Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My 88 Formula Interior Redesign (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Formula Interior Redesign by Sofa King
Started on: 11-09-2009 07:58 AM
Replies: 865 (61259 views)
Last post by: JohnnyBones on 03-16-2016 07:44 PM
Sofa King

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES!!!!

The lid is installed BUT!!!!!!!! Before I get into the BUT. I laid the new foam onto the armrest and the inside of the console.

Armrest

This angle show the difficulty I'm going to have getting hands into the little area

Laying the foam into the console was NOT easy. You have to spray both sides (foam and the console) in order to get proper adhesion. MAN... phhhhhttttt... It was not fun...

I would have thought this would be an easy cut - NOPE. I laid a little bit of foam here to protect the console from the shifter plate

OK... Here's the "BUT". I'm very disapointed with myself. I measured the bolts that go into the hinge wrong. When I tightened the bolts to the console they pushed through the other side... UGHHHH. I'm not going to fix it now becuase I want to enjoy having center console again. But... DANG IT!!!!

Proof

I mismeasured both sides

BUT! The lid is now installed. Tomorrow - the armrest

Lifting the lid to show how nice the new foam looks

In the car all installed

From the exterior looking in

Also, I went ahead and painted a few interior pieces the same flat black to help give a uniform look. While the textures might not match at least the color is the same. I'm really happy so far - except for the bolts. GRRRRRRRRR!!!! NOTE: I did NOT paint the pieces inside. It was a little cold so I brought the table inside to stink up the house - but I did NOT paint inside the house.

This weekend? The door panels. I've been looking at how I'm going to attack this project and taking notes... more to come!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 02-04-2010).]

IP: Logged
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phase 2 has begun........

P.S. It's snowing in Pueblo right now!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phase II - giggidy giggidy!

I got a PM from one of our fellow PFF members. Stryker passed this info on to me. It's a process called "flocking" - - VERY COOL STUFF!. Thanks Stryker for the GREAT info! This stuff would have been perfect for under the lid and inside the glovebox!

http://www.flockit.co.uk/index.html

This opens up ALL new doors and possibilities...

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 02-04-2010).]

stryker

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for strykerSend a Private Message to strykerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is where to get it in the us,very nice people.most stores sell their product.
www.donjer.com

john
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

It's snowing in Pueblo right now!

LUCKY!!!!!!! I'm a DC transplant living in Alabama... The DC area is getting hammered with snow and now you guys too? I miss it!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stryker:

this is where to get it in the us,very nice people.most stores sell their product.
www.donjer.com

john

Was just roaming around the site looking at this stuff. Looks interesting and it's not expensive. I'm thinking Headliner? - Maybe the Dash? or maybe my Console??????

Here's the funny thing..... Check out this pic I found on the site:
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey All,

Sorry no updates this weekend. I had to work on Sat and it is Super Bowl Sunday... I gotta eat too much food, watch too much football and then have WAY too much gas...

I should get started this week!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 02-07-2010).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my .02 but I like your painting better than flocking.
I just think if you are going to have something "fuzzy" it should be limited to the floor
and the bottom part of the door panels ie carpet.
Mike
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where's all the updates???
Rivethead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetheadSend a Private Message to RivetheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Just my .02 but I like your painting better than flocking.
I just think if you are going to have something "fuzzy" it should be limited to the floor
and the bottom part of the door panels ie carpet.
Mike

I agree.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Where's all the updates???

Hey All,

Sorry for the lack of forward progress. It's been really cold, wet and snowy these last couple of weeks. Not to worry, I still plan on moving forward but it's got to warm up just a little bit. However, I have been slacking on getting the armrest installed - I've been enjoying the console so much I don't want to remove it from the car LOL. I'll try to hit that tonight or tomorrow. I've also been meaning to create a armrest/cupholder that would mount on the stock armrest console - possibly for sale?
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet that you could make it! The installed pics are awesome. Nice look.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.donjer.com/cars.htm
Top pic....Looks like Archie could tell us about how well it works. Their site left me wondering how this looks in real life....after seeing that pic, and remembering his dash from the 25th Anniversary...I guess I know now.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GOT SOME UPDATES!

FINALLY!!!!! I got the armrest attached to the console and wired the new 12v power outlet. I'm kinda embarassed - it only took about 15 minutes. I have no idea why I procrastinated and took so long. I did however decided to just use screws to attach the armrest. If it ever comes loose I'll go ahead and enlarge the holes and attach with bolts, washers and lock nuts. And then, when funds become more readily available, or something else comes up, I'll get the Lunitec paint system and the console will be officially finished - but as of right now - she's done! I also went ahead and painted the cup holder to match the flat black I used on the console.

The first thing I did was tape the armrest to the console

Then just "eyeballing" where to drill

Painting the cup holder

Check out the little red light! SUCCESS!

Once the paint dries and I'm able to shoot a few layers of clear I'll have a working cupholder.

OK... the door panels. I've been trying to figure out exactly how to tackle this project without destroying the basic shape of the particle board door panel and I think I've hit the final stumbling block. I have several obstacles - the most important is saving the mounting areas to ensure the panel properaly mounts to the door.

As we know, the goal is to create 2 separate pieces with different textures that will join together on the door panel. If you look at the door panel below there are two basic surfaces: the "leather" surface and the smooth white surface - exactly like the center console I just finished. The difference is the lid on the console was a separate piece and hinged to the console. So painting was very easy. But in this case I'm working with two parts that are essentially joined together but have a different texture. As you can see... it's a little confusing.

Do I:
1) create one panel and then mask off the areas to paint? 2) create one panel and try to create a "cut line" making it feel like two pieces or 3) actually create 2 separate pieces?

If I go with idea #1 - that's a cop out and I won't get the look I want. #2 might work but I have to be very careful and ensure the "cut line" looks even. #3 is probably the best way to go but I have to ensure that each piece lines up, the edges are smooth and they're not going to come undone and separate... As you can see - confusing. My gut tells me #2 is the way to go...

If anybody has any ideas at all please HELP! LOL

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 02-14-2010).]

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Here it is all installed. It's weird... technically, other than paint, I never have to remove this piece again. LOL Kinda sad when you think about it...

Upclose. The area directly under the cupholder works perfectly for my fingers

Closer

Out of PURE LUCK the lid openned and aligned itself with the shifter plate - very cool! And very lucky

HEY! It's official, I have a cup holder! And I found that if I move the little 12V plastic lid out of the way, both cupholders worked perfectly!

That's it for now. I've got another little project I'm working that I think might entice the masses... Till next time!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 02-14-2010).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUILD, AND SELL THE CUP HOLDER/ARMREST THING! That is too perfect. I can see folks wanting that look, along with funcionallity. The last pics are gamechangers.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NIce work. At first I thought it was a built-in laptop in the armrest.
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome!
Are you going to keep the door panels the grey and white? I think it would look good if you kept it that color scheme instead of the black and white. From what I've learned about black and white interiors, it tends to look cheap and like a skunk, haha. Just some of my thoughts.
Keep up the good work!
Rivethead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetheadSend a Private Message to RivetheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my opinion but, I would stick with the flat black paint. It really looks good. I realize the textures don't match but I don't think the Lunitec stuff really does either from the pictures. I think if you experimented with spray on bed liner a little bit you could match the surface better than with Lunitec. To my eye, that stuff looks kind of cheesy with sort of an antique leather grain. The smooth flat black is clean, simple and modern and highlights the beauty and quality of your work. (Which by the way is incredible)

[This message has been edited by Rivethead (edited 02-14-2010).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's cool.

I got my equipment from Jill at donjer a few years ago.

The Fiero parts she has on her website are various parts we gave her.

She has one of our headliners that we flocked that she she uses in her show display

In fact one of her demo videos, is of Kris flocking that headliner.

In fact, here's a pic from her site taken at my place. http://www.donjer.com/cpshowto.htm

There are a few other pics taken at my shop.

It's a small world.

Archie

Was just roaming around the site looking at this stuff. Looks interesting and it's not expensive. I'm thinking Headliner? - Maybe the Dash? or maybe my Console??????

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-14-2010).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It turned out very nice Greg. Can't wait to see what's next!

Pat

PFF
System Bot
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

BUILD, AND SELL THE CUP HOLDER/ARMREST THING! That is too perfect. I can see folks wanting that look, along with funcionallity. The last pics are gamechangers.

Hey T,

Thanks for the kind words. I have to admit that I did NOTHING all weekend (except for the armrest). I actually sat and watched classic movies - you know those right passage movies? Stripes, Caddyshack, Back to School, and some old films from the 30's and 40's... Like I said... I did nothing and I enjoyed it.

Tonight will be different. I have a stock armrest that I'm going to use to see if I can mockup an armrest similar to mine that will incorporate a cupholder. I'll take detailed pics of the foam core build as I go. My only concern is the glovebox lid. But I think I can work around that.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008

Originally posted by aeffertz:

Looks awesome!
Are you going to keep the door panels the grey and white? I think it would look good if you kept it that color scheme instead of the black and white. From what I've learned about black and white interiors, it tends to look cheap and like a skunk, haha. Just some of my thoughts.
Keep up the good work!

The plan right now is fairly simple. The center console(s) , like the dash, will remain black. The carpet and seat covers are grey and my original idea was to keep the door panels grey as well. However... I have to admit, I absolutely love the black /grey and Tuscan leather look. See below

If I had my way and money was no object I would change out my seat covers to a two tone black and tuscan leather, the carpet would be black and the door panels would have the tuscan leather. All the rest of the interior would stay the same to include the white lid on the console and the white on the door panels - although I'm not sure how that would look.

As I have always said, this is ever changing and evolving as I go forward so in the end, I have no idea what the final look will be. I do agree with you - it is very tough to do an all black interior - especially gloss black.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rivethead:

Just my opinion but, I would stick with the flat black paint. It really looks good. I realize the textures don't match but I don't think the Lunitec stuff really does either from the pictures. I think if you experimented with spray on bed liner a little bit you could match the surface better than with Lunitec. To my eye, that stuff looks kind of cheesy with sort of an antique leather grain. The smooth flat black is clean, simple and modern and highlights the beauty and quality of your work. (Which by the way is incredible)

Hey R,

I agree with you 100% I think the flat black look really sets off the interior. And thank you for the very kind words. If done correctly, I think the Lunitec Paint system could work miracles for the interior. The trend for interiors now is going with that hard plastic look similar to the bedliner. And while I do like the look, I'm trying to stay true to the period, look and feel of the car. That's not to say I'm not going to test the bedliner texture or anything else that might help. I think the bedliner texture would work on the pillar and door sill pieces - again staying with the flat black. hmmmmmm.... now you got me thinking...

Thanks again for the kind words and please keep those ideas coming!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 02-16-2010).]

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008

It turned out very nice Greg. Can't wait to see what's next!

Pat

Thanks, man. I'm just waiting for it to warm up - even a little bit. It has been REALLY cold. And you know how tough it is to work with resin that flows like molasses ...
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Gang,

What do you think of this concept image?

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:

Hey Gang,

What do you think of this concept image?

I likes. But brown? Is that gonna fit with the rest?
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I likes. But brown? Is that gonna fit with the rest?

I think it will. Look at the image right above the door panel - it's a Hyundai Veracruz interior. I think the black, silver trim and the tuscan leather work really well together.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Minor Update

Hey Gang,

I started to mock up a armrest/cupholder for the "stock" console. I don't have a complete "cup holder" to use so I have to eyeball this one using the part I can remove from the cupholder I used. There are a lot of irregular curves to the stock console so this should be a very interesting build.

Foam core is a great thing - I still have lots of cutting and mod'ing to do

Another angle

Side view - What is difficult to see is how the glove lid interferes with the armrest. It opens down causing a little bit of stress on the armrest. Because the foam is so thick, these issues would be addressed with the actual fiberglass piece

Head on view - you can see how irregular the shape is

Well I'll Be... it does pay to work with foam core... I wonder how long it's been in there?

That's it for now. The weather is "supposed" to warm up this weekend. Let's hope it's warm enough to get back to fiberglassing
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha..... See there Greg? You already made a dime!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES

What a great day it was today - NICE AND WARM. I was NOT going to let a day like this pass me by. I did A LOT of work. I removed a lot of the interior this afternoon. I've decided to paint the trim flat black. I really like the look. Krylon now offers their "Plastic Spray Paint" in flat black - sweet. I also removed the headliner. I went to the local hobby center yesterday a bought a square yard of black vinyl - 7 bucks! So, I'm going to redo the headliner. I had to reinforce the headliner with a little bit of fiberglass. Tomorrow I'll sand it down so it's nice and smooth and then get the new liner placed. I also laid glass over the door panel. Like the console, I'm just going to wing it! I could think the process to death and never get anywhere - so why not just move forward, right?

When I removed the trim piece that goes around the upper part of the door toward the windshield I broke the two clips that connect to the roof and cracked the piece almost in half. Can anybody tell me how I'm supposed to remove this without breaking it? I still have the passenger side to do and I don't want to mess it up (I'll post this on the Technical Thread as well). I live about 10 miles from the Fiero Factory so I'm going to make a parts run on Monday and get a new part and a few other goodies. I'm also toying with the idea of putting a push button starter in the car. Check this out. I don't have a window defroster. So I'm going to use that slot to install a push button starter using a standard power window button - I'm still thinking the idea but I think it has potential.

Interior trim painted - you can see the difference between the stock color and the black

Both looking nice and painted

Door Panel with Glass

Starting to remove the old headliner

TaDa

With a layer of glass - when I smooth this out and get the vinyl placed it'll make all the difference in the world

A little teaser for ya - can you guys figure out what I'm thinking about doing here?

MUCH more tomorrow. It's "supposed" to be nice again so I'm going to get started early!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 02-20-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Just a quick note...

I was really moved by everybody's kindness and generosity helping Tyler get his dream car to become a reality. It says a lot about the human spirit. When Tyler left this world, I was upset. Upon reading the announcement I actually hit my desk and said "No!"... Naturally, what we all feel about Tyler's passing is NOTHING to what the Shipman family must be going through - and all my prayers are with them. When I was outside today enjoying the first beautiful weather of the year, I thought about Tyler. I stopped what I was doing and I thought how friggin unfair and cruel life can sometimes be. I'm going to be 41 in just a few weeks and these past few months have been pretty rough for me personally. But I'm more than twice Tyler's age when he left this world. At nine years old Tyler had lived half his life. That alone helps put things into perspective. At least for me.

I'm not trying to be preachy or gushy or anything like that. Tyler meant a lot to all of us even though a majority of us never knew or even met him. But his fight was our fight. His cause was our cause. That's the human spirit. I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter how bad things get or you're frustrated because you can't find a part or afford a new paint job, or you had a fight with you wife or girlfriend... think about Tyler and his family. Appreciate the things you have. More importantly, live life to the fullest.

Finally, I have no doubt Tyler is cruisin' in style... and not a single stop sign or traffic light as far as the eye can see...

Thanks
aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, it's nice out up here for a change, so I'm guessing it's nice wherever you are!
Can't wait for the update.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES!

I was able to get most of the headliner finished today. I didn't get as far as would like and I might have to get a new piece of vinyl. The piece of vinyl I purchased was near the very end of the role and has creases that I can get out. Total price for the vinyl and padding was under 10 bucks. I also installed the painted trim pieces but didn't get around to the other side so I have multicolored interior. This is where I am right now...

I sanded the healiner down for about an hour - I actually enjoyed it

Another

This is the vinyl... I thought I could get the creases out

Up close - not good. Can't really get it out

After cleaning the fiberglass I sprayed with adhesive and started laying the padding on the headliner

Nice

Another

Up close

Whoever said laying vinyl is easy was... WRONG. This is not easy at all. But the creases are really bothering me. I may just start over

You can really see the creases - not finished yet

From afar - you can see the work beginning on the door panel

Tomorrow I'm headed to the Fiero Factory to get a few goodies. I'm also going to see if i can find another piece of vinyl. The hobby center I got the vinyl from may not have ordered or received a new shipment so I may have to run around town.

That's it for today.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Greg! I sat in the house all weekend nursing a head cold. Got zero done this weekend.... I feel beaten!

Pat
aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean about recovering the headliner.

I recently recovered my Grand Am headliner with some leather. It's extremely hard to get every curve and humps without creating wrinkles. I did my headliner in 4 sections, and that worked pretty well. (divided it in half horizontally and vertically)
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's looking amazing! What kind of paint did you use to paint the interior panels? Thats on my to-do.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good Greg! I sat in the house all weekend nursing a head cold. Got zero done this weekend.... I feel beaten!

Pat

Take it easy and get lots of rest. Spring is coming and you know what that means?
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008

Originally posted by aeffertz:

I know what you mean about recovering the headliner.

I recently recovered my Grand Am headliner with some leather. It's extremely hard to get every curve and humps without creating wrinkles. I did my headliner in 4 sections, and that worked pretty well. (divided it in half horizontally and vertically)

Post some pics - would love the see it
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008

It's looking amazing! What kind of paint did you use to paint the interior panels? Thats on my to-do.

Krylon now offers their "Plastic Spray Paint" in flat black. Be sure to the clean parts before painting. I used acetone and the results were amazing. The paint laid out perfectly and it looks really nice all installed. Now go forth and paint

http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

Flat Black is product #2519

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 02-22-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock