Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 38)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
2.5fierose

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 136
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
also does everyone that is coming down next weekend to work on the car have a shirt reserved cause i want to make sure that you all get one or as many as you want

Tyler Shipman

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
Grand Am Brakes
Mr. Mike's Leather

IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5fierose:

heres some pictures from today also i think we will have to find a place to get more of these shirts printed to sell whats your guys thoughts i mean we got a hundred shirts plus i got a few with all the people that donated and helped on it i would think would get one people from frazee i would think would buy them plus kids from my school will see i guess but i just have the feeling that there gonna be gone very fast

file:///F:/DCIM/100KZ612/100_1144.JPG
file:///F:/DCIM/100KZ612/100_1143.JPG
file:///F:/DCIM/100KZ612/100_1145.JPG

Tyler Shipman

Tyler your pics didn't show, I PM'd you my email if you want to send them to me I can post the pics

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by 2.5fierose:

also does everyone that is coming down next weekend to work on the car have a shirt reserved cause i want to make sure that you all get one or as many as you want

Tyler Shipman

I think we are buying them from WakeJul, I'm not sure if the shirts you have are the same batch she is selling or not..(?) When Synthesis gets back online he would know.
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ill email them to you 2.5 im struggling

Tyler Shipman

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
Grand Am Brakes
Mr. Mike's Leather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your pics sir:

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
Looks like a fast ride!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Super Cool Tyler! Glad you got to go for a ride with him in it!

Ok, I added a new "In the News" button on tylers page. This has all of the articles published thus far that I could find.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-14-2009).]

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone let me know if the markers got there? I should've asked this before I sent the two, but are all of the others ok? They seemed to be good in the pics, but pictures can be deceiving.

Paul
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kyunderdawg

4373 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Well, Tyler, is the the 3.4 DOHC as fast as they say? Glad you were able to be taken on a thrill ride.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First: Awesome Tyler! That was great of Stuart to swing by and take you for a cruise.
I bet that was a blast.

Second: Don/maryjane, the package has arrived. I repeat, the package, has arrived...

Third: Today, I spent the day painting calipers/rotors, changing struts, and replacing brake parts with the newly painted ones with new pads.
I blew a seal on a caliper yesterday, along with a lost pad on one side. To be honest, the entire Grand Am setup on my car had been "yarded" from a parts yard, pads and all, and I have been running on them for over a year...

One of the calipers I got had a stripped hole for the line banjo bolt...
O'Reilly Auto refused to take the caliper back under warranty because it was "modified"... I painted it. Big mod... I am going to have to take a hard stance with them. I love them as a parts place. This is the first time I have had an issue... Legally, they can not void the warranty on it as the part itself is not technically modified, and the modification did not lead to the failure of the part.

Anyway... Finishing my brakes and suspension up tomorrow so that I can safely make it up to Tyler's for the build...

Sorry, I have been out all day. I had to actually use a cut off wheel to cut the old struts in half to get the assembly out... What a PITA..
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info regarding the CC.

I too, place O'Reilly's at the top of the list of chain auto parts stores I do business with. I've never had a problem returning anything to them, including a 5 gal can of hyd fluid I bought, took home, opened, and then realized I had picked up the wrong viscosity fluid. (my fault, but they took it back without blinking an eye.) Strip the paint off the calipher and return it?
PFF
System Bot
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep everyone who has requested one has one pulled. If we sell out tomorrow Chris will print more out for next weekend, I just have to let him know. They are awesome aren't they Tyler !!!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wakejul:

yep everyone who has requested one has one pulled. If we sell out tomorrow Chris will print more out for next weekend, I just have to let him know. They are awesome aren't they Tyler !!!

Julie,

Please keep us updated on the Benefit. We'd like to know how well the shirts and hats do, as well as how the benefit in general goes.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Julie can we set up a time so I can call you.... phone tag really not my best!!! hehehe
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is not meant to sound mean or anything, but Nick should come on here and let people know that their packages arrived. Granted, most everybody's packages should be tracked, but we all know the USPS tracking system leaves a lot to be desired.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am pretty sure most of them are on their way, or have arrived. Nick has a busy schedule... He'll be on and he'll update us.
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey synthesis whats new and yes i loved the 3.4 dohc was great man when that engine hits 4500 rpms it just comes to life it just screams and pulls but it does it so smoothly plus his has a rev limiter of 6500 and the engine is supposed to turn 7500 plus the tranny kinda slipped but o well it was still amazing and stuart gave me a long cruise here my dad thought we were just going down the road and back and we were gone for like forty minutes and i didnt have my phone to call him and tell him that i would be gone awhile so he was all worried but o well but hey it was pretty easy to get into the fiero i cant wait to drive my fiero next sunday well not tommorow but you guys know what im talking about

Tyler Shipman

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
Grand Am Brakes
Mr. Mike's Leather

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't get the chance to reserve a hat and a shirt. I wear a small.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

I didn't get the chance to reserve a hat and a shirt. I wear a small.

White or black hat?
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is this doing half way down the page???

5 days after today!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

What is this doing half way down the page???

5 days after today!

Donations have slowed way down--total left in paypal hasn't changed to the + in a while, unless it is no longer being updated.
People outside the immediate region are losing interest?
How many members are at PFF?

You guys are likely as not, going to need more contributions to cover unexpected things that always pop up in this sort of endeavor.
Consumables for the engine--filters, oil, belts, hoses, rags--it all adds up.

C'mon folks--people are going to a lot of trouble and personal expense to make this happen--airline tickets aren't cheap, and some are flying in from very far away. As a forum, we took this on willingly and gladly. Let's support those who are going and those vendors who have so graciously donated to this very worthy project.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed. C'mon folks!!! Let's bring this home for Tyler!
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Agreed. C'mon folks!!! Let's bring this home for Tyler!

I'm getting there, I think I worked 6 hours this week, so don't think badly of me if it's not a lot.

Now, if I can make a small donation with my income some of you guys should be able to do something.

Brad
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I'm getting there, I think I worked 6 hours this week, so don't think badly of me if it's not a lot.

Now, if I can make a small donation with my income some of you guys should be able to do something.

Brad

Nobody will think badly of you even if all you could donate was $1. The fact that you gave Tyler what you could is all that matters.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Brad

Thanks Brad--even if it were just a prayer and well wishes, that's much appreciated and will go a long ways as well!!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was reading Daneele's latest Journal entry from Tyler's Caring Bridge page from Friday. She is having feelings of inadequacy and could definitely use having her spirits lifted. Please send her some words of comfort and reinforcement. She is having to deal with more than most parents ever have to go through with their children, plus having to provide for the rest of the family. Please take this time to send her and her family some good vibes, and to let her know that the PFF community is thinking of them.

Jay and Daneele Shipman - dshipman@loretel.net

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 11-15-2009).]

Indiana87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana87GTSend a Private Message to Indiana87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to make you aware that it's possible not everyone has read Tyler's build thread. I don't know how but I have not seen this thread about Tyler's Build until today! I check the forum almost daily. Maybe Cliff Pennock could send out a mass e-mail to all the forum members (or at least a mass PM?) to be sure everybody on the forum sees this and gets a chance to participate? I made a donation today, I'm really glad I saw this thread and was able to help out, I just thought I'd point out that it's possible only a handfull of people from the forum know about this project. I think it's great the way you guys have planned all this and all, wish I could be there but a donation is all I can do to help out, I'll be following Tyler's story though. This is a great community!

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another $50 donation if someone will buy these manifolds. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/049553.html ( 3800 project parts )

http://www.fastfieros.com
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys! Sorry I have been a little removed the past couple of days! I have been super busy getting things set up so I can take care of you guys next week and just general getting ready for winter so I am back now!

I have a STACK of boxes in my basement right now I haven't had time to open them all up yet! but tonight after I get back from Tyler's Benefit I will and I will post some pictures

There is a ton of stuff here and I cant thank you guys enough on Tyler's behalf, but it is great Tyler has been on the site to talk and thank you guys too

Wow how great is it Tyler got to go for a ride in the 3.4 Fiero! Sweeet

One of Tyler's family friends offered up his enclosed trailer for us to use for storage and to move the car up to Tires Plus tomorrow incase it is raining. Tomorrow morning I am going to make a trip down to the body shop and see where we are at and get the car up to DL sometime during the day if it works with T+ and Dave/Karen

Thats what's up

Viking Red Baron and I are going to Tyler's Benefit this afternoon I will snap a couple pics

Nick
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The interest hasn't died down... The views on this thread grow every time I refresh the page.

I have been busy trying to make my car road worthy again to get it up to Tyler's safely.

New struts in the back, new shocks in the front. The originals on the car were literally the originals.. 254,000 miles on OE shocks and struts.. It is time for a change.

I am also replacing the failed brakes, and have to finish that up tonight.

I have slacked on updating the donations, but they are still coming in.

I will get things updated as soon as I get the chance.

Nick. Please dig through the boxes and find the Fiero Store braided brake lines for me. We need those to go to Tires Plus tomorrow.

Also... Any/all of the boxes, after you have verified contents, please start moving them to the Body Shop for us. I will clear it with Dave and Karen to make sure that they have the room for us.

I am doing some shopping down here on the side, finding little touches to help complete the look and feel of the vehicle..
I stopped by the Autozone LED section and picked up all sorts of bolt on LED stuff, like license plate brackets, wiper blades, interior accent lighting...
I am KIDDING! We want the car to be classy.. Not trashy. I would never do that to you Tyler!

Have faith.. You'll love it when it is done.

On a side note, I believe we have everything we need except the front braces used for towing under the aero nose.
As far as the intake and valve covers... If anyone closer to MN has an engraved intake with valve covers, please get ahold of me. I realize Antuzzi is working on his as well. I want to make sure we have a fail safe, just in case.
At the least, you'll end up with a nicely finished intake you can toss onto a car..
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to the powder coat shop on monday and see if he can get them done. I feel like crap over this ordeal
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I'm going to the powder coat shop on monday and see if he can get them done. I feel like crap over this ordeal

Edit: Fred has an intake/valve cover set that we can use. Since it does not need to fly up, it will be more convenient for all involved.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-15-2009).]

wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from the benefit and the shirts are basically gone as are all the black hats. They have started a list for people to pre-order so I will let you know. I have several requests for some 3XLs. I should know what I need for sure by tomorrow. The benefit still has 3 hours left to go and there are so many people there! It is amazing!
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an engraved 2.8 intake but dont think it will get there in time if i send it now.. if you do need me to send it please pm me as each time i log on this thread grows massively and i cannot always keep track.
Ryan
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wakjul I'm going to be attending for the weekend so please resrve my medium shirt and black hat please, if you haven't already.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis, sent you a PM.

With a little luck, we will have one just like this for the weekend.

Fred

[This message has been edited by RAREW66 (edited 11-15-2009).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wakejul:

Just got back from the benefit and the shirts are basically gone as are all the black hats. They have started a list for people to pre-order so I will let you know. I have several requests for some 3XLs. I should know what I need for sure by tomorrow. The benefit still has 3 hours left to go and there are so many people there! It is amazing!

That is great news. If you can let me know in the morning how many more shirts you will need and I will make more. E.mail sent.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is AWESOME Julie! I figured they would go quick! How many are actually reserved from that first batch?

Would it make sense to just run off another 100, and let people know that they can pick them up at the reveal, and during the build out in the front of the office at the body shop?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Antuzzi, Fred has an intake set/valve cover set... Don't worry about bringing a set up or having them PC'd... You just take care of yourself and your other stuff... I look forward to seeing you at the build!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do I win the next page?!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock