Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 78)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130751 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to help Danyel find the missing link
IP: Logged
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I'm still missing the name of Dreamteam member to finish the list

Gravitic Anomaly

Thanks for any help !!!

Another bump for Danyel and to never forget.

------------------
"Hey guys i'm a total fiero head there my life I have 86 fiero gt that I ve been slowly fixing up well now here I sit at the hospitol with cancer and they can't treat it and not knowing how long I'll be here they say could be till spring or longer or shorter they don't know and I'm just trying to find someway to get it restored before I past I love this car I don't know if people help with these things or not but I figured I ask thanks guys I live in mn my names Tyler shipman and any thought counts you guys are the best" ~ Tyler Shipman

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 05-03-2010).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top...

I believe Gravitic Anomaly's name is: Tim Bush...

Don't hold me to that though..

He went and helped Stuart Restadt with the engine preparations for the swap for most of the build day, and came back..

Please be sure to include Stuart, and boysatt amongst the build team... The work they did during the build day, and the following several weeks was a part of the entire project.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keeping this out of archives.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis --- are there any pics of Stuart Restadt anywhere... so I can include his profile on the dream team ?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Synthesis --- are there any pics of Stuart Restadt anywhere... so I can include his profile on the dream team ?

They are back in this thread... Look for the post from Tyler where Stuart came by in his black Notchie to take Tyler for a ride in it. Stuart is very tall, wild hair and a mustache..

Oh, and BUMP! This thread needs to stay on top!
longgonefiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longgonefieroSend a Private Message to longgonefieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After hearing about this all I have to say is the Fiero community is outstanding. My best wishes to all of you who were involved in this.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Need to keep this alive.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here, use this

fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5fierose:

hey guys i love the t shirt it looks really sweet and i do wear a medium and also could i get a couple more for my brother (small) and (medium) for when hes older and my dad wears (XL) if thats not to much ill pay for them to if you want thanks guys

Tyler Shipman

I was reading this and it all the sudden hit me how not very long ago his passing was. Now, I'm not usually a softy, but it brought me to tears. I'm glad we got to meet Tyler at the build. The fiero family is amazing. All of you guys just make me smile. I know when we visited Frazee for the show he was there with us in spirit.

[This message has been edited by fierogal123 (edited 07-30-2010).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now you got me too...
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top to keep this going.

I was asked for the URL so that KARE11 might include it in their story broadcast.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hard to believe it has been almost a year since we were working on Ty’s car. He and his friends and family in the shop, all excited about it. The whole town pouring out giving us anything we needed, food and support. Then cramming all night and the amazing unveiling day. Now the first annual memorial car show has come and past, with many more to come. The memory of it all, and all the people I have had the privilege to meet, it still gets me right in my heart when I think about it. Tyler affected many hearts and lives. I’m sure it will all be refreshed again in my memory when they air the news story about the memorial carshow slated to air a few days from now.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hard to believe it has been almost a year since we were working on Ty’s car. He and his friends and family in the shop, all excited about it. The whole town pouring out giving us anything we needed, food and support. Then cramming all night and the amazing unveiling day. Now the first annual memorial car show has come and past, with many more to come. The memory of it all, and all the people I have had the privilege to meet, it still gets me right in my heart when I think about it. Tyler affected many hearts and lives. I’m sure it will all be refreshed again in my memory when they air the news story about the memorial carshow slated to air a few days from now.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Jason. I still remember speaking with Tyler over Skype in Iraq. He was so humble, and was a man of few words, but you could tell so much how grateful he was. Little did he know that he did more for us than we did for him. And then Valentine's Day hit me in the chest like a bag of bricks. I still remember reading that he had passed and feeling like I couldn't breathe. I remember being angry with God that he would take such a special, innocent child, and deprive the world of his existence. Meeting Daneele, Jay, Cassie, Carter, and Ty's grandparents, it was so apparent how special that young man was. The only regret I have is that I couldn't do more, but I felt so much better after I saw the outpouring of support from you guys, and the rest of PFF and vendors. Because of you all, that boy was able to forget about his grim future, if just for a little while. God bless you guys. Miss you Tyler.
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Ditto. I also think about how this build has created so many friendships that will last for many years to come.

Fred
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree.

It has been nearly a year, and I remember the entire build project, and that weekend as if it was yesterday.
I also remember the preceding three weeks of time during the lead up to the build, the phone calls, the businesses all saying "yes".

The first week, I was just calling around to see what I could do. It wasn't until week two that I truly felt an emotional investment...

And the last week leading up to the build was the hardest part.. A lot of anxiety about doing this, and having it done in time, laying deadlines down without having seen the car in person... Hoping that Tyler was happy with the result and would get to enjoy the car before the snow flew.

When Sunday morning rolled around, I was so exhausted I wanted to break down and cry. I was so happy, I wanted to break down and cry.. And I was so damned excited, I wanted to scream out loud..
Tempers got short once in a while, but we moved on and made up, and friendships were built. Every one of us at the build can single each other out in a crowd now. I will never forget the people that were there and that made it happen.

I'd like to keep this thread up and running as long as possible. Just random bumps.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So help me, this thread will never see the darkness of the archives. Same with Tylers original thread. Gotta bump it.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

So help me, this thread will never see the darkness of the archives. Same with Tylers original thread. Gotta bump it.

Hulki... Is it possible to get a Tyler's Toy t-shirt still? Just wondering.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Hulki... Is it possible to get a Tyler's Toy t-shirt still? Just wondering.

I'm pretty sure they are all gone. IIRC cornersonrails made the shirts. You could PM him and ask.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
October 9th is exactly a year that we first heard the word cancer. I remember that day more clearly than I remember the days I gave birth to any of my children. A lot of things have happened in this last year that I wish were some horrible nightmare instead of reality... more than a lot...., but the build is not one of them nor the friendships we have left now that Tyler is gone.

------------------
Nellie - forever Tyler's mommy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Ditto. I also think about how this build has created so many friendships that will last for many years to come.

Fred

For sure
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for a bump to the top. Not that we would ever forget.
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've spent the last .. 6 years? away from these forums.. and the last 3 days reading everything I could about this..

I've missed so much.

I now remember why I loved being a part of this community way back when...

So I thought I'd throw up a friendly bump to this thread..

and perhaps a little information... http://daneeleshipman.blogs...-has-officially.html
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep this out of the archives.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GADJet these are the Tyler's Toy items left for sale
T-Shirts = Mediums ....., Larges = 2 ..... 2XL = 1 ....... 4XL = 1
Beenies = 1 Blk and 1 Wht
If any one want to buy these ... profits will go to The Tyler Shipman Scholarship.

Dream Team I'm still waiting after you people please send requested info to me !!!

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-05-2010).]

Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A year ago today, or so...I read this story, and wished Tyler well. And when it was all done I cried to hear that he left us.
PF Flyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PF FlyerSend a Private Message to PF FlyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
everytime i see anything pertaining to this story, i choke up, god bless all that made it happen
loveliesbleeding

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loveliesbleedingSend a Private Message to loveliesbleedingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Tyler. I followed this story closely and check this thread daily. Is there another active thread on this as I am interested in uocoming events, such as the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show.

Thanks again
Kevin

------------------

1985 Pontiac Fiero GT 2.8 4 speed
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT 2.8 5 speed

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083997.html

here is the thread for the 2011 memorial car show. hope to see you there
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know there isn't much building going on with this thread anymore, but maybe you should ask Cliff to put this thread into the construction zone to preserve it and make it much easier for everyone to find. I do think it is worthy of such an honor. What does everyone think?

------------------
BLACKKER 1988 CHOPTOP V8

Local club http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/
Facebook club page http://www.facebook.com/gro...?gid=141412865904993
N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M http://www.fierofocus.com/

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

I know there isn't much building going on with this thread anymore, but maybe you should ask Cliff to put this thread into the construction zone to preserve it and make it much easier for everyone to find. I do think it is worthy of such an honor. What does everyone think?

There is a build thread started by Cliff in the construction zone already. I agree that this thread should never disappear...
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be great if it were a sticky. But I really don't think there is any danger of this thread disappearing. We keep it bumped pretty good.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump 'cause I'm missing Tyler today a little more than usual
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bless you Nellie.
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gotta keep it outta the archives.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Taking the toy for a ride today sometime.... wishing my boy was driving me around on Mother's Day. Just to let you all know that the ripple effect of what you did is still touching our family in a big way
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God bless you nellieship .... your boy is ALWAYS with you ... and he's grinning from ear to ear , I'm sure

your canadian friend
Danyel
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Posterity (and cause I need photos)
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep it out of the archives... and because I actually just read the whole story for the first time. I'm so happy to see good people in the world.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2012 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Bump for Posterity (and cause I need photos)

Here you go !!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock