Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68281 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow,...lots of goodies !

Bet you can't wait to play.

IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Dean and his GF were stuck in traffic for over 2hrs getting out of Atl. The HWY was closed and traffic re-routed. IIRC Dean is in Alabama just past Phenix City. So that should put him here in about 3hrs.

Just saw the reason today's delay. They had an armed robbery up in his area, police chase, PIT maneuver, suspect pulled a gun, Police Officer rendered him Toes Up and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation shut down the interstate for a full investigation. Hope you're listening to the whine of that turbocharger by now.

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She is HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this car! I had to pull a 180 in a neighbors yard when I thought the car was on fire...turned out it was just the exhaust wrap. Pucker moment for sure.
Excuse me, I have much to do!

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-14-2012).]

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well get your ass busy. Did you get your suit and helmet ordered yet?
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you got it back finally! Now get to work finishing it!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I had to remove the stock wheel locks by hammering on a socket. The wheel lock is MIA. My factory original sun shade and sun shade bag are also MIA. I put in several calls to Dean to no avail. Hopefully he will call me tomorrow.

Oh yeah, my new front wheels arent even close to fitting. odd, since they are much smaller than the ones I had on my last 88GT. Grrrrr

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 09-10-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Status update:

Installed RD zero lash endlinks (found some zerk fittings missing, and greased the ones that were there)

Installed new rear wheels & tires & raised the rear of the car 7/8ths (exhaust hangs really low & with 4mo of pretty much non-stop rain, our road is destroyed)

RD comp short shifter installed. The new F23 cables still need to be worked in a bit. its still as notchy as I remember Fieros to be!

TXGOOD center console, arm rest and glove box installed. I have to say, this is hands down the best made "privateer" custom made Fiero part I have EVER seen. Seriously, well done TXGOOD! Only niggle was the stock cig lighter connections dont fit the AUX outlet very well. I think I may have to swap to some simple red blade terminal ends. I did get the glove box door pocket to fit in there as well. However, I found that the center console is no longer bolt down at the back. With the L67 ECU mounted in the stock location, the mounts have been removed along with the original ECU tray. I'll have to fab up some simple brackets. You cant tell, but I know it, and its driving me crazy.
Spare tire- LOL no f'ing way its coming out. With the larger Blazer booster and front mounted battery, its in there and doesn't want to come out. I'll try letting all the air out and see if I can wiggle it out. Otherwise I will have to remove the MC and that should do the trick. I never run with the spare anyway so it will get put in storage.

I am just starting on the HID's. But I need the car driveable so I can take it to the DMV tomorrow and get it legal. I hope they dont give me too much grief since I purchased it 6 months ago and can finally sort out the paperwork. Florida requires all out of state cars to have the VIN inspected for some reason. So the car has to be present at the DMV.

I am finding all kinds of little things here and there to "fix". No biggie but I am surprised a bit. I am kinda upset about the wheel locks, and more importantly, my sunshade. Thats minor stuff. Hopefully there wont be any big surprises later.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
One last thing, the temp guage is pointing straight up. Dean said the temp and idiot light wires may be backwards. He said he would verify and let me know what to check.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea my F23 shift cable took some time too loosen up. How do you like the F23/ ratios so far?

Looks awesome, gotta get going on my turbo build.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seemed fine to me but I only drove it around the block. I did a awesome 180 in my neighbors front yard (Sorry Joe!) when I saw all the smoke coming out of the deckild.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV
I am glad you got your car back

you said that " the car hits HARD...."
How do you compare it to othe cars you had. ?
for explaple the Skyline, I know you also had a 3800SC Fiero...

When are you going to dyno it ?

P l e a s e elaborate

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 09-10-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, the CEL is on.. yay!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-10-2012).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The burning is probably coming out the filter on the valve cover. When u blip the throttle it pushes oil our of the filter and it hits the header. Had this same issue when I went from ICed to not...
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are going to do a COMP check in the next day or two. Add a PCV system w/ catch can. But first I need to get all my ducks in a row and document everything. Plan B in full effect.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are going to do a COMP check in the next day or two. Add a PCV system w/ catch can. But first I need to get all my ducks in a row and document everything. Plan B in full effect.

I added a stock filler cap with rubber hose coming out the middle back with a catch can to my setup to solve the issue.
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I missed it somewhere in the thread...what computer are you running?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I added a stock filler cap with rubber hose coming out the middle back with a catch can to my setup to solve the issue.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would leave those stock wheels for now. They look great. Put some sticky wider tires (DRs?) and run the sleeper. If you can call a Fiero body a sleeper
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nothing I have ever owned hit as hard as my old NISMO R33 GTR V-Spec II. Not even close.

700whp+? I wouldnt expect justins or mine to lose to one unless it was making that much power.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

700whp+? I wouldnt expect justins or mine to lose to one unless it was making that much power.

I don't understand your point or even the relevance.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nothing I have ever owned hit as hard as my old NISMO R33 GTR V-Spec II. Not even close. The Fiero is pretty awesome though in the short time I drove it. Of course that didnt exceed 1/2 throttle either. I have to get it tuned before I open her up. I want to get it tuned right away. First I need to figure out why its smoking so badly. Every blip of the throttle produces smoke. It smokes out of the breather filter on the VC as well. We are going to run a compression test. Dean eliminated the PCV system for some reason as well. I think its the turbo seals or oil feed restrictor. Also, the CEL is on.. yay!

BUGS....LoL... Got a Scanner?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Did U MOD her back up...?
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

I did the same except it just dumps onto my frail rail that runs next to the strut tower. I drilled and tapped the valve cover cap for a 3/4" hose barb. I've never had anything come out that end so I must not have much blowby. I still retain the stock PCV valve but have the fresh air draw ports plugged. The only drawback I see is possible sucking some dusty air up the valve cover vent tube. I went without for awhile and was getting moisture building up on the inside of the valve covers.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are on plan B ......wait, I thought you were going with Plan F followed by Plan U
StreetStock83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StreetStock83Send a Private Message to StreetStock83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it noted for all to see the posts of this car:
As this vehicle came off the trailer, less than 43 seconds the owner is doing a full boost burn out across his own yard, down his street still at WOT airborne over some serious obstructions in his road, and returning in the same fashion catching even further air. The car, shedding sparks as the cut out on the exhaust system drags pavement . . . The video I was anonymously emailed shows what one man and a very fast Machine can do to a neighbor’s yard. . .WoW now that’s how ya break in a “base tuned” Custom made turbo 3800 engine conversion.
You had Better dump the break in lube. As I used a single grade ZDDP-enhanced Engine Break-In Oil I had not intended it to be used for anything but break-in the hard abuse prior to full tune on the OBDII Turbo and at least a few more minutes than given. I should know, I assembled that “very hard hitting” engine you just finished ragging out and FYI if Whodeanies hasn’t yet, I have voided my warrantee as of Sept, 9 2012
Poor engine break-in is the #1 reason engine builders stay in business. Keep up the good work.
I am not Trying to be rude or evil just want the truth that the product I build is a product worth being in a Whodeanie Custom. Where VERY HARD work is respected and appreciated for its true automotive values…..
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by StreetStock83:

As this vehicle came off the trailer, less than 43 seconds the owner is doing a full boost burn out across his own yard, down his street still at WOT airborne over some serious obstructions in his road, and returning in the same fashion catching even further air. The car, shedding sparks as the cut out on the exhaust system drags pavement . . . The video I was anonymously emailed shows what one man and a very fast Machine can do to a neighbor’s yard. . .WoW now that’s how ya break in a “base tuned” Custom made turbo 3800 engine conversion.
You had Better dump the break in lube. As I used a single grade ZDDP-enhanced Engine Break-In Oil I had not intended it to be used for anything but break-in the hard abuse prior to full tune on the OBDII Turbo and at least a few more minutes than given. I should know, I assembled that “very hard hitting” engine you just finished ragging out and FYI if Whodeanies hasn’t yet, I have voided my warrantee as of Sept, 9 2012
Poor engine break-in is the #1 reason engine builders stay in business. Keep up the good work.
I am not Trying to be rude or evil just want the truth that the product I build is a product worth being in a Whodeanie Custom. Where VERY HARD work is respected and appreciated for its true automotive values…..

Why would the car be delivered to the owner without proper lubrication in the engine? Sounds like bad business practice.

I gotta see this video! Making full boost in grass, ...air borne! Seems legit.

Serious question engine builder: Is the brake in oil rated to be used with that precision turbo?
------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 09-11-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You just owned yourself. My GoPro was on the ENTIRE TIME! Uploading now. You just got OWNED in High Definition! I assume this is Deans $30k engine builder? Man up, don't try to post anonymously. To say you are exagerating would be an understatement.

I would have thought the warranty would have been void the second I found METAL SHAVINGS & GRINDING wheel dust in the turbo and intake when I made my trip to Atlanta back in June? Not a little, mind you, a LOT of debris. The shop had several people in it. Including the guy and his GF with the IMSA 4cyl car. Clay I believe was his name. Everyone saw me freak out and call Dean over to the car.

In Deans text:
I did not say it would not have a tune in it! I said it would be a basic one to run the car without any issues". "It is safe to drive, I put everything in the 'green' just dont go out racing it".

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 09-11-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
I call
Raw and unedited video. Not much to see but it clearly dispels this "mystery video" mentioned by our new member. Sorry to say, no "full boost burnouts", no Nitro Circus style jumps. Just a guy going for a short ride and coming back (in a hurry) because I thought the car was ON FIRE. Listen for the "when you think you are on fire, you try to find water" comment. Not much to see after I pull back into the yard. Some shaken nerves and Dean responding very casually. There was some scraping..from the exhaust that sets about an INCH off the ground! Yet another thing to fix. You'll notice how I mentioned I raised the car up a few posts back. Even Dean said it sets way too low.

I know what is going on here. Anything you guys can do to try and discredit me. Only problem is, you are the fool.

I tried to be a good guy here. I struggled with what I was instructed to do. Once I gave Dean his options, Dean himself said that he just wanted me to have my car. Nothing else. We were GOOD. He then mentioned he didnt have but $62 to his name. I tried to do a good thing and gave Dean $300 to get home. Far and above what it would take, but it felt like the right thing to do. But I am the bad guy here? Really?

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to get real Trash Can ugly....
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw you are adding a PCV and a catch can. Can you explain a bit for the layman like me as to why this is needed? I know what the PCV valve is on cars but what exactly does it do and what does the catch can do? Do the 4s and 6s have catch cans? I am thinking that, by terminology, it catches any blow by oil that makes it past the PCV but does it place that oil back into the engine or am I completely off?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

You had Better dump the break in lube. As I used a single grade ZDDP-enhanced Engine Break-In Oil I had not intended it to be used for anything but break-in the hard abuse prior to full tune on the OBDII Turbo and at least a few more minutes than given. I should know, I assembled that “very hard hitting” engine .

According to Dean in various texts, I have about 260 of the important ones saved, the oil was changed shortly after he broke the engine in. And unless Dean is lying, he said you were there to help when they had to replace the HG's (in a text dated Sep 6th @ 5:50pm). What reputable engine builder wouldn't change the oil after replacing leaking HG's?

All I have ever done in this thread was express my honest, and factual review of this build. You guys want to come in here and start a war, so be it. But you CAN NOT refute your own words.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 09-11-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to everyone following this thread, I have not responded to any of this crap because I feel my work speeks for its self and I have not ever trash talk anyone in an open forum.
my only regret is that I built a bad ass car for someone that will never care about the blood, sweet and custom design work that went into it. and then I did alot of work for free to make him happy and he just threatens me with a lawyer to get out of paying me what was owed? I guess I will see you in Court!
this is the only thing I will say about it.

have a nice life, Karma is a ***** !
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You didnt even mention how the car sounded!

From what I heard it sounded like a 2.8...LOL

I NEED more video to give you a real opinion.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

1) I feel my work speeks for its self

2) Karma is a ***** !

1) If you mean, non-tuned, rushed & thrown together, incomplete, damaged, de-frauded, tampered with the mileage etc... then yes, your work speaks for itself. There are so many astonishing problems and crap I have dealt with during this build that people would RUN to your shop to get their cars out of there if it was posted. You and I BOTH know it. There is ATM, $6k needed to complete my, and this is in your own words, "I want you to have the best car to ever leave Whodeanies Customs to make up for it".

2) You got that right! You had your chance to do the right thing.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock