Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 44)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOOT... mY PAGE!

LED side markers are difficult since GM uses them for mark and turn. To illuminate they get power +12v from both sides so drop in LEDs don't function correctly.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 11-18-2009).]

IP: Logged
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

I'm getting to leave work at 2pm instead of 4pm on Friday to get up there. I'll be on the road by NO later then 3pm so were there by 6pm! I can't wait to get up there and get my hands dirty!

Should i bring my shirt and tie for the camera crew.. LOL

I am getting out at noon... where should I meet you... I am probably going to go home first.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by 2.5:

Not a bad idea either way, I only know most people here by their screen names, and I forget names fast.

There are people in my club that still only know who I am if someone says 'oh that's carbon on the forum'... Of course it would help if I went to meetings more than two or three times a year...
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to stop peeping this thread out. I keep getting tearey eyed! Way to go!

Besides the support and effort put forth by the people involved, it is uncanny to see so many businesses actively involved in this project. Just a great feeling when reading through this thread. Bless you all.

Tony
lynxer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Duct Tape and Black Magic markers should do the trick
napajohnny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for napajohnnySend a Private Message to napajohnnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about wiper blades. I can get them in yellow, red, white, blue, chrome or carbon fiber.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WDAY channel 6 will be in Frazee on Friday morning to do a little story on what is happening this weekend and to get some shots of the car.

Just got off the phone with the reporter

KVLY 11 will be there on Sat. it sounds like

Talked with the Detroit Lakes Forum yesterday should be in the paper that comes out tonight/tomorrow morning

Lots of coverage!
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

Duct Tape and Black Magic markers should do the trick

That is what Chris was thinking at the MFF Meeting on Monday Night. LOL
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GTGeff

2027 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

That's right, Tyler. Don't you be afraid to sport those colors! They get chicks!

How about some "Hello Kitty" Stickers? j/k
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just asked Tyler what he thought would be good for wipers and Black was his idea

Dont want to much of the "secret" color on the car or it will get gaudy
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lynxer

105 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by GTGeff:

That is what Chris was thinking at the MFF Meeting on Monday Night. LOL

haha yeah as a low budget vintage snowmobiler we have used duct tape for a lot of things. Chris and I thought it would fit pleasently.

Can't wait!
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by napajohnny:

I have the pickup in stock and I see 87antuzzi has a dizzy but I'll order one in just in case. Most of the interior and dash lights are a
194 bulb so I'll bring a box of 10...How about LED's for the sidemarkers & back-ups? LazerBlue headlights?

Headlights have been replaced with Hella brand lamp housings that take the HB2 bulb. There are new bulbs in the housings, because the housings are brand new.

If you want to toss in a set of HB2 blues, those would be good.

I believe the 168 is a brighter bulb than the 194. I'd suggest bringing a mixture of both?

As for LEDs, we may have trouble getting LEDs into the marker lights, they usually do not fit well. Bring some with, and we can test.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by Tinman:

Hello everyone,
Tracey talked with Andrew, I believe from Forest Lake? Sounds like he and 3 others from that area will be staying with us for the build weekend. If anyone else, absolutely needs a place to stay, please let us know and we will see what we can come up with. We don’t want anyone sleeping in their cars, we can figure something out. For the meet/greet at Billy’s Fri. night, should we bring some name tags or something? Let me know, as I think we have some left over from the benefit. Hope everyone has safe travels…see you soon.

Barry

P.S. Maybe we should haul your 4 wheeler into the shop Ty, so you can get it painted that same sweet pink color.

Yup. Name tags should be silver duct tape, and black magic marker.. I think that fits the theme very well.

Also...

How about wiper blades. I can get them in yellow, red, white, blue, chrome or carbon fiber.

Wiper blades.. Can you get the new RainX "beam" blade? Where the blade support is the solid beam? Know what I mean? It is their new one.. They look really good, the blade is 100% silicone, and works like the water blade for drying a car.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

I am getting out at noon... where should I meet you... I am probably going to go home first.

Check your PM's
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Name tags?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Name tags?

For the Meet and Greet.
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Name tags?

In case you get lost in the woods..

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 11-18-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about everyone gets the same name. Kinda like a colt . I was thinking....kris.
Tinman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinmanSend a Private Message to TinmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Name tags?

LMAO...it was just a thought...we can do without.
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Article in DL paper...may need to make an account to see it.....

http://www.dl-online.com/event/article/id/49041/

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Name tags?

OK.. you can be "that guy over there" and I'll be "the bald guy" and KEV will be "the ogre" Sorry Kev...
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wakejul:

Article in DL paper...may need to make an account to see it.....

http://www.dl-online.com/event/article/id/49041/

That is an absolutely beautiful article... Very well written. It brought tears to my eyes.. I am so pumped to be going up there this Friday, that I can not wait!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice article --- I'm in Levis (Lay Vee) 10 miles from Quebec city -- CANADA -- Phantazia GrafX which I own donated the domain name and webhosting for 2 years I'll have to but it up on the website Donators I guess .... OKI enough of my babyish complaining hehehehe
napajohnny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for napajohnnySend a Private Message to napajohnnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't carry the Rain-X wiper, but I stock the NAPA NeoForm blade which is a beam style blade with teflon. I'll throw those in the box with the antifreeze, bulbs, and a case of brake clean and drop it off @ Frazee Auto Body on Friday. Can't make the meet & greet that night (you are gonna love Billy's), but I'll be there for the build and will stand by with the tensioner & distributor.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't carry the Rain-X wiper, but I stock the NAPA NeoForm blade which is a beam style blade with teflon. I'll throw those in the box with the antifreeze, bulbs, and a case of brake clean and drop it off @ Frazee Auto Body on Friday. Can't make the meet & greet that night (you are gonna love Billy's), but I'll be there for the build and will stand by with the tensioner & distributor.

Awesome!

I plan on being at the shop on Saturday around 8AM... The Fiero takes 18" wipers..
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
o.k. the second batch of shirts and beanies have just shipped out. My supplier had run out of stock on the 3XL so I was only able to get 5 of them. I replace the other 5 with 2 4XL and 3 2XL. Chris if you could possibly take a 4XL instead of the 3XL it would make me most happy as I think Julie had mentioned she had 7 or 8 spoken for.

Julie PM sent

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 11-18-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could do that...

I also need an XL on hold. My neighbor wants one.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Nice article --- I'm in Levis (Lay Vee) 10 miles from Quebec city -- CANADA -- Phantazia GrafX which I own donated the domain name and webhosting for 2 years I'll have to but it up on the website Donators I guess .... OKI enough of my babyish complaining hehehehe

yeah, he runs a bit behind on updates

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Julie,

Please contact Cole at Zorbaz...

Chris,Zorbaz would love to donate up to 15 pizzaz for this worthy cause - 1 large pizza for every 5 volunteers.Have a representative contact me at Zorbaz in Detroit Lakes between 11am & 10pm Wednesday thru Sunday and we can work out the details.Regards,Cole Hanson Zorbaz on the Lake 218.847.5305
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow it sounds great. Guys & Gals this is great that America will see what Real Americans are all about! It will show them that just because we are car people, we aren't uncaring but that we also have compassion. Hulky thanks for starting this even though are over in Iraq and syn for taking the reins here in the states. Many of us wished we could come up and help, but because of economy a lot of us can not do that. God Bless you all.

Steve & Mary Williams
Grand Rapids, Michigan
88 Coupe
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Sounds like all the t-shirts are spoken for?

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.tylerstoy.com/donators.html updated hehehehe Synthesis if I forgot someone please PM me
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey if some of you are in car clubs may be bring your name badge. With all the different states and clubs represented there that would show the media how the Fiero Clubs are different from other car clubs.

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add 1 more Black Beanie to my list, for a total of 3 Black Beanies

Thanks
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

http://www.tylerstoy.com/donators.html updated hehehehe Synthesis if I forgot someone please PM me

Yes I would say there are some missing but the poor lad is a bit busy.
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for one black and one white cap..thanks!
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KEV

2590 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Originally posted by solotwo:

Hey if some of you are in car clubs may be bring your name badge. With all the different states and clubs represented there that would show the media how the Fiero Clubs are different from other car clubs.

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

I'm bringing my clubs Flag up there to show support from the ones that can't make it up and for the ones that will be there!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats kool!
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See ya there Friday kev.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Sounds like all the t-shirts are spoken for?

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

There plenty of shirts still available as far as I know. Please PM Wakejul if you are interested in one.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock