Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68279 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-14-2012).]

IP: Logged
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Plugging as in driving or fixing? I have the same pump (Brand Spanking New) that I would have sold you for next to nothing but you were too fast on the draw.
I didn't need it as I ended up copying how D H routed his setup.

I am looking for a turbowerx for my trailblazer!!! PM me!
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Just fixing things. Hopefully I will be driving it today. Just depends on when that stupid pump arrives. 5 days from TX seems awful long for shipping......

Texas via Hong Kong! lol
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pump is in. I went into town and had some outrageously over-spec lines made for the oil return. I pulled the crap Pep Boys filter that Dean installed and put on a big K&N filter. Now I'd like to say I was surprised, sadly I am not, there were all kinds of trash & metal shavings INSIDE the filter.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
P0300
P0134
P1673

Got those on my way to get the car aligned. its running like dog doo-doo. Spits, sputter, hesitates and the CEL is flashing.

oh yeah.. still smokes too.

DavePatron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePatronClick Here to visit DavePatron's HomePageSend a Private Message to DavePatronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow i love those black wheels, really makes it look aggresive

------------------
Tattoo Training

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dave. I forgot how small these are on the road. Even a Prius towers over it.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you men running like poo? Idle, part throttle, boost? I would start with checking plug wires. What spark plugs are in there? Check for cracks etc.

I spy something missing in this pic, lol.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

P0300 Caused by the Big Cam and Needs to be removed from the tune.
P0134 Probably need to disable the second O2 bank.
P1673 Not sure what the hell that one is.

Spits, sputter, hesitates MAYBE because of low IAC setting should be set @ 900 for ST2 cam or Maybe because O2 sensor is NOT working

CEL is flashing because of misfire P0300.

oh yeah.. still smokes too .probably need a oil feed restrictor for the smoke problem

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 10-06-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

What do you men running like poo? Idle, part throttle, boost? I would start with checking plug wires. What spark plugs are in there? Check for cracks etc.

I spy something missing in this pic, lol.

I wonder what?

Idle, tip in, part throttle, you name it. Only time it runs decent is when its cold or above part throttle. I am going to move the coil pack and wires to more of an original set up. I dont like the wires routed the way they are.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I may have to try one. When I called Precision Turbo they said not to use one and just use a -4 oil feed.

I have a Precision too and used this restrictor. No smoke and works well so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gar...&hash=item3a7a31dcde
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
P0134 - What does the scanner read for the O2 sensor? It should constanly change, about 4 times a second, and be all over the map, IIRC.

Spits, sputter, hesitates ....LOL you gotta break dat horse in....in other words tune it properly.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 10-06-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting fed up with this car.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spoke with Charlie.. he makes his own restrictors using NOS jets. He makes them per application. He is coming tomorrow to DL the tune to get a head start for Tuesday. *fingers crossed* it goes well with the tune. I am getting fed up with this car.

I assume he has HP Tuners and I'm not sure if you have a DHP tune in yout PCM. You may not be able to DL it.

The tune is not hard if you know what to do or start from a good base.

Be sure to get a mini or Fixed freq AFC from ZZP or you will run out of MAF and blow it up.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IIRC the car has a base map in it with HP tuners. 1st I have heard about the AFC bit. I'll look into it. Is there a big MAF conversion for our application?

No maf conversion is worth it... Get the afc. more info below.

oh yeah.. still smokes too.

It will smoke from build up stuck all over in the turbo... just wait for it to go away after 20-30 miles. Dont use a restrictor.

Spits, sputter, hesitates

Bad spark of some sort... wires/plugs/coils.... Or its just WAY too rich. This will cause a flashing cel.

Dont try to "tune" this car or put it on a dyno before you have it driving around... or you will just be in for a giant shop bill trying to get it running right on the dyno, only to make some useless "tuning" runs as you will need to change out the maf setup soon anyway.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Bad spark of some sort... wires/plugs/coils.... Or its just WAY too rich. This will cause a flashing cel.

Dont try to "tune" this car or put it on a dyno before you have it driving around... or you will just be in for a giant shop bill trying to get it running right on the dyno, only to make some useless "tuning" runs as you will need to change out the maf setup soon anyway.

I drove the car into town (20min each way) and there was no noticeable reduction in the amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust. Either its so rich that its washing the cylinders and preventing the rings from seating, or there is a issue in the valves or turbo seals. That's my best guess.

I just need to see whats going on with the tune before getting too crazy with it. I will look into the MAF/AFC as well.

Thanks guys...

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-07-2012).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You NEED to get the AFC, all mechanical issues need to be fixed and boost leak checked before it sees the turner.

------------------
11.54@132.7

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worth stepping up to the Northstar kit by ZZP or S2 L67 TB?? Or should I just try the mini AFC or fixed mini AFC?

BTW Charlie Stump is a one stop shop kind of builder. He is well known for his late model turbo car builds.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-07-2012).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Worth stepping up to the Northstar kit by ZZP or S2 L67 TB?? Or should I just try the mini AFC or fixed mini AFC?

PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AFC, ...bro.

Although I don't use the afc, just epoxy and scrap metal.

------------------
11.54@132.7

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW Charlie Stump is a one stop shop kind of builder. He is well known for his late model turbo car builds.

Problem is the stock PCM can only read 11500 Hz so you HAVE to scale that back so the Turbo airflow wont exceed that value.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Problem is the stock PCM can only read 11500 Hz so you HAVE to scale that back so the Turbo airflow wont exceed that value.

I read about that. I do not doubt you guys about the MAF issue. I am just curious if its worth getting the N* kit from ZZP.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I read about that. I do not doubt you guys about the MAF issue. I am just curious if its worth getting the N* kit from ZZP.

IMO, Not worth it in a Turbo application unless you have a GenIII NA intake and the TB will better match the port.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no point in a larger throttle body when you have a huge restriction after it.

------------------
11.54@132.7

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could swap a 2.8 throttle body on if you wanted and not lose power.. Look at the outlet of your turbo....
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

You could swap a 2.8 throttle body on if you wanted and not lose power.. Look at the outlet of your turbo....

LOL Fair enough.
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not to get too far off track of your tuning issues but why do you still have the old vaccum cruise control? If you are still using cruise control wouldn't it be electronic now? If you aren't using cruise control why is it still there?

Just curious.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see anything wrong with the stock CC as long as it works. I have no idea if it does..... lol
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dropped the car off with Charlie today. Here goes nothing...............................................

Update when I hear anything.
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good luck........ .......

------------------
11.54@132.7

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

good luck........ .......

Thanks... I appreciate it! I just need to catch a break on this damn car.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worst case, you'll need a new short block and turbo. That's really no big deal.

------------------
11.54@132.7

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Worst case, you'll need a new short block and turbo. That's really no big deal.

If it comes down to that, I will pull it all out and install a stock L67.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If it comes down to that, I will pull it all out and install a stock L67.

Put in a L36 and you would absolutely love it with the cam, IC, headers, and F23.

Anyhoo, hope the tuner can "dial" it in.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 10-09-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean is so f'ing full of **** . I swear that guy is a damn liar and I hate his worthless guts. Hey dumbass, the car was never going to run with a STOCK L67 tune with the 68# injectors, ST2 cam, turbo etc.

Worthless piece of dog sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All those that neg'd me over telling the truth about Dean... keep ignoring the facts, you'll be sorry if you let him touch your car.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything constructive for an update?

edit: VVV thanks Did he re-tune it for your turbo application then?

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 10-10-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Anything constructive for an update?

Charile re-wired the oil & charge-cooling pumps to run off the fuel pump circuit or something like that. Now they wont run unless the engine is running. Thats a step in the right direction....
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean is so f'ing full of **** . I swear that guy is a damn liar and I hate his worthless guts. Hey dumbass, the car was never going to run with a STOCK L67 tune with the 68# injectors, ST2 cam, turbo etc.

Worthless piece of dog sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All those that neg'd me over telling the truth about Dean... keep ignoring the facts, you'll be sorry if you let him touch your car.

in fact it would never start, and it most likely wouldnt move very well.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock