Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 73)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130692 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hulki when you get back to USA send me a PM ... THANKS If anyone else sees any news reports or videos on Tyler please email me at webmaster(at)tylerstoy(dot)com I will add them to his website
Dan
Edited :

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-03-2010).]

IP: Logged
lynxer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys! I havent been over to Tylers because he hasn't been feeling well and he told me to wait until this week to come over and put those decklid covers on. We will see what happens today and tomorrow. From what I hear he wasnt feeling to good yesterday either. Just an update. I will post pictures when I get them on the car!!!!!
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

Hey guys! I havent been over to Tylers because he hasn't been feeling well and he told me to wait until this week to come over and put those decklid covers on. We will see what happens today and tomorrow. From what I hear he wasnt feeling to good yesterday either. Just an update. I will post pictures when I get them on the car!!!!!

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Hulki when you get back to USA send me a PM ... THANKS If anyone else sees any news reports or videos on Tyler please email me at webmaster(at)tylerstoy(dot)com I will add them to his website
Dan
Edited I own page 73----- thats 6 pages on this thread so far hehehehe

Will do brother. Tyler, I hope you start feeling better, I'm praying for you every night bud.
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bbbuummpppp
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was CC'd on an email today.

Stuart Restad sent an email to Boysatt and CC'd me on it with a status update on the car.

Tyler has been driving his car and loving it. They have had a very minor issue with a miss that took some time to diagnose.

After checking wires, and coils, they determined that two coils were faulty. Those were replaced, but did not completely resolve the issue.

They put in a new PCM though, and that took care of it.

Tyler discovered the Fuel Shutoff programmed into the CALPAK in the chip. It shuts off at 124 MPH.

It will receive a new chip that eliminates the fuel shutoff and raises the rev limiter.
He also wants a shot of Nitrous on it.

The rear decklid received new gas struts.

Just wanted to say again that boysatt and Stuart Restad have done a phenomenal job with the engine swap. A big thank you to those two, and their hand picked crew that donated time, parts and money to the cause.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Tyler discovered the Fuel Shutoff programmed into the CALPAK in the chip. It shuts off at 124 MPH.

It will receive a new chip that eliminates the fuel shutoff and raises the rev limiter.
He also wants a shot of Nitrous on it.

Ba da bing! Cool!!!
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All right, which one you guys installed the optional headlight door locks to keep them from flapping when 106.485+ MPH is reached?

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 01-08-2010).]

tsiconquest88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsiconquest88Click Here to visit tsiconquest88's HomePageSend a Private Message to tsiconquest88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is this person in trouble or something lol?
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tsiconquest88:

is this person in trouble or something lol?

Tyler is 18 years old and is terminal with an untreatable cancer.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Tyler is 18 years old and is terminal with an untreatable cancer.

I believe he meant the headlight door retainer clips for high speed driving.

By the way, welcome back!
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I believe he meant the headlight door retainer clips for high speed driving.

By the way, welcome back!

Thanks brother. I don't feel back though. I won't until I am home with my family in a couple of days. On a seperate note, I will most likely not be able to make it to MN this month like I had hoped. Personal reasons are putting a wrench on me coming out there. But I will be out for the Tyler car show whenever it happens. I will be driving out for that, hopefully in my Fiero if I can get it trustworthy by then. It makes me sad not to make it out to see the Shipman family and everyone this month like I had planned.

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hulki glad to hear your back in the States

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 01-13-2010).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks brother. I don't feel back though. I won't until I am home with my family in a couple of days. On a seperate note, I will most likely not be able to make it to MN this month like I had hoped. Personal reasons are putting a wrench on me coming out there. But I will be out for the Tyler car show whenever it happens. I will be driving out for that, hopefully in my Fiero if I can get it trustworthy by then. It makes me sad not to make it out to see the Shipman family and everyone this month like I had planned.

Glad you are back Andy. Welcome Home and thanks again for all you have done. Tell your family "Thanks" for thier sacrifice too.

Pat
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your driving that means rick is driving! Not the turd bird either. His new green car. If anyone in cali wants to go. Please let me know. I don't want to drive by my self imsagt that means you . Same with you delorean00 and bdub and tk. No is not a answer.
AllHailZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AllHailZSend a Private Message to AllHailZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, guys! I posted this on the guestbook on Tyler's mother's CaringBridge journal -

Hey Tyler!

You don't know me, but I saw your story on a local Nissan Z forum (I drive a 1991 Nissan 300ZX) and read about you on Jalopnik.com. Since then, I have been reading everything to do with you and your Pontiac Fiero. I'm still reading the build thread on the Fiero forum, I'm on page 38 right now. Your story has also made its way to another forum, ImportsNC.com.

This story has touched me, and I wanted to thank you for showing the world that car enthusiasts aren't all negative. So from one car guy to another, no matter where our cars came from, thank you. You certainly deserve that beautiful yellow '86 Fiero GT! I just know that when you're ready to leave this world, it will be in that car and a trail of tire smoke!

Stay positive, fight that cancer, and drive the heck out of that GT! You're in my thoughts!

Adam DeVenny
akdevenn@uncg.edu
Greensboro, NC

That being said, I wanted to thank YOU people for doing this. I read every page of this thread. Where I live, in North Carolina, there are too many negative stories or reports about people who are supposedly automotive enthusiasts. The world was watching you, and you showed them that true car guys are actually a contribution to society, not a menace to society. I don't own a Fiero, but that won't stop me from giving you guys support!

A while back, there was a lady that was very involved with various motorsports in NC. She got diagnosed with liver cancer, which is untreatable. Her dream was to build a 10-second FWD DSM car. There was a huge outpouring from shops all over NC, donations from DSM people, a magazine editor from Import Tuner magazine even managed to get Stage 5 axles for the car. She got to see it dyno and run, but sadly she never got to see it run the 10-second goal.

It's people like you who make me proud to be a car guy!

Go Fiero!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AllHailZ:

Hey, guys! I posted this on the guestbook on Tyler's mother's CaringBridge journal -
That being said, I wanted to thank YOU people for doing this. I read every page of this thread. Where I live, in North Carolina, there are too many negative stories or reports about people who are supposedly automotive enthusiasts. The world was watching you, and you showed them that true car guys are actually a contribution to society, not a menace to society. I don't own a Fiero, but that won't stop me from giving you guys support!

A while back, there was a lady that was very involved with various motorsports in NC. She got diagnosed with liver cancer, which is untreatable. Her dream was to build a 10-second FWD DSM car. There was a huge outpouring from shops all over NC, donations from DSM people, a magazine editor from Import Tuner magazine even managed to get Stage 5 axles for the car. She got to see it dyno and run, but sadly she never got to see it run the 10-second goal.

It's people like you who make me proud to be a car guy!

Go Fiero!

Thank you so much for the kind words Adam. Many of those who participated felt the need to do so. We were guided into this by something unseen. I hesitate to use the words "A higher power" but that is exactly what it felt like.

As you said, it isn't where the car came from, it is the love of the car that unites us. Sadly, I have watched several threads on other forums about this build where a few people make derogatory comments about the car. It is those people who don't get it, and never will.

Welcome to what I consider the greatest car forum in the world! Of course, I am a little biased.

Stick around, we'll get you hooked in no time.

------------------

Check out my Headlight Harnesses!

If you can read this, thank a teacher. Since it's in English, thank a soldier.

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump, I never received my T-Shirts that I ordered.

Is there anything I can do to help facilitate the safe delivery of them?

I'm sure it's just something that slipped through the cracks with everything going on.

Brad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Just a bump, I never received my T-Shirts that I ordered.

Is there anything I can do to help facilitate the safe delivery of them?

I'm sure it's just something that slipped through the cracks with everything going on.

Brad

Did you get a hold of Julie? I know longer have the screens for the shirts.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Did you get a hold of Julie? I know longer have the screens for the shirts.

I sent an E-Mail, but I got no reply. I'm not getting a lot of reply, Hulki is doing his very much deserved stuff. Synth simply told me to post here.

It's looking like I am out my two shirts if there are no more made, and the two I ordered didn't make the cut. So can I assume I will never get them if I haven't got them at this point?

Dang, I don't want people thinking I am trying to tarnish what happened here. I feel bad even saying anything, but I kinda feel a little slighted. .

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 01-19-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I sent an E-Mail, but I got no reply. I'm not getting a lot of reply, Hulki is doing his very much deserved stuff. Synth simply told me to post here.

It's looking like I am out my two shirts if there are no more made, and the two I ordered didn't make the cut. So can I assume I will never get them if I haven't got them at this point?

Dang, I don't want people thinking I am trying to tarnish what happened here. I feel bad even saying anything, but I kinda feel a little slighted. .

Brad

Its no shirt but if you want them im pretty sure i have an extra team tyler arm band and pin around here ill send to you.

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Its no shirt but if you want them im pretty sure i have an extra team tyler arm band and pin around here ill send to you.

P.M. Sent, and No for those of you that are wondering. I will refuse anything from you guys that were actually there. You guys earned that stuff, you need to put it up, display it, and remember the good you did.

Even if I never get the shirts the money I sent went to something worthwhile, yes I wish I had them, but I cannot change that I don't.

And PK. When we finally meet up I got a beer or two with your name on em.

Brad
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And PK. When we finally meet up I got a beer or two with your name on em.

Brad

Lol could have used them today got laied off work got slow.
But ill never turn down beer my brotha. You planning on comming to the reunion?

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 01-19-2010).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brad. Send me your adress. I got a shirt. I bought 2 when I was in m.n
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know, the way it's going these days I may have to hitchhike up there lol. I plan on it, but like the 25th, and my trip through Alaska things are not always doable. You are going to get unemployment right?

Brad
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TWOFATGUYS --- can you email me your paypal receipt I am contacting Julie tomorrow.... please send receipt to webmaster(at)tylerstoy(dot)com I will look into this for ya
Thanks
Danyel site admin
Tylers Toy

------------------

Shaved Lambo Doors
http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Reunion? Are you referring to the carshow or did I miss something?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
Hey guys remember those awesome keychains that were made for folks that were there the build weekend, did they go out to everyone yet?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hey guys remember those awesome keychains that were made for folks that were there the build weekend, did they go out to everyone yet?

Most of them. I had mine, and gave it to Shawn. Kev is holding one for me now.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't received one yet, shoudl I have?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-21-2010).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just on the Tylerstoy.com site, the links page seems to be empty?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a keychain?
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read the thread much? He made a run of these for people on the build team that got back to him with contact info for the real world... no idea if he has more.. You could PM him.

RAREW66's post

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 01-23-2010).]

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have the programs for the keychains. I did a Build Team run and a Tyer's Toy run with two special dog tag style for Tyler. Fred picked them up to do the polishing. Not sure what is left, but if more are needed, I would be happy to set up another run. Still waiting to see how the vents fit/look.

Rich
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

There was a keychain?

Typical antuzzi. He gets more and more like Rick every day.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Typical antuzzi. He gets more and more like Rick every day.

Remember, they did spend 4 nights together last fall.

Brings back the memories of, "It isn`t toothpaste"

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 01-28-2010).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Brings back the memories of, "Its toothpaste"

LOL...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Brings back the memories of, "Its toothpaste"

It isn't Toothpaste.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I miss out on this inside tooth paste joke

------------------

Shaved Lambo Doors
http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock