Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 63)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130692 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Jason,

Your correct it is up to Tyler, it is his car. I'm happy he wants to upgrade..but I like many want to see it done correctly the first time.

I'm with you
IP: Logged
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finally got time to read through the last 3 pages of the thread. I am behind on work and been working my butt off to catch up with things. I recently got into the spa repair business and holy crap hthat has me busy.

As the motor swap goes, it is all lining up perfectly. The engine cradle is done and being sandblasted and powder coated as we speak. I built all custom mounts and they are also being coated. Everything will be new or rebuilt. Starter is new, alternator is being rebuilt and beefed up to handle the audio system and anything else than needs to be run, I donated poly cradle mounts. The trans is being rebuilt. Stewart liked the 125, thats what he runs, and they have had no problems with it, from the sounds of it his car sees the highway a lot and he said it gets great milage. Yes the 4 speep wild probably be better, but for the setup were doing its not necessary. The fiero 125 it being rebuilt, higher stall converter, shift kit, and final drive ratio will be changed to work with the car better. According the the guy building it, it will be bullet proof for that motor.

Im donating a lot of time to do this swap and Stewart has a lot of time in it too and he has gotten almost every part we needed donated. I see no problems on getting this engine in the car and running like it came there from the factory.

------------------

Blue 1987 GT, Yellow T-top 1986 GT
www.FierosandMore.com This is a link to my personal web site, has pictures of all my projects and parts for sale.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Totally. I agree if a tranny isn't gonna work well, it isn't.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all the files have been transfered to the new host ... we are just waitng for the new nameservers to kick in ... I was told between 12 - 24 hours... all the files are in place I will validate the whole thing as soon as all is up ... a mirror site will probably be done also

Danyel

------------------

The Black Widow Site

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-25-2009).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

Just finally got time to read through the last 3 pages of the thread. I am behind on work and been working my butt off to catch up with things. I recently got into the spa repair business and holy crap hthat has me busy.

As the motor swap goes, it is all lining up perfectly. The engine cradle is done and being sandblasted and powder coated as we speak. I built all custom mounts and they are also being coated. Everything will be new or rebuilt. Starter is new, alternator is being rebuilt and beefed up to handle the audio system and anything else than needs to be run, I donated poly cradle mounts. The trans is being rebuilt. Stewart liked the 125, thats what he runs, and they have had no problems with it, from the sounds of it his car sees the highway a lot and he said it gets great milage. Yes the 4 speep wild probably be better, but for the setup were doing its not necessary. The fiero 125 it being rebuilt, higher stall converter, shift kit, and final drive ratio will be changed to work with the car better. According the the guy building it, it will be bullet proof for that motor.

Im donating a lot of time to do this swap and Stewart has a lot of time in it too and he has gotten almost every part we needed donated. I see no problems on getting this engine in the car and running like it came there from the factory.

Will it be done in the one weekend, or will bugs have to be worked out? I want Tyler to enjoy his car BEFORE the snow flies, and if everything is going to take a few weeks to settle in, it may be a good thing to push it off a tiny bit. Get everything all prepped, painted, tweaked, and then do a bolt in after the snow falls.

If you know 100% for a fact beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can do the bolt in in a SINGLE weekend, running, NO check engine lights, stray wires, SHOW QUALITY, then by all means, go for it..

We put too much time and effort into turning Tyler's car into his dream to have anything out of place... Know what I mean?

Edited to emphasize weekend...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-25-2009).]

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woo Hoo tylerstoy.com is back up
2.5fierose

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 136
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys i wanted to thank all you guys for the work you did on the 2.8 engine but i do really want the 3.4 swap thats why im going forward with them doing it but as most of you know when i do pass away this car goes to my little brother and he will have the 3.4 engine and i ve gave my brother lots of things like my atv snowmobile car rifles ect and i have nothing for my little sister so i am planning on buying a fiero for her and all the good parts off the 2.8 engine i will transfer onto my sisters fiero so there will be a pair of fieros that i will be giving to my little brother and sister and we re also building a 2 stall garage for the fieros that will be completely done next week and everyone i trust stuart and the others on my engine swap they know what there doing and everything will turn out great thanks guys

Tyler Shipman

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
Grand Am Brakes
Mr. Mike's Leather

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 11-26-2009).]

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev

At the time we didn't know this was a TH125. I just chocked it up to a used trans that was used for the swap.

Originally posted by 2.5fierose:

yes i loved the 3.4 dohc was great man when that engine hits 4500 rpms it just comes to life it just screams and pulls but it does it so smoothly plus his has a rev limiter of 6500 and the engine is supposed to turn 7500 plus the tranny kinda slipped but o well it was still amazing

KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hey guys i wanted to thank all you guys for the work you did on the 2.8 engine but i do really want the 3.4 swap thats why im going forward with them doing it but as most of you know when i do pass away this car goes to my little brother and he will have the 3.4 engine and i ve gave my brother lots of things like my atv snowmobile car rifles ect and i have nothing for my little sister so i am planning on buying a fiero for her and all the good parts off the 2.8 engine i will transfer onto my sisters fiero so there will be a pair of fieros that i will be giving to my little brother and sister and we re also building a 2 stall garage for the fieros that will be completely done next week and everyone i trust stuart and the others on my engine swap they know what there doing and everything will turn out great thanks guys

Tyler Shipman

Then behind you we stand, Tyler. I hope this works out well.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree.. Your car, your choice. You'll love it.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
The Reveal from another angle, with the speech up front..

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
The newest article is up on the Frazee Forum...

I will post the cover and back photos of their print edition in a few...

Fiero fanatics make a dream come true for teen battling cancer

• by Barbie Porter

As the fog lifted Sunday morning in Frazee, there was a reason to miss church. It had nothing to do with the Vikings, but rather a devoted fan of the Green Bay Packers whose dream was about to come true.

After being diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer in early October, an 18-year-old Frazee boy, Tyler Shipman, posted a wish on an Internet chat forum geared to Fiero fanatics.

He told them he'd been slowly rebuilding a 1986 Pontiac Fiero, the second he'd owned.

"I sit at the hospital with cancer and they can't treat it," Tyler wrote. "(They don't know) how long I'll be here; they say could be till spring or longer, or shorter ... I'm just trying to find some way to get it restored before I pass."

At 9:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 22 his wish came true. After traveling to Frazee and working through the night at Frazee Auto Body, which donated the shop and tools, 20-plus members from Pennock's Fiero Forum (www.fiero.nl/cgi- bin/main.cgi) unveiled the masterpiece to the crowd gathered in the high school parking lot.

As the hearty rev of an engine rolled, a garage door opened and a fog machine puffed out a heavy cloud. A canary yellow Fiero, rebuilt from tip to tail, emerged from the haze; it's speakers rocking out one of Tyler's favorite songs.

His smile was as bright as his car. At first Tyler admired it from afar, allowing the 100-plus people who came to witness the unveiling to have the first up-close glance.

His parents, teachers and friends will tell you that's just part of his character, to put himself second.

Kenny Holgate, Frazee, is a longtime family friend.

"Since he was a kid he would come around with his grandpa, just to make sure grandpa's stories didn't stretch to far from the truth," Kenny joked.

Pam, Kenny's wife, reiterated the sentiment, "Tyler is the kind of kid that any parent would be proud of. He's giving, always respectful, kind; just an all-around-good kid."

After the crowd parted, someone asked Tyler if he was going to take it for a spin.

Without hesitation, Tyler said yes. His family helped him into the driver seat. His father, Jay, was the first to go for a ride. Tyler shifted into drive and slowly inched forward through the parting crowd. Rolling into the street, Tyler hit the gas as his 10-year-old brother and two sisters, 8 and 21, cheered and his mother, Daneele, wiped tears from her eyes.

"This is the only car that has ever made me cry," she joked. "Well, if you don't count the ones that have broke down on me."

Lately, those lighthearted moments have come easier for the family. Tyler's mother attributes it to the selfless people who donated to the rebuild.

"For the past few weeks the car is all Tyler has talked about," she said. "I am so thankful, it leaves me speechless."

Soldier sparks Tyler's

Dream Team

The makings of a dream began across the globe when Andrew Weigle, a U.S. Sgt. with E Company's 1-150th Assault Helicopter Battalion read Tyler's post.

Even though Andrew, a resident of East Berlin, Penn., was serving in the Iraqi War, he knew he had to do something.

Cancer had touched his family, so he knew the power of a smile during rough days. At first, the mission was to get Tyler a new bumper. But the generosity of Pennock's Fiero Forum members quickly expanded it into a full-blown rebuild weekend.

Chris Kliewer, Inver Grove Heights, organized the effort stateside, bringing parts and people from across the country to Frazee.

"The people on the (Pennock's Fiero) Forum are always willing to help each other out," he said. "We heard about his situation; knew it was the right thing to do, so we did it. I wasn't surprised by the turnout (of volunteers), but I was impressed."

"I'm a grown man, but the overwhelming willingness of complete strangers and businesses to help where help was needed, it makes me tear up," he continued.

Chris was in good company, besides the volunteers and community members who stopped by to keep them fed and in good spirits, there was an online following of more than 40 people who watched the rebuild via webcast, many of whom stayed until the mission was complete.

Project touched by

a "higher power"

For the most part, the project went smoothly with few setbacks. Many credited the good fortune to a "higher power."

Even before the build began, members of Tyler's Dream Team reported coincidences that played a part in making the wish a reality.

John Panicci of Lake Worth, Fla., recalled his calling to the project came during a restless night in bed.

"I had this feeling down deep telling me to be part of this," he said. "Then things just started falling into place."

Unexpectedly, John received a bonus at work which covered his airfare to Minnesota. Then his work schedule was changed, giving him an extra day off during the weekend of the build.

"As if that were not enough, I was working on my Fiero and purchased some parts that I didn't need," he said. "That same day I looked on the Forum, and those very parts were needed for Tyler's car."

Chris Antuzzi of Colfax, Calif., found a mysterious plane ticket to Fargo in the mail.

"I was surprised and a little concerned actually, because it had all my private information, like my drivers license number on it," he said.

After a little investigating, he discovered the plane ticket was sent by "anonymous angels" from Pennock's Fiero Forum.

Stuart Lowery of Cleburne, Texas, was approached by Frazee native, Ashley (Estenson) Dahlman, while waiting to board a plane in Dallas.

"I had my laptop out and she noticed a picture of Tyler," he recalled. "I found out she grew up in Frazee. She gave me her number and said if we needed a place to sleep she's the revenue manager of the Embassy Suites in Minneapolis."

Stuart respectfully declined the offer, as he had already made accommodations elsewhere. However, he soon discovered there was an error in the reservation.

"It had us booked for the wrong night," he explained. "So we went to the Embassy and they put us up for the night."

The goodwill was also seen on the road as the volunteers driving Fieros headed to Frazee. The news of the event had spread and people were eager to greet them with a wave.

Not even car trouble could put a wrench in the mission.

Arron Hultquist of Centuria, Wisc., had car trouble in Anoka, but never considered not making the final stretch of the trip.

"I was going to find a way," he stated. "I love working on Fieros and I love the camaraderie. We're like a family, and when a member of our family needs help, you don't turn around."

Gestures and words like that are hard to grasp for Tyler's longtime friend, Brandan Gildersleeve, 17.

"Seeing people give back to my friend, who they don't really know, is overwhelming," he said. "It's nice to see things like this happen. It's amazing."

Alyssa Mayfield, Tyler's classmate agreed, "It's a lot to take in, to think what these people did... it's so cool how they all came together to make his dream come true."

Fierce and proud

Atop a rebuilt car, Cold Spring Granite, based near St. Cloud, donated a plaque with an engraved picture of Tyler kneeling next to his car. To the right of the picture is the Fiero emblem. At the bottom, inscribed into the bronze casting is the year the car was built, May 1986, next to it, the date of it's rebirth, Nov. 2009.

From Iraq, Andrew was able to watch the build and the unveiling via a webcast provided by KARE-11, a TV news station in the Twin Cities. Feature reporter Boyd Huppert contacted Andrew via e-mail after hearing about the chain reaction the soldier started.

The TV station attended the build and through the web-based communications tool, Skype, was able to give Andrew a front row seat for the big moment.

"I'm glad we were able to do that for him," Huppert said.

Through the Internet, Andrew thanked those involved with the project and encouraged Tyler to remain strong, and to enjoy his new car. Andrew, who plans to visit the Shipman family when he returns from the Middle East in January, also arranged for an honor flag, which was flown in an Iraqi combat mission on a Blackhawk helicopter, to be given to Tyler for his honorable battle with cancer.

In Italian, Fiero means very proud, in Spanish, it means fierce; both are perfect words to describe the historic effort that was a tribute to humanity and goodwill towards men.

"God bless them for what they've done," Daneele said. "They will never know how much it means to my family."

Donations, to cover medical costs, can be mailed to: Shipman Benefit, c/o Daneele or Jay Shipman, United Community Bank, P.O. Box 156, Frazee, MN 56544.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-25-2009).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tylers 3.4 twin cam engine. This engine has a "power band" . When I was selling GM vehicles with this engine in it, I noticed that a little past 3,000 rpm the power just JUMPED like crazy. Because of this GM put a rev limiter on the engine at idle so that you could not rev it over 3,000 rpm with no load on the engine.
Tyler enjoy your car and engine dude.

Peace be with you all

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 11-26-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Article blatantly stolen from DL-Online...

Aside from some minor name issues, the article is almost spot on. Copied and pasted exactly as I found it.

Frazee teen's Fiero finshed after nationwide group of enthusiasts pull all-nighter

It all started with a message on an Internet forum for fans of the classic sports car known as the Pontiac Fiero.

Having recently learned that he had terminal cancer, 18-year-old Tyler Shipman of Frazee posted a plea to anyone who might be able to help him realize a long-held dream.

“I have an ’86 Fiero GT that I’ve been slowly fixing up,” he wrote on Oct. 29. “Well now here I sit at the hospital with cancer, and they can’t treat it, and not knowing how long I’ll be here … I’m just trying to find some way to get it restored before I pass.”

What he was asking for was not a handout, he explained, but a helping hand. What he got was so much more than that.

Approximately 24 Fiero fans from across the U.S. gathered at Frazee Auto Body & Glass this past weekend to make Tyler’s dream come true — and many more contributed to the cause from afar.

They came from Florida, California, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Texas — all four corners of the country. Those who couldn’t be there donated parts, money and even plane tickets for others to make the trip in their stead.

While he couldn’t be there to take part in the restoration process himself, there was one other person, currently living on the other side of the world, who took a special interest in the weekend’s proceedings.

Andy Wiegle, a soldier from Pennsylvania who is currently serving in Iraq, is the person who helped spur on the effort to make this weekend’s restoration happen. When the finished car was unveiled, Wiegle was watching via the Internet.

On Monday morning, he posted this message for Shipman: “I hope this turned out to be more than you could have imagined, and I hope this keeps a smile on your face for a long time to come.”

Local businesses and volunteers did their part too. In addition to offering the use of the shop for the duration of the restoration project, Frazee Auto Body also donated a complete new paint job.

“That’s when the project took off,” said Chris Kliewer, the Inver Grove Heights man who coordinated the weekend’s restoration efforts as well as donating a new stereo for the project.

From that point on, the list of donors grew quickly. Hedahl’s in Detroit Lakes donated a new brake system, with the installation donated by Tires Plus. Dakota Tire in Fargo came through with a last-minute donation of four new tires. And that’s just a handful of the contributions made: A full list of donors can be found at the project’s official Web site, www.tylerstoy.com.

Though originally white, the car’s new yellow-and-black exterior had been selected by Tyler and his younger brother Carter. The color was a carefully held secret that members of the Internet forum didn’t discover until just before the unveiling took place on Sunday.

“I’m blown away by the whole thing,” said Tyler’s mother, Daneele Shipman, shortly after helping her son get out of his wheelchair and into the driver’s seat of his newly restored Fiero. “People from all over the U.S. came to this little town to help my son — is that not the greatest thing?”

Though not a car enthusiast herself, Daneele said both Tyler and her husband, Jay, “are very mechanical,” and spent hours talking about the project before the official restoration began on Saturday.

Even she was impressed with the results. “This is the first car that’s ever made me cry tears of joy,” Daneele joked.

When Chris Kliewer, the Inver Grove Heights man who coordinated the restoration, asked the young man if he was ready to get behind the wheel, Shipman didn’t hesitate to say, “Yes.”

The grin on his face as he started up the engine spoke volumes, as did the quiet “Thanks, guys,” he uttered as he slowly wheeled his chair around the outside of the car in preparation for getting behind the wheel.

“He was really excited,” Daneele said. As she slipped into the passenger seat of “Tyler’s Toy” — the name now engraved on the car’s engine — for a quick spin around the block, she asked her son what it felt like to be behind the wheel.

“Really good, Mom,” he responded, a grin stretched across his face from ear to ear.

“He’ll be wearing that smile for months,” Daneele said after she had given up her seat to the next family member. “For him to be able to give everybody rides … that was pretty special.”

So, too, was the look on Tyler’s face when the shiny yellow-and-black car rolled out of the garage at Frazee High School Sunday morning, surrounded by fog (courtesy of a fog machine supplied by Kliewer), the theme song from TLC’s “Overhaulin’” blasting out from the car’s brand new sound system.

“It’s his favorite show,” Daneele explained later.

The restoration

After a meet and greet on Friday night where they met Tyler and his family — and in some cases, each other — for the first time, the two dozen car lovers got to work early Saturday morning. Continuing on throughout the night — with no sleep whatsoever, according to Kliewer — the dedicated volunteers completed the restoration by 7:30 a.m. on Sunday.

The entire restoration was broadcast live on the Internet, with Fiero lovers from across the globe huddled in front of their computers to watch the process.

“The forum has about 18,000 members from all over the world,” explained Kliewer. And while he himself is a proud Fiero owner, who knows the car “very well,” Kliewer said that the car knowledge of some of the people on hand for the restoration “puts me to shame.”

A complete “from the ground up” restoration of the type that was completed on Tyler’s car this weekend “would normally take about two years,” Kliewer said. The members of “Tyler’s Dream Team” finished the project in just a little over a day, he added.

All of the Fiero owners who brought their cars for the weekend’s activities participated in a caravan following the unveiling, with Shipman taking the lead.

Unfortunately, the drive took a bit longer than anticipated. As Kliewer noted after they had finally pulled back into the parking lot at the high school, “You’re not officially a Fiero owner until you’ve broken down at least once.”

“That was a sight to see,” said John Panicci, from West Palm Beach, Fla. After Tyler pulled his car over to the side of the road, nine other Fieros pulled over right behind him — “and 10 mechanics jumped out and swarmed the car,” Panicci said.

“How many of us have ever had roadside assistance like that?” he joked.

It turned out that one of the new parts they had installed was defective. Fortunately, however, “we had an extra,” Panicci added.

John Yoraway, a mechanic who owns Integrity Auto in the Twin Cities, said he was “thoroughly impressed with the 24-hour turnaround” on the restoration.

Even with the lack of sleep, Yoraway added, “It was fun.”

For the members of the Shipman family, it was a memory to be treasured.

“It was a little overwhelming when we walked into the shop (on Saturday) and were surrounded by cameras,” said Daneele.

Not one to enjoy the spotlight very much, Tyler has found all the attention “a little difficult,” she added. “But he’s handling it pretty well.”

When asked to describe her feelings after the car was unveiled, Daneele said, “There are no words.”

“It’s pretty great, I tell you,” added Daneele’s mother, Joyce Cass. “He deserves it … he’s a special kid.”
John Yoraway? LOL
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I told them rrunner bought my ticket this must have been fox news. Always overdoing stuff
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The site has just kicked in ... I want to thank " Australian " for giving us free webhosting for http://www.tylerstoy.com ... We we taken OFFLINE without warning or explanation by http://www.HostSo.com saying we were using to many of their server ressources. (Yeah right) I do understand for I am in IT... it's just the way they proceeded which really ticked me off... so be warned with HostSo webhosting they are IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of by phone their numbers are invalid enven the UK numbers which I tried... and their emails are left unanswered. I waited 2 hours on their 24 hour chat aupport hotline to just be told we were "terminated" by Mark the support chat operator ... thats all !!!! I already knew that you &?%$ !!! wow talk about support !!! After 4 tries and 4 hours someone finally gave me an answer .....which was........ contact our billing !!!! Billing why holy gouakamollee ??? There Kay said we can change the nameserver parameters !!! OOUUFF someone who knows what they are talking about ...thank god Australian had given the new parameters early during the night !!! Anyway all is back up spent the whole night xfering and updating till now ... I still have to put the mailing adresses online and a FTP for you to upload pics and vids... will carry on a little later I'm going to get some shut eye before ..... Synthesis contact me for mirroring the site THX

Danyel

------------------

The Black Widow Site

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel thank you so much. Should we be sending some of the donations to you to cover your expenses for the web site?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Chris great article by Frazee Fourm!!!
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still kind of amazed by what has been done because of this post.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

The site has just kicked in ... I want to thank " Australian " for giving us free webhosting for http://www.tylerstoy.com ... We we taken OFFLINE without warning or explanation by http://www.HostSo.com saying we were using to many of their server ressources. (Yeah right) I do understand for I am in IT... it's just the way they proceeded which really ticked me off... so be warned with HostSo webhosting they are IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of by phone their numbers are invalid enven the UK numbers which I tried... and their emails are left unanswered. I waited 2 hours on their 24 hour chat aupport hotline to just be told we were "terminated" by Mark the support chat operator ... thats all !!!! I already knew that you &?%$ !!! wow talk about support !!! After 4 tries and 4 hours someone finally gave me an answer .....which was........ contact our billing !!!! Billing why holy gouakamollee ??? There Kay said we can change the nameserver parameters !!! OOUUFF someone who knows what they are talking about ...thank god Australian had given the new parameters early during the night !!! Anyway all is back up spent the whole night xfering and updating till now ... I still have to put the mailing adresses online and a FTP for you to upload pics and vids... will carry on a little later I'm going to get some shut eye before ..... Synthesis contact me for mirroring the site THX

Danyel

Thank you Danyel--for all you've done!!

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tyler Shipman

So in the future, there will be 2 Fieros that were saved because of the generosity from this forum and from Tyler. Pics of the second Fiero's build need to be posted!

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I told them rrunner bought my ticket this must have been fox news. Always overdoing stuff

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

John Yoraway? LOL

LOL !!!!!! that's great.... media coverage is so detailed.

O.K....I'm going to stick my neck out here ( and hope it doesn't get chopped off )

Everyone agree's it's Tylers decision to do it or not.

However !!!! in his best interest there is a majority who are tying to guide the project properly for 2 big reasons.

1) The driveline is properly fitted for performance, mileage, and reliability reasons done in a professional clean manner.

2) Nobody wants to see Tylers car ripped apart right after this restoration, only to months later be sitting on jack stands with a half attempted swap that cant be completed due to a bunch of excuses. It's Sooooo not fair to do that & he can't even enjoy it.

That's all.
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a lighter note...

... was anyone else thinking "Great White North" when they saw this? Was the pose done this way intentionally, or am I just twisted?

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally wish Tyler would reconsider what he is planning on doing. Its his car and his choice but for me, knowing everything that had gone into it. All the donated parts, people giving up there blood, time and money to fly across the country to honor a wish he posted on this forum of wanting his car restored is no small feat. It is downright amazing that it happened for him! I personally would never change that car EVER. That donated motor can go into another Fiero if he wants two. Sorry for any negs I might get.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

I personally wish Tyler would reconsider what he is planning on doing. Its his car and his choice but for me, knowing everything that had gone into it. All the donated parts, people giving up there blood, time and money to fly across the country to honor a wish he posted on this forum of wanting his car restored is no small feat. It is downright amazing that it happened for him! I personally would never change that car EVER. That donated motor can go into another Fiero if he wants two. Sorry for any negs I might get.

Another one well said !!!!!

Not to mention what Hulki said earlier !!!! i got that same thing in a P.M. from someone else !!!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps, for those of us not in the know, you could tell us who it is that is doing the 3.4 swap?
PFF member(s)?
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

On a lighter note...

... was anyone else thinking "Great White North" when they saw this? Was the pose done this way intentionally, or am I just twisted?

This is my brother Daryll and my other brother Daryll. j/k
PFF
System Bot
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Perhaps, for those of us not in the know, you could tell us who it is that is doing the 3.4 swap?
PFF member(s)?

Go back to page 38, the gentelman with the black fiero and his 3.4

[This message has been edited by Fiero STS (edited 11-25-2009).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

Go back to page 38, the gentelman with the black fiero and his 3.4

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 11-25-2009).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Exactly, he has done it before and Tyler liked the outcome.

Keeping the car just like it is with the story and all of the media coverage is priceless to Tyler. Or I would think it would be. But if he wants to change it. We will be behind him 100%.

Edited: for my insensativity. Sorry

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 11-25-2009).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
n/m... thanks for looking

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 11-25-2009).]

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 11-25-2009).]

Gilder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GilderSend a Private Message to GilderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can guarentee you this, the car and the parts that are on the car will not ever leave the family. A lot of work was put into the car, I think Tyler just wants to enjoy the power of the new motor before he cant drive.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gilder:

I can guarentee you this, the car and the parts that are on the car will not ever leave the family. A lot of work was put into the car, I think Tyler just wants to enjoy the power of the new motor before he cant drive.

That is great. I hope he can soon.
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev.
You have a PM

Ron T

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock