Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 39)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130692 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. I do.
HAH! You missed it by one!

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-15-2009).]

IP: Logged
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang it Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna get it some day. You wait and see

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 11-15-2009).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope!
Missed it again!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-15-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As many people know, the 2.8 pulley and belt system leave a lot to be desired...

The belt does not provide a good amount of contact with the crank or alternator pulley, and the belt squeals if you look at it wrong, or it is remotely humid outside..

DodgeRunner has donated a tensioner bracket and a belt for Tyler's 2.8. I will be ordering a tensioner this week for it, and one of our more experience mechanics can install it for us while we are there.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everyone have a place to stay Friday and Saturday night?

I will be coming up from southern MN by myself arriving around 6pm or so in Frazee in time for meet and greet.
Originally my wife was going to come too, she can't, but did bake some goodies for me to bring!
I still haven't booked a room, anyone need someone to split the bill with them?
I could also book a room myself and whoever can fit can crash Friday and Saturday.
If its decent weather out I might drive my Fiero too.
wakejul

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DIY...yep have them set aside

Chris I will email you in the morning...Mary Olson is delivering everything that is left to me in the am at school...I think I will probably have them put in the paper that the shirts will be availible next weekend...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wakejul:

Chris I will email you in the morning...Mary Olson is delivering everything that is left to me in the am at school...I think I will probably have them put in the paper that the shirts will be availible next weekend...

You should also have them mention that the shirts are "First Come First Served" lol

I am very impressed that the shirts sold as well as they did. That means lots of moolah to help the family with bills and the like.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah the Shirts and Beanies went over VERY well.

Lynxer and I arrived on location at about 3 PM.

On the way over we were wondering if we would see anyone with them on.

When we arrived, and walked in the front door, EVERYONE was wearing one. (Well almost everyone) Black Tee`s and Beanies everywhere.

Was nice to see the showing of support.

Oh BTW Tyler LOVES his jacket !!!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh boy then the whole town will know who we are. We'll be the only ones without shirts on friday.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Yeah the Shirts and Beanies went over VERY well.

Lynxer and I arrived on location at about 3 PM.

On the way over we were wondering if we would see anyone with them on.

When we arrived, and walked in the front door, EVERYONE was wearing one. (Well almost everyone) Black Tee`s and Beanies everywhere.

Was nice to see the showing of support.

Oh BTW Tyler LOVES his jacket !!!

Oh... We so need to see photos of the benefit with all of those shirts on! That is AWESOME!

I'd love it if on reveal day, everyone was wearing the shirts.. Would be amazing to see.

Photos of Tyler with his jacket please....
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lynxer took some of the "Babes" wearing them for you !!!

He took one of Tyler with the jacket as well.

Unless there is another run, and no one has any reserved, Yuppers, we will be without..............

I for one had some set aside..............
PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Everyone have a place to stay Friday and Saturday night?

I will be coming up from southern MN by myself arriving around 6pm or so in Frazee in time for meet and greet.
Originally my wife was going to come too, she can't, but did bake some goodies for me to bring!
I still haven't booked a room, anyone need someone to split the bill with them?
I could also book a room myself and whoever can fit can crash Friday and Saturday.
If its decent weather out I might drive my Fiero too.

I have a double reserved. at Budgert Host in Frazee. I haven't confirmed if PR is riding up with me on Fiday afternoon yet. You're welcome to split 2/3 ways.

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have wipers so I don't feel completely worthless. Almost getting time to take off! Anyone want any california items? Pk86 is bringing me a real philly cheese stake.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone clue the rest of us in regarding the jacket?
I don't remember reading about it.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some Fiero books/literature I'd like to send to Tyler. Would anybody be coming through the Peru, Indiana area anytime on Friday who could take them up? Thursday night after 7pm would be fine too as I'll be home from work by then. It's not much but he might get some enjoyment out of them. I'll ship them if I need to but figured it would make more sense if someone could take them to him directly. Peru, IN is north central part of the state. It's about 1/2 way between Indy and S. Bend and 1/2 way between Ft. Wayne and Lafayette if that helps. If anyone is willing, please PM me so I make sure I don't miss it. Thanks.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I still have wipers so I don't feel completely worthless. Almost getting time to take off! Anyone want any california items? Pk86 is bringing me a real philly cheese stake.

LF Fender for a 84 SE?

Is it ready to Fly? LOL
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Someone clue the rest of us in regarding the jacket?
I don't remember reading about it.

The jacket was a "surprise" item that did not get posted in here...

Photos will be forthcoming around the time of the reveal...

PM sent Don.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler Mary and I will pray Gods will for you. I sold some old magazines and I am sending the proceeds.

May the Peace and Love of Jesus be with you.

Steve & Mary Williams
Grand Rapids, Michigan
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fender is coming off in the am. Then its getting wet sanded in the pm. Then a good buff. I going to look like some red neck walking into the airport with a fender.... ha I'm going to have the fastest fiero part on earth
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Fender is coming off in the am. Then its getting wet sanded in the pm. Then a good buff. I going to look like some red neck walking into the airport with a fender.... ha I'm going to have the fastest fiero part on earth

My jet is going to be faster than yours I dunno what parts im bringin yet.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Julie,

Were the t-shirts that were paid for over PayPal shipped out of that first batch, or are they coming out of the next batch? I sent you a PM a few days ago, but haven't heard from you.

Andy
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

I have a double reserved. at Budgert Host in Frazee. I haven't confirmed if PR is riding up with me on Fiday afternoon yet. You're welcome to split 2/3 ways.

Thanks for the offer, you have a PM.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

White or black hat?

Uhm..... white.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 11-16-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

My jet is going to be faster than yours I dunno what parts im bringin yet.

But you'll probably be tied up in airport security for trying to bring those ungodly things onboard that pass for steaks in your neck of the woods.
Yep, I've tried em back when I was stationed on the East coast--what a waste of good beef.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Yep, I've tried em back when I was stationed on the East coast--what a waste of good beef.

Them there's fightin' words.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any T-shirts available for purchase?

Thank you,
Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the shirts that were preordered were pulled from the first batch. My laptop and I got in a little disagreement over the weekend, I want it to work it refuses. So I have been on sparingly. Chris I am going to count up the # of preorder shirts now and will let you know in a few minutes what we need specifically.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok sounds good
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just Wonder if you still need the front crash bumper?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

Hey, we don't need the honeycomb. We need the two black pieces that bolt to the impact beam for the aero nose. Those are the nose supports when lifting/towing or hitting a curb.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

All the shirts that were preordered were pulled from the first batch. My laptop and I got in a little disagreement over the weekend, I want it to work it refuses. So I have been on sparingly. Chris I am going to count up the # of preorder shirts now and will let you know in a few minutes what we need specifically.

If I get a little bit of time on Friday night or Saturday, I can take a quick peek at your laptop. I work on computers for a living here at 3M.
Also, I will be picking up an XL shirt for "maryjane" while up there.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-16-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4 days... woot!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

If I get a little bit of time on Friday night or Saturday, I can take a quick peek at your laptop. I work on computers for a living here at 3M.
Also, I will be picking up an XL shirt for "maryjane" while up there.

3M? I could get all the double-sided adhesive I ever wanted!!! That stuff is as handy to have around as gorilla glue!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

Yes... We need the impact beam.. Crash bumper.. The metal beam underneath the nose that everything bolts to.

This is a MUST to have this at the shop yesterday...
Sorry, it is just urgent that we get it there.

The braided brake lines have arrived, but are probably sitting in Nick's basement. The car is due to get brakes today, but they can't put brakes on it without the lines, and I can't get ahold of Nick.

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH! So frustrated! It is difficult (to say the least) trying to coordinate this from down here...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-16-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
On a side note... We are still receiving donations, and I realize I have been slacking on keeping the first post donations/expenditures on track. I will remedy this as soon as I possibly can. A very busy week at work, along with the suspension and brake problems on my car have kept me running. I will try to find some breathing space today.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wakejul

I would like to add another Black Beanie to my list of wants.

After seeing them yesturday I need 1 more.

Thanks, Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If we are doing an oil change on it I have 4 quarts of Valvoline synpower 5w30 full synthetic I can donate.

Let me know if that works for Tylers car and I will bring it with.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do we want to move to Synthetic on the car after it has been on standard forever?

Leak city I think. But the thought is what matters.
Hold off on the oil for now.

Also, I got ahold of Nick. Sorry Nick... Just super busy, and itching to get up there...
I want this to go off perfectly.

Nick will get the car to Tires Plus today for brakes.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Do we want to move to Synthetic on the car after it has been on standard forever?

Leak city I think. But the thought is what matters.
Hold off on the oil for now.

Also, I got ahold of Nick. Sorry Nick... Just super busy, and itching to get up there...
I want this to go off perfectly.

Nick will get the car to Tires Plus today for brakes.

I think if you move to a synthetic blend and move up on viscosity (eg: 10-30 or 10-40) you will be just fine. I have done it on both of my '87 GT's and the leaks I had have stopped.

\/\/
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the recommended blend for Mn winters?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock