Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 41)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know what the Surgeon General would say if he saw you with them?

I already got it Baby !!!

Read it and Weep Boys, that`s 2 for me !!!

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 11-16-2009).]

IP: Logged
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flip a coin for the next page?

Oh! You suck!

What would he say?

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 11-16-2009).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
K...

Adding custom gauges is not easy... To replace the gauges requires building a panel to mount, custom wiring, and lots of work....

Be patient Tyler... You have a surprise coming..
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only pic I have. This is when I was installing them. Had to make a harness and brackets. I will post my gauge cluster project when I get home.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I posted this back in the thread somewhere, but not sure where in all of the pages

A good friends of Tylers' family, Tracy and her husband, have a really nice camper/trailer that sleeps 4-5 adults (2 queen beds and 2 twin beds) When I spoke with Tracy on the phone, she said they had it all winterized, covered up, and parked away for storage for the winter. They have pulled it out, got it all hooked up and ready to use for anyone going for the build. It has hot and cold running water, shower bathroom, central heat, TV ect... They are close to the build location. Someone needs to definitely take advantage of this, as they were nice enough to move it back out and get it all set to help out. This would be free of charge, and is a really nice gesture on their part to go through all the trouble. Contact Synthesis or myself, or call Tracy directly at 218 eight four nine 572 six.

I would hate to have seen them go through all of the trouble of setting it up, and it was all for nothing.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-17-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick. You wanna sleep in a trailer? If not we can still split a room
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

oh yeah and it is getting cold. The lakes are starting to freeze over Bring a coat

WOW! There must be something SERIOUSLY wrong with the water in your lakes there or something!! We don't have that problem down here

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-03-2018).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5181 posts
Member since May 2009

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

It would be like your own private vacation home for the weekend And FREE to boot!!!!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What you mean?
currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the new gauges how about the digital ones in the
mall I know there exspensive, maybe he would give you a deal
they look very easy to install... might just be the ticket.

also a few of us here in oregon will be thinking of tyler on saturday
when we meet to totally dismantel a fiero on saturday.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just screwin with ya pk86
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just screwin with ya pk86

dude if im drunk enough i dont care ill seel on the sidewalk
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pontiackid86 NOV 17, 02:12 AM quote Originally posted by 87antuzzi:I'm just screwin with ya pk86dude if im drunk enough i dont care ill seel on the sidewalk     
Started a little early huh?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86 NOV 17, 02:12 AM quote Originally posted by 87antuzzi:I'm just screwin with ya pk86dude if im drunk enough i dont care ill seel on the sidewalk     
Started a little early huh?

Nope completley sober
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by currie68:

On the new gauges how about the digital ones in the
mall I know there exspensive, maybe he would give you a deal
they look very easy to install... might just be the ticket.

I think those are designed to be drop in replacements for the stock gauges... Only problem is that everything is done custom- colors, tint, etc.

It takes a while, unless he has some generic version kept away.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A question/request for my greedy self. Anyone have a 1986 V6 auto ECU out there i could buy off ya?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most travel trailers nowdays are really quite a bit better than a generic motel room IMO, and that one sounds like a pretty nice setup. My brother has one that is similar, which he pulls from Little Rock, down to the beach on Bolivar Peninsula, and it is definitely a LOT more than "a trailer".

It is very nice of Tracy and her husband to make this kind offer, and as I said earlier, the hospitality and generosity being offered by the people in the area around the build site is astounding.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69558 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

A question/request for my greedy self. Anyone have a 1986 V6 auto ECU out there i could buy off ya?

Andy said he has one and sends this message:

"I've got it here with me--come get it--I won't ship it."
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

dude if im drunk enough i dont care ill seel on the sidewalk

Wow, you guys make it sound like the travel trailer is a bad thing!!!!! This travel trailer, I can guarantee will be far nicer than any motel room that anyone is going to stay in there! No disrespect to the motels in the area, but a full kitchen, bathroom, living room, and 2 bedrooms is something you are not going to find at a motel anywhere!

As MaryJane mentioned, it was EXTREMELY generous for them to set it all back up, and offer it to people coming into town, and sounds like an A+ place to sleep to me! I would have taken up on the offer, but I already booked a room, and do not want to back out of that arrangement out of respect to the people I am sharing the room with, or Robin.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Andy said he has one and sends this message:

"I've got it here with me--come get it--I won't ship it."

But my Uncle will provide free transportation for you to pick it up.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, for those that have not checked out TylerToy.com, have a look.

All of the photo's that I have found, as well as the news articles and all links pertaining to this project are also on there.

Make sure to bookmark it as well if you are interested in watching the build progress. There will be a live camera and laptop at the site, so you will be able to watch, as well as chat with the people on site. There are 2 chat rooms actually, one with the video on the left, and one with just a chat room. (Both are the same chat room, so if one person is on one page, and another on the other page, they will be in the same chat).

Check it out!

http://www.tylerstoy.com

PFF
System Bot
Tinman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinmanSend a Private Message to TinmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Guys,

Thought I had better jump on here and clear up the travel trailer talks. We do have a travel trailer that someone is more than welcome to sleep in for free. It will comfortably sleep 2 not 4. I have not drained the rv anti freeze from it yet, as I was waiting to see if we have any takers before getting it set up. It does NOT have a tv set up in it right now. It is NOT a big luxurious travel home, just a simple small travel trailer. The beds will be clean and it will be warm, the furnace works great. I’m still undecided as to whether I will hook up the hose for the shower or not…we may have more trouble with freezing than what it’s worth. The camper would basically be provided for sleeping, and showering could be done in our home. The camper has a fridge (holds quite a bit of beer) J and there is a small oven and stovetop if you must cook, however I don’t see anyone having to cook at this event. We also have a guest room in our house that one or two guys are welcome to. I think that is where the confusion came in when Tracey said we had room for up to 4 guys. That is what we have to offer. If only one or two need a place to stay, we would rather they take the guest room, if more room is needed, then I will set up the camper. Please let me know asap if we have any takers so I can go ahead and set the camper up, it is really no big deal to do so, I am just waiting for definite plans so I don’t set it up for nothing….know what I mean? Also we live only about 6 miles from the shop, if someone does stay here and needs transportation back and forth, I’ll have it covered. Could also possibly pick someone up from the Fargo airport if that helps. Let me know what I can do, and keep in touch.

Barry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinman:

Hi Guys,

Thought I had better jump on here and clear up the travel trailer talks. We do have a travel trailer that someone is more than welcome to sleep in for free. It will comfortably sleep 2 not 4. I have not drained the rv anti freeze from it yet, as I was waiting to see if we have any takers before getting it set up. It does NOT have a tv set up in it right now. It is NOT a big luxurious travel home, just a simple small travel trailer. The beds will be clean and it will be warm, the furnace works great. I’m still undecided as to whether I will hook up the hose for the shower or not…we may have more trouble with freezing than what it’s worth. The camper would basically be provided for sleeping, and showering could be done in our home. The camper has a fridge (holds quite a bit of beer) J and there is a small oven and stovetop if you must cook, however I don’t see anyone having to cook at this event. We also have a guest room in our house that one or two guys are welcome to. I think that is where the confusion came in when Tracey said we had room for up to 4 guys. That is what we have to offer. If only one or two need a place to stay, we would rather they take the guest room, if more room is needed, then I will set up the camper. Please let me know asap if we have any takers so I can go ahead and set the camper up, it is really no big deal to do so, I am just waiting for definite plans so I don’t set it up for nothing….know what I mean? Also we live only about 6 miles from the shop, if someone does stay here and needs transportation back and forth, I’ll have it covered. Could also possibly pick someone up from the Fargo airport if that helps. Let me know what I can do, and keep in touch.

Barry

Thank you for offering up some places to stay Barry!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinman:

The camper has a fridge (holds quite a bit of beer)

Barry, welcome to the forum. Personally, thank you for your hospitality!

And I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we don't drink beer.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Barry, welcome to the forum. Personally, thank you for your hospitality!

And I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we don't drink beer.

Hah!

Barry, thank you so much. I'd ask that you forgive some of our more... Inebriated members...
I RV'd for years with my family. As a matter of fact, we lived in our 34 foot Class A when we moved from Florida to MN. We traveled for 6 months in between the time we left Florida and the time we landed in MN.

6 people, 2 cats and a dog, crammed into a 34 foot RV led to some very interesting times... Especially when dad pulled the camper over cause he had to use the restroom... At the risk of too much information, all the windows opened at that point. Ahhh. The joys of RV living!

Thank you so much for your offer of the travel trailer. I am sure we will find someone who can use it. Please, do not drain the storage antifreeze. If they need a shower, they can drive out to one of the hotel rooms, and we can accommodate them there for showers.

A think just a bed with some warmth to it will be more than suitable.

Oh, and again, Welcome to the greatest car club for the greatest car on the planet! (subjective opinion, and a little biased too boot)
Tinman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinmanSend a Private Message to TinmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! The members of this forum (and everyone involved in this project) are absolutely the greatest. It’s just fantastic what you are all doing for Tyler. He pretty much just lights up when this project gets mentioned. Knowing him, he’ll be there with his sleeves rolled up and wanting to get greasy. Lol As far as giving up a place for someone to crash, no problem. Just let me know if any, or how many, would like to stay, so I can start planning.

By the way...I don't drink beer either.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

2 cats....

Ahhhh! That explains why you have an avatar from the 'cheesing' episode of South Park! You were cheesing, weren't you, Chris?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahhhh! That explains why you have an avatar from the 'cheesing' episode of South Park! You were cheesing, weren't you, Chris?

It was supposed to be animated, but the animation failed.. "The goggles! They do nothing!"

And yes, I was cheesing. You caught me..

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-17-2009).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

It was supposed to be animated, but the animation failed.. "The goggles! They do nothing!"

And yes, I was cheesing. You caught me..

Hey, the animation will only work if you resize the original as 70x70 and then submit it. I found this out last night. If it is over that size, the forum will automatically save it as a .jpg
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, the animation will only work if you resize the original as 70x70 and then submit it. I found this out last night. If it is over that size, the forum will automatically save it as a .jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I can't resize GIFs...
Don't have the tools here to do so.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thread hijack:

You can resize them online here: www.gifworks.com

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008
WE'RE GETTING CLOSER!!! 4 MORE DAYS!!!

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hulkis dream ride^
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulkis dream ride^

Of course...it matches my purse.......I mean....my guns. Lots of manly guns.
Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
um... i haven't been following. just checking in to see what's up...

that's not it, is it? o.O

------------------
"Be not led astray, bretheren beloved..." -James 1:16.

Thanks, Danyel, for the graphic.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr_jacob7:

um... i haven't been following. just checking in to see what's up...

that's not it, is it? o.O

Yes, that is the paint scheme we are going for on Ty's car. You don't like?
currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the digital dash is totally plug and play and fit in
the exsisting dash nice product
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After all the time and effort we put into getting the car ready, and the paint that Dave and Karen are putting on the car, and you don't like what we chose for Tyler?!

I mean, come on! Sure, it will be a surprise to Tyler, but what man wouldn't love neon pink, green and flowers on their car?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet a honda would still try to race it. Imagine loosing to a pink fiero with green rims and flowers.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by currie68:

the digital dash is totally plug and play and fit in
the exsisting dash nice product

That may be, but the digital dash takes a lot of time to get together, we don't have the money to put into a complete digital dash, and he doesn't sell enough in volume to make up for a full on donation. I am sure he would be willing to help out, but we are too close to the project for it to be within our purview.

Trust me.. Leave the gauges alone... We have a plan. :P
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock