Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 47)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posting from 37000 feet.
IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

For air travelers:
All major news services are reporting widespread delays in some parts of the country due to a computer glitch. YMMV

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/20/us/20air.html

Yea, my iPhone just popped up an alert telling me my flight to Atlanta from West Palm Beach is delayed a half hour. Luckily I have a 2 hour layover in Atlanta so no problems catching that connecting flight.

Just got home from work a few minutes ago, after stopping to buy some shirts with long sleeves Now, final packing then off to the airport. I will be in St Paul at 10:30 and meeting DIY_Stu who is arriving at 11:00 PM. (Pending the imminent flight delays and all)

Synthesis, I will call you when I touch down in St Paul if you still want to meet with us tonight. Stuart and I were talking about leaving around 5:30 ~ 6:00 am in the morning for Frazee.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Yea, my iPhone just popped up an alert telling me my flight to Atlanta from West Palm Beach is delayed a half hour. Luckily I have a 2 hour layover in Atlanta so no problems catching that connecting flight.

Just got home from work a few minutes ago, after stopping to buy some shirts with long sleeves Now, final packing then off to the airport. I will be in St Paul at 10:30 and meeting DIY_Stu who is arriving at 11:00 PM. (Pending the imminent flight delays and all)

Synthesis, I will call you when I touch down in St Paul if you still want to meet with us tonight. Stuart and I were talking about leaving around 5:30 ~ 6:00 am in the morning for Frazee.

I can NOT leave that early, and I would really like to run up with you guys...

Hulki, yes. I have made a phone call.. Waiting to hear back.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For you southerners, dress in layers and that keeps you warm. If you get to warm you can take a layer off. For instance, outer layer sweatshirt, under layer long sleeve shirt, next layer t-shirt. If your fingers get cold like mine. wear light weight gloves or mechanics gloves. For you feet dont where socks that make a tight fit with your shoes. I have found this is worse. I wear copper socks(name brand I think) in my merrells when I walk in the winter. But I hear it will be in the forties and you will be inside so a t shirt and long sleeve shirt will work. Fiero people are great!

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, Michigan
88 coupe
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Posting from 37000 feet.

At 9:29 this morning, you posted
"On the air plain-thanks RRunner!"

Must have been a heck of a head wind.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My GPS tracking test ran almost flawlessly today... of course, it says I am doing almost 140 MPH on the trip, but I believe that the tracker is sending metric speeds and reporting as English..

Anyway... http://www.chalnet.net/trackme

To see my overall progress, you will need to select the trip name on the right in the popdown box.. "Frazee Run" is the trip I will be running tomorrow.
You will have to refresh the page when you want to see where I am currently, and the previous points.

For true live tracking, you can click the black button on the right that says "Live Tracking On". Once you do that, it will show you my current position, with an automatic refresh of 60 seconds. You can change this refresh to whatever you would like, then click "Start" next to it.

It will auto refresh and show you my current position. If you click on the pinpoint or any of the path points on the "Overall" view, it will give you info about my speed, direction and the like.

Hope you guys enjoy this show of "geekiness"..
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

My GPS tracking test ran almost flawlessly today... of course, it says I am doing almost 140 MPH on the trip, but I believe that the tracker is sending metric speeds and reporting as English..

To see my overall progress, you will need to select the trip name on the right in the popdown box.. "Frazee Run" is the trip I will be running tomorrow.
You will have to refresh the page when you want to see where I am currently, and the previous points.

For true live tracking, you can click the black button on the right that says "Live Tracking On". Once you do that, it will show you my current position, with an automatic refresh of 60 seconds. You can change this refresh to whatever you would like, then click "Start" next to it.

It will auto refresh and show you my current position. If you click on the pinpoint or any of the path points on the "Overall" view, it will give you info about my speed, direction and the like.

Almost kinda feels like stalking you. lol
Gravitic Anomaly

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gravitic AnomalyClick Here to visit Gravitic Anomaly's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gravitic AnomalyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just remember to wear your aluminum foil hat, otherwise we can track your thoughts too.

-Tim

[This message has been edited by Gravitic Anomaly (edited 11-19-2009).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can NOT leave that early, and I would really like to run up with you guys....

Why can't you leave that early? You did take Friday off right?

If we leave around 6:00am we will be there around 9:30 am or so and have all day Friday. If er leave around 9 when you originally mentioned, it would put us there at almost 2 in the afternoon.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-19-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Why can't you leave that early? You did take Friday off right?

If we leave around 6:00am we will be there around 9:30 am or so and have all day Friday. If er leave around 9 when you originally mentioned, it would put us there at almost 2 in the afternoon.

I don't think you realize how much we can do in the time we have. I can pull a complete center console, gauge cluster and dash in under 30 minutes. I can have the interior of the car stripped completely, and half the radio wiring done in an hour.

No, I can not leave that early. Sorry guy. I have a bunch of stuff I have to haul up there, was hoping to use the trunk of the rental car...
I have to pick some of that stuff up at 7:45 or 8AM in the morning when the shop opens.
I have no choice.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello from the middle of no where. I'm with pk86 and red bearon halfway between fargo and frazee.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello from the middle of no where. I'm with pk86 and red bearon halfway between fargo and frazee.

Oh, you poor poor bastard.. To be cooped up with those two for an hour.... You have my deepest sympathies...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that vehicle.. NWS NFS comes to mind.
Redbarron--keep a tight line on those 2.
Dunno if the budget can handle bail money.

And please don't let anyone see PK's writing while he's up there.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-19-2009).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Is the shop open and available for these earlier Friday guys to get in and work on stuff? I won't be there til around 6 Friday evening in time for meet n greet.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hey, Is the shop open and available for these earlier Friday guys to get in and work on stuff? I won't be there til around 6 Friday evening in time for meet n greet.

Yeah... But I would prefer that we wait until I get up there tomorrow morning/noon before anything really gets started.
Don't take that the wrong way. I just want to make sure everything stays coordinated.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah... But I would prefer that we wait until I get up there tomorrow morning/noon before anything really gets started.
Don't take that the wrong way. I just want to make sure everything stays coordinated.

yeah guys--don't take that the wrong way.

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OBEY!!!
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KEV

2590 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Did you watch the movie "Fargo"?
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Did you watch the movie "Fargo"?

Thats funny right there. That movie was on this morning!

Antuzzi, Did you not hear the flight attendant tell you to turn off your cell phone and leave it off for the entire flight....Bad Boy! You are lucky you did not end up flying past you destination for 1.5 hours while your cell phone messed up the nav system on the plane!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep.... anyone flying today expect delaus. sitting in the plane now...38 minutes late and still havemt got under way.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Hmmmm....this could explain the 4 children. Just kidding!

Bad Andy.....bad! This is a family forum!

Yeah, but we were all thinking it. j/k
PFF
System Bot
kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys aren't really gonna let PK have a happy hour on the live feed, are you? I thought I'd read that somewhere. If you are.....N3M3S1S, if your seeing this, make sure you keep him in line.

Just messin' with ya, Rick. Wish I could be there with you all. Good luck and happy building.

Paul
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy hour?

You ever read the posts he makes at 2-4am?
I never realized it was possible to slur your words in text form.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Happy hour?

You ever read the posts he makes at 2-4am?
I never realized it was possible to slur your words in text form.

LOL! That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 11-19-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And guess who he is usually conversing with?
Yep--Antuzzi

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-19-2009).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a feeling this is gonna be a couple of crazy days with all you people

I have a spare coil and module to make sure that synthesis makes it there. I also have a full upper gasket kit for the 2.8 in my carry on luggage.

First time flying air-tran, and wi-fi was only $12 for 24 hours, with another free 24 hour pass sent in email. Gives me Internet for all 4 flights... not too bad. getting .9 Mb down linke and .08 upload according to speedtest.net

Checking GPS here in the iPhone, shows me at 32,000 feet at 520 MPH.

Sorry to ramble on, just never used internet in the air before.... me of all people, the king of geekdom and all things gadget Hahh

ya can msg me on yahoo for the next hour or so to catch me still in the air.. info in sig

------------------
I can be contacted on Yahoo Messenger at any time with the nick: JohnWPBFL

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the work was going to start on saturday, and not friday. I thought Saturday was the official build date.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was--AFAIK--, but evidently Synthesis wants to be there in person before anyone does anythng.
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who is flying in tomorrow? I will be arriving around noon if there is no delays,

We can call the shuttle company thats provided and all ride together.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the last thing we need is someone dissecting the interior of the car, and maybe or maybe not having the skills and knowledge to do so safely.. :P

Work officially begins on Saturday... Some things can be taken care of on Friday though.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm totally on board with that

When you rolling into town again?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-19-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
87blackGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87blackGTSend a Private Message to 87blackGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered my shirt
Ordered my hat
Threw in some extra to cover whatever or donate to the fund.
This has turned into such a wonderful event - I am proud to be a member of this forum.
Everyone travel safe
Everyone work safe
Hope there aren't too many busted knuckles (anybody bring along bandaids?)
And, watch your swearing (we all know that goes along with working on these things)

I'll miss the morning work, but wil be watching the feed in the afternoon once I return from Scholar day at UT-Dallas.

Chris

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

T minus 30 minutes and counting.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys remember on the news--those two pilots who went 150 miles beyond their destination while they were either sleeping or playing on their laptops?

Just curious........
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mary jane Shut UP!!!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, No worries
Gravitic Anomaly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gravitic AnomalyClick Here to visit Gravitic Anomaly's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gravitic AnomalyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

T minus 30 minutes and counting.

Hey Stu, Wave at my wife when you go by. She is driving up I35 tonight from Clifton, TX to Princeton, MN.

-Tim

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Expect some turbulence over Kansas---that'll be John Stricker's cows lettin off some methane.
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by maryjane:

Expect some turbulence over Kansas---that'll be John Stricker's cows lettin off some methane.

Or it could just be John lettin it off himself..
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87blackGT:

Ordered my shirt
Ordered my hat
Threw in some extra to cover whatever or donate to the fund.
This has turned into such a wonderful event - I am proud to be a member of this forum.
Everyone travel safe
Everyone work safe
Hope there aren't too many busted knuckles (anybody bring along bandaids?)
And, watch your swearing (we all know that goes along with working on these things)

I'll miss the morning work, but wil be watching the feed in the afternoon once I return from Scholar day at UT-Dallas.

Chris

I got a first aid kit

Who is flyin in tomorrow?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock