Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68280 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am probably going to regret saying this, but the car should be coming home this week sometime.

No new updates... we have to get a different spring for the EWG for anything over 17psi. It just wont go much more than 16psi with the current setup. So we are stuck near 470.
IP: Logged
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I'm sure you will be happy to have it back. Let's see some video's!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still 470.....wow!
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you replacing the spring before you bring it home, or leaving it at 17psi?
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What base spring does it have ?

Althouh dyno numbers are fun this thing still needs to prove itself on the road which from my experiencevis the real challenge. 17psi is also asking an absolute ton out of the 93 octane in there... i wouldnt dream of running that much more than a few times.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

What base spring does it have ?

Althouh dyno numbers are fun this thing still needs to prove itself on the road which from my experiencevis the real challenge. 17psi is also asking an absolute ton out of the 93 octane in there... i wouldnt dream of running that much more than a few times.

You suggesting he convert to E85?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:
You suggesting he convert to E85?

Not really. Most I would run with my much better setup (bigger turbo/intercooler/cam) was about 475whp on pump gas... Trying to do much more than the 425 whp he is making (in comparison to my auto) on pump through the tiny IC is suicidal.

Not suggesting anything, as i know it will go ignored anyway.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not really. Most I would run with my much better setup (bigger turbo/intercooler/cam) was about 475whp on pump gas... Trying to do much more than the 425 whp he is making (in comparison to my auto) on pump through the tiny IC is suicidal.

Thanks, but she is doing fine so far. Proof is in the pudding as they say. Why not wait and see what the final result is? Oh and BTW, ZZP says 500whp is easily attainable with my EXACT config.. "tiny intercooler" and all.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by Formula:

Are you replacing the spring before you bring it home, or leaving it at 17psi?

Yes and no. Right now we just want to see what the car can do. Then we will set the boost back down to 8-10psi and leave it until I get a ZPP long block or the engine from Jeff's 800hp Bonny (freshened up, of course). Like I said, I just want to drive it for a while. But WTH, may as well see what she can do.

Edit, E85 is a no go here. Stations are too far and few. I want to be able to drive the car anywhere @ anytime.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 01-07-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Yowza! 470 is a very respectable number regardless! Just remember, no burnouts in school zones

Can I do full boost burnouts in my yard and jump the speed bumps in my neighborhood? LOL
PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Can I do full boost burnouts in my yard and jump the speed bumps in my neighborhood? LOL

I actually have a video of someone in a red turbo 3.8 fiero doing that....

jk
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

I actually have a video of someone in a red turbo 3.8 fiero doing that....

jk

I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was gonna say when you get her back you need to take a vid of you doing them full boost burnouts and jumping speed bumps to make all the master of the universe engine builders crawl back under their rocks.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I was gonna say when you get her back you need to take a vid of you doing them full boost burnouts and jumping speed bumps to make all the master of the universe engine builders crawl back under their rocks.

I will if you let me borrow your car.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure just please, if you're gonna put a scratch on her do it on the drivers side (had a boo boo when some jack@$$ ran me off the road into a fire hydrant, paint comes in the summer).

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I'm just as anal about my cars as you are so be careful haha.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Sure just please, if you're gonna put a scratch on her do it on the drivers side (had a boo boo when some jack@$$ ran me off the road into a fire hydrant, paint comes in the summer).

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I'm just as anal about my cars as you are so be careful haha.

She will be in good hands! I went thru my mullet stage too!

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I'm more of a Fiero guy for sure but I needed something with a backseat and more reliable. Some day I'll have one like yours, an FI 3800 or L61 ecotec with the FY1 F23 was my dream for my 87 GT.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, but she is doing fine so far. Proof is in the pudding as they say. Why not wait and see what the final result is? Oh and BTW, ZZP says 500whp is easily attainable with my EXACT config.. "tiny intercooler" and all.

Liar. The smallest air/air makes a stage2 under blower ic look tiny. While you can push a smaller ic its only on race gas that you would be doing this. These numbers below are also auto trans figures which are much lower than a manual trans setup would be.

The aluminum IC core is 22x8x3.5". The intercooler kit comes with a 50mm blow off valve. All couplers are high-dollar Turbonetics silicone. The tubing is all TIG welded 304 stainless steel with high-gloss black powder-coating. High-grade T-bolt clamps are also included. The base interrcooler works well to 425WHP and has been pushed to over 500WHP but once you've past 425, the larger IC would show improvements.

Then we will set the boost back down to 8-10psi and leave it until I get a ZPP long block or the engine from Jeff's 800hp Bonny

Neither of these things would help you obtain reliable power passed where you are now. a ZZP long block offers zero power handling upgrades.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Neither of these things would help you obtain reliable power passed where you are now. a ZZP long block offers zero power handling upgrades.

Dude, you can use a smaller core on a W2A heat exchanger because it is 4x more efficient at heat transfer than a2a. This isnt rocket science, its fairly common knowledge. C'mon now, just because its smaller, physically, doesn't mean it is not as good. lol Of course the ZZP engine will offer many advantages to nearly every aspect of my "dirty dean" engine. If you, or anyone else, thinks this engine is as good as what ZZP sells, I'll rip it out and sell it to you for the cost of a ZZP long block. All we have done is clean it up, repair the heads, replace a few items and sort out the fuel problem and tune. There are many things I plan on changing when its time for the new crate motor. I am sure most will work, others may not. I wont know for sure until I am in there. However, I know my way around an engine as well, lately I just cant be bothered and paid the price being lazy... there it is in a nutshell. 3800's are not your exclusive domain. Its an engine, not quantum physics.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 01-07-2013).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

469 and counting

I hate you. *finger smiley* My GT is still prettier at least.

Awesome numbers. Nice to see some happiness, eh?
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've heard you say several times that you can make 500whp on 93.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

I've heard you say several times that you can make 500whp on 93.

its possible, just not without a big intercooler and balls.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

its possible, just not without a big intercooler and balls.

BV are the numbers you're posting WHP or BHP? Just wondering if I missed something since DH keeps saying you're making less power than you're posting.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV are the numbers you're posting WHP or BHP? Just wondering if I missed something since DH keeps saying you're making less power than you're posting.

Nah he is right on. The manual trans is a huge power booster.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV,
Hey man I know you are probably about over trying to get your Fiero done the way you want after all the drama lately but you gotta be pleased when first time off the dyno and an initial tune the car goes 450+HP LOL I know I would be salivating in anticipation of getting to drive a fiero with that much testosterone under the hood... Gonna make for a sweet ride. I would probably want to push it a bit like you are initially on the dyno to see what it will do CAREFULLY and then back off on the boost to a reasonably safe street level. I agree with the others tho that we NEED to see a dyno video I love watching Fiero's make some real HP on the dyno....The offer is still on the table for that Tig welding lessons, hell I would give you some instruction just for a quick ride in that monster of yours. Good luck with it and keep in touch. Peace

Pete

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok final numbers are in... and you all are gonna call BS.. but the dyno sheet doesnt lie...

546hp I'll post the sheet when I get it tomorrow.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok final numbers are in... and you all are gonna call BS.. but the dyno sheet doesnt lie...

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow very nice,
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A video would be nice. Any chance he got one?

Also, what level was the boost set at?

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 01-09-2013).]

Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! Incredible power from these 3800's. well hopefully those numbers will end your misery of the last few months. I know it would for me.

[This message has been edited by Dementia (edited 01-09-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nice hp, how much torque?
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy Schnikies!!! Man that is a bucketload of horsepower BV... You must be pretty pleased with that. You're car should really haul the Bacon now LOL.... Please oh pretty please drive it to Tennessee so I can take a ride in it... I've yet to experience a REALLY FAST Fiero 3800 I am curious as to how it feels and sounds. Lord I want a 3800 in my Fiero at some point. It is just a matter of time LOL.... I Really hope someone was standing handy with the video camera when this was happening..... SMOKIN!! Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Final tune before we back it back down the boost before & after: Dynojet dyno if anyone wants to know.

High boost
567.36hp / 525.18tq (peak hp was at 6,100rpm... thats odd.)

Low boost
397hp / 430tq (peak at 4,800 where it surged and the boost came back down)

Done. Now I got to get to work on paint, interior & ICE.

Changes to when I got it from Dean:
Engine was professionally rebuilt
Heads replaced
Coils and Ign module moved to the battery location
Correct valve springs fitted
Tune
Fuel pump and FPR replaced (under warranty)
PCV circuit added... brilliant method too!
Oil return line into the pan moved
Chargcooler & oil scavaging pumps rewired to only work when the engine is running (run off the oil pressure switch)
3" exhaust, magnaflow muffler replace the garbage that was on there. Exhaust cutout was also removed.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 01-10-2013).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Final tune before we back it back down the boost before & after: Dynojet dyno if anyone wants to know.

High boost
567.36hp / 525.18tq (peak hp was at 6,100rpm... thats odd.)

Low boost
397hp / 430tq (peak at 4,800 where it surged and the boost came back down)

Done. Now I got to get to work on paint, interior & ICE.

Changes to when I got it from Dean:
Engine was professionally rebuilt
Heads replaced
Coils and Ign module moved to the battery location
Correct valve springs fitted
Tune
Fuel pump and FPR replaced (under warranty)
PCV circuit added... brilliant method too!
Oil return line into the pan moved
Chargcooler & oil scavaging pumps rewired to only work when the engine is running (run off the oil pressure switch)
3" exhaust, magnaflow muffler replace the garbage that was on there. Exhaust cutout was also removed.

What is high boost v/s low boost as far as levels? Are we talking 18 / 20 / 22 lbs of boost?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a billion.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a billion.

1 million!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1 million!

I call BS!!!!!!
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is high boost v/s low boost as far as levels? Are we talking 18 / 20 / 22 lbs of boost?

More than you can afford pal.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey I heard this car does backflips, got any video proof?!?

(Really any video or picture or dyno sheet update would satisfy me though.)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock