Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I just got off the phone with Wold's RV Sales just South of Detroit Lakes.

He needs to have a pow wow with a few people before he can make a decision.

I asked him if it would be possible to rent or borrow an RV or two to park nearby for the purposes of a place to crash.

Wold's RV Sales‎ 17867 Long Lake Ln, Detroit Lakes, MN‎ - (218) 847-5471‎

I emailed him with information about Tyler.

You have simply amazing powers of persuasion!
IP: Logged
lynxer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you da man!
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The back seat in my car does fold down. I could ship the dash to frazee. The only problem is that takes away two seats for passengers.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

The back seat in my car does fold down. I could ship the dash to frazee. The only problem is that takes away two seats for passengers.

Could always strap it to the roof of your car.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My goodness this is all going well!

Hey.. questions!

If we are having powder coating and paint done, are there folks available to reinstall things when they come back from coating/painting?

I may be able to head back up to Frazee either Dec 12th or 19th weekend.
There are many hands in this and I am not sure what will be needed when, but if anyone else can get up there again, and we are needed, I'm in.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

thoughts...
He needs a dash for sure?
You could maybe borrow a larger vehicle?
Could it fit from your dash to backseat between the seats longways front to back in the car?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

My goodness this is all going well!

Hey.. questions!

If we are having powder coating and paint done, are there folks available to reinstall things when they come back from coating/painting?

I may be able to head back up to Frazee either Dec 12th or 19th weekend.
There are many hands in this and I am not sure what will be needed when, but if anyone else can get up there again, and we are needed, I'm in.

Will you be up on the weekend of the 20th of November?
I'd like to be able to do the seats, the headliner, and the audio system in one shot, since all of that has to come out in one shot anyway.
So.. We need to get Mr Mike's seat skins up there ASAP.
We need to get headliner material and spray glue. (Can you provide those 2.5?)
We need audio... I am waiting to hear back from a local audio company to see if they are able to help us.

If we can get the intake and valve covers before that weekend, we can get those in as well.

I can put the dash in at the same time as we do the interior stuff, as I want to be able to pull the existing dash to install security/remote start if at all possible.
I asked mmeyer if he had any spare Auto shift knobs in grained grey leather..
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

thoughts...
Could it fit from your dash to backseat between the seats longways front to back in the car?

His dash has the typical damaged corners on it. GTGeff has offered a dash for the car.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from the powder coat shop. I had to take the owner on a ride in my 87 gt. he also said 2 tone coating is a pita! so need some color schemes. I was thinking. I have to bring them in to him sand blasted. My sand blaster is not working. Anyone know anyone that does sand blasting around Sacramento ca?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Just got back from the powder coat shop. I had to take the owner on a ride in my 87 gt. he also said 2 tone coating is a pita! so need some color schemes. I was thinking. I have to bring them in to him sand blasted. My sand blaster is not working. Anyone know anyone that does sand blasting around Sacramento ca?

I still suggest just keeping it stock colors for now and sanding the surface areas that are normally bare.
It will be good for the time being in my opinion.

American Stripping Co‎
6202 Warehouse Way, Sacramento, CA‎ - (916) 387-9933‎
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing we didn't iron out is a windshield. Anybody have a line on one? That would almost have to be nearby his house. Also, did we iron out the type of seat covers that Mr. Mike will be providing?
PFF
System Bot
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thoughts...

Yeah, that would work, My twin and are small people, so it might fit. Duh why didn't I think of that lol.
and if not, I am sure I can work something out. If I can fit an entire decklid in my trunk I am sure I could fit a dash in my trunk I not really familiar with how big a dash is.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 11-03-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

One thing we didn't iron out is a windshield. Anybody have a line on one? That would almost have to be nearby his house. Also, did we iron out the type of seat covers that Mr. Mike will be providing?

No. I think we should just go in with seat covers that look similar to what is in there, but add the Fiero logo to them for good measure.

I can't make that decision, but I am sure he would already have a set of those laying around.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a windshield. I can't do the shipping.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got a windshield. I can't do the shipping.

Shipping a windshield would be very tricky to do so safely, that's why we need to try and find one near Frazee. I am going to post a thread in the mall seeing if someone close to Frazee could possibly donate a windshield.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys,

A new windshield with warranty is only 100 bucks...
Is the windshield actually cracked/broken?

Frazee Auto Glass can order the windshield, have it in next day or so, and slap it in for us. No charge for the labor, just cover the cost of the glass...
I know this, because I just spoke with Karen again.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-03-2009).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Guys,

A new windshield with warranty is only 100 bucks...
Is the windshield actually cracked/broken?

Frazee Auto Glass can order the windshield, have it in next day or so, and slap it in for us. No charge for the labor, just cover the cost of the glass...

According to Nick, the windshield is cracked. Do you think we will be able to get the money for the windshield? I can donate a little more money. I'll leave my thread up in the mall just in case someone might have one already close to there.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

According to Nick, the windshield is cracked. Do you think we will be able to get the money for the windshield? I can donate a little more money. I'll leave my thread up in the mall just in case someone might have one already close to there.

We can try. That is all I can say.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Received a 20 dollar donation from Andrew Weigle.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We can try. That is all I can say.

Synthesis,

You have a PayPal towards the windshield.

Anyone who wants to donate money towards Tyler's build, please PayPal Synthesis your donation at synssins@yahoo.com
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the windsheild is definitly cracked. I will need to make another Fiero GT sticker for the visor too
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If someone can get the windshield and the plastic beed out there i can instaill it.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's 1:30 in the morning, I'm signing off for the night and will check my PMs in the morning. Thank you all for the progress you have made on this. More than I could have ever expected.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After looking at the pictures more. I think we need a piece of facia or molding on the Drivers side door. Am I right?
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can do a headliner, I just need to get the headliner board out of his car and recover it. I have the material in stock. Will a pair of Fierostore floor mats work? if so I have a nice set of black ones, I also have a set of front speakers and maybe a set of rears. I have a dash, but it's a light gray one that i can have repainted med gray to match his car.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe
1986 Fiero Base Coupe..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being built now!
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ centerline "Q" Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

I can do a headliner, I just need to get the headliner board out of his car and recover it. I have the material in stock. Will a pair of Fierostore floor mats work? if so I have a nice set of black ones, I also have a set of front speakers and maybe a set of rears. I have a dash, but it's a light gray one that i can have repainted med gray to match his car.

Kev, you are awesome!
The speakers will definitely do. Let's see what we have for a dash from Geff, as his may be the correct color. Bring the material up with you, and let's knock this car out in a day... There will be plenty left to do, but we will have made a huge improvement.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis, you have a PM. Need your paypal info. Thanks

Pat

nevermind - I got it. Just had to read the posts........ Paypal on its way.

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-03-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Synthesis, you have a PM. Need your paypal info. Thanks

Pat

nevermind - I got it. Just had to read the posts........ Paypal on its way.

katatak, I got your PM... You are awesome!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Katatak has sent a donation of $100 to help with the windshield and any other costs.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak, I got your PM... You are awesome!

Let me know if you got it. Use it for the windshield and anything else. I'd like to thank everyone for all they are doing for Tyler. I tried everything I could to be free to come help on the 21st but I just can't swing it. I will go with Hulki in January if we can work it all out. Can't find the words to describe it - Fiero folks are the greatest.

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-03-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis and katacak. A + to u. I just checked south west and they want 250 for a plane ticket . Also if someone could help with shipping that would be great. Being 18 and un employed sucks.
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis and katacak. A + to u. I just checked south west and they want 250 for a plane ticket . Also if someone could help with shipping that would be great. Being 18 and un employed sucks.

Find out what the shipping will cost and I'll see what I can do to help cover the shipping costs. My 2 cents on the paint. Clean them up real good and give them a nice coat of factory red paint. Thanks for all your efforts.

Pat

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a local powder coat shop that doing the work. I just had to take him on a ride in my 87 gt. sorry fiero
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got off the phone with GTJeff, to see what's going to happen with the dash. As of right now he is not sure if he will be bringing it himself or, if I will. He will know later as to what he is going to do.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 11-03-2009).]

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know if I can fit the dash in the passenger seat of my car... If I can, I can bring it. Otherwise, I will have room for one passenger in my Fiero.
The carpet I can bring as well. I PMed GTGeff about it already, and I am waiting for a message back.

Chris,

The dash will not fit in the passenger side of your Fiero. I had to take out the sunroof to get it home. You would be better off strapping it down on the rear deck lid.

The dash is in very good shape & clean inside and out. I think out of an 86/87 GT. Two-tone black over dark gray. Passenger side vent corner slight damage with repair attempt. I could get a photo if necessary.

The trunk carpet very clean except for lower bottom corner has latex paint spill about the size of a 1 gallon paint can.

I am looking a my schedule fpr that weekend. I might be willing to do one-way parts & passenger haul in my covered F150 extended cab.

Later,
Jeff
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Chris,

The dash will not fit in the passenger side of your Fiero. I had to take out the sunroof to get it home. You would be better off strapping it down on the rear deck lid.

The dash is in very good shape & clean inside and out. I think out of an 86/87 GT. Two-tone black over dark gray. Passenger side vent corner slight damage with repair attempt. I could get a photo if necessary.

The trunk carpet very clean except for lower bottom corner has latex paint spill about the size of a 1 gallon paint can.

I am looking a my schedule fpr that weekend. I might be willing to do one-way parts & passenger haul in my covered F150 extended cab.

Later,
Jeff

Jeff, that dash will be perfect. It will be much better than his existing dash. The carpet will be fine as well, and latex paint will come out with goo-gone and some elbow grease. (At least, it does on clothing.)...

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GTJeff, if you can't make it that weekend. I am more than willing to help ship it. Let me know if anything arises.
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Howdy folks

Just throwing this out there, I am planning on being there the 21st, and I will have my truck. It's got an 8 foot bed, so if anything needs to be hauled, I can do it. I may be also willing to transport parts from the Twin Cities area if necessary, I can make a trip down there and back
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 21st is a Sunday, just for the record. I intend to go up on Friday night, the 19th so I can work all day on Saturday...

Can you be there on Saturday instead of Sunday?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better check your calender again, as the 21st November 2009 is a Saturday.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock