Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 36)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You keep Fiero parts under your bed?
Where the heck do you keep all your ordinance and ammunition? When the zombies come, you're gonna be up the creek without a paddle--and don't be callin me for help either. When it comes to zombies--it's every man for himself.

Bow before me minions--pg 36 is mine!

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-13-2009).]

IP: Logged
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have fiero parts every where. in my room at the moment and I see....notchie quarter windows, lowering springs/coil over kit, my headman exhaust tips and the pontiac sign I bought from a ex Pontiac dealership. As far as zombies go.....how does one even kill a zombie?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I have fiero parts every where. in my room at the moment and I see....notchie quarter windows, lowering springs/coil over kit, my headman exhaust tips and the pontiac sign I bought from a ex Pontiac dealership. As far as zombies go.....how does one even kill a zombie?

How? Good Grief!!! You've been in cryogenic suspension most of your life huh? Since at this late date, you don't know how, the odds of you having the ability to kill one are extremely slim. You'll be better off joining the running crowd, and developing the knack of tripping the person beside or right in front of you while not missing a step yourself. Remember--you don't have to be faster than the fastest zombie--you just have to be faster than the slowest person in your group.
Me? I make Burt Gummer look like an amature wannabe.

The rest of America will wake up soon and this thread can get back on track.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I found a engraved intake under my bed :

Yes...yes you are obsessed !
That is cool though.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I honestly feel that we should still invest the time, parts and labor into the 2.8 to make it look spiffy, run great, and sound mean.

I completely agree this is the best thing synth.
Looks like Tyler agrees.
It is a GO!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We have emailed each other 15+ times.

Wow that guy is a jerk.

Side note: The flag and plaque have been sent and will be leaving Iraq on the next plane.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah. I don't want to be mean to the other guy... Situations happen. Absorb the bad rep, or we can find another set with the tight time we have.

I appreciate the fact that you were willing to tell him "no" on it. We can always pull his existing set, and get them redone, since we WILL have a spare set.

Anyway, I am PUMPED about this, especially after everything that happened last night!

I have a fender, I have the aero parts, I have another surprise for the car (if Dave and Karen are able to pull it off in time and think it is feasible.)

I am just wound for sound!
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That guy's a jerk. You should pm me his contact info..... I got a few words for him. And just as a prank, I want to ship him an intake and valve covers from a ford taurus and see how he likes it. hehehehe
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on getting back in touch with your long lost niece and nephew, Chris! Good things are just happening for you all over the place. Hopefully, the parents will let you have contact with them when they realize you don't associate with your sister any more.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Congratulations on getting back in touch with your long lost niece and nephew, Chris! Good things are just happening for you all over the place. Hopefully, the parents will let you have contact with them when they realize you don't associate with your sister any more.

The parents have no say in the matter now. My niece is 18, my nephew is 20.. I have been looking for them for a long time. To have them come out of nowhere was amazing.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOTELS

Hey guys is this where most people are staying, these two hotels? I haven't picked a place yet. My wife plans to bake some of her "7 layer bars" for everyone at the build...they are good!

Budget Host Inn‎ - Old Highway 10, Frazee, MN‎ - (800) 888-2124‎ Single bed rooms, 52+tax. Double bed rooms 55+tax.

Morningside Motel 31348 County Hwy 10, Frazee, MN 56544 218-334-5021

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
T SHIRTS and HATS

If we are at the build, can we pay/pick up there, or do we need to have them shipped?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

HOTELS

Hey guys is this where most people are staying, these two hotels? I haven't picked a place yet. My wife plans to come with and said she will bake some of her "7 layer bars" for everyone at the build...they are good!

Budget Host Inn‎ - Old Highway 10, Frazee, MN‎ - (800) 888-2124‎ Single bed rooms, 52+tax. Double bed rooms 55+tax.

Morningside Motel 31348 County Hwy 10, Frazee, MN 56544 218-334-5021

Those are the two main locations, but you can shop around..

Budget Host actually dropped their prices down considerably... So give them a call, state you are part of the Fiero build... Try Morningside, as their prices are 20 for a single, 25 for a double.. They may still have a room available.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by 2.5:

T SHIRTS and HATS

If we are at the build, can we pay/pick up there, or do we need to have them shipped?

PM Wakejul and let her know you want hats/shirts held.
Specify the size, and how many of each.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didnt read the last post correctly , duh

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 11-13-2009).]

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still need a left fender, or are you all set? I have a coupe one that has two cracks in the mounting areas. Rest is usable.. def needs paint.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smartaxel:

Do you still need a left fender, or are you all set? I have a coupe one that has two cracks in the mounting areas. Rest is usable.. def needs paint.

We have the fender. I need to update the first post, but am at work and busy. Will get to it asap. Thanks!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We have the fender. I need to update the first post, but am at work and busy. Will get to it asap. Thanks!

Chris, that was Fiero STS that supplied the fender, right? Did we also get the fender and quarter aero trim? I will update the first post for you if you want.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris, that was Fiero STS that supplied the fender, right? Did we also get the fender and quarter aero trim? I will update the first post for you if you want.

Yes, Fiero STS has donated a lot to this cause.

He has donated the fender, the fender and quarter panel aero trim for both sides, the lower air dam, the front wheel well liners for the Aero, a leather shift knob that he had on hand. When mmeyer's comes in, we can give the new one to Fiero STS.
He also donated something that I think will really complete the look of the car. You'll see it when we put the car back together.
On top of all of that, he also handed me a set of rear springs for my car so I can install my new suspension before the build weekend.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim has to be one of the most generous people that I know. Awesome.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Tim has to be one of the most generous people that I know. Awesome.

No doubt. Tim is good people. He knows his stuff, and he is very generous. I was very impressed with everything he tossed at me last night. Trying to squeeze that T-Top panel and all of the hardware and glass into my car last night sucked...

I kid I kid. He has pulled through with a lot of stuff, and the final result will be spectacular.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Page 1 updated, Chris. Thank you Tim!!!!!
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your welcome.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks FieroSTS--thats a lot of stuff--and from your heart as has been said. I tried to give everyone involved a +, (that didn't already have one) but never realized the rating system only allows ya to do 10 per day.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the record, the T-Top line was a joke. A "misdirect" for the final vision of the car...

Tim provided the Aero effects, the fender, a leather shift knob (new), and some other stuff...

No T-Tops. Sorry guys, you can stop PMing me now. lol
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Thanks FieroSTS--thats a lot of stuff--and from your heart as has been said. I tried to give everyone involved a +, (that didn't already have one) but never realized the rating system only allows ya to do 10 per day.

I just hope we can get this done in time for him to enjoy it. The weather is starting to turn, our days of Indian summer are coming to an end.

If you leave Texas and drive staight through it's only about 24 hours from Houston to my house.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I looked into the travel time here to there on Tuesday--was going to bring a fender up, but I'm afraid the days of me doing anything 24 hrs straight are about done. I'll just have to settle for being there in spirit and prayer. My wife doesn't travel well anyway, and I sure can't leave her here. She keeps a pretty tight line on me nowdays-so-sometimes I call her a wench.
Good luck to all of ya, and God Bless.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-13-2009).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

...I sure can't leave her here. She keeps a pretty tight line on me nowdays-so-sometimes I call her a wench.

LOL!
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe I just now decided to click on this thread. I read the whole thing this morning between classes.

On the engine swap, why not see if you can trade/sell the 3400 block for a 3.4 pushrod block? Tyler would still get his new, rebuilt block (and with more power) but it would be a simple and direct swap since the 2.8 parts can be bolted right on the 3.4 block. Also, all the 2.8 related parts that have been generously donated could still be re-used on the swapped-in, beefier 3.4 PR.

A 3.4 could be swapped in place of the 2.8 relatively quick so that the car wouldn't be down long so Tyler could still enjoy the extra oomph the 3.4 PR gives over the stock 2.8.

Just a suggestion

On a side note, I have an '86 GT that I'm using as a DD but if you guys need any last-minute GT-specific parts I don't have a problem pulling them from my car and sending them, as long as the parts don't keep me from still driving mine :P
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[SIZE=3][b]These are HIGH PRIORITY ITEMS! (Updated 11/13)
Both of the vertical support pieces that go behind the aero nose and bolt to the front impact beam.
The impact absorber is good, but the plastic braces are bad. Need both, ASAP...

I'm not 100% sure what that is, anybody got a picture and i'll see if i've got them.
I wish i had seen this post BEFORE!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

I'm not 100% sure what that is, anybody got a picture and i'll see if i've got them.
I wish i had seen this post BEFORE!

On the front impact beam under the aero nose are two pieces of plastic. They bolt onto the impact beam. The honeycomb absorber is different from these pieces.

As was explained to me last night, these two pieces simply keep the nose from pulling upwards when towing the car using a truck that has a strap lift.

In the first batch of photos with the nose off the car, you will see one on the left side of the image, and the one on the right is missing.
We need them for reassembly.
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah ha, found the picture on PG31. I don't remember taking those off my car when i stripped it down but if i can find them you guys can have them! I'll look when i get home. Wonder if the other car I'm selling tomorrow has them on it ..

Need anythign else?? And i didn't read every page but isn't the work getting done all this weekend? Will it be too late to send them out assuming i find them?? I could send out tomorrow but they wouldn't arrive until Moday or Tuesday.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next weekend.

And Murphy strikes again...

Caliper #1 on my car blew the seal between the piston and the piston bore...

Caliper #2 ate the pad, which came off of the backing plate...

So, out the window, 300 bucks for brakes.. If I am going to put new brakes on two wheels, I may as well do all four and make them look nice.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

Ah ha, found the picture on PG31. I don't remember taking those off my car when i stripped it down but if i can find them you guys can have them! I'll look when i get home. Wonder if the other car I'm selling tomorrow has them on it ..

Need anythign else?? And i didn't read every page but isn't the work getting done all this weekend? Will it be too late to send them out assuming i find them?? I could send out tomorrow but they wouldn't arrive until Moday or Tuesday.

Weekend of the 21st as I understand it.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Karen from Frazee Auto Body and Glass called me back...

She wanted to let me know how this little event we have planned is affecting the entire town.

A gentleman walked into the shop today and talked with Karen.

He offered a room with a queen sized bed for anyone who needed a place to stay, and offered to drive them around wherever they needed to go. He said he "Has plenty of eggs and bacon" for breakfast.

Everyone in town wants to be a part of this event for Tyler. They all want to help us in any way they can to help us pull this off successfully.

I am honored to be a part of this...

If anyone would like to take Gary up on his offer, please PM me, or call me on my cell phone, which is listed in the first post.
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

I can't believe I just now decided to click on this thread. I read the whole thing this morning between classes.

On the engine swap, why not see if you can trade/sell the 3400 block for a 3.4 pushrod block? Tyler would still get his new, rebuilt block (and with more power) but it would be a simple and direct swap since the 2.8 parts can be bolted right on the 3.4 block. Also, all the 2.8 related parts that have been generously donated could still be re-used on the swapped-in, beefier 3.4 PR.

A 3.4 could be swapped in place of the 2.8 relatively quick so that the car wouldn't be down long so Tyler could still enjoy the extra oomph the 3.4 PR gives over the stock 2.8.

Just a suggestion

On a side note, I have an '86 GT that I'm using as a DD but if you guys need any last-minute GT-specific parts I don't have a problem pulling them from my car and sending them, as long as the parts don't keep me from still driving mine :P

If memory serves me right, the starter on the 2.8 in the Fiero is on the other side of the block from the other cars with the same engine.

Swapping a genric 3.4 will prolly not be an easy option.
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

VikingRedBaron

879 posts
Member since Nov 2009

Karen from Frazee Auto Body and Glass called me back...

She wanted to let me know how this little event we have planned is affecting the entire town.

A gentleman walked into the shop today and talked with Karen.

He offered a room with a queen sized bed for anyone who needed a place to stay, and offered to drive them around wherever they needed to go. He said he "Has plenty of eggs and bacon" for breakfast.

Everyone in town wants to be a part of this event for Tyler. They all want to help us in any way they can to help us pull this off successfully.

I am honored to be a part of this...

If anyone would like to take Gary up on his offer, please PM me, or call me on my cell phone, which is listed in the first post.

Does he have any daughters, and what do they look like?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Does he have any daughters, and what do they look like?

Har... Har... Not funny.. :P
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Has plenty of eggs and bacon" for breakfast.

mmmmmm bacon. Maybe Rumor will show up
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero STS

2045 posts
Member since Nov 2001
Page 37 isn't far off
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock