Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Synthesis,

What's in gonna cost me to get my name moved to the first spot........lol I'm just kidding...... It looks great! You have done an amazing job keeping this all organized and moving forward. GREAT JOB! 1 million +'s to all involved.

Pat

Edit to add: I still have not figured out how to secure a few of those shirts. Anybody?

Julie Wake in Frazee will be handling all sales on the shirts. The original idea was to give shirts to varying people who were involved... But considering that the cost of the shirts is being covered by the Staff, Alumni and Senior/Junior classes at Frazee High School.. And that the entire purpose of the shirts was to raise money for the family, all shirts will be sold.

This means that even I have to buy a shirt for myself, and if I want to give shirts to people who helped out, I will need to buy shirts for them.
This is more than acceptable for me, and I am very happy that this is the route that everyone has chosen to go.

After talking with Julie, the guesstimate is that the S/M/L/XL shirts will be 14. The 2x/3x shirts will be 18.

Shipping is extra. I will let Julie make the final decisions on all of the above.

There are only 100 or so shirts being printed on the first run. More can be printed, but only when/if ALL of the existing sell out.

Edit: SWEET, another page owned by me!

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-09-2009).]

IP: Logged
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no problem purchasing the shirts. It's a great idea! I'll get in touch with Julie. Thanks for the info.

Pat

Edit to add: I hope I did not give the impression that I was looking for shirts for free! I apologize if it came across that way.

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-10-2009).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Wakejul, You have a PM.

Pat
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I 100% agree that EVERY shirt should be sold. It would be far to expensive to give everyone listed on that shirt, a free shirt Well, actually, I can think of ONE person that will definitely be getting a shirt absolutely free!

I am just throwing this out there, but I would thing of doing something like a lot of fund raisers do. Something like any donation over, say $50 or whatever amount, would receive a free shirt. I know anyone can buy one for $14 There are however times, where as I know myself, have done a larger donation, past the asking price, for the cause.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-09-2009).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I for one have no problem paying for a shirt also!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, where are the shirts being printed, sorry if I missed it... In Frazee? Wondering about a second run of shirts, and being able to get them printed, if they go fast (as I know they will!)
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone has the PC and Camera available to set up a video stream I might have a lead on a possible server that everyone can watch from. Let me know what equipment is available and I'll let him know what we need. I'm pretty sure he would be interested in helping for the weekend and be able to take the massive amount of bandwidth.

Stu
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want an xl--where do I send the $?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis, If you wish I don't have a problem keeping a tally of shirts running in the background, I would only ask for PM's to keep it less cluttered on this thread.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read back several pages that a "list" was being kept? I just sent a PM to wakejul. Still not sure how the ordering is going to take place. I think there will be a need for more than 100 shirts. Should raise a fair amount of money for the family.

Pat
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well lets find that list and get it known.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A t-shirt list has been added to orginal post on page 1. Those who want t-shirts can PM me and I will add you to the list. When you PM, send me the qty you want, what sizes, and whether you have paid or not. Right now, nobody will have paid because we are still working out the price, and how to pay.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Ok, this is a post for information for the public. I'm pretty sure that all t-shirt orders will go to Wakejul, but we need to nail down how to pay for them. I also need the same information for the hats, and we will need set prices for the hats and t-shirts.

I have started both a t-shirt WTB list and a hat WTB list on the original post. Once I get all of the solid information on both of these, I will update the original post with the instructions on how to get them.

If somebody can please let me know the details of either the hats or shirts, please send me a PM.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im still here just havent been feelin well the past few days. Do we still need the shifter shroud out of my 86. Its in pretty decent shape.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I buy a shirt while I'm there? In frazee.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ace5514 has also offered up a radio bracket if it is needed. Are you getting one for sure, Synthesis?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...this is an awesome thing being done. I am doing a similar thing for a lady that lost her husband to cancer...trying to get it ready for Daytona and for her to drive but not here to hijack the thread.

What parts are still needed at this point?
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Same question here. Thread is too long and quick for me to keep up with.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am thinking that PayPal would be the best way to pay for the shirts. Set up a store, and let people enter the CC info through PayPal (Any credit card, online check will work through them). Possibly as an eBay store ect. This will keep all billing legit, and cover both the seller and the buyer through PayPal. At $14 for a shirt, I am thinking it will be like .75 cents costs per shirt for their processing, but is far worth it for the record keeping and such. (Just add $1 to the cost of the shirts)

This will also keep a nice record, provide if payment was made, keep all billing information private, provide address's to send the shirts ect. It would just be overwhelming I think to try to keep track of it "by hand" with lists, and such.

Synopsis:

- Set up the store
- People choose quantity and sizes in the store (Will keep track of inventory as well)
- Finalize the order and pay for the shirts
- When payment is made, and payment and charge goes through without a problem, an notification of sale email will be received with the shipping address
- Send out Qty and size of shirts listed on the confirmation email.

I just see no other way to take orders from all over the world, and bill to so many different credit cards as well as keep track of everything any other way.

Local shirts can easily just be sold cash in hand.....

Chirs, if you want, when I get home from work this afternoon, I can work on setting up a store and page that I can upload on TylersToy.com. You would just have to alter the PayPal information for the sales.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-10-2009).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Wow...this is an awesome thing being done. I am doing a similar thing for a lady that lost her husband to cancer...trying to get it ready for Daytona and for her to drive but not here to hijack the thread.

I don't want to speak for Chris, but at least as far as the list on my original post, everything has been accounted for except for the radio brackets, but we have two members offering them up. So unless Nick or someone with access to the car comes on here and says we need something else, we should have it all.
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the shirts be availible at the build? can we pay for them there? If so put me down for one XL. Thanks.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

If anyone has the PC and Camera available to set up a video stream I might have a lead on a possible server that everyone can watch from. Let me know what equipment is available and I'll let him know what we need. I'm pretty sure he would be interested in helping for the weekend and be able to take the massive amount of bandwidth.

Stu

I will have a laptop along with an IP security Camera that we can mount up to something. I would like to broadcast in black and white for two reasons...
Save bandwidth, and hide the color of the car.

I can bring the IP cam, a wireless router (as I am unsure if there is a router on-site for the cable modem) and the laptop. I can set up the stream on Friday Night, and we can see about getting it out to the world.

At the very least, we can run with no video, and I can set the system up to capture via time-lapse, and we can pop a time lapse video together.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
I believe we have everything we need, except the brackets. Bobby from Indianapolis is shipping the GT windows and the ground effects today.. I am going to pull from the donation to assist with shipping, as we will be trying to get them up there next day or 2 day to be prepped.

I will be calling Dave this morning once I get to work..

Shirts, send a PM to Julie and ask that a shirt be held for you.

She should be able to do that.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris,

Should we send a PM to Wakejul if we won't be at the build and want t-shirts? I added a list to page 1 of the people who want shirts and hats. Also, my wife shipped the lenses yesterday to Nick's. He should have them in another day or two.
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I don't want to speak for Chris, but at least as far as the list on my original post, everything has been accounted for except for the radio brackets, but we have two members offering them up. So unless Nick or someone with access to the car comes on here and says we need something else, we should have it all.

I have the radio brackets at work and they will be shipped today (2 day shipping)
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Chris,

Should we send a PM to Wakejul if we won't be at the build and want t-shirts? I added a list to page 1 of the people who want shirts and hats. Also, my wife shipped the lenses yesterday to Nick's. He should have them in another day or two.

Andy,
Yes. And update me for a 3x shirt on the first post.

Terry_w, Thank you. Awesome!
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, real quick this morning and then I will write more a little later I am not sure how to set up a store on paypal only an account. The easiest way for me would be to have you PM me with your real name and your forum name and I will set a shirt aside for you. If you pay thru paypal I will mark it as pd. otherwise you can pay me on Saturday the 21st. If we need more shirts printed after the benefit I will let Chris know on Sunday night. That way they should be able to get to me by Saturday. Does that sound good to everyone?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Dave at Frazee Auto Body and Glass.

We are arranging to do a body off paint. The vehicle should be sans body when we get there. This will allow us to work without scratching things up.

We will be doing final reassembly on the day of....

Now, I have a member who is in the process of getting a clip/rivet kit together.

I need to make sure we have a complete set, so anyone else who has body molding clips, rivets, rivet guns and whatnot to help put a Fiero back together from the ground up, please let me know. We need to get the clips and rivets together ASAP so that we can put the car together.

Reassembly should only take a couple of very short hours.
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will also look at the first list tonite so if you are on the t-shirt list already no need to PM me. I think $14 for S/M/L/XL and $18 for sizes above. Also what about the hats? Are those just for the build or for the benefit also?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wakejul:

OK, real quick this morning and then I will write more a little later I am not sure how to set up a store on paypal only an account. The easiest way for me would be to have you PM me with your real name and your forum name and I will set a shirt aside for you. If you pay thru paypal I will mark it as pd. otherwise you can pay me on Saturday the 21st. If we need more shirts printed after the benefit I will let Chris know on Sunday night. That way they should be able to get to me by Saturday. Does that sound good to everyone?

Julie,

That sounds perfect.
The store would be an online thing on Tyler's website, allowing people who visit to place an order. All payments would be processed through Paypal, and you would receive an email saying "This person ordered these items, and paid this much."

You would simply box and ship.

The store is something we can set up if we need to. It would simplify things for you in the long run when you are selling shirts to people all over the country, and even further.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by wakejul:

I will also look at the first list tonite so if you are on the t-shirt list already no need to PM me. I think $14 for S/M/L/XL and $18 for sizes above. Also what about the hats? Are those just for the build or for the benefit also?

Benefit. I am unsure what the plan is for some of them. I don't know if Chris is arranging for Tyler to get a bunch out of the hats shipped to you or if a separate package is heading up. Set some aside from those until we know.

As for the shirts, please toss a few at Tyler for him and his friends. I think that is fair. He'd love to be able to give a few out I am sure.

I think if a few people involved with the benefit wore the shirts out and about during the benefit, and even in town before hand... And you made Tyler and his friends do the fashion model bit at the benefit, you would sell a lot more of them.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-10-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Andy,
Yes. And update me for a 3x shirt on the first post.

Terry_w, Thank you. Awesome!

Updated.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A quick note to all who have helped out so far...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart... Below is something I wrote for an old newspaper I used to write for. I was actually called by them on something else, and during the discussion, I mentioned the Forum and what we were doing. This newspaper is in a small town, and they asked me to write this. It has not been published yet, but once it is, I will see if I can send off for a paper.

Tyler's Toy - Chris Kliewer

By reading the title of a thread, my life changed. A forum member was asking for assistance with helping a fellow member on Pennock's Fiero Forum. I clicked on the link, skimmed the text until a single word caught my eye...

Cancer. I stopped, and I reread the words in detail.
A member of our close knit car community had been diagnosed with cancer, and the doctors were unable to treat it.

I went back to the original thread, and read through the posts by various members of the board. I thought "I can help", and started rummaging through my collection of items. What I found helped me focus on a tangible goal in my life.

Tyler Shipman, an 18 year old High School Senior in Frazee, Minnesota had been diagnosed with Synovial Sarcoma, a very rare and aggressive form of cancer that primarily affects young adults. Tyler had been having back pains that were progressively getting worse. When they performed the MRI on October 8th, 2009 the doctors discovered numerous growths near his heart, down his spine and femurs. The pain was caused by the growths putting pressure on nerve clusters.

On a Monday, he was driving to school, and by that Thursday, he couldn't walk.
Tyler's original message to the Fiero Forum was a simple plea. "I love my Fiero, but I can't go through with my plans to fix it up. I am in the hospital with cancer, and don't know how long I have. It could be Spring, or sooner. Can anyone help me with parts?"

A snowball forms and starts to roll.

This is where the story starts. A forum member serving in Iraq had found the time to ask for help with an idea. He wanted to get people together to help Tyler fix his car up. It began with a simple request for parts. The next stage involved volunteers planning to run up and help.
When I joined in the thread, I simply posted that I had a car stereo that I could donate to the cause.

I monitored the thread after that, and found people scratching their heads, trying to figure out how they could help.

People were calling Fiero specific vendors asking if they could donate parts. Others were trying to figure out how they could chip in. With the original poster "Hulki" halfway around the world, there did not seem to be any clear and concise organization to the people and the thread. Everyone wanted to help, but noone knew quite how.

I noticed a few people were talking about flying in, others about driving up. People wanted to donate money. I volunteered to handle donations in Paypal.

The snow ball continued on it's path down hill.

I found myself calling a body and glass shop in Frazee to ask about labor costs. I explained why I was calling, and they volunteered to do the work for free, for one of their own. We just needed to provide the glass. I asked them how much the glass was, and they gave me a quote that was significantly lower than normal price.
I ordered it then and there.

More phone calls by various members, and we had not only a new windshield, but new leather upholstery on the way from a leather shop, a new front bumper for the car from a Fiero specific vendor, and many parts from various members.

The snow ball becomes an avalanche.

People started reserving rooms at area motels, flights were being booked from California, Texas, Florida, and the Eastern Seaboard. Some people were paying for plane tickets for others. A group from Indianapolis was making plans to drive non-stop from home to Frazee, MN all for a single 3 day weekend of busting knuckles, swearing, and fun.

The phone calls I had made to Frazee, MN asking local shops if they could help us with our "Rebuild Weekend" resulted in the entire town finding out about our plans. Our web forum was inundated with people from the town as they watched our discussion. A teacher from the local high school joined the forum just to say thank you and volunteer her services, along with that of the other teachers and staff.

The body shop called me back and told me that they wanted to donate all of the labor and materials to repaint Tyler's car. I teared up on the phone.

Friends of Tyler's joined in to be the liaison between Tyler and us when Tyler was going through Chemotherapy during the month of October and was unavailable.

The donations continued. $100 here, 25 there. People giving what they could afford, and by doing so, giving their heart to the cause.

Today, we are up over $1100 in cash donations from members of Pennock's Fiero Forum and various people who have heard of our plans. The donations in merchandise, labor, supplies and more come to a total far higher than it's monetary value. The biggest donation I have seen everyone give for this event is love. Love for someone who shares the passions we do for the Pontiac Fiero, and love for a fellow human being.

We have a T-Shirt being printed by a forum member with the sole purpose being to say "Thank you" to everyone who helped, and to raise money for the family. He is printing them for cost. The first batch will be 100 shirts. Almost all of them are spoken for.

I have a very distinct feeling that when we complete the work on Tyler's Pontiac Fiero, the entire town is going to turn out to see it as it leaves the shop. I have no doubt in my mind that what we are doing is the right thing. Without having met Tyler, I know that he is worth the time and effort that everyone is investing. I have an emotional investment in this project, and fully intend to see it through no matter what the outcome may be.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Erin from ACS (the local ISP) is going to give Karen a call.
ACS is using Frazee as a local test site for their new high speed 50 Meg connections..

They want to donate the bandwidth and labor to come out to the Body Shop, install one of the new modems, and crank the service to the max for us.
After the event, they will come back out at no charge, swap in the original modem, and put everything back to normal.

We will be able to perform updates, provide video streaming as long as we have a web multiplexer and site, and be ready to go.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-10-2009).]

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful, well written post synthesis.
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Just got off the phone with Dave at Frazee Auto Body and Glass.

We are arranging to do a body off paint. The vehicle should be sans body when we get there. This will allow us to work without scratching things up.

We will be doing final reassembly on the day of....

Now, I have a member who is in the process of getting a clip/rivet kit together.

I need to make sure we have a complete set, so anyone else who has body molding clips, rivets, rivet guns and whatnot to help put a Fiero back together from the ground up, please let me know. We need to get the clips and rivets together ASAP so that we can put the car together.

Reassembly should only take a couple of very short hours.

Chris I have both the large riveter for the metal rivits and a plastic riveter for all the plastic rivets. I will bring them with.
I dont have any clips as thy usually break when removed. The Fiero store sells all the body clips. Alos Ardel fasteners use to have all of the fiero clips, I think their website is down though.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

Chris I have both the large riveter for the metal rivits and a plastic riveter for all the plastic rivets. I will bring them with.
I dont have any clips as thy usually break when removed. The Fiero store sells all the body clips. Alos Ardel fasteners use to have all of the fiero clips, I think their website is down though.

Great. I am on the phone with the Fiero Store right now, getting a kit put together. I know other members are working on a kit as well, so extra clips and fasteners won't hurt.

I just want to make sure we have everything we need for the complete reassembly.

Tim, it will be great to have you there..
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
The entire fastener kit from the Fiero Store is on the way.... I will update the first post with the expenses in a little bit.

It wasn't cheap, but they cut the price pretty good on it.
It is shipping straight to the body shop.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice post, Chris. My hat is off to you.
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris,

Are we doing anything with the suspension? New shocks, struts, tie rods, ball joints?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock