Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 57)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Great job Kris! Good vid and good pics. You are an animal for staying up that long!!!! I could never pull that off. I really wish that I could have come up...

it was great! the local news is playing more tonight. as soon as i watch it im going to hit the hay
IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Fieros line the edge of the reveal location..

Looks the fog machine was on overdrive!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Looks the fog machine was on overdrive!

nope i farted
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gravitic Anomaly:

Hey Everyone. The story ran in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
Here is a link to readers comments. I thought you might like them:

http://ww2.startribune.com/...06062§ion=/local

- Tim

Great article and I was amazed at the comments to the paper to do more stories like this one. I think Gail did a great job in telling Tylers story.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by maryjane:

Antuzzi--before you get too cocky--I have a LOT of pics of you.

lets see them!!!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stocker....
kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Antuzzi,

Great video, man!! I started going "Woot" when I heard the "Gasoline" song come on.

Paul
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please post a link to the TV news report if you are able.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 11-23-2009).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gravitic Anomaly:

Hey Everyone. The story ran in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
Here is a link to readers comments. I thought you might like them:

http://ww2.startribune.com/...06062§ion=/local

- Tim

"Our reader comments feature is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check back to comment on this story and join the discussion. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Xeps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XepsSend a Private Message to XepsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

This is kind of the icing on the cake...so to speak. I had a few email "tips" sent my way about the guy in chat who kept crashing the server. His screen name was "a" and kept flooding the server which caused a nightmare. Well I guess he was caught via I.P and I was actually surprised when I found out who it was.

That is f**ked up....

I know i accidentally froze the chat a few times because i would type "<<<<<" to point to my name to indicate action, which froze it...the first time i thought it was coincidence, then the second time i realized what did it and made sure to point out that no one types the less than sign....again, i apologize for the accidentally freeze, but for someone to purposely crash the chat\video for such an amazing and heart felt thing is just ****ed up...i think somebody should track his IP and pay him a visit
Grumpy0868

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grumpy0868Send a Private Message to Grumpy0868Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A big congratulation goes out all of the kind hearted people involved in this and to the young man this project was done for, looks like it was a great time doing something good. You don’t see much of this thing these days, so it’s great to see, only wish I was there to help out. Great job guys, High fives all around.

[This message has been edited by Grumpy0868 (edited 11-22-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xeps:

Zeps--this build thread is going to be viewed by a lot of non-PFF people, including those fine folks in Frazee. You think you could edit your post a bit to remove the censor circumvention?

Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is such a great thing that has happened here. I have never been so proud to be a member of a forum before.

------------------

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it still possible to get a shirt or was that only for those that was there?
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Is it still possible to get a shirt or was that only for those that was there?

x2. I'm not sure if Wakejul ever got my PM.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This weekend was awesome Thanks for the experience everyone. OH... and a 3.4 TDC is not a 3400
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
N3MIS3S your shirt is in the mail...I do have shirts left but no 2XLs or 3XLs
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Antuzzi ! ! ! ! !
Why did you have to fly back before I saw that video! I want to kiss you! LOL

That is AWESOME! If you want to edit and refine it a bit, as I know you HAD to toss this together fast to get this up already. I have some great video segments and photo's that you can toss into the mix if you want them.

This whole experience has been just incredible! All of the time, effort, and work was so totally paid for when I saw the smile on Tyler's face when he took his dad for a drive! EVERYONE at the build was just awesome and I totally enjoyed working with each and every one of you!

Damn it! Stuart and I are getting seriously teary-eyed just reading the posts, watching the videos and trying to make this post.

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wakejul:

N3MIS3S your shirt is in the mail...I do have shirts left but no 2XLs or 3XLs

Eep I didn't pay yet! And I had ordered a 3XL. I think our wires are crossed here. I wanted to know how much to pony up for shipping. Lemme know I'll paypal it ASAP.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
john, im still in frazee
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

john, im still in frazee

We left him out there! I told you I wasn't kidding about giving him and PK to Frazee as a gift from PFF!

PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i hate this hotel! at least i have internet
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count your blessings!! There's little children in Africa sleeping under a Baobob tree. Hulki's sleeping on the cold desert floor with scorpions, spiders and a dead camel for a pillow.
You can always go sleep in a cardboard box or in the hotel dumpster ya know.
Huoh!! Kids today!!
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have safely made it home.

JohnWPB, DIY-Stu and I left Frazee today around 1PM or so... On the way to Wadena to pick up the highway towards Sauk Center, we were drifting off as we drove. For safety, we agreed to stop in Wadena and catch some sleep.

We ended up crashing out for 2-3 hours, but did not sleep well. Just enough to get us moving.

I drove my Fiero to Frazee, while they were in their Rebody Kia Kit...
That Kia body kit has a lot of trunk room. I may have to look into it down the road.

Thank you all for your support this weekend! Thank you to everyone who made it up to Frazee to help out!

My sincerest apologies to anyone I may have snapped at this morning around 4 AM. Daddy gets cranky without sleep.. You understand.

The grand "Reveal" was an idea I had rolling around in my head.

I visualized the car rolling forward out of a fog filled garage, barely visible, and pulling the fog behind it.
Well, it worked great. Even the news people thought the fog was a nice touch. A bit theatrical? Yes. In the end, it really helped add some drama to the culmination of many hours of very hard labor to make the car into what it is now.

I worked very hard to make sure the sound system was performing at it's peak. It worked great to be able to pull the car out of the garage with "Gasoline" cranked to the max volume... You could have heard it for 4 blocks. The entire sound system is tuned for quality over quantity, with the ability to gain a LOT of quantity any time Tyler wants to rock out.

Tyler, you now have a car that many on PFF are jealous of... We had to fight very hard to keep others from trying to lay claim to it before it was even finished.
I am honored to have been a part of this. We had a great team with a collective amount of knowledge of the Fiero, even Wikipedia can't keep up.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Count your blessings!! Hulki's sleeping on the cold desert floor with scorpions, spiders and a dead camel for a pillow.

Huoh!! Kids today!!

Wait, Don you don't do humor?

But thats pretty damn funny. Dead camel. LoL
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
*snip snip*

You and Hulki are definitely the man(men?). Without his initial idea and your initiative to get it rolling(and butter smooth, I might add) none of this would have gone down. I'm still awe-struck how it came out. I was talking to PK86 on the phone earlier clamoring over how awesome it is, and him rightfully so saying pictures just don't justify it. I can only imagine the car in person. Tyler truly has a car to be proud of right now.

Go get some well deserved sleep, Synth. You and the build team earned it in spades.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bedtime photo bump...

Enjoy the signatures...

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
does anyone mind if i take photos from websites of tylers car? well its too late... I have a new vid uploading at the moment. i did take some pics off of tylerstoy.com If i need to take them down please tell me! i dont want to offend anyone. Also if anyone has any video clips please email them to me at krisantuzzi@hotmail.com thanks
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made it home boys and girls. 18 hours of drive time and just shy of 1100 miles total for the weekend. All I can think to say right now is that Pennock's and the Fiero Community have something to be really proud of.

Thanks to everyone who put forth the effort to get this done.

Fred
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler,

I hope this turned out to be more than you could have imagined, and I hope this keeps a smile on your face for a long time to come. You and you're family are outstanding people, with a close family that is such a hard thing to find nowadays, even in my own. Tyler, I also want to thank you for what you did for us. Without you, our community would never have had a chance to form the bonds that have been made over the last 2+ weeks. There is something very special about you, and I'm not the only one who sees it. You and your family are forever a part of ours. My family and I continue to pray for you and your family everyday, and we know God watches over you. It was great to get to talk to you over the webcam, you're smile is forever burned into my memory. God Bless, my friend.

Everyone,

I have been searching my head all day for the right words to say, but there are no words to describe the level of pride I have in you all, and all of the hard work everybody put into Tyler's Toy. Seeing Tyler's smile on his face when I talked to him over chat, and watching him drive his dream at the reveal.....I just don't know the right words. You all gave so selflessly, and continued to give throughout the whole project. The build team worked for over 24 hours straight without sleep, they were like a machine. Your hard work really showed when I saw the pictures of Tyler's Toy. Chris, I especially thank you for taking the ball and running with it. Without your dedication and perseverance took this project to the level it became. You have all restored my faith in this forum and people in general. I can't write this post without tears, so this is where I am ending it. Thank you all, my friends.

Andy
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plaque thread bump

For those interested. I posted pictures of the plaque that was presented to Tyler yesterday during the build. I started a thread where members can post their thanks to Sam Shepard. I am going to forward a link to Sam who did the actual fabrication for me.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078512.html

\/\/

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try n remember to post a hi res pic of the group tonight at home, I'm back at my job today.

thanks all
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a great shot:

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

You and Hulki are definitely the man(men?). Without his initial idea and your initiative to get it rolling(and butter smooth, I might add) none of this would have gone down. I'm still awe-struck how it came out. I was talking to PK86 on the phone earlier clamoring over how awesome it is, and him rightfully so saying pictures just don't justify it. I can only imagine the car in person. Tyler truly has a car to be proud of right now.

Go get some well deserved sleep, Synth. You and the build team earned it in spades.

Amen to that. Great job the car is awesome! Andy and Chris thank you. All of us in the Fiero community, because of the unselfish act by members of our community the Fiero and car clubs have been given a different outlook instead of the stereo type that was in the past. Great people here in this community.
Tyler you are blessed. The community you live in is fantastic. Though I have not been there, just seeing how they support you is just fantastic. Makes one want to pack up and move to Frazee! Tyler you have some great friends! Friends like that are priceless!

Peace to all you.

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, Mich
88 Coupe

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 11-23-2009).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to remind everyone that any picture posted on photo sharing sites and social networking sites may get lost. If you us PIP or MYFiero.com then the pictures links wont get broken if an account is shut down or exceeds bandwidth.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is from a Gentleman in Frazee, he sent me the links to his sons Facebook where four videos were located. I just put em together, and uploaded them.

Brad
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KEV and I made it home after about a 3.5 hour drive... the term sore when trying to extract oneself from a Fiero after work like that doesn't even cut it... I am glad that JohnWPB made it back to sunny Florida, as he missed his first flight. Shawn Yoraway, Purple Reign aka 'Trunk Monkey', rode his GSX-R 1000 back home and followed us for a ways... Glad to see everyone made it back safely. Well, we'll still have to see for PK86 and 'Tuzzi.

The reveal was awesome. Well done, Synthesis. The team was awesome. Well done team.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I would like to remind everyone that any picture posted on photo sharing sites and social networking sites may get lost. If you us PIP or MYFiero.com then the pictures links wont get broken if an account is shut down or exceeds bandwidth.

I have been working (with danyel, silent and others) at saving these for this very reason. For awhile local Frazee people were sending links to their pictures and Video's on tylerstoy chat, we tried our best to grab, and save them as they came up so they could be found later.

I am uploading everything I received to www.tylerstoy.com so they will be there, as well as on my hd.

Thanks for the heads up .

Brad
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChEiIOQhUdg

'tuzzi that video rocks. I thought you were going to do it on the plane

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-23-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New video from Antuzzi...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock