Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 35)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68281 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Install ZZP's base map with HPTuners

"base" map should be stock...
IP: Logged
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:
Install ZZP's base map with HPTuners

I'm NOT sure about that one. Are the proper codes turned off and applicable systems disabled? Especially the rear bank O2 sensor, unless you have one.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I'm NOT sure about that one. Are the proper codes turned off and applicable systems disabled? Especially the rear bank O2 sensor, unless you have one.

then its tuned.. No sense in getting it half ass done just do then do it again yourself.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me clarify, a BASE TUNE from Turbo Tim of ZZP.

Next, here is a rough paint sketch of my vacuum routing. Let me know if I got it wrong please!

My EVAP and vacuum canister are both relocated to the passenger side inner fender area.

Port 8 on the EVAP has PCV stamped on it so it is Tee'd into the PCV circuit.

# 14 is the top port on the solenoid attached to the cruise servo. IIRC this is vented to atmosphere.

The 2 ports on the TB... one is used, the other is capped. BOTH are on the UIM side of the throttle plate.

The EWG, top port is vented to atmosphere, the side is connected to the nipple on the turbo.

I am not sure if any of these lines need to have a one way check valve installed. Since I started with basically ZERO vacuum lines, I had to make everything as I went.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 04-13-2013).]

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Turbo Tim is the man. I talked to him about my torque converter a few times last week. He's a good guy.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not sure if any of these lines need to have a one way check valve installed. Since I started with basically ZERO vacuum lines, I had to make everything as I went.

So, I assume he deleted the Auto trans and other stuff not needed in a manual Fiero setup?
The BB needs a one way check valve.
Looking good and I hope she will be all she can be.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 04-13-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, I assume he deleted the Auto trans and other stuff not needed in a manual Fiero setup?
The BB needs a one way check valve.
Looking good and I hope she will be all she can be.

Tim has been helping me via email since I got the car back. He has all the info. Funny, he actually loves the intake Dean made. I am almost dreading turning the key. I really need this car to be fixed.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Funny, he actually loves the intake Dean made.

Everyone loves that intake and ZZP would have made a fortune selling it.

Hell, My car would have been running 10's long ago if I had that intake instead of the ugly Stamatta one I purchased.

I couldn't do ugly and one thing led to another and ....
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SHE RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rich... real rich, but I haven't loaded the ZZP map yet. WOOOOHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME!!!!!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SHE RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rich... real rich, but I haven't loaded the ZZP map yet. WOOOOHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!

Since you have HP tuners it would be very easy to get a good base tune to fall back on.
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woohoo. Get some videos!

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but I haven't loaded the ZZP map yet

WHYYYYYYYYYY do I open this thread anymore.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

LOL Why do you?
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Entertainment Purposes Only

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 04-14-2013).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL Why do you?

Me thinks, He genuinely wants to help.....

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The whole catch can pcv evap interaction has me lost. You just need to run pcv and have a breater of some sort attached to a catch can. Nothing runs the evap to the pcv and nothing from he pcv goes back t he intake
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The whole catch can pcv evap interaction has me lost. You just need to run pcv and have a breater of some sort attached to a catch can. Nothing runs the evap to the pcv and nothing from he pcv goes back t he intake

There is a filter on the trunk side VC and I do have a filter for the catch can but its still in the box. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to use it. As for the T into the PCV circuit, the top of the EVAP canister, the middle port has PCV cast into the housing, just like the fuel tank and vac on the other ports. If I shouldn't run it to the PCV, I'll remove it.

BTW the FSM shows it as: top vacuum (7), next down "ported vacuum" (8) and the one on the right fuel vapor (9).

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 04-15-2013).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pcv: connect top to vac, bottom goes to crank case.
Catch can: one end goes to crank case (usually valve cover), other goes to open air (install filter).
Evap: Not really sure how this part goes, but basically suck the gas fumes out of the canister/tank when it is turned on via evap solenoid.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Video

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 04-17-2013).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dead link.
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll load it to my photobucket..
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Youtube vid

WoW it spools up very fast. It kinda sounds like a GenV M90.
Those headers must be superior to using the stock manifolds....

No exhaust, yet? it still sounds pretty damn good.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see it up and running. What is left to work out? When is the ETA for streetable? Will she be at the 30th?
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, that sounds awesome and unique!
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds really cool. I can't wait to see driving video!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Glad to see it up and running. What is left to work out? When is the ETA for streetable? Will she be at the 30th?

I dont do car shows. Not my crowd. I'd rather be hitting the apex on a road course. My friend Rob with the RB25DET powered S14 is coming over this weekend to play around with the tune with a WBO2. If he is good enough to get 636whp out of his build, we should be able to atleast get mine safe to drive. I want to get 200 miles on it before I take it to MASE for a proper tune.

Whats left?
Exhaust
Tune
Alignment
Tint
Stereo
Paint

BTW, if I pull one of the vac lines off the UIM, the car idles w/o surging. So leaning it out, make it run way better.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by Formula:

That sounds really cool. I can't wait to see driving video!

Full boost burnouts across my lawn? Jumping the speed bumps in my neighborhood? Wait, didn't I already do that?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dont do car shows. Not my crowd. I'd rather be hitting the apex on a road course. My friend Rob with the RB25DET powered S14 is coming over this weekend to play around with the tune with a WBO2. If he is good enough to get 636whp out of his build, we should be able to atleast get mine safe to drive. I want to get 200 miles on it before I take it to MASE for a proper tune.

Whats left?
Exhaust
Tune
Alignment
Tint
Stereo
Paint

BTW, if I pull one of the vac lines off the UIM, the car idles w/o surging. So leaning it out, make it run way better.

dont try to run closed loop on it when your tuner gets there.

You are not going to gain much of anything going to get it "pro tuned".
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dont try to run closed loop on it when your tuner gets there.

You are not going to gain much of anything going to get it "pro tuned".

He said the same thing about closed loop. Thanks for the advice.

------------------
2009 G8 GT Kook's 1 3/4 LT's, Kooks catted Xpipe, Magnaflow axleback, Vararam CAI, HSRK, HPTuners, Atari gauges

1988 Fiero GT L67, PT67bb, w2a, F23, & more

1987 Fiero GT 3.4TDC Road Racer.

ƒ13r0'$ rµ£3

PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great! I'm looking forward to videos of it driving.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2013 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to P&P (pick and pull) yesterday and there wasnt a single L67 there. I did find a complete and untouched 88k LQ1! Going to get that this weekend!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2013 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
LOL my day got better. I was trying to organize my parts shelf. What did I find? A brand new LC-1. SCORE!! I forgot I had it.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good to see you are making progress .sounds like your BOV is stuck closed though .its making the old whistling sewing machine noise when you close the throttle .probably not hooked up to manifold vacuum .good luck with the tuning , motor looks really nice .
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The BOV is disconnected on purpose. I am having problems with a surging idle, the BOV only amplifies the issue when its connected. Part of the problem is the open downpipe and the o2 reading being skewed. I have put the old exhaust on, well mostly. Hopefully we will start making progress on the tune once Robbie arrives tomorrow.

I do love that whistle through the exhaust though!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has Norton to do with the open down pipe. Take the narrow and out and throw it away.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mine was originally pegged to the right when I got the car back from the place where money and dreams disappear like magic. The solution was posted in this thread. LOL good luck finding it!

I couldn't find it...so tell me which specific sender (brand and part#) did you get as your is working correctly.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I couldn't find it...so tell me which specific sender (brand and part#) did you get as your is working correctly.

Look at the vid, you can see the gauge. Works PERFECT! I got this info from Timm's directions that came with the harness:

Oil pressure sender- '88 2.5L or 2.8. Delco 1808A or 10096181 or equivalent.

CTS Delco 213815 or 10096181 or equivalent
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Hopefully I can get out to Florida Rubber tomorrow and get some new fuel lines made. Apparently Dean tired to use a compression fitting incorrectly to mate the new lines to the old lines. You know, because $15 bucks worth of Earls fittings were just too much... I have a fuel leak, oh happy days.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock