Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 46)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was the big front plate ever accounted for?

2nd pg owned for me.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-19-2009).]

IP: Logged
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dammit MJ! You beat me!

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-19-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by maryjane:

Was the big front plate ever accounted for?

Yes! It is sitting in Fiero STS' Garage right now!
It was coated with a rust converter and inhibitor, and then primed... I believe they rattle canned it black after that. It will be coming up tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-19-2009).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

I wish I could be up there now. I really can't wait for this. I think my twin will be able to take his fiero up there. Although she is rather rough. How many people from MN or WI going to bring their fiero up to the build?

So is mine but it still is a Fiero and is fun to drive. Besides it is easy to find, no others like it in mass quanity!
Drive safely and have a great time. Many of us wished we could be there also.

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
Also, 1984whitesc.. Be glad you woke me up over the phone, and not in person... Remember, ALWAYS wear protective head gear when coming to wake me up...

not a morning person are ya lol. I hope you didn't mind me waking you up. I do feel bad about that.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could have pulled the 2 brackets off the 84 I am going to turn into a farm buggy, but since it's not an aero nose, I don't think they are the same. I'm going to strip the panels off of it and will be welding pipe bumpers on it anyway.

Since I still live in the dark forest where there is no high speed connection available, I won't be able to see more than a few seconds of streamed video at a time, but maybe after all is done, someone can edit the video and make a cd to sell with proceeds being donated to Tyler and family?
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

So is mine but it still is a Fiero and is fun to drive. Besides it is easy to find, no others like it in mass quanity!
Drive safely and have a great time. Many of us wished we could be there also.

I was tempted to bring the two Reattas up there to the build. That wouldn't be a good idea. Too many deer, and they are extremely hard to find parts for.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler you may not be aware of it, but your simple request has turned into a great opportunity for many reasons. One of course is the out pouring of loved showed to you and your family. It is awaking many around the world to the fact that we need to love our brothers and sisters. Another is it is showing the world that car club members can not be stereo typed. We are not as some many think.
In this time of high unemployment, this country in turmoil seeming to forget what the founding fathers did for us, your community and the Fiero community are giving a hope to all, that mankind has not grown cold and there is still compassion and love for each other. I see your family has a strong faith and that of course is most important. May they be an example that leads others to Christ.

May the Peace and Love of Jesus be with you through out your journey in life.

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 11-19-2009).]

85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys and girls

I just want to say that I will be thinking about you,
I wish I could have made it.....
I know that this is something that all who are helping out will never forget.
May God bless each and everyone of you.

Tyler,
I wish I could se your face when you get your car.
I will continue to pray for you and your family.
God bless you

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulki--did you get the PM I sent yesterday?

Somehow I missed it mj, I just responded back to it.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On air plain. Thanks rrunner!
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

on air plain

I guess that's what they call a windy runway in California?
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess that's what they call a windy runway in California?

Him and PK will get along together just fine. I hope somebody brought a towel to clean up the slobber, and there are no flavored windows in the shop.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A letter to all from Dave and Karen Gray of Frazee Auto Body and Glass...

Just wanted to drop you a note that you could maybe post on the forum for me. We live right out by Morningside Motel, and could easily pick up anyone who wants to go to Billy's on Friday night or to the shop on Saturday morning. Billy's is in Vergas about 8 miles away. We would be happy to do this for anyone who needs this. Parts and car painted. Looks really really sharp!! Tyler was in yesterday. His smile is priceless!!
Thanks-
Dave and Karen

Also... Guess what!

You can FOLLOW ME TO FRAZEE via my life GPS tracking!
That's right! Track my car tomorrow morning as I and my trusty 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE make the run from the SE suburbs of the Twin Cities of Minnesota to Frazee, MN.

My Cell Phone runs an application that will grab my coordinates, and upload them to my website at http://www.chalnet.net/trackme where you can view me on Google Maps!

Somewhere North of Saint Cloud, I will lose the internet access on my phone that makes this tracking possible. But I will try to get things to update as we go.

So... Again, that website is www.chalnet.net/trackme

You will see my most recent trackable trip, the Wisconsin Dells run for this year.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For air travelers:
All major news services are reporting widespread delays in some parts of the country due to a computer glitch. YMMV

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/20/us/20air.html
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to bother you, but where do we go to watch the live progress?

Thank you,

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I hate to bother you, but where do we go to watch the live progress?

Thank you,

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

www.tylerstoy.com
Click the Video w/Chat link on the left.
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to let people know, all the t-shirts that needed to be shipped will go out today after school....The rest are sitting waiting for this weekend. Anyone who would still like one there are more on the way just let me know
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wakejul:

Just to let people know, all the t-shirts that needed to be shipped will go out today after school....The rest are sitting waiting for this weekend. Anyone who would still like one there are more on the way just let me know

I will need 1 med and 1 large WakeJul!

I am so excited for this weekend ints not even funny!!!!!!

Give me a call when you guys get into town 218 530 0202

I plan on helping Dave and Karen with w/e they need tomorrow and start getting all of the parts in order

See you all soon!
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be flying out in less than 24 hours I cannot wait to get started.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What if our name was taken for the first page of this thread? Is there one reserved for when we get there?
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cajun are you still havin issues with the store on http://www.tylerstoy.com if so let me know .... PM me or any webmaster
Dan

These are the webmasters for the site ...

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-19-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

cajun are you still havin issues with the store on http://www.tylerstoy.com if so let me know .... PM me or any webmaster
Dan

These are the webmasters for the site ...

Danyel,

Please update the donors list on the website with "Fiero STS" or "Tim Cebulla". Same person. He has donated a huge amount of effort, shop time for me to work on stuff for the car, and parts to the cause.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Tyler,
I wish I could se your face when you get your car.
I will continue to pray for you and your family.
God bless you

OH it'll be on video!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis --- DONE !! ...................... dont forget to refresh the page everybody

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-19-2009).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
From friday till sunday my MSN messenger will be opened ---- if ANYONE needs tech assistance for the site email me danyelpotvin(at)hotmail(dot)com or REQUEST connecting to my messenger... I will take calls also 4one8 8three8 five1seven9

wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep it is reserved....Anyone who was on the first list and then anyone who emailed me or paypaled me.....
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yep it is reserved....Anyone who was on the first list and then anyone who emailed me or paypaled me.....

Julie,

I need an XL in addition to the 3x I requested. Chris asked me if I could move up to a 4x because the 3x was limited. I can if I need to, not a problem. I'd prefer a 3x though. We'll see how it works out. I may also be interested in a second shirt in my size once I get there.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris, did you get my PM about that phone call?
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK Chris no problem.

So I have told the senior class to wear their "Team Tyler" shirts on Friday at the meet and greet so that you know they are members of Tyler's class

I myself will need no nametag...I am the incredibly short pregnant girl with 4 little ones and my dashingly handsome husband at my side
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK Chris no problem.

So I have told the senior class to wear their "Team Tyler" shirts on Friday at the meet and greet so that you know they are members of Tyler's class

I myself will need no nametag...I am the incredibly short pregnant girl with 4 little ones and my dashingly handsome husband at my side

Dang, Julie! How do you manage to find time to do all of this for Tyler, plus have 4 little ones, and teach? Talk about multi-tasking!
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

On air plane. Thanks rrunner!

Good news! You are quite welcome. Have a safe trip. If you have any problems you know how to contact me.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Dang, Julie! How do you manage to find time to do all of this for Tyler, plus have 4 little ones, and teach? Talk about multi-tasking!

Probably much the same way you fight a war, find time and compassion for this project, answer PMs, post info, and all the rest of the things you've done Andy.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Probably much the same way you fight a war, find time and compassion for this project, answer PMs, post info, and all the rest of the things you've done Andy.

Haven't you heard the news, Don? There's no war here anymore. I wish they would tell that to those a-holes that send the rockets in here from time to time.

Seriously though, it is very quiet here compared to the past. January's elections will be interesting to say the least.
Gravitic Anomaly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gravitic AnomalyClick Here to visit Gravitic Anomaly's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gravitic AnomalyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so I have been gone a while. The last post I saw was page 19. Now it's up to page 46. Wow!
I see there has been a mindboogling donation of a crate engine (Tyler, I am SO jealous) and a truly cool flag from the men and women in Iraq.
Today I reminded a tv station and phoned a couple of radio stations about Tyler's story and the fantastic people in and around Frazee, MN.

My plans have changed a little. I am now going to be leaving Friday afternoon from Princeton, MN and driving straight to Frazee.
If anyone needs a ride, needs something hauled, or want's to car pool please let me know.
I have a room at the motel and anyone who needs a place to crash is welcome to bunk there.

_Tim
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha should I add that I am also working on my masters degree online Let's just say I enjoy being busy It helps a lot that my husband also teaches at Frazee...in fact our rooms connect by the stockroom (he teaches Physics I teach Biology), so we usually run the same schedule. Unfortunately cleaning is not high on my list of priorities Guess that is why we have all these kids

I have to say that I am more impressed by all your guys' organizational skills and ability to pull this all off from a distance! I am AMAZED...I could never keep everything straight! And I agree...Andy you amaze me with your compassion and ability to start this project especially in the middle of a (non)war zone What you started and have done for Tyler can never be measured!

[This message has been edited by wakejul (edited 11-19-2009).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...in fact our rooms connect by the stockroom..

Hmmmm....this could explain the 4 children. Just kidding!

Bad Andy.....bad! This is a family forum!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My ship leaves in 16 hrs. Anyone know how to speed up time? Maybe I'll just get drunk and go to sleep for a while..........
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to get up there tomorrow!!
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KEV

2590 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

My ship leaves in 16 hrs. Anyone know how to speed up time? Maybe I'll just get drunk and go to sleep for a while..........

Sounds like a good idea..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock