Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 29)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68270 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I want him in jail more than I want money. FACT.

Really? I'm sure I would get more enjoyment spending $10k than seeing another person and their family suffer.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
IP: Logged
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, you and I have had a few PM's about everything. I hope it shows that I'm not on any bandwagon, and am just interested in you being able to be as whole as possible.

Go get your cars. There are both civil and criminal allegations here, and even if it only goes civil, ignoring a court order for restitution will lead to criminal charges brought against Dean by the courts (contempt of court for sure possibly more). You have to factor in that Dean will need representation, so any money he makes will probably go to a lawyer, and his work will likely be interrupted regularly by proceedings.

When you factor the above details in to the fact that Dean has been less than honest with people about his situation and the progression of the work he was paid to do, the only logical thing to do is cut your losses and move forward. If you've been given the incredible opportunity to have your cars finished for just the cost of supplies, it would be foolish to refuse. To reject such warm gestures to risk losing the cars by staying loyal to someone who has decided they have no loyalty to their customers may even be seen as insulting by some.

Please look out for your own. You've done the honorable thing and have given Dean a chance. It may be past the time of him being able to control his own situation. There's no shame in removing yourself and your cars from the situation. Just my $.02, good luck.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 01-30-2013).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got off the phone with the investigating team. There are no arrest(s) scheduled, planned, or expected at this time. They are only in the preliminary investigation stage at this point. To move with a criminal charge, as I understand it, intent will need to be proven plus many other points. These are difficult things to prove. It is hard to believe so much drama has evolved from one aspect of our ownership. Steve, Paul, and all others involved, I hate the situation we have been made to endure. It is niether right nor fair. I wish I could tell you I can see this is headed one specific direction with only one outcome possible but I cannot tell whether this will end up civil or criminal with any degree of certainty. I can tell you one thing with 100% certainty...this situation sucks! I really hope Paul's car gets done and Steve's car realizes his dream for it. Sam, please don't worry about your car at this point..you have bigger fish to fry. Keep your head down or your sights aimed. The man next to you demands and deserves that. Focus on the tasks at hand.

Wanted to add: I hope and believe that everyone on here knows I am an honest man and I focus hard on my integrity. In the end, that is the only thing I have which cannot be taken from me...I , and only I, must give it away. I want to see the whole situation get better but there is most likely a less than 0.000000001% chance of that happening. Having said all that, how the heck did my rating get red??? Guess I must have offended someone along the way...

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-30-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5453 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Well, there are things that are civil (my engine) and criminal (my parts). No doubt about it. Funny how Dean will explain it off that it is "just a civil matter" like it is no big deal. The civil part is the least of his worries. The thing is John, how can you, or anyone else, believe a single word that comes out of that crooks mouth? SGT Burns told me the same thing yesterday about Paul. If Dean doesnt pay him, he is going to press charges, and Dean will go to jail.

Here is the thing.. Dean committed many crimes. Some are much easy to prove than others. Personally I dont care what he goes to jail for... so long as he goes to jail. I wrote him off long ago, I know I'll probably never get a dime back. I want him in jail more than I want money. FACT.

Do yourself a favor and call SGT JJ Burns yourself.

Please understand that it is not necessarily Dean that is saying it may be civil and not criminal. I want to see the jails open for actual evil people in the world. We can't seem to hold murderers and rapists for very long. Wonder how long they manage to hold guys that remove the tags off pillows and mattresses???

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-30-2013).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I just got off the phone with the investigating team. There are no arrest(s) scheduled, planned, or expected at this time. They are only in the preliminary investigation stage at this point. To move with a criminal charge, as I understand it, intent will need to be proven plus many other points. These are difficult things to prove. It is hard to believe so much drama has evolved from one aspect of our ownership. Steve, Paul, and all others involved, I hate the situation we have been made to endure. It is niether right nor fair. I wish I could tell you I can see this is headed one specific direction with only one outcome possible but I cannot tell whether this will end up civil or criminal with any degree of certainty. I can tell you one thing with 100% certainty...this situation sucks! I really hope Paul's car gets done and Steve's car realizes his dream for it. Sam, please don't worry about your car at this point..you have bigger fish to fry. Keep your head down or your sights aimed. The man next to you demands and deserves that. Focus on the tasks at hand.

Wanted to add: I hope and believe that everyone on here knows I am an honest man and I focus hard on my integrity. In the end, that is the only thing I have which cannot be taken from me...I , and only I, must give it away. I want to see the whole situation get better but there is most likely a less than 0.000000001% chance of that happening. Having said all that, how the heck did my rating get red??? Guess I must have offended someone along the way...

I just got off the phone with SGT Burns right after you finished talking to him. You are correct Dean will not be arrested TODAY. SGT Burns reaffirmed to me that in fact Dean is suppose to contact me to resolve our situation. At no time was he told that my situation was only a civil matter. This already has ended bad for everyone involved and nothing is going to fix it… not money, not jail time… it’s ugly and will always be ugly until the end of time.

John you didn’t get any red from me!
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

John you didn’t get any red from me!

I don't DO RED!

It's GREEN or Nuthin !
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mom was right...can't make everyone happy!
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mom was right...can't make everyone happy!

I gave you a plus for having faith in your fellow man, hopefully it does not turn out to be misguided.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please understand that it is not necessarily Dean that is saying it may be civil and not criminal. I want to see the jails open for actual evil people in the world. We can't seem to hold murderers and rapists for very long. Wonder how long they manage to hold guys that remove the tags off pillows and mattresses???

A crime is a crime... where do you cut off punishment? That last statement really bothers me. Are you trying to minimize what crimes Dean has committed? Surely not.

As for your ratings.. cant help you there. I gave up caring how fickle people can be if your opinion does not agree with theirs. I went from excellent ratings to deep into the negative over this whole Dean situation. All I can do is laugh about it now.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No...not at all trying to make light of what Dean has done. He knows he was wrong, as do both you and I. For some reason it struck me...the tags read it is a federal offense to remove them. I had a flash of a movie back in the 80s where prisoner #1 asks prisoner #2 what he is in for to which prisoner #2 responds murder then asks prisoner #1 what he is in for. Prisoner #1 replies cutting the tags off of mattresses. With prison overcrowding I know I would rather have a small time con, however distateful, on the streets and a child molester, rapist, murderer behind bars. Don't take offense.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I'm all about second chances but in the end it's about finishing your car. As I see it, taking cars off his plate will help him and you out as you already have other offers.

Hell, I think your car will be done sooner with another shop than with Dean, as it has been way too long already.

I know you probably won't get all your $$$ back but cut your losses and try to work something else out with Dean.

I would try to get a lil cash back and some custom parts like a custom bumper, hood or something of value. Aren't there tons of parts laying around?

Enough is enough already and I don't think Dean can do quality work with all the stress of lawsuits, rushing builds, and maybe going to jail. I know my creative juices would be severely hampered.

^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^.
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to my car. Here is the current and actual status.

Its pretty much done. All systems are go and tuning as started. Now there is good news and bad news with this. The good news is, it is being tuned, road tuned, and will be back to me NLT Friday. Period, no exceptions. Charlie has to get some cars out of the shop and needs the cash flow.

Bad news, its getting road tuned, not dyno tuned. All of a sudden dyno tuning was "extra". Not going to argue, I don't care at this point.

When the car is returned I still have plenty of work to do. Once that work is finished, I will be taking a road trip to see Mase @ Mase Engineering to get the car properly dyno tuned. Cant say when that will be. Its near impossible to get any time to myself as is, so an entire day will probably be out of the question for a few months. We will have to wait and see. It sucks but, with my wife deployed, I am basically a single dad of 4. I cant even get to the bathroom by myself so a trip to Jacksonville is a pie in the sky dream.

I will, however, get some good GoPro action vids!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the expected life out of this motor now?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is the expected life out of this motor now?

As good as any now that it is fully built, finally.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back to my car. Here is the current and actual status.

Its pretty much done. All systems are go and tuning as started. Now there is good news and bad news with this. The good news is, it is being tuned, road tuned, and will be back to me NLT Friday. Period, no exceptions. Charlie has to get some cars out of the shop and needs the cash flow.

Bad news, its getting road tuned, not dyno tuned. All of a sudden dyno tuning was "extra". Not going to argue, I don't care at this point.

When the car is returned I still have plenty of work to do. Once that work is finished, I will be taking a road trip to see Mase @ Mase Engineering to get the car properly dyno tuned. Cant say when that will be. Its near impossible to get any time to myself as is, so an entire day will probably be out of the question for a few months. We will have to wait and see. It sucks but, with my wife deployed, I am basically a single dad of 4. I cant even get to the bathroom by myself so a trip to Jacksonville is a pie in the sky dream.

I will, however, get some good GoPro action vids!

BV i have a 9 month old and getting time to do anything is darn near impossible for me,...... i can't even begin to imagine that multiplied by four !!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As good as any now that it is fully built, finally.

Fully assembled is probably a better description. Its far from built in classic terms.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ Right on cue hahaha.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, guess what is on the Dyno!

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
First full throttle pull, 393whp.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First full throttle pull, 393whp.

Any other details?
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Any other details?

Ditto. What happened? A couple pages back it was 500+

Ok final numbers are in... and you all are gonna call BS.. but the dyno sheet doesnt lie...

546hp I'll post the sheet when I get it tomorrow.

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

Look at page 27 where I replied to you.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...088664-27.html#p1071

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 01-31-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Next text update I got, 440whp
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I just got off the phone with Charlie. Something went wrong.. 168whp is the last power it made. The car had perfect AFR at idle and if you go over 3200rpm it goes pig rich (like 9.1) and falls on its face. No matter what he does, he cant get the fuel out of it.

MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I just got off the phone with Charlie. Something went wrong.. 168whp is the last power it made. The car had perfect AFR at idle and if you go over 3200rpm it goes pig rich (like 9.1) and falls on its face. No matter what he does, he cant get the fuel out of it.

MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a mini AFR controller?

My Guess is the MAF took a dump. Whatever broke it the first time struck again.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It should have taken Charlie less than 5 minutes to figure out.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the battery died in the middle of a flash, they think something got corrupt in the ECU. I don't know, this isn't my area of expertise. By all means, if you have any suggestions, I am all ears. He said that he zeroed out the power enrichment, rescaled all the VE tables, etc and it doesn't effect the AFR. *NOTE* I could have all those remedial steps wrong.. I just don't know enough about it.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by nosrac:

Do you have a mini AFR controller?

My Guess is the MAF took a dump. Whatever broke it the first time struck again.

Apparently, the car is tuned w/o the MAF initially. Something about speed density. Then once its "safe", the MAF is switched back on and the tuning continues. Something is wack.. because it still idles perfect but the higher it revs, the ECU begins dumping fuel with aplomb. Hopefully its just something in the tune. I doubt its mechanical since the afr's are good below 3200.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

. Then once its "safe", the MAF is switched back on and the tuning continues. Something is wack..

Correct he is doing the VE tune which the PCM uses when there is NO MAF signal.

However, if the MAF tables are off or the MAF is fubared then there is the issue.

Is the MAF "on" when it took the dump? I thought you don't go WOT while VE tuning because it just dumps fuel to be safe.

I have to check my manual to be sure.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been informed the current idea is that their is something wrong with the ECU. Either the ECU itself or the tune. Charlie is going to load the original tune (from a backup ECU I have to go source today) and use the compare feature in HPTuners to see if there is something he missed. If not, we are going to try the spare ECU. If this doesnt sort the car, I swear I am gonna stuff a 100% stock L67 in it, get a new harness from Jim at Injection Technology and park the damn thing.

PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If he did any of what you said.... its completely wrong and he has no clue what he is doing.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, BV you need to stop where you're at, send the car to DH, and let him show you how it's done.

Hopefully the other ECU will sort things. If not I'd get ahold of Darth and see if he can help you troubleshoot it and send you a base tune. If it costs $100 - $200 it's worth it IMO.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree with the prior posts.....you never tune VE while in PE mode. There is no reason to tune the VE in that frame. Some say it has no bearing....others disagree....regardless it is for below 4000rpms and not in PE mode....the MAF does the fueling 98.4% of the time.

Dave
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

If he did any of what you said.... its completely wrong and he has no clue what he is doing.

From a few posts up *NOTE* I could have all those remedial steps wrong.. I just don't know enough about it.

How about some suggestions?

nosrac the original MAF wasnt reading and had to be replaced. There went another $100.... Charlie says it is reading fine now.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 02-01-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have been informed the current idea is that their is something wrong with the ECU. Either the ECU itself or the tune. Charlie is going to load the original tune (from a backup ECU I have to go source today) and use the compare feature in HPTuners to see if there is something he missed. If not, we are going to try the spare ECU. If this doesnt sort the car, I swear I am gonna stuff a 100% stock L67 in it, get a new harness from Jim at Injection Technology and park the damn thing.

Just send it up here.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Just send it up here.

Sorry buddy, thats not an option for me.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Yes, BV you need to stop where you're at, send the car to DH, and let him show you how it's done.

Hopefully the other ECU will sort things. If not I'd get ahold of Darth and see if he can help you troubleshoot it and send you a base tune. If it costs $100 - $200 it's worth it IMO.

Lol.

A stock pcm with just the injector constants changed would work pretty good and probably make more power than most things. Wih the last turbo build up here thats all we had for a few days before i put the afc in.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

I have to agree with the prior posts.....you never tune VE while in PE mode. There is no reason to tune the VE in that frame. Some say it has no bearing....others disagree....regardless it is for below 4000rpms and not in PE mode....the MAF does the fueling 98.4% of the time.

Dave

OK, like I said, don't trust that I am conveying what Charlie said correctly. Its all gibberish to me anyway. The big question is why is it dumping fuel like there is no tomorrow above 3200rpm? The higher you rev the worse it gets. It idles perfectly @ a 14.7 and as you ramp up the throttle it just gets richer and richer. But when Charlie tries to lean it out, it has practically no effect on the AFR.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Lol.

A stock pcm with just the injector constants changed would work pretty good and probably make more power than most things. Wih the last turbo build up here thats all we had for a few days before i put the afc in.

Thats what I said to Charlie. Even with all the problems the car had prior to dropping it off, I was still able to DRIVE it to him. Now that the engine and all the other problems have been "fixed" it should run even better! So it leads me to think the problem is something in the tune or something Charlie missed. I kept telling Charlie "don't assume anything Dean touched has been done correctly". Thats why I came up with the idea of sticking a stock, untouched ECU in it just to see if the AFR's dont go pig rich again. If it doesn't, then I would ASSUME their has to be something wrong with the tune or ECU.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock