Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 40)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130692 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Blueiii

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: Page 40 FTW.

Saw last week something about the sail panels coming from a guy in Indianapolis. Oddly enough, I had a set come in from there as well and they didn't work out for me. (The black screen printing wasn't large enough and you could see parts of the frame around the edges.)

If it is the same source, which sounds likely, you might want to test fit them ahead of time. They looked great when I got them, but not when installed.

I'm waiting to see if these had the same issue as mine, so wanted to give the builders a heads up just in case.

[This message has been edited by Blueiii (edited 11-16-2009).]

IP: Logged
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blueiii:

Edit: Page 40 FTW.

Saw last week something about the sail panels coming from a guy in Indianapolis. Oddly enough, I had a set come in from there as well and they didn't work out for me. (The black screen printing wasn't large enough and you could see parts of the frame around the edges.)

If it is the same source, which sounds likely, you might want to test fit them ahead of time. They looked great when I got them, but not when installed.

I'm waiting to see if these had the same issue as mine, so wanted to give the builders a heads up just in case.

Did you get yours from Ebay?

The photos are back a ways in the thread here.. I believe we have plans to tint them a bit as well.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

What's the recommended blend for Mn winters?

Psh... it ain't winter yet... boxers and shorts with a t-shirt.

Seriously though... I plan on wearing jeans, a t-shirt, with a sweatshirt over the top and a jacket along if needed... the inside temps tend to differ greatly from the outside temps here... I don't plan on wearing gloves or a hat, but they will probably be along just in case... tis supposed to be in the mid 40s and not real sunny on saturday and maybe raining on sunday so far... we'll see, as they suck at extended forcasts up here.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-16-2009).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Psh... it ain't winter yet... boxers and shorts with a t-shirt.

Seriously though... I plan on wearing jeans, a t-shirt, with a sweatshirt over the top and a jacket along if needed... the inside temps tend to differ greatly from the outside temps here... I don't plan on wearing gloves or a hat, but they will probably be along just in case... tis supposed to be in the mid 40s and not real sunny on saturday and maybe raining on sunday so far... we'll see, as they suck at extended forcasts up here.

seiously though......
Do you shred them up and poke them down the oil filler or pull the oil pan and drop them right in?

I think if you move to a synthetic blend and move up on viscosity (eg: 10-30 or 10-40) you will be just fine. I have done it on both of my '87 GT's and the leaks I had have stopped.[quote]

\/\/

{I asked)
11-16-2009 12:25 PM

What's the recommended blend for Mn winters?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-16-2009).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 2.5 has a recommended weight of 5W-30. Works great summer and winter with 157K. I can tell you from experience that switching older vehicles to synthetic can cause leaks. I tried it on one of the kids beaters and noticed sometime later a leak out in the road she parked her car. So I switched it back and the leaking stopped. That is the reason I haven tried on the ole 2.5. Dont get me wrong synthetic oil is great. GM uses quite a few synthetic fluids on the TopKick Medium Duty trucks. I applauded you people for helping Tyler out. His car is going to be AWESOME! Lloyd I really like the cover you made! They say that the weather here in Michigan will be nice this weekend. I pray yall have safe traveling to and from MN.

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

LOL... when I quote your last message the above is what it gave me...

about the blend... WTF was I reading... LOL. Man.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-16-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

LOL... when I quote your last message the above is what it gave me...

That always happens when text, located between 2 'quotes' is quoted.

lynxer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Benefit was packed. Excellent turn out! To say the least! Frazee sure came together for Tyler!

Car is at Tires Plus

Shirts/hats were a hit and were sold out by 4:00 yesterday (2 XL's and 1 M were left)

Can't wait for you guys to get here. I might be away from my computer a little bit again. So if you need me Call me 218 530 0202, but I will be checking in.

My post may sound short and sweet, but if I say to much more I will give away surprises.

-Nick

Oh WakeJul! You snuck away from VikingRedBaron and I twice last night! We saw you from a distance holding the baby in the pink blanket by the time we got close to you we lost you! Maybe next time!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

oh yeah and it is getting cold. The lakes are starting to freeze over Bring a coat

[This message has been edited by lynxer (edited 11-16-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Karen called from the body shop... The passenger door skin may be damaged. The bottom tabs that mount to the bottom of the door have a problem.

I asked if there was a way to repair this, or make it work as a fallback in case we can't get a door skin there today/tomorrow.
She is checking to see.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Great News!

Tires Plus has already completed half of the Grand Am upgrade, and is in the process of machining the front hubs down for the rotors.

Things are coming together!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paint must be scheduled next?
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Paint must be scheduled next?

Actually, a large portion of the body panels are painted, but if anything needs to be replaced, it needs to be up there today/tomorrow in order to be prepped and painted before Friday. It has to cure before we can deliver the car.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:
oh yeah and it is getting cold. The lakes are starting to freeze over Bring a coat

Nick...............

That last picture was not entirely Helpful.............

We have Cali and Fl Natives coming to visit this week.

They just might Wimp out on us if they see more like that one.........

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 11-16-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least the sun was shining..
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Julie PM sent
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stopped by Tires Plus today and they didnt have the Fiero done. Their brake lathe wont cut the parts enough. So they pulled a few springs and Jim is bringing them to a machine shop after work. His friend works the night shift and is going to do them tonight then drop them on Jim's deck when he gets off. Hopefully in the morning they will have it all taken care of so I can get it back to Dave.

This is mainly to Synthesis as he is the coordinater, but I have class from 8-12 and then from 2-330 so hopefully at 12 I can get it down there and find someone to give me a ride back to Detroit Lakes.

Scale 1-10 how pumped are you guys for this weekend?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

I'm at a solid 9.4

9.8 for Billy's on Friday night
9.81 for Zorbaz Pizza Saturday
108/10 for seeing Tyler's face when the car is all done
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lynxer

105 posts
Member since Oct 2009
By the way I just saw on a previous post. I have oil and a filter donated from riverside auto parts. It is conventional oil what the car has had in it
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 136
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i want to keep running same oil and i hope the door isnt broken dont want to cause everyone any more problems and i got extra money from people and id like to get some like racing gauges for it so what ones do i buy that will fit or wont they fit and would it be much extra work i just think it would look really nice but what you guys think thanks guys

Tyler Shipman

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
Grand Am Brakes
Mr. Mike's Leather

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if we could get a list somehow, maybe on the first page of where everyone is staying for the weekend.

I was talking to some of the local people here and they had offered space if needed. They have not heard anything as of yet, if someone is taking them up on the offer or not.

If we could get a list of some sorts, if nothing else it would be nice to know where to go to meet up with them as well.

I am staying in Detroit Lakes for the 2 nights.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

VikingRedBaron

879 posts
Member since Nov 2009
Hmmmmmm, I thought I read somewhere there was a set of gauges being installed.

Anyone know whats up with that?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not aware of any guages being installed currently, but I can tell you from experience it's no easy task. To do something like auto meter would require a custom sub-panel to be built and all of the holes measured and precut for each individual guage. It's incredibly time consuming and complicated to do correctly as there are three wiring connectors that come into the back of the original cluster. Here is a pic of my gauges from a sunbird turbo that took me 19 hours to modify, wire, and install to fit and work correctly.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get pro sports. They are awesome and cheap. And easy to install. I have them in my car.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pics?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes you !!!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should have worded it better. Pics of the gauges?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awe what the heck, show us pics of the whole car while your at it.

Been awhile since this thread has had some pics in it !!!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes- pics -of -the -guages
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on Kris................

I know you can do it..............

Don`t let us down now................
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want the next page!!!!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't want to see my fiero. I'm uploading the only pic I have right now. You would not believe how difficult it is to up load pics from by blackberry. No computer
PFF
System Bot
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It`s Mine Baby !!!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No way!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguy123

1523 posts
Member since Sep 2009
I'm gonna get it!
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is the list of whats going on for the weekend?

BTW anyone see the amount of views on this!?! 29,000+!!!!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's all me!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguy123

1523 posts
Member since Sep 2009
Mine Mine Mine!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguy123

1523 posts
Member since Sep 2009
This oughta get it

So much for that idea

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 11-16-2009).]

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats the same pack of smokes as in the last pic !!!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cuz that pics like 6 months old
they're probably stale by now, don't ya think?

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 11-16-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock