will be covered with vinyal and then wrap around the armrest/cup holder

Speaking of cup holder... after my disasterous fail with seran wrap... I sanded the cup holder down

And forgot about... GRRRRRRRR

I then began working the new console. I used a couple (2 or 3) clamps to fit one fo the sides

More coming this weekend. I'm hoping to have my new sun visors and headliner all finished.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Got the trim pieces installed - no biggie...

PFF
System Bot
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Gang,

Sorry no updates - nothing worth posting. I helped a friend of mine close their pool and we ran into a few problem thus taking up the weekend. I did however, reinstall the recovered the headliner. Like I said... nothing worth posting. Hang in there.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CHECK IT OUT!!!!

I spent a few hours fitting the passenger door panel. I had to make a few modifications, cuts, sanding, etc... but in all I'm really impressed!

Grabbed my trusty door removal tool

And popped the panel off

I then did a basic dry fit. Not too shabby

Pretty good here

HMMMM... small little gap

Pretty good overall

OK... where are the bad areas?

You can see here the gap - EWE

Need to remove some glass

Need to remove the blue - these areas are creating push back and not allowing the panel to fit into place

Remove the red areas

Removed

Removed material from the underside of the "armrest" portion of the door panel - since this piece will be covered with vinyl, I have to remove about half the material. Although the vinyl is thin, I still need enough room for the piece to slip into position

After a few "special modifications"... a nice snug fit

The Quasi-Beauty Shot

More to come! I have a 4 day weekend!!!!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 10-06-2010).]

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Quick Note!

The door pull will not remain grey. The plan is cover the door pull in the same material that will cover both the lower portion and the upper black piece of the door panel. I'm going to with a tight stitched look. Not really sure how it will turn out... If all else fails, I'll paint them black.

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should help give an idea of what the final door panel will look like - I updated the pic

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 10-07-2010).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2010 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch! That's sharp.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Ouch! That's sharp.

Thanks, T! I have to admit I was a little nervous taking the panels off. I wasn't sure whether the panel was going to fit at all. I have a lot of work to do around the door handle plate to get it to fit just right. I'm hoping to have both door panels done and installed this weekend - hoping... you know how my schedule has been these last few months.

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 10-07-2010).]

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Seeing it in place really makes me realize how great it is! The black part on the top really pulls it together. Good job!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

WOW! Seeing it in place really makes me realize how great it is! The black part on the top really pulls it together. Good job!

Thanks G! I'm still working the drivers side panel and should have it mocked up by tomorrow afternoon!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Got started working on the driver side door panel today.

As you can see I have a lot of filling and sanding to do from where I left off

This is the indent where the door pull is located - lots of filling and sanding

Adding filler

After some sanding

Spraying some primer/filler

I still have a lot of work ahead of me - but it's just sanding and filling... that's the easy part. And then comes the cutting of the upper armrest area.

More tomorrow!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 10-08-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock