Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68280 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I would have used stock HG's over Cometic.

This....Have read nothing but bad things about Cosmetic head gaskets..
IP: Logged
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used almost 2 cans of copper spray installing mine for this reason...

Holding ok for now but i watch my oil like a hawk.... about 1200 miles in... all of them at 26psi of boost and slicks out back lol.

I would use stock headgaskets as well, but my felpros did not last that long for me, and running pump gas he will have to know excatly what he is doing tuning wise to keep a felpro reliable.
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Holding ok for now but i watch my oil like a hawk.... about 1200 miles in... all of them at 26psi of boost and slicks out back lol.

The blazer is still sealed up as well. I think having the proper machining done on the head is critical with MLS type gaskets. Perhaps BV's didn't get the same treatment

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-14-2012).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be worth it when you have the car back. Sucks it's taken so long.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should have just spent the money towards an E900 GTR.

------------------
11.54@132.7

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it is Tuesday. Here is the update on my car:
Nothing.............

Dean said he was going to work all weekend to figure out what was wrong with my car and make the repairs in order to have it ready for the pre-booked dyno tune. Well, today is the day the car is suppose to be on the dyno. Remember I was PROMISED the car would be repaired, tuned, finished & delivered on Sep 8th. I haven't heard a word, text, or pigeon message since Dean told me of the coolant leak at the end of last week. Hopefully Dean will contact me shortly with an update.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Dean stated that we are still on schedule for the 8th.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Apparently the MLS HG's were damaged.

I find that hard to believe...

I have used ones on my car with no problems...
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am curious how he missed the damage while spraying the MLS HG's with copper spray.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm tired of checking this thread every two weeks and still you don't have the car
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its suppose to be here in 3 days. Whatever that's worth...................... Right now the top half of the motor is off and Dean is waiting on OE headgaskets to arrive from NC (for the last 2 days). Why Atlanta didn't have a set of GM headgaskets for a 3.8L GM V6 is a shocker....

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 09-05-2012).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well its suppose to be here in 3 days. Whatever that's worth...................... Right now the top half of the motor is off and Dean is waiting on OE headgaskets to arrive from NC (for the last 2 days). Why Atlanta didn't have a set of GM headgaskets for a 3.8L GM V6 is a shocker....

LOL....yeah I call BS on waiting on headgaskets for two days. Any parts store can have the gaskets in there hands in a few hours. I have seen this same excuse way to many times in this Thread.

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry you're still waiting dude...I would be very upset if it was me!

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 09-05-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Upset? Oh I am upset, I am just being smart. But I tell you this, if my car isn't here THIS Saturday, the gloves are off. I am sick of the delays, excuses (valid or not) and BS.

According to Dean his paint guy "flaked out" and my car will be in primer. It will be delivered on Saturday "running or not"!?

As any of you that have read this thread. You will notice I have only posted what Dean has told me. I have not asked him for ANYTHING above and beyond what I paid for. If he feels the need to throw in some extras due to the delays, that is fine. But all I want, and have ever wanted, is my car finished and delivered.

Last I heard, its still not running. He has just two days to get it fixed, tested, tuned & delivered on Sep 8th.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no point in rushing it now. It might be best to let him keep it for 4 more weeks so everything is right and squared away.

------------------
11.54@132.7

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Auto zone , advance, oriley's, pep boys all have headgaskets ON THE SHELF. I would imagine you could get 3800 headgaskets in every mildly populated city in the united states.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

There is no point in rushing it now. It might be best to let him keep it for 4 more weeks so everything is right and squared away.

X2, You are really NOT going to be happy if he just gives you your car back if it is NOT PERFECT. All the delays suck but the expectations are way over the top on a CUSTOM turbo build.
If you were getting a standard SC build with off the shelf parts then I could possibly see 6 - 8 weeks and the delays would be very hard to understand.

Do you have any tuning tools? If it is a rush to the finish line and shipped back to you without being properly tuned then your drive train is going to be pizzed.
Turbo 3800 is a very very different animal tuning than a SC car. I would hate to see your car blow up or run like crap because Dean didn't get to finish the tune and get the bugs out.

I know you hate the delays but it is what it is, sheet happens but I don't think you are getting ##$% with NO Vaseline in this deal.
I'm sure Dean busting his azz trying to make the unrealistic dates, keep you happy, and create a perfect monster.

Simply, it takes time to create a new wheel or you'll just end up with oval that just won't roll quite right.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moore Buick and Holt Chevy, both local to Dean, "always" have the HG's in stock. - per the parts department

Dean found the leak on Thursday of last week. ordered the gaskets on Tuesday and is "driving to Moore Buick to pick them up right now"- per Dean. Notice a week has passed.

Tuning? I'll trailer it right to the best tuner on the East Coast. MASE @ Mase Engineering. Mase has tuned several of my cars in the past. I actually told Dean I was going to take it to Mase to have the tune checked anyway.

I want my car.

I was told minutes ago, I will have my car this Saturday.- per Dean

Nosrac, I believe Justins comment was tongue in cheek.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 09-06-2012).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tuning? I'll trailer it right to the best tuner on the East Coast. MASE @ Mase Engineering. Mase has tuned several of my cars in the past. I actually told Dean I was going to take it to Mase to have the tune checked anyway.

I want my car.

I was told minutes ago, I will have my car this Saturday.- per Dean

Well, I hope everything works itself out as I know the felling of wanting your new toy back.
Good deal on taking it to the tuning shop as that is very important to get a Turbo car tuned right.
Hopefully the bugs are worked out when you get it back.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For as much as I have paid, there better not be any bugs! LOL
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

X2, You are really NOT going to be happy if he just gives you your car back if it is NOT PERFECT. All the delays suck but the expectations are way over the top on a CUSTOM turbo build.
If you were getting a standard SC build with off the shelf parts then I could possibly see 6 - 8 weeks and the delays would be very hard to understand.

Do you have any tuning tools? If it is a rush to the finish line and shipped back to you without being properly tuned then your drive train is going to be pizzed.
Turbo 3800 is a very very different animal tuning than a SC car. I would hate to see your car blow up or run like crap because Dean didn't get to finish the tune and get the bugs out.

I know you hate the delays but it is what it is, sheet happens but I don't think you are getting ##$% with NO Vaseline in this deal.
I'm sure Dean busting his azz trying to make the unrealistic dates, keep you happy, and create a perfect monster.

Simply, it takes time to create a new wheel or you'll just end up with oval that just won't roll quite right.

I agree 1000 %.

Rushing the car, regardless of the delays, is only going to result in another thread about how jacked up your car is. Do yourself (and us hehehe) a Big favor,...take a deep breath and just chill.

A build like yours requires " A LOT" of custom fab and design work, and i know for a fact Dean has been busting his rear on your car. I don't know all the details, but i am guessing (please correct me BV if i am totally wrong) like most custom builds there have probably been plenty of changes, additions, and or subtractions along the way that have probably added to the delays.

There are no guaranteed timelines when it comes to custom work because what is being done is just that,...custom. Madcurl, who is the king of customization, will tell you, if a custom car or paint shop gives you a timeline, you can probably double or triple the actual time needed.

For the most part, but not always, that is just the way it is. If the customer constantly second guesses or tries to micro manage things (and i get people like this at my work), oooooboy,.... then all bets are really off.

I really hope and expect everything will come together with your build, Dean is a standup guy,..just suck it up a little and allow the job to get done right. Hang in there.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-06-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I agree 1000 %.

Rushing the car, regardless of the delays, is only going to result in another thread about how jacked up your car is. Do yourself (and us hehehe) a Big favor,...take a deep breath and just chill.

I'll just post the outcome here.. no need for another thread.

A build like yours requires " A LOT" of custom fab and design work, and i know for a fact Dean has been busting his rear on your car. I don't know all the details, but i am guessing (please correct me BV if i am totally wrong) like most custom builds there have probably been plenty of changes, additions, and or subtractions along the way that have probably added to the delays.

Of course it does.. he has had 6 months to do it. Once we came up with a plan, the build has not changed. Its been this way since 2 weeks into the build. I know Dean has worked hard on my car at times. I really do. Unfortunately it is after I have prodded him to do so. We usually can laugh about it though. But the time is adding up... too much time has been wasted. Dean & I BOTH agree on this.

There are no guaranteed timelines when it comes to custom work because what is being done is just that,...custom. Madcurl, who is the king of customization, will tell you, if a custom car or paint shop gives you a timeline, you can probably double or triple the actual time needed.

So we are at a double-triple? LOL

For the most part, but not always, that is just the way it is. If the customer constantly second guesses or tries to micro manage things (and i get people like this at my work), oooooboy,.... then all bets are really off.

So now its my fault? FSS! I cant remember who, but someone posted a comment like this a while back and I put it to rest.

I really hope and expect everything will come together with your build, Dean is a standup guy,..just suck it up a little and allow the job to get done right. Hang in there.

We will see on Saturday. I do believe Dean is a good guy, I really do. We chat and BS all the time. I just think he is in over his head (Dean agrees) and its costing his customers. IMO, if he doesn't get a shop manager, he will fail.

You guys can take it for what its worth. I made a decision a long time ago to be as straight-forward of a person as possible. I will not lie or tolerate being lied to. You may not like what I say, but you will know it to be true. This can cause some people think I am "difficult". I'd rather be difficult than labeled a liar.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 09-06-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean's GF's daughter has a bday on Saturday. Dean forgot and asked if he could bring the car on Sunday. I'm not going to be the guy that makes him miss it. So Sunday it is. Dean also said the car is running and driving and will send me a vid. The car will NOT be dyno'd in Atl. There just isnt time now. I will get it here and run it it. Then off to MASE in Jacksonville to get it dyno tuned.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tomorrow is the big day,

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV

I have my fingers crossed for you
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
uggg, That looks far from done.

------------------
11.54@132.7

ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm hoping for the best for you as well but I have to ask...what's the rush if you can't drive it anyways? 6 months is really not long at all for a one-off custom build like he's done for you. On a positive note, I'm really looking forward to seeing how that motor and turbo setup perform.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Well, I hope everything works itself out as I know the felling of wanting your new toy back.
Good deal on taking it to the tuning shop as that is very important to get a Turbo car tuned right.
Hopefully the bugs are worked out when you get it back.

How is yours running?
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to see videos!
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been watching this roller coaster for six months, is today the day the ride is gonna end? I hope so, Good Luck....
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a text a little while ago that Dean is on the road and heading this way.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congrats BV !

What color you going with ?

Wheels ?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean and his GF were stuck in traffic for over 2hrs getting out of Atl.
LOL I see my ratings bar turned red today.... some of you crack me up.... if you only knew whats going on.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hit u with a positive rating...I like those that speak their mind and not scared of what others think..Hope the car is atleast somewhat close to what it is supposed to be.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Hit u with a positive rating...I like those that speak their mind and not scared of what others think..Hope the car is atleast somewhat close to what it is supposed to be.

I should hit you with a negative out of spite... because you were right about the time frame! LOL

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Oh yeah, I know you like Can-Am (you have an Outlander IIRC), here is a spy shot of the new Can-Am Maverick "pure sport" SxS due to be release later this month! Its a BEAST!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 09-09-2012).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got a text a little while ago that Dean is on the road and heading this way.

Congrats! Now maybe my car can get some much needed love.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock