Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
lynxer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

I just spoke with my wife. I'm in for the weekend build. I'll be there if someone can give me direction from indianapolis. I also talked to my roommate, he wants to ride up with me to tint the car. He's been tinting for 10 years and does INCREDIBLE WORK. Consider the window tint taken care of. I'll leave friday the 20th so i'll need to work out some hotel arrangements if anyone can help. I'll also bring the ground fx with me. I have a spray booth in my garage so i can paint the ground fx before hand if need be, or should I just prep them and leave the paint to the body shop?

That is Awesome!!!!!! On thing if you are going to paint the ground fx make sure to get extra paint then we can use that to do the rest of the gray that needs to be done so it all matches. We are kind of waiting on what we will do for a body man so lets hold off a bit before you do that...

I just got back from Indy 2 weeks ago!!!!! National FFA Convention! Yeah I was one of those b**t**dS that made you late for work and made extra lines everywhere in the 50 mile radius! haha it is easy, but I will advise you to stay out of Chicago. It is easy to bypass and well worth it. Go up to Pioria, IL to Rockford and then there is a major freeway cut accross over to WI Then just stay on the Interstate and hit Minneapolis. its a solid 16hrs, but not to bad!
IP: Logged
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!!! chris cook just called me back and he's happy to donate the sail panels!! Would we like anything printed in them? GT? SE? He's going to custom make them just for tyler. Let me kow asap because he's cuttin the lexan as we speak!
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe GT will be fine in white, with the red line in the middle of the lettering.. Like the G is two lines, one inside the other with a gap between, if you put red in there, that would look great.

I leave it up to Tyler and Nick, and AWESOME that Chris is willing to help.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Oh! And if they can be tinted, that would be great. It would go along with the windows.

Minnesota tint laws do not allow anything darker than 50% plus or minus 3%..
The Quarter windows do not count.. But the normal windows do.

He could probably safely get away with 30 or 35% up there.. He will be a local celebrity.
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Oh! And if they can be tinted, that would be great. It would go along with the windows.

Minnesota tint laws do not allow anything darker than 50% plus or minus 3%..
The Quarter windows do not count.. But the normal windows do.

He could probably safely get away with 30 or 35% up there.. He will be a local celebrity.

Not only him, this FIERO is going to be a celebrity too when we are done with it
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BazookaFiero:

Not only him, this FIERO is going to be a celebrity too when we are done with it

In more ways than one. I have been spreading this thread around, because I am trying to get coverage for Tyler's story. There are doctors out there who have undoubtedly dealt with people who are or have gone through the same thing. My goal is to get this to someone who can step up to the plate and say "I have worked with this before, let's see what we can do."

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

Jay Tyler's dad said something like "wow all of these guys are comin' up to help and donating all these parts? That is wild" Tyler responds "That's what happens when you have a sweet car"

ttyl guys

That is cool.
Made me smile.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing I left out in my previous post is this morning I asked Tyler about the intake and valve covers. He said the stock colors would be nice and what would be Really cool is white/black or white/silver to match the car. I like that idea. That was one of his ideas he had this morning.

As fast as the tint. I have 15% on my car and I only got one ticket. haha Tyler was with on that one. We were cruisin to much..... I think we can push the envelope a little and maybe like 30%.

We talked about the passenger side window and he seems to think it could be a loose wire or bad switch. It works intermittedly.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Broken wire in the rubber conduit between the door and the chassis. I had that happen on my car as well. Can be fixed, but not easy.

fieroguy123 is on the ball. We now have sail panels being made as we speak by the guy who made the ones listed above.
He will also be coming up to Frazee for the weekend, along with his wife and friend by the sounds of it. We have an event!

Infinite Will, please send the door molding piece to the address that Nick listed above. We'll get that up there and get it ready to roll when we get up there.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My local audio shop is reviewing this thread with intent to donate the required stereo equipment we need to finish his audio system. I'll keep you all posted on that one. And as far as the tint goes, rod carries 50, 35, 20, and 5. I think 35% is going to be the safe bet. He uses the best film on the market, there will be nothing to worry about when he's finished. He is the only guy in the U.S. who has tinted a bughatti Veyron. He's very good.

Also I just wanted to say this... All of you out there who have stepped up and reached out to tyler and contributed to his dream will be rewarded in the end. The Fiero community has the biggest heart of any car organization I have ever seen and it is nothing short of amazing. We are the true definition of a family and it will be recognized by others as a good deed and an excellent example of what every organization should be. Thanks to you all.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
www.fieros.eu and Fiero1Fan has agreed to donate a LED Third brake lamp module.
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Sweet. And thanks for looking. Yeah, factory trim silver.

I have a good door trim (silver) off an 86 GT with the metal mount bracket if needed. Just say the word and I'll ship it before Friday.

Hulki/Andy, I am completely amazed by your compasion and commitment. Thousands of miles away, already sacrificing more than anyone could ask for your country and you take the time to get this thing rolling. Please stay safe and come home soon.

Synthesis, It takes a special person to step up and take the reigns as you have. Big props to you for all your hard work and organization.

To everyone involved. You are all an awesome group of people and I am proud to be associated with folks like you that have the heart and will to drop whatever is in your personal lives to help make a complete strangers life a little better. My faith and hope in people has been raised to a new level. Thanks to all of you. I can't wait to see Tyler sitting in that "custom" GT with a grin from ear to ear.

Pat

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lynxer. This is a pic of my fiero engine. I could do it how mine is. Only the red spots will be white. Or the black will be white and the red will be black.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This probably goes without saying, but anyone going that is a photographer ( No camera phone's please! ) , please get LOTS of photo's of the car before, during and after. This way the ones of us that can't make it can follow the progress.

EDIT:

Posted at the same time.... Sorry Antuzzi, hahah, but the above photo is a good example of the quality of pics we do not want of the before, during and afters LOL

Personally, I think the intake should be done in white, with black accents. All black with just the white letters & lines will not let it stand out enough......

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-04-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Katatak, if you have it ready to ship, then go ahead and ship it to Nick.
Infinite will, it is a race between you and katatak. :P

GREAT NEWS!

GNU Industries, the makers of Commando Car Alarms has donated a Remote Start/Security system to the cause.
I have lauded Commando Car Alarms for years, and have been installing them for the last 9 years. I love them, they are reliable, fully featured, and top notch products.

I spoke with Dan Lombardi at GNU/Commando, and he has stepped up to the plate by personally donating a system to the cause.
I highly recommend this company, as I have in several threads in the past.

RS-560

Description:
Remote Starter with Full Car Alarm System on One Chassis, Dual Stage Shock Sensor, 6 Tone Siren, On board relays for Start, Ignition 1, and Ignition 2, Accessory, Parking Light Flash, Outputs for Door Locks (+,-), Start Disable, Auxilliary Outputs, Two Step Unlock
Specifications:
Additional Info:
• For Automatic Transmission, Fuel Injected Vehicles Only
• Includes 3 R30-H Relays for Door locks and trunk release
• Two OEM Look Four Button Multi-Channel Transmitters
• Remote Engine Start For Gasoline & Diesel Engine Vehicles
• 700-800 Feet Transmitting Distance
• Winshield Mounted Extended Range Antenna
• Audible & Visual Arm/Disarm And Intrusion Alert
• Code learning Receiver
• Anti-Scan Technology
• Remote Keyless Entry (Negative & Positive)
• Remote Auxiliary Channel For Trunk Release, Power Window Control, Etc.
• User Selectable Silent Arm/Disarm
• Remote Sensor Defeat
• Dual Stage Electronic Shock Sensor (Plug-In)
• Alarm Pre-Warning Signal
• Defective Zone Bypass With Warning
• Remote Panic
• Starter-Disable Protection (Relay Optional)
• On-Board Flashing Parking Lights Relay
• Plug-In LED Status Indicator
• Plug-In Protected Valet/Override Switch
• 6-Tone, High Power Siren
• Programmable Passive/Active Arming
• Programmable Door Lock With Passive Arming
• Programmable Autolock/Unlock Through Vehicle's Ignition
• Programmable Door Lock Pulse Time (1 or 3 Sec.)
• Programmable Double Pulse Unlock (Nissan, VW)
• Qualifies For Insurance Discounts

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-04-2009).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn Chris (Synthesis) that's awesome! The remote start will just take it OVER THE TOP! Great work on contacting them and getting it donated!!!!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John. That was mean lol. Its just me and my blackberry for internet. Hey that's 2 megapixle of quality . As soon as I get a answer from lynxer I will pull the pic down.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Antuzzi hahah! That's not what I meant, don't pull that picture down! I meant for the before during and afters of Tylers car. THOSE are the one's we need in high quality.

New article is up on Tyler here:
http://www.frazeeforum.com/...D=61&ArticleID=22035

This is a good link to use for those needing verification from potential donor's of the legitimacy of the situation.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-04-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about it. What does every 18 year old want in his car? Nitrous(sp)! Something about a big blue bottle hits the spot. And john. I'm no longer talking to you.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am a sap... I am all teary eyed because of this one line in the article here.

"The strength of you and your family amazes me, but doesn't surprise me. Hang in there buddy, you can beat this." - Cody Richter
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

John. That was mean lol. Its just me and my blackberry for internet. Hey that's 2 megapixle of quality . As soon as I get a answer from lynxer I will pull the pic down.

Keep the pic up its ok! I have a whole 3.2 mega pixels on my phone! I will get my GF's camera or she can come and take pics. My mom is a professional photographer, but she might get annoying taking to many pics. On the other hand she will bring better food. hmmm......
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On the other hand she will bring better food. hmmm......

Food offsets annoyingness... Have her snap pics for us. :P
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys should see a pic of Nick`s Mom,

She is HOT !!!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

You guys should see a pic of Nick`s Mom,

She is HOT !!!

I so know this is off topic... But....

LOL
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

..........And john. I'm no longer talking to you.

Does this mean I have to find a headliner somewhere else now?

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5181 posts
Member since May 2009

My mom is a professional photographer, but she might get annoying taking to many pics.

You my friend are not a photographer then hehehe There is no such thing as "too many pics". A true photographers motto, "take as many pictures as you can, and weed them out later".

When I photographed fireworks over Niagara Falls, I took over 100 photo's in that 20 minutes of fireworks. When I got home, 5 were really good, and only one of them was good enough to blow up, have matted, framed, and is now hanging in my living room.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John. I told you like 3 pages ago call me.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John. I told you like 3 pages ago call me.

He can't. He's busy touting his photography skills.
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh, is no one else can take pics, I got a decent camera I can bring along :P
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My phone has a 5 megapixel kodak camera on it. All of the pics on my cardomain site (including the sail panels above) were taken with it. It's of very high quality. I'll be there for the build weekend.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguy123

1523 posts
Member since Sep 2009
Synthesis you have a pm
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my information im going to be flying out on the 19 (thrusday) and comming back on the 23rd (monday) so were gona get this done.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn right were gonna get this done! A fellow fiero guy needs our help!!! So I'm comin out with a truck load of parts and tools.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damn right were gonna get this done! A fellow fiero guy needs our help!!! So I'm comin out with a truck load of parts and tools.

Im gona take my tools as well. I dont know if they will let trhem on the p[lane though.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Another question. Im gona need picking up at the Minneapolis airport and possabley a place to crash. any one feel like helpin me out?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may be able to help. I'll be passing through there on friday evening (the 20th) on my way to podunk. Do you have a flight scheduled?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguy123

1523 posts
Member since Sep 2009
I gotta jump off. call or txt me and we'll work it out. 317-238-0655 Bobby
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I may be able to help. I'll be passing through there on friday evening (the 20th) on my way to podunk. Do you have a flight scheduled?

I have to look at the email i think ill be getting there around noon on thursday.

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nick and I were talking about tools last night

We will have most of the tools needed there.

The special tools for like windows and windshields I`m thinking you should bring.

Anything that is a special tool, we may not have, but alot of the basic tools will be there.

Ike has an awesome shop, and is a Great Host.

Nick and I are snowmobilers, as well as Ike................

Thus we fix alot of stuff........
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a big print of Tyler with his fiero in one of his senior pictures! His mom is going to email me the digital version, but I thought you guys would like to see that

I did secure a shop!

They are very busy and a little crampt for space, but we are going to make it work. The good thing is it is right in town and parts store's and the fleet store is very accessable. Also I am going to bring my tools in to the shop and then we don't mess them up to bad He has alot of specialty tools and we are welcome to use them if we need to, but I just think we will be better guests by using mine. One thing is we will need to all sign a waiver when we come into the shop just in case of someone getting hurt which is the owner just being safe and smart. Here is a shot of the work area we will have for the weekend. It is Warm, Dry and more than suitable.

Ohh he also said we had to finish this honda for him in trade haha J/K
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock